PDA

View Full Version : Few more items rumored for 04

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Basic Figures 4-pack Assortment

3-3/4" Naboo Final Conflict (June 2004)

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene Packs

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene I Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Mundi (March 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene II Obi Wan, Plo Kloon, Ickath (May 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene III Shaak Ti, Chema, Sta Sta (July 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene IV Anakin, Sae Sae, Adegalia (September 2004)
3-3/4" Convention / Toy Fair Figure (July 2004)

Classic Vehicle Assortment

3-3/4" Y Wing (August 2004)
3-3/4" Tie Fighter w/New Wings & Pilot (July 2004)
3-3/4" Sandcrawler (June 2004)
3-3/4" ESB Slave I with Boba Fett (July 2004)

from RS

Sidiously Darth
02-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Interesting...Hey Turbo, where did you get this info? I've never even heard of a few of these.

Ickath - Eeth Koth maybe?

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene III Shaak Ti, Chema, Sta Sta - Shaak Ti wasn't on the original council and who are these other 2?

Sae Sae - Saesee Tinn?

Adegalia - Adi Galia?

3-3/4" Naboo Final Conflict - Wonder who will be in this? Qui Gon, Obi-Wan, ?, ?

Thanks for the info!

Silent Chazz
02-25-2004, 02:16 PM
whoever did this report sure needs to get names straight. I believe Sae Sae is Saesee Tiin, Adegalia is Adi Galia, and Chema is Coleman Trebor. Ikath and Sta Sta I have no clue who they are but they aren't on the Council.

Sid, I believe what Hasblow is doing is releasing all 14 Council Members to have sat on the council (that is, since theres 12 in TPM, two left between the movies and 2 have replaced em for the 12 Members seen in AOTC).

bobafrett
02-25-2004, 02:18 PM
"I want proof, not leads!"

Jargo
02-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Sta Sta = Stass Allie perhaps.

Which would mean:

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene I Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Ki-Adi Mundi (March 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene II Obi Wan, Plo Kloon, Eeth Koth (May 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene III Shaak Ti, Coleman Trebor, Stass Allie (July 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene IV Anakin, Saesee Tiin, Adi Galia (September 2004)
Obi-Wan, Anakin and Stass Allie all haven't sat on council but are all significant characters. Four sets would seem a little excessive for one year though. I could see two coming 2004 and the other two in 2005. Hasbro can't keep churning all this stuff out and expecting people to keep up. The plans for this year are already fairly excessive. Are they just going to continue flooding the market with pegwarmers? Stores are still trying to shift the AOTC stocks. How are they supposed to keep up? Hasbro is really shooting themselves in the foot here.

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Interesting...Hey Turbo, where did you get this info? I've never even heard of a few of these.
It's at the bottom of my post, but I got it from RS (RebelScum). no problem. I have some time off work so I have a bit of time to read all the crap on a few sites.

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Rumors? When did SSG change to CNN?

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Rumors? When did SSG change to CNN?Since Hasbro changed to Rehashbro.

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Since Hasbro changed to Rehashbro.

Sweet deal!! :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2004, 06:10 PM
3-3/4" Naboo Final Conflict (June 2004) - If Hasbro were smart they'd rerelease Queen Amidala with the Ascension Gun, Naboo Royal Guard, Naboo Royal Security, and maybe Captain Panaka or Holo Sidious. But we'll probably end up with another duel Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Maul and a Battle Droid plus some really cool thing that's not out yet and exclusive to the set. :rolleyes:

Jedi Council Scene I Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Mundi - Old news.
Jedi Council Scene II Obi Wan, Plo Kloon, Ickath - Maybe a chance for a good cloaked TPM (or AOTC for that matter) Obi-Wan.
Jedi Council Scene III Shaak Ti, Chema, Sta Sta - Assuming the other two are Coleman and Stass Allie, this is good for AOTC Jedi.
Jedi Council Scene IV Anakin, Sae Sae, Adegalia - Probably from TPM (since Qui-Gon is in the sets), but I'd rather have a nice neutral cloaked Anakin.

Convention / Toy Fair Figure - Not another one! Maybe referring to the March TRU Clone?

