PDA

View Full Version : Cd Refund

Kidhuman
03-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Wow, Ichecked my mail today(something I do every few days because I hate bills). Iget somethng that says "Settlement Actions Enclosed" .I am like WTF is this? I open it upand it is a check for $13.86.

I had signed up for the class action suit(?) against the CD companies about a year and a half ago. It was for them overcharging on CD's This was my refund for them charging to much. A nice suprise if Idosay so myself.

bobafrett
03-02-2004, 01:00 AM
All I got was a form from BMG or was it Columbia house, for 75% off of up to three CD's, or maybe it was 75% off of 1, and 25% off of three. I looked through the catalog and couldn't find anything I found appealing, but I still have several months to use it.

I take it that you are no longer a member of the music club then KH?

2-1B
03-02-2004, 04:21 AM
I don't understand these class action suits against CD companies . . . how are they overcharging? Don't they have the right to charge what they want for their products?
No, I'm not talking about the pennies it takes to manufacture a CD - it's what's contained on the CD that is valuable.

Where's the class action lawsuit against Paramount for overcharging on their DVDs ?

Kidhuman
03-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I dunno. I didnt expect to get anything back from it. I agree that DVD's should be next. If its good for one, it should be good for the other.

Exhaust Port
03-02-2004, 02:14 PM
I can't believe that I missed this. Even my parents applied for it and got their refunds this last week.