PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Xbox style

Reefer Shark
03-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Just got the new Ninja Gaiden today and it kicks major @ss! What a fun game!

It plays a lot like Prince of Persia, only with much more frequent and intense fighting action. And you get a neat little weapon/inventory system. Great graphics too.

Anyone else check this one out yet?

JON9000
03-08-2004, 11:49 PM
This game needs to be available for PS2 so I can play it. I can't help but think about ninjas all the time. How they flip out and kill people is awesome. Does Ryu whup up on about 800 pirates in this game? Ninjas usually whup up on pirates.

Reefer Shark
03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
So far I've just been slashing up other ninjas in different colored outfits. No pirates yet. It's got a pretty easy & neat little combo system. And you come across some cool magic items & stuff. :cool:

Hellboy
03-09-2004, 05:24 PM
I saw this game today in the store and contemplated buying it. I decided to complete the newest Bond adventure first though but after that I might get this. The graphics look great and it sure took long enough for this to hit retail so hopefully it was worth the wait. I loved Prince of Persia too so if its similar I'll definately be checking it out.

jjreason
03-30-2004, 02:24 PM
The TV adds alone for this game make me want to hijack someone's X-Box and play it. I agree, we need a port to PS2 for this one. There's nothing better to base a video game on than Ninjas.

mabudonicus
03-30-2004, 08:54 PM
JJ, the x-box price was dropped today ahead of schedule, maybe after BC Hydro is done with you ya can score one cheap...
It really does look awesome, otherwise...
Quick fact, microsoft actually loses money onevery x-box sold, they're hoping to make it up in software sales and "Live" fees

Reefer Shark
03-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Quick fact, microsoft actually loses money onevery x-box sold, they're hoping to make it up in software sales and "Live" feesNo kidding? How is that?

Mabye ole Bill Gates should just stop selling them, and just start giving 'em away for free! :D I could use a few more for some lan parties.

BTW: Still really enjoying Ninja Gaiden! Such a great game.

Hellboy
04-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Well I picked up this game last week and must say I'm very impressed. The visuals are amazing but the real draw here is the compelling gameplay. This is everything a ninja game should be and has some of the best controls I've seen in an action-platform type game ever. The moves take practice to master and the difficulty level is way up there. I wouldn't recommend this game for the casual gamer but for those of us who appreciate a good challenge you won't be disappointed. The cut scenes are some of the best I've seen in recent memory and really get you involved in the story. The only fault I can find with this game is the somewhat problematic camera but it's really a minor complaint in what is otherwise a perfect game. If you own an Xbox you owe it to yourself to at least try this incredible game. Big thumbs up here. :D

QLD
04-10-2004, 12:05 PM
This is one of my favorite platformers ever. Totally worth buying an X-Box for. I am on chapter 15 right now.

Hellboy
05-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Well I finally got a chance to devote some time to this game and finished it the other night. The ending is great and there is even a little surprise revelation too. Once you've beaten the game you'll gain access to a new costume and a lightsaber, errr... ok a Plasma Sword, but it looks like a lightsaber. :D

My first time through I only found 42 of the 50 scarabs though. :dis: Apparently if you give all the scarabs to Muramasa it unlocks the original Ninja Gaiden game that sits in Han's bar. :classic: Shooting the clock face in Tairon near Muramasa's shop will unlock NG 2 and in Chapter 10's ceremonial room, triangle-jump your way to the golden scarab on top of the broken pillar for NG 3. If you do all of this before finishing the game you will unlock these classics and they'll be accessable from the main menu.

Did anyone take the time to upgrade the Wooden Sword? If not I highly recommend you do because once maxed out it becomes "Unlabored Flawlessness" one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

I just can't say enough good things about this game. I enjoyed it tremendously and will definately be playing through again. The best game in it's genre and one of the best X-box games ever. :cool:

mrmiller
05-02-2004, 02:04 PM
This was a great game (I had 48 scarabs :p ). I couldn't quit playing it. I really like the many bosses and the dificulty. It's been a long time since I played a good, hard game. I mena, it was challanging to the point that when you passed the difficult stage you had a sense of accomplishment. most games are way to easy that they are boering, or so difficult they are frustrating. This was super ballanced and super fun. the puzzles, the action, the graphincs, the gameplay, everything was rock soild. Get or borrow an Xbox and play this game, as I'm sorry to break it to the PS2 people- it's not coming to PS2. At least thats what the games creator said in an interview in my latest EGM mag.

=MATT=