Y Wing - Kinda hard to find the first time. Maybe it could be pilotless for Gold Leader to be in it.
Tie Fighter w/New Wings & Pilot - Even though they're rereleasing the POTF TIE in the OTC, a new one would be very nice.
Sandcrawler - Gee, haven't heard that this is coming soon. :rolleyes:
ESB Slave I with Boba Fett - Hopefully, the Slave I from the Jango sculpt. This would be awesome if it comes to pass.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I could live without yet another TIE Fighter. Seeing the TIE Interceptor agin (the first time for me, since I never saw one at all) would be welcome though.

arctangent
02-26-2004, 10:13 AM
its about time they fixed the panels on the tie fighter. they should have done that on the release last year instead of the back end.

perhaps they will officially release the y-wing in the uk this time. it was only available on import and was not worth the money people were asking for it, so i am missing this one.

sandcrawler will be good if it really ever happens as will boba fett's slave 1 using the aotc mould.

Turbowars
03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm respecting GH wishes and am linking to their site. It's worth a look.

Playkools
Wave 2 Cantina sets
Bespin wave assortment
Sandcrawler
Y-wing
X-wing with Cup
Tie fighter with Cup
Vader and C3PO figure cases
Playsets, multipacks
12" Chewy
and another Silver figure

Check it out
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2441&zoneid=2

Banthaholic
03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
There was another thread I started on the Swami's 'news' that has now disappeared, so I guess I'll post here.
My prediction on the '04 silver figure. A Tatooine inhabitant? How about a silver Jawa.

Turbowars
03-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Well if your post is gone, then this one will go also. I don't see the big deal with the link, but this is Steve's site and he calls the shots.

The repacking is getting out of hand. Some of the stuff sounds cool, but not really needed. It seems as if hasbro is going a bit overboard with this DVD release. The stores will probably get bombarded with these figures with the DVD release and when EP3 comes out the vicious cycle with continue until Hasbro completely kills the line.:ermm:

Banthaholic
03-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I agree. The repacks are definitely getting out of hand, they're just giving stores reasons to stop carrying their stuff.

I can see why a few repacks are necessary, although right now they've gone over the edge. Neat packaging or not, pegs will be clogged.

Kidhuman
03-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Whats with all the repacks in the Bespin Wave? Boba is pegwarming now. The only thing I liked was the Cantina wave duece.

Tycho
03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
OK, what's this stuff mean?

1) PLAYSKOOL - I really dig that collection and would love more. Main Characters never made in Playskool style include:

Luke Tatooine, Princess Leia, Old Ben Kenobi, Tusken Raider, Jawa
Snowtrooper, Luke Bespin, Boba Fett, Lando Calrissian, Yoda
Luke Jedi, Gamorrean Guard, Jabba the Hutt, Emperor Palpatine Royal Guard
Queen Amidala, Qui-Gonn Jinn, JarJar Binks, Nute Gunray, Darth Sidious
Jango Fett, Master Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, Padme, Super Battle Droid

I just wish we'd get some more vehicles:

AT-AT, Slave-One, Desert Skiff, AT-ST, Droid Tank, Republic Gunship

2) CANTINA SETS everyone really needs Kitik Keed Kak. It's a fluke I got him from a friend with overseas connections (I've had her maybe a year or longer now). Well, I wish for everyone who wants her to get her.

Evazan and Wuher rehased are not high on my radar for "want or need." Some of you newer collectors might need them, so I won't begrudge you that.

What I want is the:

Givin
Arcona
Gotal
Anzati
Abyssan
Advoze
Saurin
Defel
Tonnika Sisters
Lamproid

and I think that covers the main list, then it gets more obscure.

But that will get me really excited about collecting OT figures and see me buying multiples.

3) Things with a cup. Well it's baseball season again and I'd love to get a free figure with a more comfortable cup, but the kind of cup I need is not what Hasbro has in mind. Too bad. Any Jedi in a batter's box pose would do for a Sportsmart Exclusive ;) I was hoping for Sora Bulq. That'd hit a homerun for me.

4) Vader and C-3PO carrying cases, and rehased Hoth and Endor Playsets.

Hmmm. The carry-cases were great as a kid, and for kids. I already have the playsets and worked them into dioramas I largely had to make myself.

I hope the figures included as pack-ins are just ones I already have, as I don't plan on getting these (nor do I need them).

5) 12" Chewie in Chains? Again?

It's 1997 - Furry Chewie proved hard to get out in production, and the wire "fur puppet" was largely criticized.

It's 1998 - Furry Chewie finally got more mass-produced, and Hasbro tries to dump him out there in the Jedi assortment by adding a chain to make him "ROTJ authentic." That went over about as you'd expect it to.

