PDA

View Full Version : Target to drop SW?

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I just saw this article (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=46538) on another website. Think of the ramifications if it is true. DarthChuckMC can you confirm?

My only question is what merchandise was he seeking? Old, new or yet to come out?

plo koon 200
03-05-2004, 04:00 PM
If this is for Basic Figures then I am really scared. Target has been my main provider of Basic Figures for the past year. I can never find anything at Wal-Mart. And the last wave I found was the Tatooine wave.

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 04:03 PM
That was the last wave I found as well. After that I have really found nothing new at any store.

TheDarthVader
03-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Same here. Last figures I bought at Target were Bar2-D2, Jedi Luke Cloak, and R1-G4. There has been nothing new since then. What the h*ll is going on here? :Ponder:

rust
03-05-2004, 06:58 PM
*Swares* F*** you Target!

Now I'm ******. My KB is going byebye, and we're getting a Target, but now they're dropping the line! I'm screwed. KMart still has 02 figs! Im really screwed.

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Well, I just talked with DarthChuckMc and he is a toy manager at Target. He thinks it means the Saga line is being discontinued since it is ending. That makes sense to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Whoa, this is a form letter, and did it even say what she asked about? It might have been the sandcrawler, or one of the old 12" figures. They're not dropping the figures anytime soon, they still have the cups, and Hasbro said they'd carry the OTC figures this fall.

Adam
03-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Didn't Target clearance the last wave of the old Saga Card? Maybe this guy is confused..

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 07:45 PM
They clearanced the last of the 03 merch. The Glod Card is still Saga line.

Turbowars
03-05-2004, 08:18 PM
This is funny. Why would Target drop SW toys? They fly right off the pegs! They didn't when Ep1 was out, but that was Hasbro's and Targets fault.:rolleyes:

DarthChuckMc
03-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Yes, it's TRUE!!!! Target is getting rid of SAGA figures.....6 new DPCIs are in our system for OTC basics, classics, Millennium Falcon, mid-size (X-wing & TIE), basic sabers, & electric sabers.

087-06-0758 will go away, once HASBRO stops shipping them, and starts the OTC waves.

087-06-0325 & 087-06-0326 are gone though...those were Collection 1 and Collection 2 basics from '03.

The screen scenes are going away as well. The spot they used to clog the shelves, is now being occupied by the Exclusive Figure w/ cups line.

The 1st wave is evenly packed....2x Darth Maul, 2x Ben Kenobi. 4 in a case sucks, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

Darth Jax
03-05-2004, 09:02 PM
remember walmart was gonna drop all but the basic figs after their fiasco with the cantina sets. and remember how long it was before the rescinded that decision and announced they would again carry nearly the full line (not that you can find them, but they do have the empty pegs).

as long as there are star wars figs being produced and they continue to sell, the major chains will devote an ever-dwindling amount of space to them. not until hasbro is ready to kill off the line will they truly be discontinued.

karinations
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
I doubt they are dropping the basic line figures, that would make no sense that's the main part of the line.
Although...
I really haven't seen any myself at Target lately.
Last few iv'e been to just have the animated CW figures and pegs of General Reekan, Wampa and C3PO with escape pod.
I never dreamed a Wampa would be a peg warmer.

-V-

Tycho
03-06-2004, 12:13 AM
DarthChuckMC and all others:

1) I have found the Whipid, Lando, Rappertune, Luke Hologram wave at Wal-Mart, though that was over a month ago.

The Gold Leader, TIE Pilot, Elom, Dodonna, Antilles wave is also supposedly out there, but I've declined from shopping lately, having business priorities. Now I might go out there and try and snag a few since the 2 Jabba goons I want a lot of.

I never heard of anyone finding these at Target. They are all bluecards.

Ozzel, Dengar, Bossk comprise the next wave I believe. I think they are all still on blue cards. Through corporate error on Target's part, it sounds like they will NEVER receive these figures. Am I correct? Or the Vader Meditation Chamber Ultra Figure and the Obi-Wan, Jango Kamino repacks?

Target is selling itself short, because all this stuff is supposed to come out before I guess the Dagobah and Bespin stuff we saw at Toy Fair is supposed to come out on BLACK cards - the new SKU that Target will carry.

Is that correct?

2) Clone Wars annimated figures - I was lukewarm to these and didn't get the 2 Yodas, 2 Durges, and the extra Ventress and Anakin I wanted (as I am still not sure I really want them - but the threat of not getting them sure peps me up to trying).

WILL THE CLONE WARS ANIMATED FIGURES - a TARGET EXCLUSIVE - continue shipping so we all can get another chance?

3) The solution right now is for all of you to shop Wal-Mart at 7am, or wait for Toys R Us to get these figures in and carry the remainder of the Saga figures, hoping that Ozzel et. all WILL ship, and that they will not be scarce.

Our letter-writing campaign thread is still available and had an impact on Wal-Mart previously. Perhaps we can have an impact on Target, though it must be re-edited to specify Clone Wars animated figures, new screen scenes, and specifically OLD SKU Saga figures (blue cards) listing the new ones yet to come out before the black cards hit.

darthzirock
03-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Our letter-writing campaign thread is still available and had an impact on Wal-Mart previously. Perhaps we can have an impact on Target, though it must be re-edited to specify Clone Wars animated figures, new screen scenes, and specifically OLD SKU Saga figures (blue cards) listing the new ones yet to come out before the black cards hit.

I wrote to Target back in January and they replied on Feb. 24th. Their reply is in the Letter-writing Campaign thread, here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=313541&postcount=68). No mention of dropping SW toys at all. I think everybody just overreacted. Target is dropping the Saga & animated Clone Wars lines, because Hasbro is phasing them out, that's all.

bobafrett
03-06-2004, 08:03 AM
I don't see why Target would drop the animated Clone wars line, first it's a target exclusive, and second, the figures pretty much move. I have yet to find any animated figures warming the pegs. Plus from what I understand, Target and LFL had a meeting in Minneapolis not to long ago, and it was a big promotional campaign for the new OTC line.

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 11:56 AM
The animated Clone Wars line isn't going away yet. Their haven't been any revisions given to me for Toys since this past weeks Figure w/ cup, and our Pokemon/Sports Pick aisle flipped around.
If any BIG changes happen, I'll let everyone now as soon as I can. I can't tell you guys too much information, because it is confidential information, and I could get in a lot of trouble for blabbing everything on here, but I'll let you all know what I can, when I can.

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 12:02 PM
On a side note...there was an article not too long ago, about HASBRO, MATTEL, TOY BIZ, and other toy makers being ticked off at WalMart, because they undercut everyone elses prices so much. This is part of the reason FAO, KB, and possibly TRU are "restructering". They lost so much money this past X-mas, because we were battling Walmart in prices, and the other retailers couldn't keep up money wise.
Supposedly, the Toy makers are going to ship less HOT toys to Walmart this year, unless they get their act together. Sure, low prices are great for consumers, but when you are running entire chains out of business, it hurts everyone in the long run.
With 3 less retailers being around to sell the toys, it gives collectors less options for finding NEW stuff, and relying on 2 store chains (Walmart and Target), doesn't always guarentee every collector every toy.

darthzirock
03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
The animated Clone Wars line isn't going away yet. Their haven't been any revisions given to me for Toys since this past weeks Figure w/ cup, and our Pokemon/Sports Pick aisle flipped around.
If any BIG changes happen, I'll let everyone now as soon as I can. I can't tell you guys too much information, because it is confidential information, and I could get in a lot of trouble for blabbing everything on here, but I'll let you all know what I can, when I can.

Well, unless there is going to be a wave 3, what I meant was that Target will sell whatever's left in stock, THEN the animated CW wave will be "done." However, if DarthChuckMc knows differently about the animated CW line, then ... ;)

kool-aid killer
03-06-2004, 12:16 PM
I dont think Star Wars will be disappearing from Targets pegs anytime soon, weve been through worse and the line is still going. I am confident that we will find Star Wars toys being carried by Target in the future.

Banthaholic
03-06-2004, 12:17 PM
I won't give to much credibility to the notion of SW stopping caring SW. Just another one of the freakout, hypotheitical threads RS is known for.

If you're worried just read the Hasbro Q&A, in it is wais that the OTC will be carried by Wal-mart, Target & TRU. Stop of the Saga, yes, but with the release of the OTC we all knew that anyhow.

Tycho
03-06-2004, 12:22 PM
They still seem to be phasing out the Saga line too early. Figures Target seems to plan to NOT sell include:

Whipid
Lando Skiff
Luke Jedi Holo
Rappertune
Elom
General Dodonna
Captain Antilles
TIE Pilot
Gold Leader
Admiral Ozzel
Bossk
Dengar

Ultra Vader w. Meditation Chamber
Ultra Obi-Wan Kamino (re-release)
Ultra Jango Fett Kamino (re-release)

Figures Target DOES plan to carry will include:

Luke Dagobah - June
Yoda Dagobah - June
R2 Dagobah - June
Spirit Obi-Wan - June
Leia Bespin - July
Lobot - July
Cloud Car Pilot - July

VS OT Luke Tatooine - Aug
VS OT Han Solo - Aug
VS OT Obi-Wan - Aug
VS OT Princess Leia - Aug
VS OT Chewbacca - Sep
VS OT C-3PO - Sep
VS OT Lando - Sep
VS OT Darth Vader - Sep
VS OT Boba Fett - Oct
VS OT R2D2 - Oct
VS OT Stormtrooper - Oct
VS OT Yoda - Oct

THE BOTTOM LINE BEING IT WON'T BE WORTH SHOPPING AT TARGET UNTIL JUNE AT THE EARLIEST???

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Well...I don't KNOW differently, I just know they'll be there for a while. I don't think I get anymore toy revisions until at least June...so everyone should get another chance to find them before they're gone for good.

I "think" they're going to go once the OTC starts coming in. The Classics will most likely get the Animated spot, and OTC will take place of SAGA. I'm not clear on where the Falcon will be going, but it is in our system. The mid-size will be where the CW vehicles are now, and the lightsabers (electric) will probably go where the figures with cups are. Right now, we have LOTR stuff on the shelf under basics (next to the cups), but those will probably phase out by my next set.

