PDA

View Full Version : The Devil's Rejects

James Boba Fettfield
03-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Ah yes, what a clever way for me to draw the unsuspecting into a thread that's about the House of 1000 Corpses sequel! Those who hated the first film are free to leave the thread now.

In case you are a slow one, The Devil's Rejects is the official title for the House of 1000 Corpses sequel. But wait, there is more! What more, you ask? Well, maybe a small idea of what the plot of this film is about? Well, read away my fellow Corpses fans:

However divided genre fans may be over Rob Zombie's debut House of 1000 Corpses, there is a fanbase out there and they're drooling and clamoring for the latest news on Corpses 2.

Originally, Lions Gate got a tad ambitious by stating in the trades that the film would be ready in time for this spring. Hell, Zombie hasn't even started shooting yet. A script is done, however, and courtesy of Rob's lovely assistant, we've got the official title for the follow up: The Devil's Rejects. It's a moniker that'll draw in the church groups, won't it? According to Rob's assistant, the name is stemmed from "the nickname the media has bestowed upon our favorite band of murderers." Furthermore, we've learned that the plot also surrounds a band of bounty hunters led by Sheriff Wydell's brother who is fueled by revenge when he finds out that his kin was slain by the Firefly family.

Zombie has said in interviews that the sequel will pick up shortly after the first with the Firefly clan going on the road after their house is burned down and a few family members have been gunned down during a police raid.

Moseley, Haig, and the rest of the cast are all on board. Apparently some big news concerning new cast members will be arriving soon.

This news came care of the great guys at www.creature-corner.com

So we all have this straight, this will be the official thread for all things HO1C2, or The Devil's Rejects.

Anyone else seeing the resemblance between this and TCM2? I guess it is the family member seeking vengeance thing.

2-1B
03-02-2004, 02:45 AM
DAWWWWWWWWWWG WILL HUNT. :D

Yep, I was thinking Lefty Enright all the way as I read that synopsis. :crazed:

I'm a big fan of HO1KC and I think it is a fun little film. Sequel? I went back and forth over whether or not I want to see one. For awhile I heard rumors that the devil's rejects would run into ANOTHER band of crazy people and I wasn't sure what to feel about it. Maybe that will still happen while they are on the lam ?

I'm definitely intrigued by this and I'll easily see it to find out what Zombie comes up with. Can't wait. :)

Hellboy
03-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Sounds sweet. I loved HO1C as well and really like the idea of a sequel.

I also remember reading the rumors of a run in with an even worse group of baddies but I hope they dropped that idea or it wasn't true. The whole bounty hunter angle sounds like a better idea to me but like you said Caesar they could incorporate both I suppose. I hope the sequel doesn't go for the more comedic approach TCM2 did though. Don't get me wrong I like TCM2 but I'd like to see HO1C2 do something more original while maintaining the shock value I so loved in the first.

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2004, 12:20 PM
More news on this for the three of us who have interest in the film:

Ken Foree is happy [to] announce that Rob Zombie and Lion's Gate Pictures have signed him up to star in the sequel to HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES. According to imdb.com, the new movie will be titled THE DEVIL'S REJECTS and has an expected release date of 2004. Ken Foree will play "Charlie", Captain Spaulding's "brother".

http://www.kenforee.us/

That's just...well, that's just great. I wonder how this is going to work. Maybe Charlie will be Capt. Spaulding's "street brother." Props to anyone who recognizes how street brother relates to Ken Foree.

EDIT-Updated information. It is now confirmed that Ken Foree will be in this film as well as one other surprise star. Rob Zombie had this to say to Creature-Corner:

Yes, the rumors are true Ken Foree [Dawn of the Dead] has signed on to play Charlie Altamont aka Captain Spaulding's pimp brother. If that ain't enough for you horror fiends Michael [The Hills Have Eyes] Berryman has signed to play Clevon, Charlie's dim witted sidekick.

2-1B
04-17-2004, 03:37 AM
Ken Foree and Sid Haig together in this movie ? AWESOME ! ! !

Berryman, there's a nice pick.

evenflow
04-17-2004, 11:29 AM
What ever happened to the unedited / extended release of House of a 1000 Corpses?

James Boba Fettfield
04-17-2004, 11:40 AM
No one really knows, evenflow. It looks like the version we have now on DVD is all there's going to be. Who knows, maybe after Devil's Rejects is in theaters there will be a release of it on dvd as the unrated version. I'd be very surprised if that happened, but who knows.

Lord Malakite
04-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Devil's Rejects. Sounds like my kind of movie. :cool:

Hellboy
04-17-2004, 03:10 PM
What ever happened to the unedited / extended release of House of a 1000 Corpses?

