PDA

View Full Version : StarWarsShop.Com

[DSS]Pedr0
02-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Thats the new "secret" etailer out there. Up on March 10th. OS has all your info. shop.starwars.com

Boba Fetish
02-26-2004, 05:32 AM
Maybe they will pick up Cantina bar Wave II.

Darth Alex
02-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Maybe they will pick up Cantina bar Wave II.That is a great idea. Over at RS, they have posted a interview with Paul Ens re: the store. He claims that exclusive figures will be sold individually, but that basic figures will be sold in case packs.
This isn't bad news...at this point I'd even buy a case of the Cantina Bar Wave II as I could split the case with a friend. I'd also buy a case like the 3rd CW wave so I could get the SA Clonetrooper, not to mention Rambo Kit and Battle Man Tin:D .
I really hope the online store isn't a bust...with all the hype and anticipation leading up to the OTSE DVD Box and the release of EP 3, this could be a cool way to get some really great stuff.
I just hope the supply is better than in the days of the Jawa Trader. Maybe the store could be run with the KEBCO philosophy-one of everything, for everyone who wants it...all the time, brother:classic: (apologies, Hogan).
I'd also like to see things like Ephant offered in some exclusive way; if the cases aren't being made anymore buy Hasbro, maybe a exclusive pressing of the figure could be done. We have the upcoming OTC collection, we have yet to see alot of the HOF collection(boy, I should have picked up the couple of figures I actually wanted to buy...again...when I saw them once weeks ago:bored: )...start some kind of new collection...I dunno, call it the Hard To Find wave. Looking at the response to the new poll; Holo R2, Sio Bibble; the list goes on and on with what you could put out.
And one more thing-radical concept here;) , but if basic figures are only sold by the case, do exclusive case assortments with just army builders. Come on! I could even dream up cases:

Wave 1: Imperial Troops-sandtroopers(all ranks), stromtroopers, scouttroopers (these last two could have 2 each a case, clean & BD)
Wave 2: Republic Army-a mix of every Basic release Clonetrooper(Blue,Red,Pilot,SA,Yellow,White[clean]) with none of the inarticulated CW deluxe packs, throw in a binocular with 2 figures a case, though...
Wave 3: Jabba's Thugs-weequays, gamorrean guards, niktos(yes, this is a rehash from the upcoming TRU 4 pack, but the 1st 2 figures would make sense)
Wave 4: Imperial Elite- DS troopers, All head sculpts of Imperial Officers, Tie pilots, AT-ST drivers(anyone with vehicle 'skills:rolleyes: ' or non-ranking, non-stormtrooper soliders), Royal Guards (Saga scuplt)
Wave 5: Naboo Defenders- Gungan soliders, NRGs, NRSs
Wave 6: Armies of the Trade Federation- Tan/Red BD(Saga Sculpt), DDs (BD sculpt both cleaned up & blast-apart, SBDs (from Deluxe Sage Yoda with better legs)

...well, you get the point. If Hasbro is all about making money and we as fans want to spend it making armies and dioramas and just freaking out visitors who see a massive table of Imperial MIGHT, this is a great way to do it.
The wave idea is just an example of a way to make this concept work and not overwhelm the pickpocketedbooks:sur: of buyers.

BTW-does anyone believe that Hasbro read these posts? I rememer ranting a long time ago about how I'd want to see Hoth Han done-with Luke's saber, removeable visor,etc...and I know others suggested such improvements also. Well, we got more than one could ask for. Does anyone think Hasbro would actually cave-in to it's "constituents" and make Army Builder support? Any thoughts?

[DSS]Pedr0
03-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Its Open!!! GO, GO, GO, GO!!!

Lazer Brain
03-10-2004, 10:40 AM
very cool store, i've aready order a star wars tee and OTC figures wave 7. the figure price is not bad it averages out to about $5.41 ea. i can't wait to get my revenge patch either.
later

Ji'dai
03-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I can't get in. The store's 'virtual doors' are shut and boarded. Did it crash already? I tried this morning and then again just now. Guess I'll check back later.

