PDA

View Full Version : Worst Horror movies

2-1B
02-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I love horror movies, especially good ones. :D
We all know there are tons and tons of bad horror movies out there so this thread will live into eternity, I assume. :crazed:

First up - Ticks. Terrible movie about a group of people terrorized by giant ticks. Special recognition goes to Clint Howard who before dying screams "I'm infested ! ! ! ! "

Keeping in line with the insect problem, I'll also mention Skeeter which is another bad one. I assume Lou Diamond Phillips' Bats is a nice addition to this list but I never saw it. :confused:

What are your "favorite" bad horror movies?

These can be movies you really hate or movies you love even though you know they are "bad."

:)

James Boba Fettfield
02-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Strawberry Estates. I've never seen the movie, but many from the fango message boards have made it clear the film is terrible. I'll have to see it eventually, just to be a part of that crowd throwing the warnings to others that they must avoid it.

Does Jaws 3 and 4 count as horror? :confused: If so, put those on the list. We're talking pure **** with those movies.

Anyone remember Dee Snider? Anyone remember Strangeland, Snider's film? It's best never to remember either one of those things. It has Robert Englund in it....that's about the only good thing I can mention.

I could probably list a few of Wes Craven's films here, too. Shocker...wow! Megadeth did a cover of No More Mr. Nice Guy, that's about all I liked from this film.

When Leprechaun went into space, and then visited the hood, not once, but twice! Again, crap!

Note, all of the films I have mentioned are bad films that I do not like.

Now for a bad film that I do like: John Carpenter's Body Bags. It's an anthology film, and I love anthologies. It may be looked down upon, but come on! Mark Hamill gets an evil eye in it! The film also has appearances by Sam Raimi, John Carpenter, Tom Arnold, Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, and Buck Flower! Buck Flower, people! I don't know why, but I have a lot of love for Buck.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-28-2004, 09:07 PM
The 90s remakes of "The Haunting" and "The House on Haunted Hill" were both intolerable. "John Carpenter's Vampires" was a completely inexcusable piece of garbage. "Species" started out promising, but once the little girl turned into a bra-shoppingsuper model, it went down hill. "Dreamcatcher" was unbelievably bad. If they had cut out Morgan Freeman's character, Donnie Wahlberg's character and all the psychic connection bewteen the friends stuff, it might have had a chance, but they didn't. Also the guy who gets possessed by an alien gives such a painfully bad performance, I can't believe Lawwrence Kasdan didn't notice.

These are the more recent crappy horror movies I've seen. I didn't enjoy them in the least.

I also watched the special edition of "The Howling" that came out on DVD last fall. This was one of my favorite movies of the 80s, and seeing it again, I was not just saddened to see how badly it didn't hold up to what I remembered, but almost embarrassed that I liked it in the first place. It didn't help that for some bizarre reason someone decided to "improve" the lighting throughout the dvd print. What was origianlly a very darkly lit film full of blue light and shadows, is now so overlit, that there is no ominous atmosphere, and Rob Bottin's FX which were designed for dark lighting look like a bunch of rubber puppets.

I happen to be very fond of bad sci-fi and horror movies from pre-1975 all the way back as far as you want to go, but there are a couple that aren't even in the so awful they're fun category that "Robot Monster" is in.

The first is "Eegah!" starring Richard "Jaws" Kiel as a caveman in the modern world in the most tedious, boring, poorly acted home movie trying to pass as a feature film, that I've ever seen.

The second is "The Incredible Melting Man" which I finally got to see last summer,and should have skipped altogether. The star of the film is an abysmally bad actor, and the rest of the cast is about equal. The best performance comes from the obligatory girl who's top comes off, and not for that reason. The only things of note in this movie are Rick Baker's make-up fx, which look better in the still photos (so save yourself some pain and look at those) and the curious fact that future "Silence of the Lambs" director, Jonathan Demme acts in this.

