PDA

View Full Version : Opeth - Lamentations

evenflow
02-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Well I just picked this up and at a bargain. It was on sale at Tower Records for 10.99. It really is an awesome DVD. Mellow set, heavy set, documentary, all reall good. So if you are a fan pick this up. If you want to get into the band or are curious I really think you shoud pick it up.

Dont forget about Anathema's new CD A Natural Disaster whcih also came out this week, that album is just pure genius.

arctangent
03-01-2004, 08:49 AM
i love opeth - their sound is different to anyone else's - but i have not got around to getting this yet. it may be a subconcious thing - i was offered a ticket to the concert they recorded for that dvd but i could not go :dis:!

a natural disaster has been out in the uk since last november. it is very good, evenflow. current faves are 'pulled under at 2000 metres a second' and 'violence' but you hear something new every time you listen.

evenflow
03-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah I couldn't wait for A natural Disaster so I ordered it from Amazon.uk. when it first came out. It is being released for the first time here in the U.S. now. It really is an awesome album. I really love the title track. There is just soemthing about it, it so depressing yet so very powerful. Her voice is amazing.

arctangent
03-02-2004, 08:25 AM
if you like anathema, evenflow, you should check out my dying bride if you don't already know them. they are in a similar vein. i don't have it yet but their new album 'songs of darkness, words of light' is getting very good reviews.

evenflow
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Very cool, I will check them out. Thanks!