Sidiously Darth
03-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Well, I guess even they couldn't predict what it would take to keep it open. I've tried a couple of times but no luck. I guess the first 500 got in and then it went in the crapper soon after. :(

Jayspawn
03-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Its closed now, I hope it opens soon. I'm really wanting to see the selection.

LTBasker
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
It's dead, Jim.

That was kinda pointless, if they can't think to make a secure enough server when they know people will rush it why the heck even do that much hype? :rolleyes:

[DSS]Pedr0
03-10-2004, 01:46 PM
It's dead, Jim.

That was kinda pointless, if they can't think to make a secure enough server when they know people will rush it why the heck even do that much hype? :rolleyes:
I was able to hop on this morning and get my 2 Clone busts. Supposed to be back up relatively soon. :confused:

jad
03-10-2004, 01:47 PM
I managed to get an order in before it closed shop. They had figure wave # 4 which I had on preorder through entertainment earth. So since they had it in stock I figured i'd just cancel my order with EE and order it through them. Hopefully there won't be any problems. I did get a reciept though in my e-mail.

Sidiously Darth
03-10-2004, 01:57 PM
What was the point of opening this site if it wasn't going to be open around noon when I tried it? I'm not interested in anything exspensive and really just wanted to look around. Sorry, I don't have time to check it every 30 minutes to see if it's up. :rolleyes:

bobafrett
03-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I just went there, and nothing, couldn't even window shop. You'd think they would have everything under control before opening the doors. Just aggravates me, because I have to work in less than an hour. no access to the internet where I work.

jad
03-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Rscum got a reply from inquiring as to the problems. Check out there site to read what they have to say. Basically they said the noticed a possible problem and wanted to take care of it before it messed anything up seriously. So if thats true I guess there's not much to be mad over. It's irritatingt hat it's not available at the moment, but atleast they're trying to make the site problem free.

Lazer Brain
03-10-2004, 05:23 PM
it should be up soon...
they had standard catagories like art work/posters,books/stationary, clothing/accs., Collectables, Exclusives , home furnishings.
there was not much there in some slots , they were selling in bulk for the most part with ship dates to come.
I printed out my purchases from the site for ref.
later

Namrevlis
03-11-2004, 02:27 AM
I tell ya I put in my name and email address but never was informed they were opened. Who can I talk to? Can anybody out there help me, please? I found out by going to sirstevesguide and tried to get in but, no links, no products. What kind of a company opens a shop knowing the zealousnes of it's followers, open an online server with problems without testing it first? I wanted a revenge patch, but thanks to the ineptness of the powers that be, I was left out and not given a chance. I guess they are Sith. Thanks for nothing!!! :confused: :mad:

[DSS]Pedr0
03-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Go there now and read the explanation. EVERYONE will have to REORDER when they go LIVE AGAIN.

arctangent
03-11-2004, 11:25 AM
for those who can't be bothered to look it says:

"Message to Star Wars Fans and StarWarsShop.Com Customers

Shortly after our new StarWarsShop.com opened Wednesday morning March 10, we received emails from several customers indicating that some transactional information on individuals’ orders had been transmitted to others. We immediately shut down the shop, because security of information on orders sent by our fans is our top priority.

Our eCommerce partner, Analysts International, has assured us that no one’s personal credit card information was compromised.

We are very sorry–and surprised–that this problem occurred. We are working closely with Analysts International, which is responsible for handling the transactions on the site, to find out how this could have happened. We won’t reopen StarWarsShop.com until we are certain that this issue has been resolved.

As a result of the situation, we will not be processing any of the transactions placed Wednesday morning. You will need to place your order again when the shop reopens. All customers who placed an order before the site was taken down will be mailed a free set of Jedi movie patches and a $50 gift certificate to use for Star Wars merchandise on the site. We will give the entire Star Wars community sufficient notice before we relaunch the site.

Again, we apologize for the current situation and promise to keep you updated. We know that Star Wars fans want–and deserve–the very best, and we will continue to strive to ensure that our high standards are met."

oh dear! at least those who ordered will get some free goodies to make up for their incompetence.

jad
03-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I don't think it was incompetence. People are getting mad at the fact that this happened. But atleast they made the effort to right the situation and give everyone that ordered a 50 dollar gift certificate. I'd say thats pretty generous. I'm just happy they are taking steps to insure that the site will run properly and have good security. Not a bad thing at all in my eyes.+

Jayspawn
03-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Well because I totally missed out on the whole whing, what exactly DID the shop have?

Give me some specifics....

bobafett07728
03-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Well, they had a little of everything. This is what I can remember. Some posters. Some really expensive sculptures. Costumes, masks. Clone Wars Trading cards. OTC Collection stuff on preorder. Statues. Not a whole lot of stuff, but a sampling of everything. I'm sure they had planned on offering more as the site continued.

I orderd an auto'ed copy of Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn. I hadn't gotten a copy yet, and it was the same price as Barnes & Noble, but signed, so I figured "why not?" It also came with the free Revenge patch they advertised, and a set of Topps Clone Wars Promos. I was pretty pshyched. I guess now I'll have to re-order. . . but according to the site I'll be getting a $50 gift certificate. Can't complain at all.

jad
03-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Well I managed to order a wave 4 case of figures from the site. They were the exact same price as EE. Comes to about 6 bucks a figure. But I guess now i'll have to reorder it, but atleast i'll get it for 50 bucks off hehe.

Lazer Brain
03-11-2004, 01:19 PM
I ordered a 'classic' star wars tee, and a case of OTC preorder figures, I ordered them on sperate orders, so we will see what happens there.
there were plenty of catagories, a whole lot of master replica stuff too.
later

jad
03-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Well I recieved a phone call from the swshop team tonight. It was a customer service call just letting me know what happened, and assuring me that none of my credit card information was leaked. They also explained about getting the free patches and 50 dollar gift certificate. The guy also said that he couldn't say for sure but the gift certificate would probably be usuable for when the shop reopens, and that it may be an e-gift certificate distributed via e-mail.

So I really couldn't be more happy with how they have handled the situation. I know there are a lot of folks out there that are being quite negative about it, but the truth is giving everyone who got in an order a 50 dollar gift certificate is and extrememly generous offer. I can only see a normal online retailer giving out a 20 dollar gift certificate at the most.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-12-2004, 12:23 AM
I just hope they fix the problems and leave the rest of the site/procedures alone. Cuz I will use that $50 and now get 3 Green Busts and a CinemaCast Vader this time. :D

arctangent
03-12-2004, 05:49 AM
I don't think it was incompetence. People are getting mad at the fact that this happened. But atleast they made the effort to right the situation and give everyone that ordered a 50 dollar gift certificate. I'd say thats pretty generous. I'm just happy they are taking steps to insure that the site will run properly and have good security. Not a bad thing at all in my eyes.+

i wasn't getting mad because i wasn't going to buy anything from the shop, but the it guys doing the site should ensure that customers details are not forwarded to other customers. that's a fairly basic requirement of a secure server when ordering via the internet. they should have taken steps to ensure the site ran properly before going live with it.

they are being nice giving people a $50 voucher though.

JEDIpartner
03-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Hmmm... yeah... placed and order for a "Clone Wars" Micro-series poster. I guess I will have to do that again once the site is up and running. Too bad my order got cancelled. :(

Jayspawn
03-12-2004, 11:49 PM
How much was CinemaCast Vader ???

[DSS]Pedr0
03-13-2004, 12:06 AM
How much was CinemaCast Vader ???$150 or a little less. that area tho.

bobafrett
03-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Is this the same CinemaCast Vader descending the stair case like they offered many years ago? The same one that can be seen behind George Lucas during the interviews for the SE tapes?