There are many more to add, but I would actually like to forget I saw any of these. If you want to watch a movie that sounds incredibly stupid, but is in fact really well made, then find yourself a copy of "I Married A Monster From Outer Space."

derek
02-28-2004, 09:22 PM
i'll probably get whacked to death with nerf baseball bats for saying this, but the original "friday the 13th" was horrible. untill very recently, i'd never seen it. i wish i never had. it was terrible. i'm supposed to believe that old lady killed them all? lol

B'Omarr Monkey
02-28-2004, 09:55 PM
I agree. All the Friday the 13th movies were really awful, yet somehow I saw at least the first 6 when they came out in theaters. I have a bit of a soft spot for Part IV, I Think, the one where Corey Feldman kills HJason witha microwave oven. I seem to remember that one actually attempted to develop characters and story.

They're bad, but not as bad as the slick, empty, big budget remakes of "The Haunting" and "The House on Haunted Hill" that I mentioned.

If we're talking awful movies I enjoy, then I must guiltily admit that if I'm channel surfing and come across "Maximum Overdrive" I will watch it every time. Why? I couldn't tell you. I was also "lucky" enough to have seen it at a press screening where they actually show the kid being run over by the steamroller. It was so over the top and unexpected that I couldn't help laughing in admiration. It's too bad it was cut and that this movie will never merit a directors cut release.

2-1B
02-29-2004, 01:12 AM
Huh ? Microwave oven ? Doesn't Corey Feldman as Tommy Jarvis kill Jason with a machete through the head ? OR are you just joking ? :D

Excellent posts, everyone. :)

derek, I disagree with you over F13 but I used to dislike it. When I was a kid I was weened on Jason movies so when I went back to see the first one I thought it was boring and dull since the killer is never shown until the end. I was used to Jason w/ hockey mask running around on camera the whole time. Anyway, if you think Pamela Voorhees murder spree is unbelievable, well I see your point but compared to the later entries in the series I think it's quite believable. :crazed:

JBF, I love Dee Snider and I certainly love Twisted Sister but I thought Strangeland was a big letdown. I did like the homage to The Exorcist (Capt. Howdy) but overall the move was bad. I saw it once on video a few years ago and I have no desire to see it again.

B'Omarr, I'm with you on Maximum Overdrive. Bad movie but I love it. That lead truck with the green demon face on it scared the hell out of me as a kid. :lol
I need to rent that one again because it's been years since I've seen it. I do have the soundtrack because of my love for AC/DC.

mabudonicus
02-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Peter Jacksons "Bad Taste" is kinda crummy AND kinda over-the-top gross and also really funny, anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out.
There is a movie called "orgy of the vampires", some terrible Italian flick, that was really awful and funny...
Maximum overdrive- remember the commercials?? "Hi, I'm steven king, and I'm gonna scare the HELL outta YOU!!!" I LMAO every time I think about it. Great film, too.

"Brainsucker-the ultimate frontal lobotomy" was a pretty good AWFUL film, some guy with a trak-ball scoop with a corkscrew attached to it goes around-wait for it- sucking out peoples' brains (looks like bacon strips in the film) shot on video, looks like one camera one mic... it should be pretty hard to find, but for true schlock afficianados worth the effort (the movie "SPINE" is similar, real funny stuff, premise is there's a killer hiding out in the "spooky old abandoned" section of a HOSPITAL.. so dumb it hurts, but the film never lets on)

Anyone heard of any of those???

Darth Jax
02-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Special recognition goes to Clint Howard who before dying screams "I'm infested ! ! ! ! "

you could have a whole thread just on the bad movies clint howard has been in. was a nice gesture when mtv gave him a lifetime achievement award at their awards show. topping that was they retired the award after clint. other notable honorees: chewie and jason.

larry drake is nearly as bad as clint. not a big fan of the darkman series but dr. giggles is awful.

Hellboy
02-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Wow where do I start when there are so many bad movies to pick from. No other genre abuses the sequel like Horror does so I'll try to make most of my picks original films.

Raising Cain:1992- This movie may be more of a psychological thriller than horror but it's still terrible. John Lithgow is a fine actor but his preformance of a character with multiuple personalities was way over the top.

Astro Zombies:1969- Not sure how many people have actually seen this movie but I'm a huge zombie horror fan and found this movie to be really bad. Spies, secret agents, and zombies don't mix well.

Sleepwalkers:1992- Another werewolf movie would have been fine by me but a film where the creatures must have a continuous supply of teenage female virgins to survive is plain ridiculous.

Dr. Giggles:1992- Well the title says it all on this one. A movie that was so terrible I'm embarresed to say I even watched it.

If you noticed 3 of my picks were releasd in 1992. Its probably because I was working at a video store at the time and watched pretty much everything that came out, good and bad. For a horror fan it was a bad year and I remember it well. :bored:

I'll include a film that most would consider bad but I enjoyed, 1980's Fade to Black. A story of a film obsessed deliveryman who loses touch with reality and embarks on a murder spree utilizing scenes from his favorite movies. Dennis Christopher delivers a superb prefomance as the outcast Eric Benford and the makeup was outstanding.

2-1B
03-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Hellboy, I agree that Sleepwalkers is a bad movie but I still love it. I was 13/14 when I saw that flick in the theater and I had a HUGE crush on Madchen Amick. :kiss:
And look at the rest of that cast ! Alice Krige, Mark Hamill, Joe Dante, John Landis, Ron Perlman, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Tobe Hooper . . .

See, this is the kind of debate I like to see. :D

James Boba Fettfield
03-01-2004, 02:27 AM
I think a quick search of most things John Russo has had his hands on can qualify as ****. Let's take a quick gander, shall we.

Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition. John Russo's brilliant idea: "Hey, maybe we can go back and like, add some scenes or something. These won't be deleted scenes, but new scenes that I will direct! They will fit seamlessly into the original movie, no one will know the difference. Hey, I'm also going to add a new score to the film, that'll be cool."

Sorry John, it didn't work. You know how people complain about what George Lucas did to the OT? That's what John Russo did to Night of the Living Dead. Well, that's the view held by us dead fanatics. Oh John, we could devote a thread to your stupidity. For further proof of Mr. Russo and his declining popularity, check out Children of the Living Dead. It's not worth it, not even to see Tom Savini act in it. It's so bad even the director has spoken out about how bad the film turned out thanks to John Russo!

My rant has concluded.

jeddah
03-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Truly Bad films (that made me angry when I saw them they were so bad)
- 13th Child - The legend of the Jersey Devil...really? It is appalling. The acting is so bad it is not even funny to watch. The leaps in the plots ridiculous and the monster was made with a lower budget than the cheapest of Doctor Who monsters. Why did I rent this?
- I still know what you did last Summer - hellishly boring.
- Freddy Vs Jason. Freddy becomes lampooned even more (if possible) and has completely lost any kind of diginity he managed to temporarily regain in Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Cult-ily Bad films (that I like)
-the one in that Anthology where the hands become free and jump off the hospital gooing "we're freeee, freeeee" that had me in hysterics. Not sure what film it was, but Mad Christopher was the narrator
- Killer Klowns from Outerspace - amazing.
- Ghosthouse. Actually this one was pretty chilling. Amazing music. Was it Dario Argento?
- The Slayer - bad acting, derivative script and hysterics, but I liked it. Not sure what it was called in the US as I think we got a different name over here.

jeddah

mabudonicus
03-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Hellboy (I think)
Astro Zombies was AWESOME... I love how the "Zombies" were solar powered and in that one scene the zombie gets caught out at night and has to hold that flashlight right on his face in order to remain active.. classic!!!
I just watched "night of the zombies" last night, taped off of Elvira years ago... classic badfilm as well, the zombies are US marines who are immortal due to some crazy experimental gas, and they don't really do anything...

Anyone ever seen "city of the walking dead"?? GREAT zombie film from the early 70's I think, the zombies are radioactive mutants and they actually run and use guns and swords and stuff, great film, good gore, lots of action.

Anyone see "nailgun massacre"?? Also a pretty fun flick with tons of plot twists... The nailgun guarantees lots of construction sites as sets, obviously saved a lot of bread making it.

Hellboy
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
mabudon- he he..I remember the scene you're talking about and it was rather funny but the majority of the movie was so slow and boring I still have to say its a waste of time. :zzz: B-movie horror all the way.

Caesar- I agree the cast in Sleepwalkers was top-notch. The story is the weak point IMO and by the way you weren't the only one who had a thing for Madchen Amick. :crazed: I don't know why but I always thought she looked a lot like Jennifer Rubin (Screamers). I had a crush on Madchen as well as another Twin Peaks star Ms. Sherilyn Fenn. :kiss:

B'Omarr Monkey
03-02-2004, 10:32 PM
I just watched "Underworld" the other night, and it was such a pile up of cliches it was almost embarrassing to watch. Can we move on from vampires being pouty, wan goth models in velvet, leather, or pvc, lounging around some decaying manor house. For crying out loud. And that's just for starters. I won't even get into the characters or plot, but clearly the parties involved watched Blade 2.

Except for the eye candy of Kate Beckinsale, this movie was a waste of time.

Two that I recommend: "The Devil's Backbone" Really excellent and it had probably the coolest looking ghost of all time.

"Deep Rising" a crappy monster that knew it was a crappy monster movie and ran with it. In fact I would say that this movie transcends being crappy since it is so entertaining. I'm hoping that "Van Helsing" is more like this than "The Mummy Returns."

2-1B
03-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I know we can all agree that TCM The Next Generation belongs on this list and not in a likeable way.

So I'll go further and place Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III on this Worst List as well. It's terrible. And not really in a good way, either. I mean, the stuff I dislike about TCM2 still lets me enjoy the film as being goofy.

TCM3 is just junk. :( I hate to say it because Ken Foree is in it and I'm a BIG fan of his . . . he does a great job and is the only redeeming quality. Unfortunately Ken is not enough to save this movie.
The rest of the cast is bad. Really bad. The gas station worker who tries to ape Edwin Neal with his "it's a good picture" bit. The old bat mother who talks through that voice box is really annoying and the guy with the hook for a hand becomes a bore after I realize it's not Ted Levine. :D

Hmm . . . I didn't even mention Bubba yet ERRRRRRRRRR I mean Junior. :rolleyes:
When he's in the house, he is a complete childlike character with his speak and spell machine. But when he's out on the hunt he's like a cold hearted killer, almost a ripoff of Jason or something. Gunnar's portrayal of Bubba in TCM gave us a mentally handicapped fellow and that comes across when he kills or shall I say "works." :D
But this Junior fella is not to my liking.

And what's with the continuity ? ? ? Fine if they want to make an "original" film but then why have it continuous with SOME of the stuff but not others? Bad, bad, bad.

I think I've dumped on this movie enough. I will say that my favorite line belongs (of course) to Ken Foree as Benny, "militant lumberjacks - I see 'em all the time." :p

2-1B
03-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Anyone else have an opinion on TCM3 ? Does it suck that bad or am I too harsh on it ?

Jeddah - I don't know, regarding Freddy I'd have to say it doesn't get any lower than the Power Glove / "Great Graphics" bit in part 6. :D

Here's a pair of duds I can add to the list:

Camp Blood and the unnecessary sequel, Camp Blood 2.

The first is an indie horror flick featuring a killer in a clown mask who goes on a spree in a camping area. It's a terrible, terrible, film and one not worth watching ever again. It starts off with a requisite gratuitous nude scene and has plenty of blood.
Watching this movie, the gore in one scene seemed like a college project homage to Savini. This guy takes a machete to the arm and the camera lingers on it so long to show exactly how deep the wound is. Well, all I could think of was Savini cutting that guy's throat in Friday 5 with the machete (you know how they cut out a section to make for a deep cut) and also it was used to do the shovel zombie in Day of the Dead. Not a bad idea to use those tricks, don't get me wrong, but it was just used amateurly. :D

The sequel seems like a ripoff of Scream 3 in that a director wants to make a movie about the events of the first one and of course that means a bloodbath for the cast and crew who feel the need to shoot on location. :rolleyes:

I pulled these two off the 2 for a dollar rental rack so I can't complain - if you want to see 2 all around bad movies with horrible acting, give these 2 a look ! ;)

jjreason
03-19-2004, 04:00 AM
I don't watch horror movies as a rule, but there was a time when I thought it would be a good idea to watch the movie incarnations of the Stephen King books I enjoy reading so much. Well that went along fine until I got to Salem's Lot. What a pile of garbage, more silly than scary. Sad part is, that book will keep you up for a week. Can't fault the source material on this one.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Salem's Lot was considered really good and really chilling when it first aired. I remember seeing it way back then and actually liking it. I saw it again a few years ago and found it dated really badly. The Fred Willard stuff and the grave digger all looked like they came from some crappy 70s tv series. I still liked the look of the vampires and that weird floating outside the bedroom windows with the backwards flowing mist. Plus, the kid had all those great monster models.

Off the top of my head the good Stephen King movies are: Carrie, The Dead Zone, Stand By Me, Misery, The Shawshank Redemption. I also liked Cujo, the first half of Christine (I haven't seen it since it came out, so I may take that back), and most of The Green Mile.

There are some movies I haven't seen and can't comment on. Two that should have been good but weren't were Pet Sematary and The Dark Half. All the tv stuff I saw felt really watered down. Anything with children and corn is apalling.

There are a couple I liked that just don't hold up now: Creepshow and Cat's Eye. There's one that's terrible that is my guilty pleasure: Maximum Overdrive.

Someone told me Thinner was actually good. Anyone else seen it?

2-1B
03-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Campfire Stories

I bought it from the Wal-Mart $5 bin because of my crush on Jamie-Lynn (Sigler) DiScala and it's a rather poor film . . . but not a total loss. It's an anthology of 3 'scary' stories with a 4th tale wrapped around the 3 Campfire Stories as told by Buster Poindexter. :p

The first story is lame, the second story is lame but with a funny spiritual twist, and the 3rd story is actually kinda cool.

Very low budget and it shows . . . the opening monologue by the talking CGI skull is way out of line. :D

Hellboy
05-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Well I watched a real stinker over the weekend thanks to a couple of enthusiastic recommendations by a few friends. The movie was Cabin Fever and I couldn't believe how much I hated this film. The premise isn't bad but I'm not a big fan of movies that make the victims out to be their own worst enemy. I would think that most of us would work together to get out of the predicament like the one seen here. Instead these kids are so stupid that one of the group actually shoots someone while walking in the woods and returns to the cabin like nothing happened. :stupid: Then after they realize there is a flesh eating virus about they make a couple of half hearted efforts at hiking out to get some help only to have the truck that was supposedly dead start up later and they still don't leave.

There are numerous scenes that make absolutely no sense at all, like the quite blonde kid who sits on the porch and for no reason jumps out of his seat and goes into some karate like fit screaming "pancakes" and proceeds to bite a guy on the hand. :confused: Definately one of the worst horror movies I've seen in some time.

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2004, 12:08 AM
I felt the same way about that kid on the porch. The movie had potential, but it was ruined with all of the weird stuff. I thought the pancakes thing was supposed to be a nod to some obscure horror film, but I never got the reference. Remember, this movie came from Eli Roth, the guy who showed up to the Kill Bill 2 premiere dressed as one of the thieves from Reservoir Dogs. Reference or not, though, that particular scene was very out of place. There are better ways to show a kid is crazy without him performing some kung fu.

But anyway, there was some cool stuff in that film. I enjoyed the little scene with the dog eating the girl's face, but it was all lost with the amount of oddball scenes.

Katre
05-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Secret Window was the latest travesty. There's alot worse out there, but i couldn't stand watching John Turturro play basically the same character he played in O Brother. He got on my nerves bad.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-04-2004, 12:22 PM
I know I'll get some slack for this but...

House of 1000 corpses was awful, awful, horrible!! I just watched it the other day and had to turn it off it was SO bad and if I had to hear that blonde girl talk one more time, I was going to go on a killing rampage in that movie! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Friday the 13th 5 - 10 Man, I really loved these movies when I was a teen, the first 4 that is. But then they started getting really ridiculous after that. I still watch them though so they can't be that bad ;)

Hollow Man Absolutely ridiculous and dumb. I almost fell asleep in the theatre on that one!

**Just a side note here for you guys and gals who love horror movies; what about books?

Just wondering if any of you have read any Jack Ketchum novels? Ohhhhhhhh he's a fantastic writer with a horrific mind! I read three books of his in a row once and I was at work and home feeling easily agitated towards people anywhere I went, kinda always in a bad funk, which is highly unlikely of my character and I was talking to my friend that turned me on to Jack Ketchum and I realized I was feeling all funked because I'd immersed myself in these horror novels so all the stimuli I was receiving was BAD BAD VIBES and I was absolutely amazed that an author could change my mood like that so I really recommend him to anyone who likes the horror genre.

evenflow
05-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I really wouldn't sonsider this a horror movie, but Wrong Turn was awful.

scruffziller
05-04-2004, 02:55 PM
The absolute worse was a B-Movie from Lion Gate Films called MIDNIGHT MASS.

Hellboy
05-04-2004, 07:16 PM
But anyway, there was some cool stuff in that film. I enjoyed the little scene with the dog eating the girl's face, but it was all lost with the amount of oddball scenes.

I agree JBF, there were a few good scenes. As for the dog scene I thought the it was just licking up the blood around the blonde girls body and her face had just deteriorated from the virus. If it was chewing on her face I'd imagine her face would rip apart similar to what happened to the other girl. Either way I remember not being quite sure exactly what the dog was doing to that girl in the shed so I could be wrong. Also I'm not sure why they didn't just show the dog tearing the brunette to shreds considering the movie was extremely violent and gory, why hold back at that point.

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Maybe it was only licking her face... :confused: I honestly can't say one way or the other, as I only saw the movie once and it was late at night.....and the movie wasn't really keeping me interested enough to even sit up and pay much attention.

mrmiller
05-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Anyone seen Piranha 2: The Spawning? Directed by none other that James Cameron. Yes, that one the master behind Aliens. Well it's a #1 piece for you worst horror films. Add anything produced since 1997 that has "Wes Craven presents" at the beginning.

=MATT=

B'Omarr Monkey
05-06-2004, 08:40 PM
The absolute worse was a B-Movie from Lion Gate Films called MIDNIGHT MASS.

So I hear, though DC Comics Vertigo line is in the midst of publishing a second mini-series called MIDNIGHT, MASS. (It's a town in Massachusetts) that has nothing to do with the movie, and has gotten nothing but really good reviews. You might want to check that out.

Not having seen CABIN FEVER (one of those movies I'll stay away from until I hear someone say something good about it. Ditto, House of 1000 Corpses). The scene descibed with the kid on the porch sounds like someone really wished they were David Lynch, but couldn't pull it off.

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Not having seen CABIN FEVER (one of those movies I'll stay away from until I hear someone say something good about it. Ditto, House of 1000 Corpses). The scene descibed with the kid on the porch sounds like someone really wished they were David Lynch, but couldn't pull it off.

Thats funny that you mention that B'Omarr because Cabin Fever's director Eli Roth worked as an editor for David Lynch before doing this film. :crazed:

Really Cabin Fever and HO1C are good examples of 2 first time directors who both have an appreciation for the classics but have entirely different approaches. I personally enjoyed HO1C even if it was over the top, but the majority of the people I talk to hated it because of it's sick depravity. To me Rob Zombie made a dark and disturbing film and didn't pull any punches. Roth on the other hand seems more fond of grossing out the audience rather than trying to disturb or frighten them.

I think overall both films were widely panned by critics. :glasses:

2-1B
10-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree about Cabin Fever being bad, I hadn't seen it and finally did awhile back and I don't have too many good things to say about it...hell, Hostel was better and that wasn't very good either. lol

Actually I thought Hostel had some good stuff to it but overall it was very overated.

kool-aid killer
10-15-2006, 05:20 PM
How about "Slither?" That was a terrible movie. I dont go to horror movies very often, and this one only reinforced the reason why i dont feel im missing out on much. I really cant think of anything good about it, its was more agonizing sitting through it than seeing what was happening in it. I no longer let the person that chose that movie pick what is seen, they are beyond being able to redeem themselves when it comes to movies.

"Meat! Meat! Meat! Meat! Meat!"

2-1B
10-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Slither was fun !

I am biased, though.

UKWildcat
10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
I can't wait to see Slither. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, of course I too will be biased. I'll be sure to let you all know what I think.

I really wouldn't sonsider this a horror movie, but Wrong Turn was awful.

I would consider Wrong Turn a horror movie... and I enjoyed it. It might not have been the best but it is considerably better than a lot of the dreck that is out there.

I'm sure this one has already been mentioned: House of the Dead

Rocketboy
10-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Saw.
Not just in the horror category, but one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

2-1B
10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
I think the Saw movies are fun, I'm with Caps. lol lol lol

UKW I agree on Wrong Turn being horror...maybe not very good but certainly not the worst out there. Jeremy Sisto being introduced to that arrow was funny. :grin:

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 10:44 PM
I really enjoyed the Saw movies. Sure, the acting wasn't the best (the first one was pretty bad actually) but the originality and twist endings made up for it in my opinion. The gore helped out a bunch too. :D I think the first one was shot in like two or three weeks or something crazy like that. :crazed: Looking forward to the third installment.

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
I think the Saw movies are fun, I'm with Caps. lol lol lol

I saw Saw II and thought it was alright, and horror isn't my genre of choice.

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I saw Saw II and thought it was alright, and horror isn't my genre of choice.

Did you not see the first one JJB? Btw, me likey the horror. :D

2-1B
10-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Nope, he watched it with me having no prior experience with the first Saw...I found it odd, too. :confused:

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Nope, he watched it with me having no prior experience with the first Saw...I found it odd, too. :confused:

I was told by Caesar that seeing Saw 1.0 wasn't needed to pick up on the plot.... he was pretty much correct. :D

UKWildcat
10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Yea, you really didn't need to see the first one beforehand, but it would have made some parts more shocking. Mainly the ending where they see the bodies/game from the first one and with how the chick ended up taking over. But you're right. It wasn't detrimental, but might have given you a better understanding/appreciation.

Luuuuuuke
10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Just about any of the SciFi channel cheapo budget horror movies. Even the acting is horrorific. Although the "Haunted Prison" was a relative masterpiece compared to previous ones.

Recently I saw a very old movie on cable: "The Devil's Rain" with William Shatner, Ernest Borgnine and John Travolta. Talk about crap.

"Cabin Fever" I didn't like because I j ust find those movies to be mean-spirited and almost repulsive for the sake of being repulsive. I'm not a huge fan of horror movies, but especially of slasher films. I'm more of an "Exorcist," "Jaws," "Alien," "Dawn of the Dead" kind of guy.

UKWildcat
10-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Just about any of the SciFi channel cheapo budget horror movies. Even the acting is horrorific. Although the "Haunted Prison" was a relative masterpiece compared to previous ones.

