PDA

View Full Version : Anakin 2 Sabers

mdbulldog
12-10-2001, 10:56 PM
I saw this show on MTV about movie previews The AOTC one had a glimpse of Anakin fighting with 2 sabers.(green and blue) The show also had a trailer for Spider-Man.

Jedi Clint
12-10-2001, 11:19 PM
Cool!!!! Thanks for the heads up. I'm off to begin looking for screen caps! :)

GNT
12-11-2001, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mdbulldog
I saw this show on MTV about movie previews The AOTC one had a glimpse of Anakin fighting with 2 sabers.(green and blue)

Very interesting :)

Co Jo-Da
12-11-2001, 03:40 PM
WOW... If this is true it will go along way to ending the long standing debate over Anakin's sabers and why they keep changing colors. This is my theory from another thread and it looks like it's close to being proven.:D

Both Anakin and Obi-Wan have to escape the arena to chase Count Dooku to the hanger. During the course of their escape they grab what ever saber they can get (Anakin gets a BLUE one and Obi-Wan grabs a GREEN one) and keep on the Count. During the fight Obi-Wan will get knocked out leaving Anakin to fight him alone, so he grabs Obi-Wan's GREEN and fight Dooku (who has two RED sabers) with both sabers. As the battle goes on Dooku will lose one of his sabers and Anakin will lose the BLUE one, after a few more minutes of fighting Dooku will defeat Anakin by droping a crane on him.

Does anyone know when this show is on MTV now?

chewbacca71
12-11-2001, 08:28 PM
Show is on now, but they are on to Lord of the Rings.

Co Jo-Da
12-12-2001, 01:15 AM
SAW IT...THANKS CHEWBACCA71...;)

GNT
12-12-2001, 02:09 AM
Any pictures?

Co Jo-Da
12-12-2001, 08:51 PM
I WISH but theforce.net might have them up soon, I HOPE...

kit fristo
12-13-2001, 07:30 PM
:D dudes i hope anakin uses 2 sabers. think about it, how cool will that be????????????? so do u think dooku uses 2 sabers ? i dont know about that one but anakin should use 2. but in the arena he doesnt.
i carnt wait 4 ep2.
g2g
the KIT

kit fristo
12-14-2001, 12:10 AM
hey the kit here.

dudes its like this anakin has a blue lightsaber all through the film until he and padme reach geoneosin. there they are captured by geoneosins and jango rips of anakins blue saber. in the arena he picks up any saber witch happend to be a green one.

get me

the kit

BlahBlahBlah
02-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Okay, I haven't read the script going around and I just started getting into spoilers when toy Fair came around, but I've read about Anakin having two lightsabers in the final match with Dooku, and that the Hangar Duel figure will have both.

Why? I noticed in some pictures last night that he has a blue one and a green one. Is the green one Qui Gonn's? Cuz I also noticed Obi Wan has his old blue lightsaber-- the one that got kicked into the chasm by Maul. I suppose he could rebuild it, but still, that seems really odd.

Thanks for any help! :)

derek
02-17-2002, 10:31 AM
so far, qui gon's saber is no where to be seen in episode 2. the two sabers anakin will wield are most likley those he picked up from fallen jedi in the arena battle on geneosis.

BlahBlahBlah
02-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Huh, I hadn't even thought about the Genosis battle. I'm assuming the battle between Ani-Obi-Dooku takes place AFTER the Arena battle? Cuz I read someone else say they hoped they didn't cut between the Arena fight and the Jedi/Sith fight, like with Episode 1, so i'd assumed they'd be going on at the same time in different places.

Ack. I might as well go find the frikkin script...

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 01:37 PM
Both sabers are taken from fallen Jedi, because their lightsabers are taken when they are captured.

You can see Dooku's Geonosis speeder in the background. This is before the duel.

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Both Anakin and Obi-Wan use that blue saber during the duel at one point.

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Obi w/ blue saber.

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 01:40 PM
Which means that Anakin is using the green saber again when Dooku is using two saber.

Hope that helps a little.

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 02:05 AM
Wow, does that picture throw me for a loop. We know that Dooku has two Red Sabers at the beginning of the duel and the Anakin takes Obi-Wan saber at the half way point. What if Dooku loses one of his red saber and uses the force to take Anakin's blue one, maybe after he losses his hand?

BlahBlahBlah
02-18-2002, 07:02 AM
What if the other saber Dooku has is the classic Vader saber?

Maybe somewhere in the fight Anakin and Dooku lose one lightsaber and grab eachothers, Anakin ending up with the black handled, red lightsbaer he'll use as Vader.

Not likely, though, but a fun possibility.

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
Anakin ending up with the black handled, red lightsbaer he'll use as Vader.

Just remember that Count Dooku has a curved handle for this saber...

BlahBlahBlah
02-18-2002, 06:36 PM
I know his main one has a curved handle, but I hadn't heard of him having a second before I read this thread.

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 06:45 PM
I saw a picture somewhere of both Count Dooku's sabers and they were both curved...

Darth Ovori
02-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Hmmm... strange the toys have'nt revealed anything yet...

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 07:51 PM
See for your-self;

http://www.theprequels.com/images/dooku_saber.jpg

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=36

Lord Tenebrous
02-18-2002, 08:20 PM
There's only one red lightsaber, the one that we saw in the "Forbidden Love" trailer.

The real-scan is just a one-dimentional 360-degree view.

Co Jo-Da
02-19-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Which means that Anakin is using the green saber again when Dooku is using two saber.

I figured it out, this picture is from when Count Dooku is fighting Yoda not Anakin and Obi-Wan. Count Dooku is holding Anakin's saber, he force garbed it after Anakin and Obi-Wan got trapped under the huge crane. Just look at Dooku's face, he's afraid and on the defensive.