I read in an interview a while back that Rob does indeed want and plans to do an extended cut of the first film. He stated that in doing a Director's Cut he'd like to incorporate the cut scenes back into the film rather than just having them available as extras on a bonus disk. That whole process takes time and right now he is focused solely on getting the sequel done first. So who knows maybe by the time HO1C2 comes out on DVD we'll get the uncut version of the first film too.

I love the new cast additions as well. Rob seems to have a real appreciation for the classics and thats great.

James Boba Fettfield
04-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Rombie Zombie let the guys over at Creature-Corner know that he's hired Kane Hodder as a stunt coordinator for the film.

It keeps getting better.

2-1B
04-25-2004, 02:35 AM
I hope Kane gets a small (non-makeup) role in the film. I love seeing that guy onscreen.

James Boba Fettfield
04-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Zombie has again let www.creature-corner.com know about another casting decision made for the movie.

'70s "it" girl and scream queen goddess PJ Soles ('Halloween' 'Carrie,' 'Rock N Roll High School') has signed on to the ever growing list of cult favorites. PJ will play Susan, a woman who, along with her young child, are violently car jacked by none other than Capt. Spaulding himself.

Hellboy
04-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Man, Rob just keeps adding more and more cult favorites to the cast/crew, I'm really impressed. Sounds like Capt. Spaulding is going to be getting a bit more screen time in this film, which is fine by me. :evil:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Eh, i just hope this one surpasses the original. I might be on my own here, but i thought that H1000C was a complete waste. NOTHING in it really disturbed me, which it being Rob Zombie, should've distrubed me!!! The whole idea of showing the negatives of the film got really old really fast and everything seemed really...lame. Hopefully, this one will actually live up to what Rob Zombie can do. The casting news as of recent is giving me high hopes. :D

2-1B
04-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Good for PJ !

I saw her at a horror con last summer and she's very cool . . . nice to see her getting a fun gig like this.

2-1B
05-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Ummmmmmmm . . . if it's really true that Robert Mukes (Rufus) passed on the sequel due to financial issues, I have only one question . . . WHY ? ? ? ?
What the hell else is he going to do to make a few bucks ? And why would he demand more cash in the first place ? Sure, Corpses did find a nice little fanbase and made a few bucks but I doubt anybody first thinks of Rufus when they think of that movie.
Anyway, Bloody Disgusting reports that Tyler Mane is going to take over the role. He should fill in quite nicely IMO.

James Boba Fettfield
05-10-2004, 06:51 AM
What can you say about it...he's not a Bill or Sid, and I don't think anyone was really giving a damn about the Rufus character to begin with. An easily replaced actor as Zombie has showed us. I'm not losing any sleep over this casting change.

2-1B
05-11-2004, 04:17 AM
Exactly ! Spaulding and Otis would be hardest to replace, and after that I think the characters aren't THAT memorable. Baby and Mother Firefly would be the next toughest to replace and then Tiny would be tough just because Matthew McGrory has such a unique physical nature to him.

Are they replacing Grampa ? I hope not - I mean, the actor died so I would rather he just be left out of it and let the audience assume that he died of old age or something.

Anyway, all I remember about Rufus is that he was big and hairy and wore a bearskin while doubling as a tow truck driver. Tyler Mane can pick up the slack quite admirably, I'm sure. :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
I thought some of the family is supposed to die in a fight at their house with the police, which forces them on the run. Grandpa could die that way.

A side note: I didn't know that actor had died.

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 04:52 PM
I wasn't aware Gramps died either. :(

As for Rufus I think they should just kill the character rather than replace him. Not that I don't think Tyler Mane wouldn't do an adequate job in place of Robert Mukes but I'm not a big fan of new actors playing a part occupied by someone else previously. I'd rather see Tyler introduced as a new family member for the sake of maintaining continuity. It would also add a sence of realism if a few of the family members didn't survive the rumored police raid.

2-1B
05-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Grampa Hugo was played by Dennis Fimple who died in August 2002. I think Zombie mentioned it on the DVD commentary but I can't remember for certain.

It's a shame that he couldn't enjoy the success of the film since it was delayed so long in it's release. :cry:

James Boba Fettfield
05-12-2004, 03:37 AM
You know, Mr. Mukes finally cleared up why he won't be in this film:

First of all, I want the fans to know that I loved working on House of a 1000 Corpses and have looked forward to working on the Devilís Rejects ever since we finished shooting Corpses. I love the movie. I think Rob is a genius and has resurrected the horror genre in Corpses. I, too, am shocked and disappointed that I wonít be Rufus Jr. in Devilís Rejects. Rufus Jr. is a part of me. I asked for double scale, which is a minimum raise in the industry. Scale is $2,500 a week to work on a movie. Double scale is $5,000 a week. Itís unfortunate I couldnít be paid this amount. I will miss being Rufus Jr. and wish we could have come to an agreement.

