PDA

View Full Version : Are These Fake???

silentsteel70
02-26-2004, 12:56 PM
LOT OF 50 STAR WARS FIGURES MISSMATCHED CARD Item number: 3177289204

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3177289204&category=2475

I am wondering if these are fake mock up cards?..if not they must be worth something!! they end in 4 hours time..let me know what you think :)

bobafrett
02-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Just looking at the paint job on the ones I see, they look fake. I mean they may be real Hasbro figures, but someone might have added a little paint to them, then attached them to a card. With the printing technology today, I don't think Hasbros cards would be that hard to duplicate. If you look at the Stormtrooper, and the Leia, they both look like they have a thin red stripe painted around the waist. The Ben Kenobi looks very poorly painted, and while I know people aren't happy with the paint job on the figures all the time, I have never seen an Obi Wan look so badly painted.

On the other hand, I have seen Hasbro do mock ups with figures attached to the wrong card. The paint job on those usually isn't the best.

Just be careful. Anyone else know? Let's help this guy out so he doesn't get duped.

silentsteel70
02-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Just looking at the paint job on the ones I see, they look fake. I mean they may be real Hasbro figures, but someone might have added a little paint to them, then attached them to a card. With the printing technology today, I don't think Hasbros cards would be that hard to duplicate. If you look at the Stormtrooper, and the Leia, they both look like they have a thin red stripe painted around the waist. The Ben Kenobi looks very poorly painted, and while I know people aren't happy with the paint ...job on the figures all the time, I have never seen an Obi Wan look so badly painted.

On the other hand, I have seen Hasbro do mock ups with figures attached to the wrong card. The paint j...ob on those usually isn't the best.

Just be careful. Anyone else know? Let's help this guy out so he doesn't get duped.
I wasn't thinking of buying them for myself...I can't afford it...I have spent way over $400 on star wars figures these last couple of weeks already...eek!!
Just thougt I would find out if they were genuine or not...I didn't think so and I wondered what other ppl thought...and if they were genuine..well it would be a heads up for some of you other guys with some spare cash lying around!! LOL
thanks for your reply Bobbafrett lol

bobafrett
02-26-2004, 04:21 PM
I sent the seller a brief e-mail. Here is what I wrote:

If I were to bet on these, what gaurantee do I have that these are not fake? Do you have some sort of record from Hasbro that say's they weren't switched out by someone?

Thanks!

Here is what the seller told me:

NO, I donīt have , there is a high risk yes.
tks
jorge

So, I wouldn't even make a bid on this one.

Kidhuman
02-26-2004, 04:23 PM
I'd say they are fake. They look fake to me with the red paint on everything. I wouldnt buy em with Bobafretts money. :D

Reefer Shark
02-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Fake. I saw some similar bootlegs in a little shop in my area. They were all on a dash rendar card, and all the figures were absolutely horrible looking (just like these).

It's pretty typycal for bootlegers to use the same card on all their figures, I've seen this many times before. Also the sloppy, wrong colored paint jobs are a big red flag.

Turbowars
02-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I see you post on other sites Steel70.:D

silentsteel70
02-26-2004, 08:33 PM
I see you post on other sites Steel70.:D
Well of course, have too spread myself around and share the wealth.lol Got to keep up with what the other siths are up to. Trust no one:crazed:

Lazer Brain
02-28-2004, 11:33 AM
well , looking at the sellers feedback makes him look like a good seller. but the pieces are just too off to be right. the reply from the seller is all you should need . at least he says hes not sure , that covers him. I would pass if i saw these.
later

bobafrett
02-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Regardless if he has a lot of good reviews, I'd still say they are fake. I gave a good review to a guy who sold me what I found out later to be bootleg Kubrick. Others may have bought stuff from this same seller thinking it was real, only to find it was a fake.

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 01:51 AM
Regardless if he has a lot of good reviews, I'd still say they are fake. I gave a good review to a guy who sold me what I found out later to be bootleg Kubrick. Others may have bought stuff from this same seller thinking it was real, only to find it was a fake.LOL, are you saying they are fake bootlegs? Is that possible? :)