Are you kidding me? Alien Apocalypse starring Bruce Campbell was off the hook!!! lol :thumbsup: Actually, it wasn't extremely bad. I'm still going to check out the Bruce Campbell commentary on the dvd some day.

Never heard of Haunted Prison. Whats that all about?

I'm more of an "Exorcist," "Jaws," "Alien," "Dawn of the Dead" kind of guy.

4 excellent choices there. :yes:

2-1B
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
what Ucat said, especially Ex and Dawn. :yes:

on the matter of Saw, I think JimJam was just happy to see Kerri Russell in the movie...

JimJamBonds
10-17-2006, 10:50 PM
on the matter of Saw, I think JimJam was just happy to see Kerri Russell in the movie...

Ohh yeah thats right I forgot about her being in there. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
10-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Those animals-gone-wild horror movies from the late 70s were often pretty bad.

Food of the Gods was a bit too scary for me back when it was in heavy rotation on pay cable during the mid 80s. Forest animals grow to monster size after drinking some white goo that bubbles out of the ground. A group of humans holed up in a farmhouse fend off giant-sized rats in the climax.

The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out, and then they play penochle on yer snout in Squirm. Agitated by electricity, earthworms get under the skin of more than a few hapless townspeople in this one.

Man-eatin' Piranha jump the fence and make their way into civilian waters in what was probably a rip-off of Jaws.

2-1B
10-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Don't forget Piranha 2: The Spawning in which they spawn wings and fly around.

It sounds made up, but it's really the plot! :eek:

Ji'dai
10-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Flyin' piranha. I believe it.

People became mindless ghouls after becoming addicted to The Stuff, a popular creamy marshmallow treat that flies off the shelf faster 'n a box of Krispy Kremes in Oprah's pantry. It's the treat that eats you - kind of like The Blob in marshmallow form.

Droid
10-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Exorcist II, Scream 2, Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes to Hell, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Amercan Werewolf in Paris, and Dawn of the Dead all come to mind.

2-1B
10-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Any particular Dawn of the Dead ? Or both ?

I like Jason Takes Manhattan. :D

UKWildcat
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll assume (hope) he is referring to the remake Cae.

Bringing this thread up to date as well:

Rest Stop - yup.
Stay Alive - only thing that was good about this movie was Sophia Bush. :lipsrsealed:
The Ring 2 - awful sequel.
The Grudge 2 - same as above

and there are a bunch more...

General_Grievous
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Silver Bullet was a really cheesy horror movie. Corey Haim, Gary Busey and a werewolf. Nuff said. But I wouldn't really call it bad.

Wanna see a bad horror movie? Just check out any of the new crappy PG-13 horror movies (The Grudge, When A Stranger Calls, Pulse).

UKWildcat
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Wanna see a bad horror movie? Just check out any of the new crappy PG-13 horror movies (The Grudge, When A Stranger Calls, Pulse).

It should also be noted that they are all remakes too, foreign or domestic; most of which (remakes) have been really really crappy, so a lot of those can be added to the list.

I actually didn't mind The Grudge, I know, I'm in the minority there. I was extremely disappointed with Pulse... and When A Stranger Calls should have never been made.

El Chuxter
09-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Adventures in Babysitting (only the garage scene, though)

JON9000
09-17-2007, 04:30 PM
The Exorcist II is a truly terrible movie in every way. The dialogue is laughable, the synchro device is beyond belief, and the plot drawls along. Throw into the mix a bunch of shots of 16-year-old Blair that are obviously designed to titillate, and it is pretty much beyond redemption. It takes a really good director like Boorman to screw up so amazingly.

2-1B
09-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Ring 2 was horrible and I didn't even bother with Grudge 2.

Exorcist 2 is bad, they were definitely upping the squirm factor by playing on Blair's physical developments... at least it had Darth Vader in it. ;)

JimJamBonds
09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't know if its been said or not but Dracula 2000 sucked hard.

jonthejedi
09-20-2007, 04:02 AM
...nothing compares to the sheer hilarity which is Night of the Lepus from 1972.