2-1B
05-12-2004, 04:13 AM
The dude still should have taken the gig. I can't fault him for trying to double up but I won't miss him in this sequel.
Oh well.

Hey Jaymz, I was reading the IMDb listing for Rejects and while it is certainly not complete, I noticed that Matthew McGrory aka Tiny was absent from the list. I thought that was a bit odd . . .

HOWEVER, it's not as odd as the inclusion of Diamond Dallas Page in the cast list. Effing curious, if you ask me. :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
05-12-2004, 04:49 AM
On DDP:

Here's something we've been sittin' on that I opted just to keep in the coffin. But a perusal of various horror message boards has revealed that an unconfirmed rumor has spread like an annoying rage virus. One that was never reported here on the Corner, but one that will be stifled right now.

Rob Zombie is in the midst of prepping The Devil's Rejects (the sequel to House of 1000 Corpses) for Lions Gate, as we all know. A script is completed, all the usual suspects are returning (Moseley, Haig, Black, Moon) and the task to fill out the rest of the cast has begun. And recently wrestler Diamond Dallas Page was quoted as saying, on some radio program, that Zombie has cast him in Rejects. I don't doubt that he was on the air, nor do I doubt he had a chat with Zombie; but actors - if you can call Dallas that - are an eager lot who like to talk before contracts are signed.

So your devoted Rotten one put his bony fingers to work and dropped a line to our source at Zombie's camp to get some confirmation or clarification. Turns out I got the latter. Dallas and Zombie indeed crossed paths, but no, the wrestler has not signed a thing that would officially put him in the film.

Keep in mind, though, that may change in the near future. But if Dallas winds up not being in the film, don't be shocked and blame the Internet as a haven for misinformation.

Creature-corner reported that about a month ago. As for Tiny, I haven't read anything about him being in the film. As I understand it, it is supposed to be Otis, Spaulding, Baby, and the Mother who survive and go on the run. Maybe Tiny, Rufus, and Grandpa are the ones who die in the fight with police?

Hard to say who is going to be in this, everyday is a new cast announcement from Rob Zombie. Who was it announced today? Danny Trejo as one person in a two man bounty hunter team. No word on who the other bounty hunter is...Oh to cast Tom Savini for that role, how cool that would be.

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2004, 02:01 AM
http://www.creature-corner.com/reviews/thedevilsrejectsscript.php3

Rotten has a review of the script up. Good news, there is mention of Tiny, so we can expect him to return.

Hellboy
05-16-2004, 12:28 PM
That script sounds awesome!! I hope this film hits before the end of the year. :evil:

Hellboy
05-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Just read this at Creature-Corner:

Wow, the casting news for The Devil's Rejects is really coming fast and furious, ain't it?

Danny Trejo, P.J. Soles, Tyler Mane and Steve Railsback are just some of the cast already signed on for Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses sequel, and today we learned that a pivotal role in the film has been taken over by a very pivotal actor.

William (Things to do in Denver When You're Dead, Once Upon a Time in America) Forsythe has just accepted the role of Sherriff John Wydell, brother of the slain George Wydell played by Tom Toles in the first film. This will not be just some random cameo, fiends, Wydell and his driving need for revenge against the entire Firefly clan are the center point for the film. And Zombie couldn't be more thrilled to have him on board.

"I was ******* thrilled when William signed onto the film," Zombie gushed " He has exactly the heavy, menacing presence needed to make Sheriff Wydell more than a match for Otis, Spaulding and Baby. Sheriff Wydell is going to be one tough mother******"

So how much longer til this casting insanity draws to a close? Good question. If you figure that over on Karen Black's official site she said that she would not be returning for the role of mother Firefly (which is still unconfirmed by Zombie's camp), it would be a few more weeks at least. Lets just hope the sequel is worth all this attention.

Forsythe is a great choice for Wydell and the addition of Steve Railsback is cool as well. I wonder if he'll play the other bounty hunter?

2-1B
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Hellboy - WILLIAM FORSYTHE ? ? ? :eek: Surely I'm dreaming ! ! ! :cool:

Hey Jaymz, thanks for the news on Tiny - good to hear. :)

James Boba Fettfield
05-17-2004, 05:09 AM
Looks like a pay dispute has caused another returning cast member to be cut. Karen Black says, "Negotiations didnít work out, but I wish Rob all the best with his new film."

http://www.karenblackonline.com/

Well then...

2-1B
05-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Meh, I can do without her.
I just hope she isn't recast . . . although . . . it would be cool to see William Forsythe take revenge against the woman who shot his brother.

Hellboy
05-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Well I really don't care if Karen Black reprises her role or not. I can't picture her on the run with the rest of the gang anyway so maybe this is for the better.

I do agree however that it would be cool to see her perish at the hands of Sheriff Wydell. :cool:

James Boba Fettfield
05-18-2004, 04:01 PM
This is funny:

Another well-know name has been added to the ever growing list known as The Devil's Rejects. This time out it's not a horror veteran or cult star but none other than indie film queen Natasha (American Pie, Slums of Bevelry Hills, Detroit Rock City, Party Monster) Lyonne. Natasha plays Candy, a Star Wars obsessed prostitute who works for Charlie (Ken Foree) Altamont. Is it just me or is this movie becoming very strange. Stay tuned for more info soon.

In another bit of interesting info Anthony Tremblay has signed on as production designer. Mr. Tremblay was responsible for designing the now classic Sam Raimi film Army Of Darkness.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=1871&Template=newsfull

Our prayers for Star Wars pros are answered! I just hope there's no SW figure mistreatment like that POTA figure in the original's opening.

CC is reporting that Brian Posehn has also been hired.

Perhaps you've heard of Mr. Show? His name is Brian Posehn and aside from co-writing and acting in that series, he has also starred in a slew of films (like Sorority Boys and Dumb and Dumberer) and lent his voice to various 'toons. Here's what Brian had to say on his official site:

"I will be shooting a part in Rob Zombie's sequel to House of a Thousand Corpses, The Devil's Rejects this month. I can't say much about my part. I can tell you his script rules. It takes what he did in the first one and heads off in a new and very cool direction. I can't wait for people to see it. More to come soon."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-24-2004, 03:26 PM
I guess JBFF is sleeping or something as i'm actually posting this stuff before him. :D

Here it is! The first ever image from The Devil's Rejects, the sequel to Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses! An exclusive shot of Leslie Easterbrook as the new Mother Firefly is inside awaiting your eyes! "Leslie has really grabbed onto the role and taken it to the next level. Leslie has come into a tough situation. Replacing another actor (Karen Black) is a difficult thing to do, but Leslie has really stepped up and begun to kick some serious a--! The cast and I are thrilled to be working with her", says Zombie. Not only is there an image inside, but more casting news from the sequel that has already begun filming!

I've also been informed: "In other news: filming has officially started. The first segent filmed was a local Ruggville talk show known as THE MORRIS GREEN SHOW. Morris Green is played by none other than mega-horror fan Daniel ( River's Edge, US Marshalls, Bubba Ho-Tep, Agent Cody Banks) Roebuck and his guest on the show is a so called expert on satanic cult related crimes Dr. Robert Bankhead played by Duane (Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Til Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money, Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3), Whitaker. "These guys were absolutely brilliant together", says Zombie. Only a segment of The Morris Green Show will be seen in the film, but the entire episode will be available on the DVD.

News thanks to ole' Bloody Disgusting

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2004, 04:06 PM
No no, I just didn't post this news because I wanted you to do it and get some exposure to this film. With any hope that interest will cause you to re-evalute the first Corpses film and realize what a good movie it is.

Or maybe I just didn't visit Bloody Disgusting today for news. That's probably it.

Hellboy
05-24-2004, 04:33 PM
When I first started reading your post Guyute I thought, oh great another replacement cast member, why not just write the character out of the story. Then I saw the pic you posted and was shocked at Leslie Easterbrook's resemblance to Karen Black. :sur: After seeing that I think I should change my tune because visually she could easily pass as Mother Firefly. Lets hope she can pull it off, looks promising.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Some "new" images have been posted over at Bloody disgusting. Here they be:

Pic 1- Spaulding with Mr. Zombie
Pic 2- Otis and Baby
Pic 3- Spaudling busted

They also reported the following:
In other news a source close to the production overheard a conversation between the producers of the film and the Lion's Gate executives concerning the release of The Devil's Rejects. As the film enters it's fourth week of principle photography, apparently Lion's Gate is so thrilled with the results that they are talking about making this the widest released film in the history of the company. Somewhere between 2500 and 3000 screens. That is more than six times what the first film recieved.

Saturday, June 12th marked the first day that the new members of the Firefly clan and the originals worked together. Otis, Baby, Mother and Rufus were reunited once again. Zombie had this to say about the new cast members, "Leslie and Tyler have been amazing. The new family members bonded immediately and never missed a beat. I have no fear that the fans will have no trouble embracing Leslie and Tyler in these roles, both of them have been great to work with and have thrown themselves deeply into their roles."