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 12:28 PM
My store got the Jabba's Palce wave in in January. We had the Yavin wave with Jabba's Palace figures mixed in last week. The only thing left in SAGA is the Star Destroyer wave and possibly Endor.

I wasn't sure the Vader w/ Meditation Chamber was confirmed. I thought the Ewok and glider was coming 1st...maybe I'm wrong....

Banthaholic
03-06-2004, 12:32 PM
I wasn't sure the Vader w/ Meditation Chamber was confirmed. I thought the Ewok and glider was coming 1st...maybe I'm wrong....
I also thought Ultra Vader is just a rumor at this point.

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 12:49 PM
I eagerly await this one as well, but I think Ultra is gonna hit the breaks after the repack Jango and Obi-wan come out. Those 2 will probably be as rare as the 1st versions were....go figure....

AH HA!!! Maybe THAT'S where the new OTC package sabers will go....they'll kill the Ultra line (HASBRO not Target), and the electronic sabers will hang in the long boxes instead of the shelf style....just thinking...I KNOW nothing...

DarthChuckMc
03-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Sorry for the multiple posts...my girlfriend is at work, and I'm just brainstorming like crazy today...must be something in the Diet Coke ;)

We were supposedly going to get 6 Ultras this year right? We've got 3PO, Riekeen, Wampa, Jabba, Denizens....the Ewok IS coming, and the Jango/Obi will make 8.....so, the question is, if Ultra Vader is coming for the Star Destroyer wave, and the Ewok is coming for the Endor wave....are we still going to get something for Cloud City, Dagobah, or is OTC going to carry on the Ultra line?

Hmmm.....I'll have to do some digging at work tonight...:D

Turbowars
03-06-2004, 01:34 PM
I eagerly await this one as well, but I think Ultra is gonna hit the breaks after the repack Jango and Obi-wan come out. Those 2 will probably be as rare as the 1st versions were....go figure....You think so? Those 2 are the worst Deluxe besides the flipping hunks of crap.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure the Meditation Chamber isn't coming. We would've seen pictures by now, I bet. Maybe it could come later in the year, but not right now.

I really hope the letter was referring to Saga figures with the OTC coming. They shouldn't "discontinue" yet as I've yet to see the Jabba's Palace, Yavin, or other waves yet and they haven't even had a steady supply of them anyway. The only thing they can do right is get the animated figures on the shelves. At least they have space for figures . . . oh wait, that does NO ONE any good.

Kidhuman
03-06-2004, 02:15 PM
The Vadedr meditation chamber is only rumored. It would be nice to get it but it wont happen since they ship Ultras in packs of three. First was 3PO wampa and Rieekan. Then Jabba, Denizens and Wampa, Last is Obi, Jango and Ewok. Unless Hasbro has plans for OTC Ultras, we wont see the Med. Chamber this year.

plasticfetish
03-06-2004, 04:49 PM
The screen scenes are going away as well.
Any idea (if you can say) when and if these might get marked down?

DarthChuckMc
03-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Screen Scenes are no longer on our planogram, so they WILL get marked down....no word on when exactly...but I can get with the Pricing Team on Monday and give y'all the scoop.

Val Da Car
03-09-2004, 03:19 PM
DMC....

At the Target nearest to my work today I noticed that the Saga Scenes are gone and so are the shelf tags.

The shelf tag has been replaced by the one for the collector glasses.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Maybe they were talking about the screen scenes, then? I thought Hasbro was gonna update their site about it, but maybe not.

bobafrett
03-09-2004, 06:03 PM
DMC....

At the Target nearest to my work today I noticed that the Saga Scenes are gone and so are the shelf tags.

The shelf tag has been replaced by the one for the collector glasses.

Val Da Car, Did you check the back endcaps? I know when Target puts toys on clearance, they are usually on the endcaps that face the rear of the store. I'm always looking there for clearanced toys.

Val Da Car
03-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Yep I poked around the back in the clearance sections and only found the GI Joe (Arena door rehash) Cobra Island.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Yep I poked around the back in the clearance sections and only found the GI Joe (Arena door rehash) Cobra Island.

I found the same thing at my Target (Orem, UT). All the CSs were gone, as were the tags, and there was no sign of them on the endcaps. Even if they were marked down to $10 there were so many that some should have hung around at least until store closing. I asked other area collectors and people who "work" in that dept. and no one knows where they went, if they were clearanced, or just sent back to Hasbro.

DarthChuckMc
03-12-2004, 06:15 PM
They are now NOP (not on planogram). They most likely went to the backroom, waiting for the Pricing Team to mark them down for the Clearance Endcaps. Some people are already finding them for 30, 50, even 70% off. Just keep checking those clearance areas towards the back of toys/sporting goods. They'll turn up cheap eventually :D

Kidhuman
03-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Reports on other boards have been as low as 4.88 for these on clearance.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Cool. Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping on.

Val Da Car
03-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Successful this morning..

Yavin wave found....must have been stuck in customs....