PDA

View Full Version : TOMY mini-dioramas wave 3.

sicqnus
03-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Coming next from TOMY Japan, the third wave of mini-dioramas is planned for a 2004 release. This time with vehicles. This set of five dioramas will be based on AOTC and will include :

- Jedi Starfighter with asteroid.
- Slave One with asteroids.
- Drop Ship with AT-TE (on Geonosis ground stand).
- Yoda with lightsaber (duel vs Dooku).
- Anakin Skywalker on Owen Lars Speederbike.

The pic is very bad but the Drop Ship looks very good.

(will be available at J-List, Action-HQ, HobbyLinkJapan, xl-shop.com).

bobafrett
03-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks Sicqnus! I bought waves 1 and 2 on eBay, but if I can find them for a better price at one of the online e-tailers, I'll gladly purchase this third wave.

britcit3
03-09-2004, 02:08 AM
Hey Sicq

Are the vehicles likely to be come off the stands/backgrounds?

It's just that if they can be played with like micro's, I'll have them.

If not - i.e. they are ornaments, I'll pass.

Cheers

BC3

(especially love the Rep Drop ship).

sicqnus
03-09-2004, 02:57 AM
Yes, they are trading kits as the Aliens and StarTrek Gashapons. The X-wing is removable from its base as well as the Falcon does. I'm impatient to see better pictures of this new wave.
The AT-TE will be Micro-Machines sized, the Drop ship, a little bigger like the Galoob Die-Casts.

britcit3
03-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I hope that they do come off - but it looks like the drop ship and jedi starfighter are embedded into the rock/wall.

I bought the AT-AT and was most unimpressed to find that the snowspeeder was embedded into the diorama.

Fingers crossed.

BC3

britcit3
06-26-2004, 09:52 AM
OH MY GOD!

The Tomy micros arrived today and they are AMAZING - can't believe that I have new Star Wars micros.

The detail is incredible and they are solid plastic (when all the bits glued on) so they can be thrown into my micro box and won't break.

I can't recommend these enough - if you are a micro collector you NEED these - the detail is even better than Galoob.

My digicam is out of action so I have scanned a pic in - the hasbro/galoob micros are included for scale (the TOMY's are slightly larger than micros but smaller than DC).

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/tomymicros.jpg

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
06-26-2004, 12:52 PM
i.e. yet another case on which i should put tokyo joe? :D

JediTricks
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Wow, those look pretty cool! AT-TE looks a little odd though, but maybe it's the scanner.

SWAFMAN
06-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Paint and sculpt detail look very nice. How much are these?

britcit3
06-28-2004, 04:21 PM
This will probably be the cheapest place.......

http://www.jlist.com/SEARCH/star%20wars%20tomy/1/

$32 US & postage - and worth every penny.

Bc3

JediTricks
06-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Holy frijoles! The reason that AT-TE looked odd is because it's with that Republic Landing Craft!

SWAFMAN
06-29-2004, 10:40 PM
This will probably be the cheapest place.......

http://www.jlist.com/SEARCH/star%20wars%20tomy/1/

$32 US & postage - and worth every penny.

Bc3

Thanks BC3!

VT - let me/us know if you hear anything from Tojo about these!?!?!?!

vulcantouch
06-30-2004, 11:38 PM
. . . but of course i'm still waitin for confirm from all you xperts here that these're jpn-xclusive :rolleyes: but if they are, whoever'd be interested in tojo baggin us how many, say so here- & that goes for furuta wave 3s disclosed in other thred- speakin of which: am i to understand (from sicq's remark over there) that wave1 ent-a's paintjob sucked, and that maybe i should be glad i never got one and can instead get this better new one? hmm? :cool:
i also assume scorpion nemesis model shown in jl-mini attachment will be Nowhere near mm size? :p
vt

sicqnus
07-01-2004, 12:00 PM
You can also order them at HLJ for $27.70 + shipping a box of ten randomly packaged. There is no rare item in this serie then you're almost sure to get one of each. URL : http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TOM63446

VT, the Polar Lights Scorpion kit will be a snap kit, two pre-painted figures of Picard and Data are included and the pricepoint is something around $9.99. URL (pictures of mock-up) : http://www.playingmantis.com/pl/coming_soon.php I don't know if the rumors of a totally pre-painted kit are true but I doubt it will be with such a lower price. Anyway, the Reman fighter is almost totally black, it will not be too difficult to paint it.

The Furuta Enterprise-A from wave 1 have horrible black dots everywhere and I had to erase them to get an average looking mini... A new version with a better paintjob will be welcome.

mastermatt24
07-02-2004, 03:34 PM
I bought the Republic Land Craft with AT TE on ebay for $17 w/ shipping.. Its the only one that looked good to me :D

JediGoofy
07-06-2004, 05:48 AM
Hi vt,
I did not really want to leave my safe small MM island and leave for unknown places. :nerv: But it is either this or to remain aground docked :dis: , 'cause it looks like Tomy miniatures will be the only micro SW vehicles produced in the near future. The good part is they are beautiful (thank you bc3). :)

So I would like to take advantage of the opportunity you and tojo are giving us, I am (of course ;) ) just interested in the vehicles:
*) Jedi Starfighter
*) Jango Fett's Slave I
*) Republic Dropship and AT-TE

Unfortunately this forces me to try to acquire also the other Tomy vehicles, which are (IIRC wave 2 consisted only of figures):
*) X-Wing
*) Millennium Falcon
*) AT-AT

By the way, since I am already asking tojo's help, I am also looking for some Konami vehicles, namely:
*) Eagle Transporter (from Gerry Anderson SF collection)
*) Hawk MK-IX (from Gerry Anderson SF collection)
*) UFO SID and Rescue Eagle (from Premium Pack)

Thank you in advance for your help. :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

SWAFMAN
07-06-2004, 11:34 AM
If I'm reading the postings correctly, the prices so far run +/- around $30 U.S. for a set of five of the mini-dioramas? But this is a random pack. The AT-TE one and the Jedi Starfighter one are the most interesting to me.

If I could be assured that I'd get those two, as well as any three others (preferrably with no duplicates, unless they were dupes of the two aforementioned pieces), I would like to order the set.

I'm not picky about whether we get these from Tojo, or another source. Do we have a willing foruMMer who is skilled in negotiating with the overseas e-tailers to see about a quantity deal for an order for all those on this forum who wish to buy?

JediGoofy
07-13-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi vt,
this weekend I was able to get the Konami vehicles I needed on eBay :) , so currently I am just looking for the 6 Tomy vehicles (Jedi Starfighter, Jango Fett's Slave I, Republic Dropship/AT-TE, X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, and AT-AT).

Sorry in case this causes any inconvenience. Anyway, if tojo already bought the Konami vehicles I mentioned in my previous post I will buy them the same. :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

vulcantouch
07-16-2004, 12:06 PM
. . .still waiting to hear back from tojo re a previous message, so no worries re "inconvenience", jg :) however jg, might wanna check alternate sources for this stuff, as two shipping jumps (from japan to me to you) might negate for you whatever savings i'm able to get from dealing directly w/tojo. but i spose we might be able to have him send straight to you. . .
vt