Cheers! :D

Hellboy
07-19-2004, 08:40 PM
There is a really good interview over at Creature-Corner.com with William Forsythe about his upcoming role in The devil's Rejects for those who are intersted. This guy is so right for the role of Sheriff Wydell. :cool:

http://www.creature-corner.com/interviews/williamforsythe.php3

Hellboy
08-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Some pretty interesting things were reported in DVDtalk's SDCC coverage of The Devil's Rejects.

Filming wrapped barely two weeks ago on writer/director Rob Zombie's psychos-on-the-lamb sequel to House of 1000 Corpses but the gang's all here: Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding), Bill Moseley (Otis Driftwood), Sheri Moon (Baby Firefly) and, replacing Karen Black as Mother Firefly, is Police Academy veteran Leslie Easterbrook as we've never seen her before. Zombie also introduces the fresh meat: Dawn of the Dead legend Ken Foree as Charlie Altamont -- pimp daddy of the wild west "wh-re ranch," Deborah Van Valkenburgh as his limberest filly and Mr. Show goofball Brian Posehn as a not-long-for-this-world Jimmy Cracker.

Without further ado, a teaser trailer rolls featuring Spaulding doing a slow-mo strut down a desert road flanked by Baby and Otis with the Alman Brothers "Midnight Rider" swelling behind 'em. Zombie apologizes, "It doesn't show much!," however the spagetti western look does give an excellent indication of just how different this sequel will be:

-Zombie's watch words: "Darker, more serious. Realism."
-MPAA will be a problem: Intense violence, chicken effin'.
-Rough cut runs 3 hours: Anticipate deleted scenes
-Documentary crew followed entire production
-Expected in theaters January or February 2005
-Sid has a socks-on "f@#% scene" with Ginger Lynn.
-Yes, Baby does the laugh again -- ONCE!
-Poshen, a diehard horror fan, "felt like a Make a Wish kid."
-Biggest FX hurdle: "Keeping enough blood on hand."
-Dr Satan footage was filmed, uncertain if it'll be included.
-There will not be a third installment.
-Key to Haig's even edgier Spaulding: "I just let the natural a--hole in me come out!"
-Moseley, intensely "bummed out" by repeated takes of sadistic sex scene, was told by Zombie "Art is not safe."
-Other stars: Michael Berryman, Danny Trejo, E.G. Daily and William Forsythe as the vengeful Sheriff John Wydell.
-Zombie thinks he's "contractually obligated" to revisit the House DVD, yet, "Going back to reedit that movie seems like a nightmare to me. ... It's like going back and retaking your high school yearbook photo again because you think you might look cooler now."

http://www.dvdtalk.com/cineschlock/comiccon04/index.html

Zombie's comments were pretty interesting about revisting the HO1C DVD. The sequel sounds really cool, I really like what I'm hearing.

Sounds like Capt. Spaulding has a good time. :crazed:

2-1B
08-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Last weekend I was at a convention and among the many horror guests were Moseley and Haig.

They did a Q&A together which was pretty good . . . they didn't spill too many spoilers but I will share what I remember hearing:

Spoilers
Spaulding is Baby's father. This is revealed on screen and Sid talked at the convention about how they had a touching scene together and it really made him cry. I was waiting for him to deliver the punchline but it never came - he was actually being serious. So who knows what the hell THAT is about.

Sid said that in regards to PJ Soles, "I kicked her a** real good."

It's definitely a stand alone picture in that it won't address the issue of the girl at the end of the first film.

There are some humorous moments but it's more serious than the last film.

Here's something, not really a spoiler, but Irwin Keyes was there (he played Ravelli, Spaulding's right hand man) and while talking to him I asked if he is in the new film. He said No, but Rob Zombie told him he'll be back in the 3rd film to "save the clown's a**."

Now, I don't know if Zombie really told him that or if he made it up to feel better :D but I think it MIGHT mean that Spaulding is going to survive the sequel.

We'll see !

Hellboy
08-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Spoilers
Spaulding is Baby's father. This is revealed on screen and Sid talked at the convention about how they had a touching scene together and it really made him cry. I was waiting for him to deliver the punchline but it never came - he was actually being serious. So who knows what the hell THAT is about.

What the hell!?!

How could someone as ugly as Spaulding and Mother Firefly (assuming she is Baby's mother) produce a child that attractive? Not to sure how I feel about that twist but I suppose I'll reserve judgement until I see the film if it is in fact true.

