PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Ho-Tep on DVD!!

Beast
02-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Yep, it's true. It's finally coming to DVD in May from MGM. About time, especially since so many people have been wanting to see it and it didn't get a very good theatrical release due to a few problems. But now we can all atleast enjoy it in the comfort of our homes. Here's the cover art and specs from The Digital Bits. :)

Yeah, that's also the cover art for MGM's Bubba Ho-Tep: Special Edition, which is also coming May 25th (SRP $27.98). Word is the disc is going to include anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, three audio commentary tracks including one with director Don Coscarelli, one with cast members Bruce Campbell and Ossie Smith, and another with Campbell in character as Elvis, deleted scenes, several behind-the-scenes featurettes and interviews, and... you know... more.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
02-26-2004, 04:50 PM
That is excellent!
I had heard rumours that it was coming in May and as usual you come through with the scoop. :D

Living north of the 49th has made it difficult to see the movie as it was only released in Toronto initially, but it is getting a wider release to other theatres such as the one here in Ottawa in April.

I am so stoked to see this flick.

Thanks again JJB!

Cheers

Dr Zoltar
02-26-2004, 05:19 PM
The money generated from the sales of the DVD hopefully will go to make the 5th (and final) Phantasm movie. So everyone, BUY TWO COPIES!

2-1B
02-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Is it any good ? I keep seeing it at Best Buy but the price is kind of high and I can't bring myself to picking it up without maybe renting it first . . . or maybe a really good review from a fellow forumite. ;)

El Chuxter
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
JarJarBinks, billfremore, Dr Zoltar, Caesar. . . . Man, those are some fellas I'd love to see post here again. :(

Reason I'm reviving this thread: I got this for Christmas on DVD. I'd never seen it, but Mrs Chuxter somehow came across it and thought, "Hmm. A movie starring Bruce Campbell as an aging Elvis in a nursing home, fighting a redneck Egyptian mummy? El will love this!!"

This has got to be the weirdest premise for a movie I've ever heard of, and the film is really freaking cool. (I don't say "but" because I know weird is often cool.) If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

"Don't &$%* with the King!"

UKWildcat
12-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Bubba Ho-Tep is one of my favorite movies. It's well acted, directed and has an extremely cool premise.

I can't say enough about Bruce Campbell. The man is simply awesome. Ossie Davis does a phenominal job as well, may he RIP.

Don Coscarelli (Phantasm) is an outstanding director. I give him even more credit since he wrote, produced and directed this film, ala Phantasm. It's a shame he doesn't put out more movies. The movie is also accompanied with an excellent soundtrack as well, props to Brian Tyler.

Like Chux, this movie comes Highly Recommended by me as well.

"Kemosabe went down with both guns blazin'."

scruffziller
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Yes this movie was great. I really like the premise as to how Elvis was still alive. Hey it could've happened.........:Ponder: