PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Modern/Vintage Wave II Images!! (merged)

Beast
02-28-2004, 10:30 AM
If you haven't seen the link to pictures in the other thread, I decided to make a new one so we could discuss them here. Plus with some attachments, incase Jawa gets the 'Remove' order. Wow, I have to say they all look great. Especially Vader and C-3PO. The Vader has some really incredible looking detail on his suit. And it's nice to finally see a fully poseable C-3PO. His tummy looks a bit weird, but hopefully that's due to removable limbs and such.And they really captured the 'Protocal Droid' stance that he was always in. The Lando doesn't look much different then the POTJ one, other then the increased articulation. Hopefully the final version has a similar cape to the POTJ one. Damn, even the Yoda looks sweet. And he comes with a snake, like the vintage one. Wooot! :)

http://thejawa.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=123

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-28-2004, 11:47 AM
these look great!! Good call on the pics, Mr. binksy!!! I can't wait to get these; that Vader and that Yoda look FANTASTIC! Cheers! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Wow, these do look pretty nice. Nice to see a new vac-metal C-3PO again (the Escape Pod one is okay, just not too realistic). His gut area looks out of proportion, though, but that's okay. Dear God, that Vader is awesome!!! He can be for all kinds of scenes, like kneeling for Palpatine. I like the chain a lot! Yooda is okay. I think I like the regular OTC version better. But this one might have legs, so we'll see. That snake is cool though, more realistic than the old one. Lando . . . I don't know. His face looks dumb, they should've just used the head from the new Skiff and General Landos, but I don't know if this is because they're all-new or something. His cape looks goofy, hopefully it can be removed for the escape from Cloud City.

All in all, this vintage line is cool. :cool:

Turbowars
02-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Here they are

Turbowars
02-28-2004, 12:45 PM
here's the rest

Beast
02-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Already being discussed, Turbette. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23257

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Why do you continue to call me everything but Turbowars?

Beast
02-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Why do you continue to call me everything but Turbowars?
It's a sign of our close friendship? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-28-2004, 12:59 PM
LOL good one.:dead:

LTBasker
02-28-2004, 02:04 PM
I've definitely have got to get them now, they're just great. I wouldn't mind even buying triples of Han, Vader, 3PO, and Yoda. Hope we see the ROTJ ones soon! I'll have to preorder these, no chance I'm gonna depend on "one shipment" chances to get them all from the stores.

Kidhuman
02-28-2004, 03:28 PM
These all look great. I hope I can find them with ease, I might have to preorder as well.

Reefer Shark
02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
That Vader is awesome! 2 or 3 of him for sure... I'm not usually a fan of cloth capes, but it looks like they did a realy good job with it here.

The C3-P0 looks great, but I don't see much added articulation, maybe it's just hidden really well?

Yoda's face looks a little funny, but that could just be the paint job... Again with the cloth on him, looks very nice. 2 of him...

I'm not as impressed with the Lando. The cape kinda ruins it for me, mabye this will change with the final product. I'll still get one though since I don't have the POTJ version, and I'll have all the rest of this line anyways.

I think I'll have to pre-order as well, I don't want to miss out on any of these.

plo koon 200
02-28-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna pre-order. I was thinking of possibly ordering a case of one of the waves and trading the left-overs for the other two waves with other people. Just a thought at the moment but anyone who is interested please PM me.

I love the Vader. Vader is my favorite character and I love to get a new figure of him. I'm exicted. I think for CIII we will get an even better ultimate Vader. For those who read the Hyperspace Sansweet chat he mentioned something around the lines of how the excluisve figure was going to represent Episode III and the Saga as a whole and with the Back and Black stuff going on, only one thing comes to my mind, the ultimate Vader.

Turbowars
02-28-2004, 08:57 PM
If you guys are going to per-order, you better do it now. Sometimes on-line retailers keep the per-orders up too long and over sell. EE tends to do that or Hasbro doesn't send their whole order and the late pre-orders don't get filled.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Vader is the best of the lot. C-3PO is also very nice. I think the thing about his belly is that his pelvis is too long, but still, I like him. If his elbows and knees bend, I'll like him even more. Yoda is a very nice sculpt, though I hope he's not so green in the finished version, and is the same pale green color as in the movies. Lando demonstrates exactly what it is about cloth clothing at this scale that I hate.

Kidhuman
02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
I think the soft goods caps are awesome. I think Lando looks great in it. It gives it more a "flexability" than the hard capes or coats. I didn't care for it much on the Tusken Ambush. I love the POTJ Lando w/ soft goods

CrossWizard
02-28-2004, 09:55 PM
I'll admit though, the cape from the POTJ Lando has better detailing, I hope this is just s prototype.

Beast
02-28-2004, 10:04 PM
I think that's exactly what it is. I hope they don't think they're going to charge 10.00 for the Lando with that substandard cape. Especially since the POTJ cape was far far superior for only 5.00. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B_C
03-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Well...Darth should have been a Return of the jedi figure. Looks like the best sculpt yet.....but without a removable helmet. It means Im going to get done over again when I buy this one and assblow releases an ultimate version next year. Lando looks to be a poor sculpt. Im looking forward to the sa stormtrooper. If its as good as the clone trooper I will spank my gran.:D

angellus
03-01-2004, 03:52 PM
I've actually seen the prototypes firsthand because my brother works for Lee's. They're all beautiful except the Lando. The detail is poor and the cape looks even worse in person than it does in the photographs. I'm hoping it looks better on the production version. The C-3PO I saw had removable limbs, but that could also be because it was a prototype.

angellus
03-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Also the Yoda suffers because the snake I saw was made of solid plastic and was not pliable, so you can't bend it to fit around Yoda's neck like the vintage version. Again, could be just the prototype.

Reefer Shark
03-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey angellus,
Just curious, did you see if Yoda has individually sculpted legs under his robes?

jjreason
03-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Yes, Angellus, let us know everything you can! Cool job for a brother to have.

Im very happy (like everyone else) with the figures, but (again, like everyone else) would be happier if Lando's cape gets changed to be like the POTJ one.

Vader looks to be spot on. Can't wait to see what the ROJ Han looks like.

Beast
03-01-2004, 07:25 PM
ROTJ Han has been dropped, and replaced by a SA StormTrooper, JJ. Hopefully one day we'll still get that bloody decent ROTJ Endor Han. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
03-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Anyone else notice how Hasbro seems to have gotten a lot of us really psyched about buying yet more resculpts? :confused: I have to admit that they are darned good resculpts, though. I consider myself duly psyched! :crazed:

Beast
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, people have said over and over again. "I'll never buy another (Insert Name Here) unless they make them with a load of articulation." Hasbro's been listening in, when they planned this. Hopefully C-3PO really does have removable limbs. Bending knees, articulated elbows, and removable limbs would equal the Ultimate C-3PO. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

angellus
03-01-2004, 10:33 PM
As far as I recall, the Yoda did have individually sculpted legs. It was very reminiscent of the vintage version. And the C-3PO had removable arms and legs, but then again the Lando I saw had his arms removed because it was just a prototype, so I'm not sure if this was the case for 3PO, too. The Vader was by far the best figure in the lot. And hands down the best Vader figure they've ever done. The articulation and the sculpt are both terrific. If you're only going to buy one in the lot, this is the one to buy! I can try to answer any other questions people might have but I was only able to look at the prototypes for a few seconds because they were for "employees' eyes only." I used to write for Lee's on a regular basis but haven't done so in awhile, so I'm no longer considered an employee and my brother had to sneak me a peek. But they're all very cool...with the exception of Lando. Hopefully the production version will be much improved.

rbaumhauer
03-01-2004, 10:46 PM
I would be surprised if we see articulated elbows on 3PO - the structure of them, with the "connecting rods" across the inside of the joint, would make it very difficult to do. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they pull it off somehow, of course, but articulated knees and removeable limbs may be the best we can expect.

Beast
03-01-2004, 10:53 PM
They could just have the connecting rod sculpted on the upper arm, but not having it connect at the lower arm. That way you'd have a moveable elbow, without having to sacrifice the connecting rods. We'll see though. Hasbro did say they were going to have a feature about each figure start to go up. So we'll know sooner or later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
03-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Maybe 3PO's arms and legs will be held on with Magnets like Anakin with the detachable arm, or the Tusken with the removable head for that clean sliced look!

Devo
03-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Hopes for the SA stormtrooper:

available in massive quantities

able to hold and aim gun with two hands

more bulky torso armour

evenflow
03-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Its all about Yoda for me.

bobafrett
03-02-2004, 04:51 PM
I just looked at the thumbnails on page 1, and I do like most of the newer figures, except there is something about the Lando that just doesn't look right. I think it might be the cape, put I liked the older version with the soft goods cape. On that figure the cape draped very nicely over his shoulders. I have that one on top of my entertainment center with Leia and Chewbacca w/3PO escaping the cloud city. With this new Lando, if what we see is what we get, then he will stay in his plastic prison. Are these the figures that are going for $10, or is that a different line I'm thinking of?

jjreason
03-02-2004, 05:13 PM
These are the 10 dollar ones. When did the news drop that ROJ Han had been replaced by a Stormtrooper? I think I'm disappointed; Im overjoyed with my Commtech Stormies and desparately wanted a great Endor Han. :(

Beast
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
These are the 10 dollar ones. When did the news drop that ROJ Han had been replaced by a Stormtrooper? I think I'm disappointed; Im overjoyed with my Commtech Stormies and desparately wanted a great Endor Han. :(
It was on Hasbro's Star Wars site, the Q&A with them from Toy Fair. :)

Question: Who are the 12 characters in the Vintage figures waves? And when will they be available?

Answer: www.starwars.hasbro.com will be doing a weekly spotlight on each of these figures starting in the Spring. However, the 12 figures will be:

Wave 1: Luke, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Princess Leia - Planned to be available in July
Wave 2: Darth Vader, C-3P0, Yoda, Lando Calrissian - Planned to be available in August
Wave 3: Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, R2-D2, Boba Fett - Planned to be available in September
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
03-02-2004, 06:01 PM
God, I'm losing it. I remember reading over that exact same interview and never even noticed the change. I don't know how much of a change we should expect from the Commtech Stormie, they didn't change Lando a whole bunch from the POTJ one.

Kidhuman
03-02-2004, 06:35 PM
They most likely wont change the Stormie, just repackage him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2004, 06:39 PM
While the Commtech stormtrooper had a lot of articulation, these vintage-style figures look to have more. The last stormtrooper had ball joint head and shoulders, and regular elbows, waist, legs, and knees. Most of these could be ball-jointed, plus wrists and feet. They need a holster for his blaster, too. Looking at the SA clone trooper (which I STILL don't have), they could easily improve on the Commtech stormtrooper. :)

They probably won't repackage the old one on a vintage card, it's already on the OTC card. Hasbro's kind of cheap, but not that cheap.

jjreason
03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
I think to improve upon the Commtech Stormie, they need to beef the figure up a little. JabbaJohnL has described the other joints that need to be included, and with him I'd agree. There is some room to improve. For $10 though, I'm thinking the accessories had best be pretty darned good. Either that, or the helmets come off on some and you don't know who you've got until you open the figure (imagine the fury that they'd incur if THAT ever happened! :crazed: ).

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Either that, or the helmets come off on some and you don't know who you've got until you open the figure (imagine the fury that they'd incur if THAT ever happened! :crazed: ).

You mean like it could be Han, Luke or clone of Jango? That would be great, except the scalpers would have a field day with these figures if they did that, not that they already would.

plo koon 200
03-03-2004, 07:16 PM
What did I tell about giving Hasbro ideas?

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
What did I tell about giving Hasbro ideas?

If we think it, they wont do it.

jjreason
03-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. You buys the figure and takes your chances - Luke, Han or Clone. My personal choice for the Clone head wouldn't just be Jango, but rather a black balaclava with eyes showing a la Firefly from GI Joe. Imagine how wicked a squad of those would look on display.

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. You buys the figure and takes your chances - Luke, Han or Clone. My personal choice for the Clone head wouldn't just be Jango, but rather a black balaclava with eyes showing a la Firefly from GI Joe. Imagine how wicked a squad of those would look on display.

I went with Jango cause he was the easiest. It would be awesome if they had some freak under there.

jjreason
03-03-2004, 11:57 PM
I think they'd almost look like the Metal Gear Solid genetic soldiers at the beginning of the game, with the white outfits and black balaclavas. That was what I had in mind. Almost makes me want to learn to do customs.

bobafrett
03-04-2004, 12:00 AM
I went with Jango cause he was the easiest. It would be awesome if they had some freak under there.

Why would it be so awesome to have my face under a clone trooper helmet? :D

plo koon 200
03-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Because it gives customizers something to work with. You know, give a make over.

J/K

jjreason
03-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Imagine how well it would sell if they put Yarna's face under there! :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Imagine how well it would sell if they put Yarna's face under there! :crazed:

Arent you a little fat for a stormtrooper?

Lobito
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Except Luke (looks like the Karate Kid) and Ben (who seems he stole something from Grizzly Adams) they all look great. Specially Yoda.

TheDarthVader
03-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Those figures look great (except Lando)! I like TheDarthVader the best. This is the best Vader ever (maybe except for the freeze frame removeable helmet Vader)!!! I will have to get at least two vaders. I hope 3PO has the articulated knees. :Ponder: I would hope he would.