So considering Irwin Keyes' comments contradict with what Zombie said I'm starting to wonder if we will in fact see a continuation after Reject's. They're probably not planning on anything but if the sequel does remarkably well I bet they'll consider it. That is if any of them survive. :dead:

Thanks for the update Caesar, hopefully you got yourself some autographs. :D

2-1B
08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Hellboy, this is just my personal opinion, but I think Rob Zombie was likely telling Irwin Keyes that bit about the 3rd one either as an on-the-fly remark or to make him fell better about being MIA from the sequel. :D

Moseley said it's still not known who fathered Otis but he hopes/imagines that Dr. Satan is Otis's daddy. Purely speculation and NOT in the film.

Hell yeah I got some GREAT autographs !
I actually got Moseley and Haig last year at different shows so I was content there BUT they had 3 zombies from Dawn of the Dead (Nurse, Escalator, and Machete Head) and a CAST REUNION from Day of the Dead, 4 people to be exact:

Lori Cardille as Sarah
Antone DiLeo as Miguel
Gary Klar as Steele
Joe Pilato as Rhodes

Last but not least, Mr. George F****** Romero himself ! ! !

It was like a dream come true ! :crazed:

Anyway, I'm off topic so I'll sum up with:

Devil's Rejects = cool looking :D

Hellboy
08-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Thats sweet Caesar, man am I jealous. We rarely, if ever get any cool conventions like that in the NW. :cry: I would love to meet Romero someday and I'm sure seeing the cast of Day was a cool experience as well. Sounds like a Dead fans dream.

As far as Rejects goes you're probably right. Who knows though maybe he does appear in the sequel and dies during the rumored police raid and Zombie and co. are just trying to throw us off. Otherwise why would he bother attending the Rejects Q&A?

I'm just glad we have less than 6 months to go before this hits. :D

2-1B
08-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Oops, I wasn't clear enough on that - Keyes did not attend the Q&A, I asked him about being in the sequel while I was at his autograph table. I honestly didn't know if Keyes was in the 2nd film so I asked him and that's what he said.

Funny thing is, throughout the day while I wandered around, I heard him tell many other people the same story. :)

Romero, man was that ever a treat. Did you see the current documentary on the Day of the Dead DVD ? George described the Day fans as being "the real trolls" of the saga as he grinned and rubbed his hands together.

So I went up to him for my signed photo and I asked him to inscribe it to me with "To Tony, a real troll" since I love Day of the Dead - he loved it ! It made him laugh so that made my day. :D

Hellboy
08-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Here are a few on-set images from Rejects courtesy of BD. The first pics of "super pimp" Charlie Altamont. :smoker:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2332&Template=newsfull

Hellboy
04-17-2005, 03:47 PM
There are a couple of trailers up at the official site now. Doesn't look like Rob is going to be pulling any punches with this one, very different looking than HO1C. Kind of has a 'Natural Born Killers' feel to it only it probably won't suck like that film did.

July 22nd is the films release date, only a little over 3 months away. :cool:

http://www.thedevilsrejects.com/main.html

2-1B
04-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I was at a convention yesterday and one of the guests was a lady from the upcoming Rejects, she plays "Mrs. Altamont" who is pimped by Ken Foree. Here is the pic I bought, she's the one on the right and I asked if she had any good quotes in the movie to inscribe so she wrote something about Pork Rinds. I guess Charlie Altamont tries to forcefeed pork rinds to somebody ? lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-31-2005, 11:57 PM
new trailer is up: http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/the_devils_rejects/trailer_2/

still not impressed by this flick, from what i've seen. And 5 points to the person who can tell me WTH that thing is running up the street at the end of the trailer. Weird. :sur:

Hellboy
07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I never would have imagined an advertisement for Rejects making the bottom of the forum's main page here at SSG, but there it is. :crazed: :cool:

Looking forward to seeing this but unfortunately I have to wait until the Monday after it's release to see it. :ermm:

2-1B
08-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Wow, I missed the news of Matt McGrory's death on August 9th, I just found out about it now. That's sad, he seemed like a really nice guy. Just a week and a half before he died I got to meet him at a convention and shake his hand, I got a signed pic from Big Fish (as much as I liked Corpses and Rejects, Big Fish is awesome) so I got a pic of him wioth Ewan McGregor.

Anyway, I thought the guy deserved a mention about his passing so I put it here.

RIP Mr. McGrory

Hellboy
08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Man, I hadn't heard about this, how sad. :cry:

I did a Goolgle search to find out what happened after reading your post Caesar and apparently he was thought to have died from natural causes. Dying at the age of 32 seems far from natural but maybe thats average for a person of his size, I'm not really sure. :(

RIP big guy.

2-1B
08-16-2005, 01:27 AM
From what I've read it sounds like people with his stature have a life expectancy of under 50 . . . I noticed at the convention that when he left his table to go and do the Q&A he went in a wheel chair and stayed there while he did the Q&A with Mosely and Haig but I figured that had to do with the difficulty in moving through a crowded show or something.

2-1B
11-09-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm really impressed by this DVD. :)

Last night I watched the movie which is fantastic, then I watched the tribute to McGrory which was very short but I'm sure they didn't have time to shoot any comments from the cast and crew so that's understandable. Then I watched the deleted scenes and went to bed.

Okay, that Dr. Satan / Rosario Dawson scene was AWESOME and I wish it was left in ! :( I can see how it doesn't "fit" into the movie, I guess, but it's not anywhere near as out of place as I was led to believe. That scene is a great answer to the question of whether they did or didn't find the Good Doctor's lair. lol
Also, the pork rinds deleted scene finally answered the questions I had. :D

That's all I've watched so far but the documentary appears to be a real treat, I mean the thing runs at over 2 hours and 20 minutes. Wow, that sounds incredible and I wish they would have done the same with Sith !

The two commentaries should both be very good, I'm especially looking forward to hearing Rob (I hope) talk more about his decision to take out the albino factor regarding Otis, to make it more realistic.

plasticfetish
11-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Picked up the disk (at Target for $15) this morning, and I'm looking forward to watching it tonight... considering that I missed the film when it was in theaters. :rolleyes:

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Just got it tonight. Maybe if the wife isn't watching Law & Order I'll put it on. Not likely since L&O is on 24/7:D

Hellboy
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I watched the film for the first time last night and thought it was a really great movie. Even though I had heard it was very different than HO1C I still wasn't prepared for just how different. As much as I loved the first film I think Rob was smart going a different direction with this sequel because it was very interesting seeing the Firefly clan forced out of their over the top environment and into the real world.

William Forsythe does some great work here too. I particularly loved the torture scene because of the tables being turned on Spaulding, Otis and Baby. I was also glad to see that most of the supporting characters were represented here too. Obviously Grandpa couldn't be there because of the actors death and I would have loved to see Rivelli and/or Dr. Satan again but overall I was very satisfied. The opening scene with Tiny was one of my favorites even though it was rather simplistic and his reemergence at the end was also very fitting.

I think my biggest surprise with Devil's Rejects was the music. It fit perfectly but was a total departure from the creepy Halloween feel established in HO1C. It made me feel like I was watching a cross between Bonnie and Clyde and Easy Rider.

I'm planning on watching the extras today and can't believe that the documentary is actually longer than the film itself. Should prove to be pretty interesting stuff and all for $15, what a bargain. :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Good post Hellboy, I agree with pretty much all of it - you nailed the Bonnie and Clyde reference, or at least what Rob was going for, and you'll hear that in the extras. Also he talks about the cartoony feel of the first one vs. the feel he wanted for this next one.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the deleted Doc Satan scene. In the director commentary Rob points out that the doctor is in that ambulance pulling away during the footage but you can't actually see him.

As for Grandpa, I'm glad they didn't bring him back. Of course it would have been cool to see him like you said, but I prefer this to recasting him because in my mind I just assume he died between movies, I mean he was old enough to have a natural death.

scruffziller
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Whoever did the gore special effects for the "highway" scene is a god. The over the top comments and jokes were just too awesome. My friends and I were laughing our arses off. Especially those deleted scenes. The "French Tickler" and "Otis and (forget the girl's name) make funky music". Was pants peeing funny. NOW THAT'S ALL AMERICAN FOR YA!!!!!!:D

2-1B
11-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Candy was Otis' plaything in that scene and the makeup head was Wayne Toth. In the documentary footage you can see more blood being added to the highway scene, I think Rob Zombie got personally involved with that.

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey, I want in on The Devils Rejects talk!! :thumbsup:
I watched it for the first time this weekend and I thought it was great. I liked HO1C but this one here was a notch above IMO. I still think Cap'n Spaulding is great, and I loved when the Sheriff said to that Hollywood guy not to talk junk on Elvis again!! That was great, Elvis rules....
And Diamond Dallas Page!! Holy crap, what a shock that was to me. One minute you've got a girl's guts all over the road then you see the Sheriff talking to DDP. Holy cow.
Ok I am hungry now. Time to get me some Tooty F'n Fruity ice cream.

2-1B
11-14-2005, 01:39 AM
I loved when the Sheriff said to that Hollywood guy not to talk junk on Elvis again!! That was great, Elvis rules....

