PDA

View Full Version : Lego Castle re-issues

Bosskman
03-08-2004, 01:22 PM
I just saw over on the lego shop site that 2 of the older lego castle sets have been re-released (the Black Falcon Fortress and the Guarded Inn) I want to get a couple of each but I don't know if they'll be in stores or just on the site. Does anybody know?

LusiferSam
03-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Both have been available for a while now. But only from S@H or Lego's stores. So no, they are not and will not be available in stores (i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, TRU etc).
But Black Falcon Fortress is one of the coolest castle set Lego ever made. And the Guarded Inn is true must have. They're both worth getting.

Exhaust Port
03-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Cool. The Black Falcon Fortress was the only castle in the series that I never got. Perhaps it's time to complete the set after all these years. :)

Bosskman
03-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll be getting these for sure. I already have the Guarded Inn from when I was a kid but the food flag is broken so I think I'll get a few of each, the extra pieces in both would be well worth it IMO.

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
These are also at Lego stores.

Kidhuman
03-10-2004, 01:16 AM
I need a Lego Store in my Area.

Bosskman
03-10-2004, 05:27 AM
I've never heard of a lego store, I doubt there are any in NB but are there any in the New England States. It would be well worth the trip I think, the very thought of a whole store full of legos is a dream come true.

Kidhuman
03-10-2004, 10:28 AM
What I did is I went to www.lego.com and typed in store locator in the search and it brought me to the section. Type in your info and it will list all specialty stores that sell Lego.

darthdeogg
03-23-2004, 01:12 AM
A reissue Black Falcon Fortress? I am SO all over that. It would go great with my original King's Castle.

Ji'dai
05-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I got the Guarded Inn re-issue but not the Black Falcon Fortress. Still kicking myself for that one.

The new Castle (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=473&d=70) sets are available over at LEGO Shop@Home. Valiant knights battle mounted skeleton warriors in this theme. The sets feature the new skeleton horses, which will likely appear in the Harry Potter line as well. The new horse can be cheaply had for about $6 if you get the 54-piece Crossbow Attack (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7090&cn=473&d=70), which comes with a black skeleton horse and rider.

DarthQuack
05-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I used to love the old school Castle sets from the 80's....also the Forest dudes as well.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 02:47 AM
OH MAN! I should have hit the LEGO store yesterday when I was at the mall, I walked right by figuring they wouldn't have anything new for another month. They often get an early initial shipment too.

Jargo
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Now why can't lego do some of the beamed wall panels in white and black or white and brown? I'd be all over a set that included those to construct some timbered houses. not to mention upper storeys on castle structures.

the yellow and red wall sections from castle sets of the black knights era are great but just a bit too colourful. needs a white or tan base with black or brown timber paint deco. and they so need to do a roofing tile that's textured like straw or printed like straw. with special capping bricks. or those 2x4/2x2 bricks that are smooth and arched with single row studs on top, print a stitch pattern across the bottom and it's work. a sloping roof brick with grooves in would work. like the 1x2 double sided grooved brick. but in pale yellow.

Jargo
07-19-2007, 08:22 AM
how about some army packs? take a couple of knights on horses, make one the hero knight the other just a backup knight, then add in some pikemen, archers and swordsmen. a couple of squires for the knights and do the same thing across a few sets with each one being a different fighting army. so you could have your bull knights and black falcon knights. wolf pack and scorpion knights, dragon knights and bat knights. crusader knights and serpent knights.each in their own set but allowing you to build your army without having to buy multiple castle sets containing buildings or seige towers. just the armed forces.
I'm ok with updating the look of the knights so they fit with the current crown army vs skeleton army. the knights kingdom revival of the dragon knights looked ok. I just think adding some old armies into the mix would be cool.
updating the forestmen could be cool too. less green and more earth tones and sharper paint deco on the torsos. more grungey looking. more like a guerilla fighting force than happy smiling robin hood and his affable charitable men. definitely need a friar Tuck like character though. and more maidens. farmers and peasants with pitchforks and scithes and axes and flaming torches. angry mob sort of thing.

Ji'dai
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Defend your coastal fortress from seafaring skeleton marauders in the
Skeleton Ship Attack (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7029&cn=473), yet another new offering in the new Castle theme listed over on LEGO Shop@Home. This one runs $70 and builds a harborside castle and a ship with tattered sails and glow-in-the-dark elements.

DarthQuack
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
It's a good idea....I just hate the fact that the boat is pretty much all one big piece, take the fun out of building.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Holy crap that looks like a cool set! $70 seems a tad high for a medium boat and a facade but dang the execution of that boat is cool.