PDA

View Full Version : TPM - Edited for Fox?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm watching TPM on Fox right now. It's really freakin' weird! I know sometimes scenes are cut from movies for TV, but this is different. Before they go into the lake, Jar Jar jumped up, and the sound was still going, but he didn't do that scream thing! Also, a few seconds later, Boss Nass moves his head but he doesn't make the clicks, but he does in a little while. I don't disagree with the changes, I just find them odd. I'm sure there may be more, it's just weird.

Pendo
03-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Hmmmm, sounds very strange.

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
03-01-2004, 09:47 AM
I noticed things missing from TV broadcasts of films. Sometimes entire lines are muted even though you see the individual speaking. It's rather strange, but sometimes things like that are just transfer errors.

kool-aid killer
03-01-2004, 11:04 AM
I didnt want to start a thread over something small so i will hijack this one for only a minute. I wonder why the Naboo guards didnt just slam Darth Maul when he first appeared with a barrage of blaster fire? He may have been able to deflect a few shots but i cant help but think that it would have been much easier as opposed to having the Jedi split apart from them. Surely he would have fallen much like the Jedi did under the overwhelming fire power of the battle droids. The thought just came to mind as i was watching the Fox airing of it last night.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2004, 05:33 PM
I didnt want to start a thread over something small so i will hijack this one for only a minute. I wonder why the Naboo guards didnt just slam Darth Maul when he first appeared with a barrage of blaster fire? He may have been able to deflect a few shots but i cant help but think that it would have been much easier as opposed to having the Jedi split apart from them. Surely he would have fallen much like the Jedi did under the overwhelming fire power of the battle droids. The thought just came to mind as i was watching the Fox airing of it last night.
I think Maul could have easily deflected the shots and killed them. Look at the Jedi in AOTC in the circle in the arena, they deflected a lot of shots and didn't get killed (they could have, though, if it went on any longer).

Anyway, did anyone notice more changes/errors?

Turambar
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM

I've often wondered the same thing. I guess the reason is that the movie would have ended quite suddenly since QG & OW could just whirl their way through the rest of the droids, and since the trade fed (for reasons beyond logic) left only one of their gazillion ships to be luckily destroyed, the movie would have come to a sudden and less dramatic ending.
Even if the troops didn't get him, it would have been interesting to see Maul actually do something evil by knocking off a few of the soldiers, before the jedi finished him off.