PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca's Manpurse

stillakid
03-07-2004, 09:59 PM
What's in it?

2-1B
03-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I don't know but it's very metrosexual of him. :)

Kidhuman
03-07-2004, 10:16 PM
You look through his fanny pack, I aint goin near him

Banthaholic
03-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Nice!!!! Thanks for the laugh, I never thought of it before.
Maybe his co-pilots license?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-07-2004, 10:40 PM
I always thought maybe it as a book containing the scripts to the prequels and a diagram of how everything in the PT COMPLETELY connected to the OT. I could be wrong though. :D

It's probably some tick spray, a comb, a pair of clippers and his cell phone in case of of his friends back on Kyshkk or however you spell it, are trying to get a hold of him for a late night game of Beer Pong or something. :crazed:

Tonysmo
03-07-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm going to assume it was filled with hair care products.. maybe a gel or two.. IV he kept it all combed back, with Empire he started to let it go.. The bed head gel if you will. In ROTJ he must've given them all up except the clippers. Too funny..

stillakid
03-08-2004, 08:30 AM
I've got the Unleashed Chewy sitting here in front of me next to the monitor and the manpurse is fairly prominent. Too bad it doesn't open. Sounds like an opportunity for some customization. :D

Exhaust Port
03-08-2004, 11:23 AM
That's is where he keeps pictures of Mala, Itchy and Lumpy. :)

mabudonicus
03-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I always sort of thought he had a rubber chicken or some sort of gag item...
Probably also contains a classic "groucho marx disguise" in case he has to go undercover...
Ohhhhh..... must resist using other terms for "man purse"(though it's hard to imagine worse, somehow)... for some silly reason this feels like the most dangerous thread I've participated in in some time :beard:
An ideal birthday laugh, good one Stilla!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2004, 05:06 PM
It's probably some tick spray, a comb
He already has one? Now what am I supposed to get him for Christmas? :crazed:

B'Omarr Monkey
03-08-2004, 10:42 PM
According to the "STAR WARS ENCYCLOPEDIA" that's where Chewie keeps a trail mix of wasaka berries and Scooby-Snacks.

bobafrett
03-09-2004, 12:33 AM
I figured he kept it around in case Luke and Han had to change into Stormtrooper armor, and needed some place to store their clothes. Either that, or he uses it for toll change. The Empire Taxes the galaxy!

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Tools and bowcaster bolts, most likely.

stillakid
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Are there fleas in outer space?

JediTricks
03-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Indiana Jones also wears a manpurse, and Chewbacca the Wookiee is based on the idea of Lucas's dog... who was named "Indiana", which is where Dr Jones got his first name. Coincidence???

Exhaust Port
03-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Chewbacca was based on a dog? That must have been on ugly dog.

Kidhuman
03-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Must of been one hairy dog.

JediTricks
03-15-2004, 05:32 PM
What the heck??? How could you guys not know this?
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chewbacca/?id=bts

TheDarthVader
03-17-2004, 02:47 PM
According to the Star Wars Visual Dictionary page 17, Chewbacca carries a few tools in the pouch (to fix the Millennium Falcon )
"as well as items he may be working on fixing in his spare time."

Source: The Star Wars Visual Dictionary ;1998 DK books;Reynolds.

I knew that Indiana was the name of Lucas' dog and that Chewbacca was created so that Lucas could pay homage to "Indiana". ;)

jjreason
03-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Boy, all this talk about Wookies and sacs makes me hope Boba Fett isn't decorating his armor with anything along those lines........ :( :D

plasticfetish
03-18-2004, 04:28 AM
THIS is a funny thread idea.
Gee, my dad used to carry a man purse in the 1970s... I'll have to try and remember what he used to keep in it. Car keys, address book, calculator, business cards, his wallet, nasal spray, check book, cassette tapes (Fleetwood Mack or Boston), photos of the kids and perhaps some really big sunglasses.

It's possible that Chewbacca may have carried any of these items as well.

Indiana Jones also wears a manpurse, and Chewbacca the Wookiee is based on the idea of Lucas's dog... who was named "Indiana", which is where Dr Jones got his first name. Coincidence???
OK. I'll tell you something, but you've gotta keep this one between us...
When I was a kid -- growing up in the S.F. bay area -- my father worked at the fashion mart in downtown San Francisco. There was this guy working on his floor, who he was pretty good friends with, that also (rumor has it) had a friend who was a "film maker." This guy's last name was "Wookie" and he just happened to be this big tall guy with a deep voice, a lot of shaggy hair and a huge beard. And that's the story as I knew it, from when I was a kid.