Jayspawn
03-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Thats the same Vader. I've been looking into getting one of those.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Thats the same Vader. I've been looking into getting one of those.
They mentioned that they "found" 184 pieces in some warehouse. I bet these blow out quick at that price.

plo koon 200
03-14-2004, 01:10 AM
I don't even know how much one went on e-bay before hand.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-14-2004, 02:03 AM
I don't even know how much one went on e-bay before hand.If you were lucky, just over $100. Sometimes $200-$350.

Jayspawn
03-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I missed out on some old McQuarrie and Dorman lithographs back in the day. I hope they have some of those.

And I hope its not too long before they reopen the site. I'm statring to get anxious.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Received my $50 Gift Cert, 2 Jedi Patches and some Clone Wars cards in the mail today from them. Good Deal! :D

JEDIpartner
04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
I got mine on Tuesday as well. Not a bad deal for a cancelled $20 order! :D

Jayspawn
04-01-2004, 10:53 AM
I dont know what is taking sooo long but I hope they open again soon.

bobafett07728
04-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Pedr0']Received my $50 Gift Cert, 2 Jedi Patches and some Clone Wars cards in the mail today from them. Good Deal! :D

You got the Clone Wars cards, too!!! Sweet! I thought it was just the giftcard & patches. I can't wait to get mine in the mail! I already have my $50 "spent"!!!!!

Ji'dai
04-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Checked out the grand re-opening today, but didn't buy anything. I'm not a high-end merchandise collector and don't buy figures by the case.

The only thing that caught my eye was the Indiana Jones Kermit, but it was sold out.

No Skywalker Ranch t-shirts or other IJ items either. I thought they might have some exclusive or hard to find toys.

darthvyn
04-15-2004, 12:14 AM
well i got the royal shaft with all their server problem nonsense... not only did i not get to place an order the first time they were open, i had no idea they had re-opened, and now the adventure kermit is sold out! GAH!

jedihunter25
04-15-2004, 01:17 AM
So did the GREEN CLONE TROOPER BUST sell out on March 10? I can't get it to show up (my mom tried at 9 A.M. this morning too while I was at work).

dr_evazan22
04-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I had also commented about the Green Bust in the 'mini bust' thread. I can't believe that they had somehow sold all 2500 on the 10th. Here's hoping that some are not claimed, so that they'll go back up on the site. And that I get one :beard: They did have a few other things that I thought were cool, and would've bought, if I had a little more discretionary income right now.

It seems like the prices for the OTC fig's are fairly reasonable. Doesn't look like they're charging more then $7 / fig... haven't done the math though.

Lman316
04-15-2004, 03:28 PM
well i got the royal shaft with all their server problem nonsense... not only did i not get to place an order the first time they were open, i had no idea they had re-opened, and now the adventure kermit is sold out! GAH!

They're not really sold out. Basically, they told me it was a "vendor glitch" (or something of the like) and that's why they were marked as sold out. They're going to be shipping on Monday.

I've had nothing but problems with this site since it re-opened. I was one of those that placed an order on March 10th. I figured this would be a good time to get use of my gift certificate, but it didn't work out like that.
To have been able to buy anything yesterday (and I think today), you had to have the confirmation number from the email they sent. Well, since I figured the transaction was invalid, I deleted that email about two weeks ago. So, I thought had no number.
When I finally got one (it was on the invoice I printed out, even though the 10th number had been cut off, but I guess it :p) and got back on to the site, the Kermits were "sold out." But I didn't know that that really wasn't the case. I wish I had because I could have bought what I wanted then.
I emailed customer service asking if the Kermits would ever be back in stock (especially for those that should have been first in line... like myself. I did have those ordered on March 10th). That's when they explained the glitch. So, I tried again. Entered my number, expecting everything to work... Nope. "This number has already been processed." I guess you only get one chance with that, but because the Kermits had been marked "Out of Stock," I couldn't do anything earlier.
I guess I could order them now, but I wanted to get mine with a figure assortment (which was in stock last night, but the site wouldn't let me log in or make a new account... yet another problem I had to email them about), but it's out of stock today.

Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

End...

darthvyn
04-15-2004, 09:45 PM
i just ordered mine!!! YAAAAAAAYYY!!!

i wonder if i will still get the one i'm bidding on on ebay? :D

evenflow
04-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I just ordered one too, awesome. :)

darthvyn
04-17-2004, 11:08 AM
aaaaaaannnnndd, i got this email today

Dear g[À¾o4Æ¿

Thank you for your order from www.starwarsshop.com.

Unfortunately, we have experienced some difficulty obtaining authorization on your credit card. We suggest that you contact your credit card company to resolve the problem or update your payment information directly on our website at www.starwarsshop.com.

If you have any questions or need assistance updating your payment information please immediately contact our customer service at: customerservice@starwarsshop.com.

The Star Wars Shop Team
http://www.starwarsshop.com

You are receiving this email because you placed and order at StarWarsShop.com.

© 2004 Lucasfilm Ltd. | Privacy Policy | Security | Terms & Conditions.

i guess they tried to spell my name in aurabesh?

i called my bank, and they said there were no declines, no held transactions, and there's a pending transaction for starwarshop.com - i guess they didn't work all the bugs out of the apparently amateur code-writing that they got...

Kidhuman
04-17-2004, 11:35 AM
The site is crap IMO. I just looked at it for the first time and it is pure garbage. The prices are no better than e-tailers and in some cases worse.

JediTricks
04-18-2004, 09:02 PM
darthvyn, is it a Debit card they had trouble with? The old Fan Club's system had major problems with debit cards having auth problems which is why they stopped accepting them, this might be the same thing. If it's not, then that just stinks.

darthvyn
04-18-2004, 11:52 PM
it is, but when i called my bank's customer service # they had no problem with the transaction on their end - and i haven't gotten a response back from SWS for my email...

if they're having problems with debit auth, it's on their side, not my bank's. alls i wanted was my adventure kermit... :cry:

jedihunter25
04-19-2004, 12:30 AM
THIS IS THE WORST SITE EVER-
-First they screwed up and had to shut down only after a few hours when they opened on March 10.

-It took them over a month to re-open again.

-You cannot place phone orders (if you have to work when a limited edition item goes up for sale, you might as well go to Ebay.)

-This is the 3rd time, and probaly not the last, that they changed the date for items to open up for the public from March 10. First it was 48 hours, then Monday at 9 A.M. (which I took off of work to try to get a Green Clone Trooper Bust) and now it's Tuesday. I'm sorry, but if you have not claimed your order by now- then you don't deserve it.

darthvyn
04-19-2004, 01:03 AM
still working out the kinks in the order fulfilment script...

Dear Customer,

Your order is intact and will be fulfilled as planned.

Unfortunately, these emails were inadvertently generated. As you have reported, the information was not real data, which is why the characters displayed were very strange, and also why there would be a credit card declination.

We are extremely sorry for this error.

Thank you,

Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

SJ3
04-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Wow did I get a surprise this afternoon when the Fed Ex guy turned up at my house, He carried to my door three boxes, which I was amazed at, as I had only received a shipping notification for one of my orders, not only that but the boxes all contain Cinecast Vaders, now I did infact order 2 of these(the other was for a friend before anyone shout's scalper) I only received a shipping notification for one as they were on different order's, but the Third is a complete surprise, upon closer inspection of the enclosed paper work of all three box's I found that they have somehow managed to duplicate one of my orders, wonders never sease!!!!

So I am now shooting CS an email to see what they want to do about it

JediTricks
04-19-2004, 11:50 PM
it is, but when i called my bank's customer service # they had no problem with the transaction on their end - and i haven't gotten a response back from SWS for my email...

if they're having problems with debit auth, it's on their side, not my bank's. alls i wanted was my adventure kermit... :cry:
Yeah, that's what happened with the old Fan Club as well, their credit card factor had some sort of auth problems, sometimes ending up charging the card holder's account twice. IMO, that's the fault of going with an out-of-date CC factor.

bobafrett
04-20-2004, 01:01 AM
I haven't ordered anything yet, as I am moving this next weekend. I would like to hear from more people who have ordered, and their degree of satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the site. Also, I know where I am moving, just keep forgetting to get the address of my new bachelor pad.

darthvyn
04-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah, that's what happened with the old Fan Club as well, their credit card factor had some sort of auth problems, sometimes ending up charging the card holder's account twice. IMO, that's the fault of going with an out-of-date CC factor.

well, the email i got (at the top of the page here) shows that it's not a debit problem, just an internal server problem - there never was an auth error with my card, just an error with the email being sent out...

JEDIpartner
04-20-2004, 09:18 AM
I ordered the two "Clone Wars" posters and the Sansweet book for $29.00. Considering I only paid like $17 plus shipping for the order... not bad! :D

Darkness Shroud
04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
My order of figures came today, i only ordered them on Thursday last week. I really happy with their service. That's hella fast shipping from the USA to UK and the price is very good too! SJ3 is that the Vader that's behind George Lucas from the SE documentarys?? :) As far as i concerned Lucasfilm has done me a good turn i'm very impressed with the Starwarsshop.com E-tailer.:) :)

bobafrett
04-20-2004, 01:13 PM
I ordered the two "Clone Wars" posters and the Sansweet book for $29.00. Considering I only paid like $17 plus shipping for the order... not bad! :D

Speaking of Steve Sansweet and his book, I met him at a book signing at FAO Swartz in Chicago. He asked if some of the Stormtroopers would like to be around for affect. He had a private showing of his collection on slides. Then you got to buy his book, and have it signed. In the picture I was trying to sneak up behind him, and have my son take our picture, but it's hard to sneak up with a large white plastic suit on. Steve looked back at the moment my son took the picture.

Okay back to the topic of this thread.

jedihunter25
04-20-2004, 01:21 PM
I too ordered the two "Clone Wars" posters back on 4/14- but they still have not shipped them yet. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JEDIpartner
04-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah... I don't think mine have shipped either, but that's fine by me as I have nowhere to put them at the moment. My house is a disaster as my contractor has virually destroyed it in the process of creating living space in my attic. Who knew that adding a master bedroom, TV room, computer nook, walk-in closet and 1/2 bath in the attic would affect the other six rooms on the floor below it?!!!!

Very cool picture there BobaFrett!! You were sneaking up on him...! LOL That is classic. Your son got a great shot there, too! :D

dr_evazan22
04-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Darkness Shroud - Yes, that is the Vader from the video, behind Lucas. I have one from before and it is SWEEEETT!

Congrats on getting 3 SJ3. Let us know what they'd like you to do.

SJ3
04-21-2004, 01:31 PM
My order of figures came today, i only ordered them on Thursday last week. I really happy with their service. That's hella fast shipping from the USA to UK and the price is very good too! SJ3 is that the Vader that's behind George Lucas from the SE documentarys?? :) As far as i concerned Lucasfilm has done me a good turn i'm very impressed with the Starwarsshop.com E-tailer.:) :)

Yeah that is the very same Vader statue that sit's behind George in his interviews, I guess I now have a spare for the moment at least , they seem to of duplicated one of my order's, they shipped one on the 14th and then sent another on the 15th under the same order number, they don't seem to of charged me for it yet,I only have 2 appear on my online credit card statement .
If i'm asked to send it back i'll still get charged the Import tax on it,which is the downside to it, which i'm imagineing on three of these thing's is going to be quite substantial.

