PDA

View Full Version : PADME UNLEASHED "PERKY"

The real Luke
03-04-2004, 02:56 AM
Is it true about these being recalled, because it seems kind of odd that there is 25 recalled ones to 1 non recalled one on ebay. Shouldn't there be way fewer recalled ones? Also they both appear the same to me.

Beast
03-04-2004, 04:49 AM
No, the Unleashed Padme was never recalled. It was a BS story invented to get suckers to drop massive cash on the figure when she first came out. And it's propogated, because she's been out of production for some time. Ebay, a wretched hive of scum and villany. You must be cautious. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The real Luke
03-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks. I thought it seemed kind of fishy. I hate evilBAY. Well I don't hate it just the scammers. Why can't people just be honest? The figure would still bring in a decent amount of cash.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-04-2004, 03:07 PM
The best advice I can give is to do a little research on any items you're bidding on, before you place a bid. I've bought expensive books on ebay, which are still in print, often new, that I wanted to get for a price much less than the cover price. My jaw drops everytime I see a $50.00 book being offered, which can be bought through Amazon for $35.00, new, with bids on ebay ranging up to $65.00, with hours left to bid. What are these people thinking?

I see the same thing with toys. My son likes Godzilla toys, which are not cheap, so I always try and get him stuff for reasonable amounts on ebay. Stuff that's new, and plentiful through online stores is often selling on ebay for more than $30.00 above the high end of the retail market.

So, shop around first, ask questions, and most importantly decide how much the item is really worth to you, and how much you want it. Most SW items, no matter how scarce, is still plentiful enough that it will show up again if you let it go the first time. Often, once the heat's died down on an item, it will sell for much less.

Remember when the R2's with the holographic Leias were selling for $50+. Take a look now and you'll see plenty going for under $10.00.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-04-2004, 03:11 PM
I accidentally posted without concluding with the most obvious and telling observation on ebay about those "rare" items. Eveytime you come across an item listed as "rare" and "impossible to find" notice how many dozens of the same item are being offered, also described as "rare" and "hard to find." This will give you an indication of how "rare" and "Hard to find" these items truly are.

Kidhuman
03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
The only reason they are HTF or rare is because scalpers bought every one of them and posted it on Ebay.

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 12:35 PM
I found two RARE HTF perky Padme's on my trip to WV last week...they were stashed above the rest of the figures at TRU in those overhead bins.

Her nipplege is very obvious, and probably shoulda been recalled, but these are more aimed at collectors than kids, so I see no harm in adding some anatomical correctness in this case. Maybe it was really cold on Geonosis...maybe ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2004, 01:25 PM
I found two RARE HTF perky Padme's on my trip to WV last week...they were stashed above the rest of the figures at TRU in those overhead bins.

Her nipplege is very obvious, and probably shoulda been recalled, but these are more aimed at collectors than kids, so I see no harm in adding some anatomical correctness in this case. Maybe it was really cold on Geonosis...maybe ;)
Especially in this picture. ;)
http://starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2003/07/imageattack20030722.html

Silent Chazz
03-06-2004, 05:30 PM
You know, I don't think a post about UNLEASHED figures belongs here in the Clone Wars Section. Should this be moved to Saga?

Val Da Car
03-06-2004, 08:15 PM
sure Saga is a good catch all place..while the line is still currently named that.

silentsteel70
03-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Well, I do alot of "shopping" on ebay, and always check on things I bid on (as per HTF or rare). The best item so far to me as a HTF or rare item that I got on ebay was the Master Replica Limited Edition Darth Vaders Lightsaber #1661 of 7500. New in box, with all orginal seals still intact!!!!!.....For a grand total of $132.00 including shipping. A saving of over two hundred dollars (this guy was alittle hard up for cash at Christmas, so I helped him out) ....:D ........So sometimes its worth shopping on ebay.

Kidhuman
03-07-2004, 01:17 AM
It is always worth shopping on Ebay. I do window shopping there every so often. Once in a while you get a really good deal. In your case you got a steal.

JediTricks
03-07-2004, 06:30 PM
This topic is getting a little much with the innuendo; the question has been answered, so I don't see a reason to move this to Saga. I'll close this thread here before anybody goes any further with the sexual comments and ends up in real trouble.