But don't go telling anybody. ;)

Kidhuman
03-18-2004, 06:54 AM
It will be our little secret PF.:D

Arrogant Arse
03-18-2004, 11:21 AM
OK. I'll tell you something, but you've gotta keep this one between us...
When I was a kid -- growing up in the S.F. bay area -- my father worked at the fashion mart in downtown San Francisco. There was this guy working on his floor, who he was pretty good friends with, that also (rumor has it) had a friend who was a "film maker." This guy's last name was "Wookie" and he just happened to be this big tall guy with a deep voice, a lot of shaggy hair and a huge beard. And that's the story as I knew it, from when I was a kid.

But don't go telling anybody. ;)
Yeah, but did he carry a Man-Purse?????:confused: :D

plasticfetish
03-18-2004, 03:01 PM
In the '70s, in San Francisco... there wasn't a man, woman, child or animal that didn't carry a purse.

JediTricks
03-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Er... yeah, nice story there PF, and I believe it too. Oh wait, this isn't the "Blatant Lies" thread. :D

All hail to the hypnotoad.

plasticfetish
03-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Well, I never knew for sure if there was any real connection, but I did always find it a little freaky that his name was Wookie... and he looked like one too. (Now that I remember it, his first name was Bill.) Nice guy though, but I still don't remember if he carried a manpurse or not.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-20-2004, 11:57 AM
According to the Star Wars Visual Dictionary page 17, Chewbacca carries a few tools in the pouch (to fix the Millennium Falcon )

Source: The Star Wars Visual Dictionary ;1998 DK books;Reynolds.

I'm surprised to hear :sur: that they neglected that he also stashes his vanity mirror in there.

As well as his roach clip. :rolleyes:

bobafrett
03-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Well it would make sense for Chewbacca to carry some tools. I imagine he would have need some to reassemble 3PO, and I doubt they had tools just laying around the bepsin prison cell.

stillakid
03-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Well it would make sense for Chewbacca to carry some tools. I imagine he would have need some to reassemble 3PO, and I doubt they had tools just laying around the bepsin prison cell.

The Queen's ship just happened to conveniently have a Midichlorian adder-upper on it, so why shouldn't there be random tools lying around the Star Wars Universe? :D

Pendo
03-21-2004, 11:55 AM
A friend of mine once met Peter Mayhew and asked what he kept in his pouch. Mayhew replied something along the lines of - "Sandwiches! My lunch for the day. But of course, as for Chewie himself, since Wookiees don't have pockets, he'd just put anything he'd need in there. Probably money and snacks."

:)

PENDO!

stillakid
03-21-2004, 04:34 PM
A friend of mine once met Peter Mayhew and asked what he kept in his pouch. Mayhew replied something along the lines of - "Sandwiches! My lunch for the day. But of course, as for Chewie himself, since Wookiees don't have pockets, he'd just put anything he'd need in there. Probably money and snacks."

:)

PENDO!

With that in mind, does anyone remember whether or not the female Wookies carried a purse? I "lost" my copy of the Holiday Special and can't check back to see.

plasticfetish
03-21-2004, 05:25 PM
That's a good question. From this photo found over at...

www.starwarsholidayspecial.com (http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/)

It looks like Chewy's the only one with a purse. The female wears an apron at one point, and they all wear robes, but no purses.

Hmmm, carrying a purse may only be... Chewbacca's bag.

(Ooh. Ouch.)

stillakid
03-21-2004, 06:24 PM
So Chewy has to carry the little woman's "femine hygiene" products when they go out? :eek:

Kidhuman
03-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Just think, every female wookie had tograb itwhen they ran tothe bathroom to discuss the men at the table.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2004, 08:27 AM
For a second I thought this thread was entitled "Chewbacca's Menopause"!!! :eek:

Kidhuman
03-23-2004, 08:33 AM
For a second I thought this thread was entitled "Chewbacca's Menopause"!!! :eek:

That would explain his mood changes. :beard:

stillakid
03-24-2004, 10:18 AM
That would explain his mood changes. :beard:

Hmm, maybe Hayden-Anakin is going through the same thing then... :ermm:

JEDIpartner
03-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Like Klymaxx once said... "The Men All Pause". :lol: