PDA

View Full Version : Target A-Wing Japanese

BanthaPoodoo
03-05-2004, 10:13 AM
I was at a local discount store & found an A-Wing Target exclusive for $11.

The strange thing about it is that it has Japanese labels affixed around the box in different places.

Has anybody seen one of these and what effect does it have on price?
Just wondering. Worth is not an issue with me, I got it cause it looked cool.

Thanks!

plasticfetish
03-05-2004, 12:23 PM
What store was it?

I don't know about price... or value, if that's what you're asking. As far as I know, the Japanese labeled items aren't any more rare or unique than ones without labels. Back a few years ago there was a shop here in the Los Angeles area that had tons of Japanese stickered POTF figures. There was no real difference in price/value from the "regular" POTF figures... it's really only a sticker that makes them different. I assumed that they had their stock shipped here in limited numbers by someone overseas, that way they could avoid having their own account with Hasbro.

But I know what you mean about it being "cool" looking. I've ended up keeping a few of the Japanese POTF figures carded, just because they're different. If the Japanese A-Wing has a unique paint variation or anything that makes it significantly different from the regular version, then maybe it would be more special. Other than that, it's simply a cool addition to your collection.

BanthaPoodoo
03-05-2004, 12:42 PM
It was a local store in Mississippi called Hudson's/Dirt Cheap.

Been buying Lego's there for a few months (AT-AT $8/Dagobah X-Wing & Yoda Hut $8).

This is the first figural item they have had & I knew I had to get it.... they usually only have one of each item. They are usually store returns but from what I have seen in perfect condition (at least what I have bought have been)

karinations
03-06-2004, 08:31 PM

Been buying Lego's there for a few months (AT-AT $8/Dagobah X-Wing & Yoda Hut $8).

This is the first figural item they have had & I knew I had to get it.... they usually only have one of each item. They are usually store returns but from what I have seen in perfect condition (at least what I have bought have been)

AT-AT Lego sets for $8?

Ebay time!

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

plasticfetish
03-07-2004, 04:24 AM
...and they have a Web site...

http://www.hudsonsalvageinc.com

Sounds like a great place to score toys! They specialize in "salvaged merchandise, closeouts, end of season goods, irregulars, customer returns, freight or warehouse damages, bankruptcies, or foreclosed products."
Man... I'm jealous.

BanthaPoodoo
03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
That is how I scored my mail in B'Omarr Monk. I went to Hudsons and bought I think 8 or 10 figures (been a while since I sent em off!) for around $75-$1.50 each. So I got a really great deal.

I love having it right near my office, they have great stuff over there.