PDA

View Full Version : Price points for OT line from Target

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 12:10 AM
DPCI Numbers for OTC toys at Target stores.

087-06-1014 3.75 basic figures 5.99
087-06-1016 3.75 ot figures 9.99
087-06-1017 12in ot figures 29.99
087-06-1018 millennium falcon 49.99
087-06-0937 "Burger King Style" cups $9.99

Looks like the 5.99 is going to happen anyways.:ermm:

bobafrett
02-29-2004, 12:37 AM
Yes, but even more shocking is the $29.99 for the 12" OT line. That's even more rediculous than the $25 price tag that Wal-Mart is charging for the 12" figures.

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 12:47 AM
and what is even more shocking is the fact they are going to carry them. The crappy thing is, I'll probably want them all and not have the cash at the time to spend 100 bucks.:ermm:

bobafrett
02-29-2004, 12:51 AM
and what is even more shocking is the fact they are going to carry them. The crappy thing is, I'll probably want them all and not have the cash at the time to spend 100 bucks.:ermm:

Or at least give them a shelf space which can remain empty like many of the pegs at my local Target stores. :eek:

AmanaMatt
02-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Sorry, at $30 most but the most hardcore of collectors will buy these.

Kidhuman
02-29-2004, 10:56 AM
The only 12" figure I want is Fett. AL the rest of em will stay there for all I care. I hopefully can find this stuff at Wal-Mart.

plo koon 200
02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Hasbro said upfront that the new 12" were going to be $29.99. It sucks to see the new figs at $5.99 but at least we get the MF for $49.99 instead of $59.99.

sith_killer_99
02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
087-06-1016 3.75 ot figures 9.99

:eek:

That's highway robbery!!! I have to pay $120.00 (plus tax) to get all 12 of these! :Pirate: Grrrr....

It looks like I will need to start saving up now! That's not too hard, considering most store around here only have the Brown Coat Han wave or nothing at all.

I guess it's a good thing my state tax check hasn't come in yet. :greedy:

Still, I can't believe these things will retail for $9.99 each! Target was pushing the envelope with the CW animated figures at $6.99 and those were exclusives! This is all because of the packaging! I would hate to be a loose collector and have to pay $9.99 for these figures.

I predict that these will warm pegs for some time, because, at that price I will not be buying any extras to open, and I will be extremly picky about the package condition. I bought 2 full sets of the CW animated figures, one to open and one to keep carded. That's 16 figures total for $111.84 (plus tax). I could buy 17 figures for less than the cost of the 12 ot figures!

As for the $5.99 price point on basic figures, Wal-Mart will probably still sell 'em for $5.00. :D Corporate greed helping out the collector, may as well take advantage.

I don't really collect the 12 inch Hasbro stuff, unless I find a cool figures (which is rare) and it's the right price ($9.99 or less). ;) Though I may buy the Boba Fett, I'll have to see it up close.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-29-2004, 11:55 AM
The basic figures are already $5.99 there, and Hasbro told us about the modern vintage being $10. Nice to know the glasses are only $10, cause I'm only buying them for the glasses (I'll keep the figures, and Snowspeeder Luke looks good).

amidalak
02-29-2004, 01:04 PM
if walmart keeps the figs at $4.77, it won't be long before target gets back in line and lowers their price back down to $4.99, so just hope good old wally world doesn't follow in target's footsteps.

JediTricks
02-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Bah, damn Target raising the basic figure prices! This is such a poor idea, I hope it's not industry-wide. I mean, what's the point of re-releasing all these basic figures to a new collecting audience and then jacking the price on these already-paid-for molds up a buck higher than they have been for the past year and a half, which didn't entice many new customers at that lower pricepoint?!? I mean, look at all the toy you get for $6.99 with Marvel Legends, then look at the pitiful amount of OLD product you'll be getting with Star Wars for just a dollar less.

JON9000
03-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Hopefully we won't go back to the POTJ days. I love the $5 price point, and I think it will return when Ep III comes out and they are trying to move in volume again.

Kidhuman
03-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Hopefully we won't go back to the POTJ days. I love the $5 price point, and I think it will return when Ep III comes out and they are trying to move in volume again.

I wish Hasbro would go back to the POTJ days as far as sculpting goes. Those were some of the best figures ever created for this line.

JediTricks
03-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Pardon me for repeating myself on this once again, but over half the POTJ line was designed by Galoob division, and Saga came around just as Galoob and Kenner divisions were shut down and their people were either laid off or had to move to Rhode Island... coincidence?

darthdeogg
03-23-2004, 01:38 AM
I have a strech of my bedroom wall, waiting for 12 Star Cases with a set of OT figs in the cases.

I'm not too worried about getting a set to open, I may just pick and choose.

IMFETTUP
04-19-2004, 03:44 PM
I, too, share the same sentiment of fellow collectors as related to the price tag associated with the OT line. Fact is, however, that Hasbro is acutely aware of the demand for these figures and that we, the collectors, will go out of our way to have them. I will be out scouring the local Wal-Marts and Targets along with everyone else. Secondly, it is somewhat appealing to me to have "vintage" like figures on "vintage" like cards since the only vintage figures I have now are loose and pretty well beat up!:cry: I will certainly be on the lookout for any thing Fett in addition to the figures. I will most likely pass on everything else.

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Why isn't Hasbro trying to move in volume now, I wonder?

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Bah, damn Target raising the basic figure prices! This is such a poor idea, I hope it's not industry-wide. I mean, what's the point of re-releasing all these basic figures to a new collecting audience and then jacking the price on these already-paid-for molds up a buck higher than they have been for the past year and a half, which didn't entice many new customers at that lower pricepoint?!? I mean, look at all the toy you get for $6.99 with Marvel Legends, then look at the pitiful amount of OLD product you'll be getting with Star Wars for just a dollar less.
As of 4/19, PA Targets near me still have the $5-bucks-a-pop price:greedy: , but there are no basic figures to put out. Kinda stupid, when you think about it. How does Hasbro really make money from having the SW license when they sabotage their cashflow my not shipping any cases??? Hmmmm?????

plasticfetish
04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Secondly, it is somewhat appealing to me to have "vintage" like figures on "vintage" like cards since the only vintage figures I have now are loose and pretty well beat up!
Check the Toy Fair pics again... they aren't vintage style figures really, they're very modern style figures of some core characters that made up the vintage line. All on vintage style cards. It's more of a modern day tribute to the vintage line -- in conjunction with the DVD release.

-----

Speaking of OT prices, has anyone seen anything else about this rumored $29.99 (US) price for the Sandcrawler? Something about two Jawas and a droid also?

Darth Mina
04-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Vintage,New, who cares the price to pay is way too much and on top of it they are all going to be released for a very limited time which means that scalpers & their friends will make a killing out of true collectors like us. I think it will hurt but i'm just going to have to sit this one :frus: :cry: :mad: :dead:

plasticfetish
04-19-2004, 10:01 PM
the price to pay is way too much and on top of it they are all going to be released for a very limited time which means that scalpers & their friends will make a killing out of true collectors like us.
Yeah, true.
I'd assumed at first that the $10 price for the "vintage" OTC figures was partly to scare off the casual scalpers. (if there is such a thing.) Putting them out at $7 would totally insure that they'd be eaten up. At $10 maybe there'll be more left for the rest of us. Maybe, who knows... we'll see.

I'm not for sure on this until I spot the things in the stores, but at this point, I don't think $10 is such a ridiculous price anyway. They're priced like deluxe figures and are hopefully going to be way cooler than most of the deluxe figures we've seen over the past few years. It'd still be nice if Hasbro would offer up a box set of all 12 (priced at $80ish) for those of us wanting to open these figures.

sith_killer_99
04-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Hmm, I am seriously considering buying a case of each assortment for these Vintage OTC figures.

Turbowars
04-20-2004, 12:09 AM
That's what I did. I preorder from EE and if I find the stuff at retail 1st, I then cancel. EE doesn't charge you until the stuff comes in.

CooLJoE
04-20-2004, 02:19 AM
Is there a list and pics anywhere of the 12" OT line thats coming?