I love that part, too ! :grin:

Get this, during the commentary Rob said that it was Forsythe who came up with that, the idea that there is one thing Wydell would get upset over and that was The King. So Rob liked the idea and went with it.

I sure do love that William Forsythe, he's a real talent IMO. :)

JetsAndHeels
11-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I sure do love that William Forsythe, he's a real talent IMO. :)

Wasn't he the cop in the first Deuce Bigalow movie?

Anyway, I figured someone would speak up in Elvis' defense, at least that was what I hoped for. When Forsythe did I loved it. That guy rocks and he was a great choice for that role.

And how about that brilliant line "If you weren't a cop I'd ring your neck"...you don't say that in a room full of cops. Geez lol
Guy was asking for it, but I loved the way it played out!!

scruffziller
11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Wasn't he the cop in the first Deuce Bigalow movie?

Yes he was. But I enjoyed him most of all as Al Capone in the Untouchables TV series. And his role in GOTTI.
He was astounding in this film. It seemed interesting in the bloopers with him that when he goofs he wasn't even laughing like most did. He was so into it that he didn't let humor get in his way. Now that's a hard-arse actor!!!!

Hellboy
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Well I made my way through all of the extras this weekend with the exception of watching the film with the commentary on. The documentary was very interesting and answered many of the questions I had about the film. Seeing Rob at work I have no doubt this guy has a bright future ahead of him should he choose to continue making movies. His respect for the craft and the way he handles himself was very impressive.

I loved the deleted scenes, especially those that expanded on Charlie's gang and I think they would've worked well if left in the actual film. The Dr. Satan Scene was cool (talk about shocking and bloody) but I can understand why Rob decided to cut it because of it feeling out of place. If the good doctor was to be in this movie I think it would've worked best if we were to see the cops discover his lair after the ambush at the Firefly compound or possibly a quick flash of a news reporter commenting on him being found and in the background you see him being loaded into the ambulance.

Overall this is easily my favorite horror movie of the year and is definitely one of the best DVD releases as well. Hopefully Rob takes the time to revisit HO1C and give it a similar treatment and possibly finish the Director's Cut he has mentioned in the past.

2-1B
11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Forsythe was awesome as Sammy the Bull in Gotti and I also liked him in Out for Justice. The other day I saw him again in Raising Arizona.

Hey Hellboy, it sure sounds like Rob is going to continue in movies, I read an interview awhile back where it sounded like he's pretty much done with music since the touring would keep him from making movies. But I hope he records some new stuff for soundtracks over the years because I do love his albums. :)

Turbowars
11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Rob has stated his next film will not be a horror flick.

I would like to share something with you about Rob. 1st I have always liked his music and have really liked both of his films. I have meet him and he came off as a real nice guy (Love his wife, if you think she's a hottie on screen man shes a beautiful woman off screen) but I think his success has gone to his head or many friends and others think so.

Last week when DR came out on Tuesday about 9 actors and behind the scene people were going to sign the DVD at a mom & pop horror shop down the street from me in Burbank CA. It's a great little store and they have celebrity book and movie signings all the time. The shop is called Dark Delicacies and Rob has been a long time customer. The store has a new forum just like this one and the owner Del made a comment on DR. To make it short, Del said it was a small gem and he liked it. He did say something negative about the choice of music in the film. I personally loved the music. If anyone cares, I can link the post later, LMK.

So a day before the signing the store finds out by a friend that Rob is pulling everyone out of the signing because he didn't like the comment Del made. Come on people, you aren't suppose to read reviews when your in the biz and I though he was a bigger man than that.

The worst part of this is there were fans that flew in for this signing. The store had to eat 200 copies of DR and I didn't get my poster signed that Rob, Sheri, and Matt signed at the SDCC.

I still like his work, but I thought what he did to the fans was crappy.

Another thing I was thinking, maybe it wasn't Rob. It might had been Lion's Gate. Hell who really knows.

2-1B
11-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I'd be curious to read that link, Turbs. :)

Turbowars
11-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Here you go.

http://www.darkdel.com/SMF/index.php?topic=18.0

They locked the thread down. I'll have to go in and ask them whats up?

Hellboy
11-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Well thats not very cool but since we're only hearing one side of the arguement I'll refrain from forming an opinion myself. Chances are there is a lot more to this than we're hearing but regardless the fans shouldn't be the people who get the short end of the stick.

That was an interesting read Turbo, thanks for sharing.

2-1B
02-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Rob has stated his next film will not be a horror flick.

I wish that was true (unless we're counting his involvement in Grindhouse)...because Halloween wasn't that good. :cry:

I am long overdue for another Devil's Rejects viewing, though, that's for sure!