I've only just received, the shipping notification Email for my 2nd Cinemacast Vader, and it's been here 2 days already, so the question is will I now have another on it's way to me???????

I gotta admit the shipping was extremely fast, just a bit of a surprise to have three of the thing's turn up.

Dr Zoltar
04-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Since I’m fortunate enough to live 30 minutes from the WOTC/Hasbro west coast HQ, and know someone who works for them, I was able to sign up for a focus group for www.starwarsshop.com (http://www.starwarsshop.com/). I’ll be going in on 4/26/04 so if anyone wants me to bring anything specific up to them, just let me know. The focus group is only 45 minutes long, so please keep any comments you want me to give them short and to the point.

And I get a free Star Wars toy for doing this. I wonder if they have anymore Toy Fair Vaders...

Turbowars
04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Since I’m fortunate enough to live 30 minutes from the WOTC/Hasbro west coast HQ, and know someone who works for them, I was able to sign up for a focus group for www.starwarsshop.com (http://www.starwarsshop.com/). I’ll be going in on 4/26/04 so if anyone wants me to bring anything specific up to them, just let me know. The focus group is only 45 minutes long, so please keep any comments you want me to give them short and to the point.

And I get a free Star Wars toy for doing this. I wonder if they have anymore Toy Fair Vaders...Yeah ask them why the Green Clone wasn't limited to 1 per customer, so that more fans could have bought one?

Dr Zoltar
04-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah ask them why the Green Clone wasn't limited to 1 per customer, so that more fans could have bought one?
Is that the clone trooper bust? If I get the chance to ask about items offered through the site, I'll ask them. I'm not sure if this will be a userability study or more of a "What products would you like to see?" study.

Turbowars
04-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Is that the clone trooper bust? If I get the chance to ask about items offered through the site, I'll ask them. I'm not sure if this will be a userability study or more of a "What products would you like to see?" study.Yes, it was the Mini bust.

dr_evazan22
04-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Ask if the site will get the Cantina Sets that were cancelled by WM.

Darkness Shroud
04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Ask if the site will get the Cantina Sets that were cancelled by WM.
Those too!! And more Cinecast Vader's please!!:)

jedihunter25
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Here's a good question to ask them- Ask them if they will have a phone number soon so that people that actually work during the day can call in an order so they won't get screwed on exclusive limited edition items (like the Green Sergeant Clone Trooper Mini-Bust).

Kidhuman
04-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Ask them what the next line will be after OTC and VOTC please.

dr_evazan22
04-22-2004, 11:29 PM
I forget who it is, but one of our forumites had a problem with getting an authorization with a debit card. I've had the same problem in the past.

Ask if anything is being done to fix this, as debit / check cards are supposed to be the same as credit cards.

jedihunter25
04-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Yeah ask them why the Green Clone wasn't limited to 1 per customer, so that more fans could have bought one?

That's a good question too!!
There's some jerkoff dealers on Ebay that bought tons of them-

solid8ball already pre-sold 3
chewy1121 pre-sold 3 and has 1 up right now
and obi.wan.kenobi already pre-sold 4 of them
and I'm sure they have alot more

Now we know why they sold out 2,500 of them in just a couple of hours- because these and other jerkoff dealers ordered mass quantities at a time. Leaving us with none, unless we want to pay $150+ for one on Ebay from them. :mad:

JEDIpartner
04-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I received my posters and book yesterday. I'm well chuffed with my order. Now... off to the store to get my frames!!!! :D

Dr Zoltar
04-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Well I returned from my userability study last night. Turns out the study was for www.hasbro.com (http://www.hasbro.com/) not www.starwarsshop.com (http://www.starwarsshop.com/). It seems that starwarsshop is run by Lucas films and not affiliated with Hasbro. All I did was answer some questions on how I liked the look of the site and then do some search tasks to see how easy it was to find product. Took just under and hour.