PDA

View Full Version : Jabba and Jabba's Denizens at KMart

Indysolo007
03-02-2004, 06:29 PM
I just found the Jabba and Jabba's Denizens figures at KMart in SouthEasten PA!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2004, 06:31 PM
I see you're new, but I also see you've already got some bad reputation points. Welcome, I guess.

Congrats on your find! These have been popping up in several places for the last few weeks. This belongs in the "Just Found (USA)" Section.

Kidhuman
03-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Its not bad rep. points, its just turned off

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Whoa weird, I just noticed it says different things when you scroll over the green or black thing. I'm on a distinguished road and you will become famous soon enough. That's really odd.

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Odd.......that I will be famous? How dare you................... :mad: :mad: :crazed: :crazed: :beard:

TheDarthVader
03-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Thank you for this post! I never go to K-Mart for star wars. After reading this, I decided to check my K Mart and sure enough...a Jabba and the Denizens waiting for me to grab! I got both of them! $10.99 is not too bad considering they go for $9.96 at Wal Mart. It was worth it to get these two into my collection. Thanks again!

B.
TDV

bobafrett
03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I went to K-Mart, and found only a messy disarray of toys. They had two of the winged Watto's, and that was it. I'm glad to see other folks are finding them at there K-Marts.

Jaff
03-05-2004, 05:12 AM
What is up with K-Mart. Last week I saw the Rappertunie wave at my local K-Mart, and this week I picked up the Jabba and B'Omarr sets. It's pretty awesome how the old K is supplying collectors with new stuff, at least for some of us.

plasticfetish
03-05-2004, 12:28 PM
I visited K-Mart this morning. In the immortal words of Charley Brown, "All I got was a rock."

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Iwatched RainMan the other night and couldnt helpbut agree........KMART SUCKS!!!

BoShek
03-06-2004, 08:10 PM
I live in NEPA. I'll check mine too.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2004, 05:54 PM
The K-Mart here in Bellingham, WA has had empty pegs the last couple times I've gone in. Haven't found much of anything there since some early 2003 figs. I did find Jabba and Jabba's Denizens today at a Fred Meyer here though.

BoShek
03-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I went to K Mart and there he was: Jabba! I was so excited. But then I looked him over. HE'S TOO SMALL! So I didn't buy him. :(

Kidhuman
03-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Dude, why pass him up on size? He is a great figure and who knows when we will get another?

bobafrett
03-09-2004, 12:37 AM
I went to K Mart and there he was: Jabba! I was so excited. But then I looked him over. HE'S TOO SMALL! So I didn't buy him. :(

Size matters not, Judge him by his size do you? And where you should not, for a better Jabba figure, Hasbro will not make! :D

This from the 5' 09" Stormtrooper.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Jabba's the correct size. People have said this a million times before, stop complaining folks! Look at Bib Fortuna in ROTJ, he's on the dais with Jabba and he's slightly taller than Jabba. They're on the dais so they look larger than everyone else. This figure is the right size.

Anyway . . . toysrus.com has his Denizens in stock and him on out-of-stock (he was in yesterday). I ordered the Denizens as I already had Jabba. Check it out if you can't find them!

BoShek
03-11-2004, 10:08 PM
I also saw the three pack of his goons. I passed on them. I don't know, they don't impress me. I have the monk already.

But I may get both Jabba and friends. Not much Star Wars to buy anyways.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Haven't been to K-Mart for awhile. Usually they are a wave or two behind other stores, but I did find a lot of the 3 pack figures there, last December.

Besides, I miss hunting down those blue light specials.

Kidhuman
03-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Haven't been to K-Mart for awhile. Usually they are a wave or two behind other stores, but I did find a lot of the 3 pack figures there, last December.

Only if a wave counts as a year.My K-mart is about 2 years behind.

Jaff
03-21-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm with Jabba John on the issue of Jabba's size. The figure has a curved tail, so he looks small. I sat this Jabba next to the vintage Jabba and their the same size. However if the new Jabba's tail was straight it would actually hang off the dias, so in retrospect this Jabba is bigger than the Vintage Jabba making it way more to scale. The only problem I really have with this Jabba is his scene specific drool (which is too bright), and he's hands which can not even hold his food or his hooka pipe!

kool-aid killer
03-22-2004, 09:38 AM
I also saw the three pack of his goons. I passed on them. I don't know, they don't impress me. I have the monk already.

Bubo makes the set. If it werent for him i might have passed on them too. I slept well last night knowing Bubo was now in my collection.

I picked them up at Walmart. But nothing else of the Endor wave was on the pegs so i was a bit letdown.

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 12:03 PM
The Endor wave hasnt come out yet. The SD wave is just starting, then ther Endor Wave and then OTC collection. The Ewok GLider is slated for late April. It will be released with all the other Ultras fromthis year as well.

kool-aid killer
03-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Oh, im sorry, i meant to say Jabbas Palace wave. I liked the photos on the back of Rappertunie, JQuille, and the other alien. Very cool. They looked to have decent articulation too. Too bad this seems like its going to be a slow year for us.