It's 1999 - Wood-bark Chewie came out, scrunched up in his packaging. We had his company in stores until nearly 2001!

Now will Hasbro add a chain to this figure to get rid of collected backstock?

Once it was rumored that a 12" Probot would be released in a 2-pack with Chewie that included added snow-detail. This would be a better idea, since Luke came with a Wampa, then later he joined Han in being issued with a 12" TaunTaun. Chewie would at least complete the Hoth Triumvate as pack-ins with cool, large extras.

But what would be in store for us this time - with a chain?

I've said it many times in the past, but (addressing deaf ears): make a hard-mold Chewie like the one of vintage days, and put the fur through a body-hugging stocking, so that the figure is both furry, and a hard-body, real 12" toy. Too expensive? People pay $50 for a Speederbike and a Barbie Doll in combat clothing. I'm sure a really good, exclusive Chewbacca could be priced correctly - or even if he were not exclusive. $65 for the Ultimate Optimus Prime Transformer. Why not the Ultimate Chewbacca?

6) Another Silver Figure?

OK, I'm not a fan of these. But they keep making them. Why not prove my point, Hasbro? Remember the Expanded Universe Darth Maul in the drag-queen outfit? Spray paint that one silver, Hasbro! (hehehe-oh the nightmares will begin!)

So could 2004 get better? Anything's possible. Just not yet proven to be likely.

Tycho, out.

Beast
03-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Well, we have prototype images of the TRU Jedi Council Scene II. It looks ok, sad to see we will continue to not get outer robes with the figures. But the Plo Koon and Eeth Koth look great. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absoluteNm/articlefiles/2456-jedicouncil_2.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
03-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, we have prototype images of the TRU Jedi Council Scene II. It looks ok, sad to see we will continue to not get outer robes with the figures. But the Plo Koon and Eeth Koth look great. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absoluteNm/articlefiles/2456-jedicouncil_2.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That looks pretty cool... but also it looks kinda fake as well. The Obi-Wan is definitely a rehash from the first Episode I figure. The Plo Koon is also a rehash from the saga version.

Obi-Wan isn't a member of the Jedi Council either. If we're gonna get Obi-Wan in a set like this, surely it'd be the center of the room with Qui-Gon and Anakin?

I think somebody has been customising... :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2004, 06:31 PM
It looks OK. Eeth Koth needs a new head, with its mouth closed. It may be real because of the package/prototypes, but it could easily be fake. Obi-Wan's old, Eeth Koth is kitbashed from the POTJ figure and the Mace from the conema scene, and Plo just looks to have new cloth bottoms and that's it.

I'll still get it, to flesh out my council, but I would've been better to get Obi-Wan with a good hard cloak.

Was there a picture of the Yoda, Qui-Gon and Ki-Adi set yet?

EDIT: By the way, the Obi-Wan isn't the Episode I version, it's the POTJ version (he came with the choco-shell cloak and green saber).

jjreason
03-11-2004, 07:28 PM
More rumours are all well and good, but we still don't know what's coming WITH the Sandcrawler (KEBco is now apparently taking orders for this things at 70 bucks a pop, so it must be a go), and we still don't have the rumoured Pablo Jill, Senator Yarua and Sly Moore confirmed - all of which would be welcome additions to my collection.

The Jedi Council scenes were great the first time around, I'll gladly buy these.

Which TIE Pilot is coming with the "New" TIE fighter? Which TIE fighter will it be? My guess is the standard pack-in TIE Pilot from POTJ, and a slightly refurbished (read: electronics re-added) POTF2 fighter.

The Slave I will be the Jango's EpII version repainted - we've been hearing about that, on and off, for awhile. Which Boba Fett will they include?

How many more TRU exclusive 4 packs are planned? The Naboo set is news to me, as was a link posted to a "Battle of Carkoon" 4 pack on ebay including the Skiff guards from that old cinema scene and a thawed Han. The Nikto looked a little different and the pack is to include another Barge Cannon like the one from the POTJ Deluxe Slave Leia figure.

The Silver Figure is going to be a Sandtrooper, we've seen the packaging test-shot pics already. HOW it will be distributed is the kicker. Cons only, most likely, making it approximatley as tough to get as Boba Fett was. Hopefully there'll be another option, like the fan club provided last time.

Kidhuman
03-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Swami over at GH predicted these (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2441&zoneid=2) . Not a bad line up. Another Cantina pack, rebel and imperial army builder troops and a 12" ARC along with more playskool toys.