PDA

View Full Version : OTC Cantina Aliens 3 Packs

droidekas2
03-09-2004, 11:45 AM
The Swami over at Galactic Hunter has more predictions, one of which is the Cantina Aliens 3 packs. There are supposed to be 2 sets of 3, which will include Kitik!! Its exciting news, since the Swami's previous reports have been very good.

Do you think Hasbro will release any other new, never before made cantina patrons, or do you think that we will get a Hammerhead, Walrusman, Greedo rehash?
When those guys first came out when I was a kid I was so excited, but now in the modern line they have been released so much that I am tired of seeing them.

I hope we get new aliens! And what about a curved bar section???

Kidhuman
03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I for one cant wait for Kitik in any way. 3-pack, or not, want this figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Er - I know I posted in this thread sometime between 3 and 4, but now it's gone. I mentioned the thread that was taken down, so my post got taken down too? I don't understand that. Before this gets deleted again, could someone tell me what is going on?

rust
03-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Huh? Swami predicted? Can I have a link? GH doesn't work too well on the computer I'm on.

Cool! Fianlly Kikkid!

B'Omarr Monkey
03-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I saw your thread JabbaJohn, so I know it was here briefly. I was going to post a response, but had to go offline for some reason or another. When I came back on I couldn't find your thread again.

Anyway, what I remember about my response was that someone was groaning about the possible Target cups w/X-Wing Fighter or TIE Fighter, especially since we're already getting OTC versions of those ships. My feeling is that if those cups happen, they will probably come with one of the micromachine versions of the ships rather than the 3 3/4" scale versions.

As for the Cantina 3-pack, I'd be fine with one set simply being Cantina Bar wave 2 in new packaging, as I'd love to get Kitak Keedk'ak (one of those characters I never thought would get made in plastic -- like Wol Cabas****e!), but hope that the other set is all new characters. Which ones I don't care, but if it came with 1 Tonnika sister and 1 Saurin, buying two sets would take care of the paired characters. Those astronaut guys look pretty similar too. I don't know how they drink in those outfits, but, hey, that's another thread.

Silent Chazz
03-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Actually, It COULD be the Action Fleet Ships, not Micromachines that comes with the Cups.

Boba Fetish
03-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Yay, Kitik Keed'kak. This is the rumor I have been waiting to hear. :) :) :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Er - I know I posted in this thread sometime between 3 and 4, but now it's gone. I mentioned the thread that was taken down, so my post got taken down too? I don't understand that. Before this gets deleted again, could someone tell me what is going on?

Jabba- JT deleted that thread as i believe it just opened a link to another BBD discussion. Sorry for the hassle! :)

I would LOVE to get the MIA Cantina sets out once and for all. Though, i swear, i walked by those "rare" ones like 10 times when they warming pegs. I could be wrong, but i swear that i saw Kitik and the other rare one. cheers!! :D

hango fett
03-10-2004, 07:39 AM
this figure looks pretty good from what i have seen when they were going to release it back with the failed "cantina" line. i would love for there to be a cantina wave just like the jabba wave. that would rock!
H

evenflow
03-10-2004, 08:32 AM
That would be awesome if we finally get Kitik. I really hope this all happens.

BobaPhlegm
03-10-2004, 08:42 AM
If the rumors (of two Cantina 3-packs) are true, here is my prediction of what they could be (ok, what I wouldlike to see):

3-Pack #1: Kitik (they have the mold already made), Dr. Evezan (they also have the mold), and one of the Saurins (they get the most screen time of any of the non-made Cantina aliens, and have been rumored to be comming)

3-Pack #2: Wuher (ditto on the mold), Gotal (Feltipern Trevag?, also rumored to be comming), and a new, super articulated Blue Snaggletooth! (after all, it's the only vintage Cantina alien not yet remade)

droidekas2
03-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Making and including a Blue Snaggletooth figure is a great idea and a nod to the vintage line / era of SW collecting. The 3 packs are supposed to be in the OTC packaging so this would be a great place to include him.
I've always wanted one, never spent the big money to get one for my collection.

I agree that Kitik, Dr. E , and Wuher will be 3 of the 6 figures. I really hope the other 3 are new never before made figures.

Hope the style of the OTC for these is like the 3 pack exclusives that they made for Sears, etc. back then. That would really look cool, but then they can't include a curved bar section that I'm hoping for.

jjreason
03-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I would agree in hoping that the previously unreleased Wave 2 figures make up one of the 3 packs. For the other pack, as long as they're new figures I don't mind who's included.

BoShek
03-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I read a lot of people missed out on me . . . BoShek so add him in the mix.

mericen
03-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I myself would like to see Hem Dazon and the other Duro from the bar at least and the Saurin.

Kidhuman
03-14-2004, 11:08 AM
SAw this (http://collectibles.echostation.com/qna/Yakfacecantina.jpg) over at another site.

sith_killer_99
03-14-2004, 11:43 AM
SK99 predicts that these will fly off the shelves! ;)

jjreason
03-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Wow, that thing's a playset all on it's own! Lots of stools, nice looking figures, all of wave II together in one set! Sold. With any luck the 2nd set will be as good.

Banthaholic
03-14-2004, 12:03 PM
They actually have a bit of a write up in their Q&A
http://www.yakface.com/qna.shtml

Kidhuman
03-14-2004, 12:18 PM
SK99 predicts that these will fly off the shelves! ;)

Using Kitik's wings.

Silent Chazz
03-14-2004, 01:57 PM
OMG. This is amazing. Even moreso, these will be Screen Scene Price (thus saving $10). For the love of Ketwol, lets hope the Cantina Screen Scene 2 has the Curved Bar Piece.

evenflow
03-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Well seeing the pics over at Yakface, I have to say that if it really happens I am pumped. I cant wait to see what the second set will be.

TheDarthVader
03-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I can't believe it! My dream is going to come true. We are going to get Kitik! Yay!!! :D

Kidhuman
03-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Dont be too happy about these being released just yet. According to Yakface, they will be exclusive to Kmart. And my Kmart still has more POTJ figures than Saga.

Banthaholic
03-16-2004, 09:42 AM
I just went to K-mart today they had the wampa, jabba, denzions, and Jabba's palace wave in stock, compared to nothing anywhere else in town. If that sucks, well sign me up.
I'm not proud to admit, I'm a k-mart fan!

evenflow
03-16-2004, 09:57 AM
I actually love K-mart, I usually find the best stuff there.

I am a little worried about soemthing else now, rebelscum is talking about UK release of the sets? Something is up?

Val Da Car
03-16-2004, 03:27 PM
any guesses on the price?

Kidhuman
03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Hopefully 20 bucks, but since its K-Mart and they charge more, I'd say no more than thirty.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2004, 04:52 PM
K-mart? Man, mine closed down two years ago and the nearest one is half an hour away. Hopefully TRU or Target gets it instead.

Silent Chazz
03-16-2004, 06:58 PM
You're kidding me? K-Mart!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This is a Stupid move. Looks like I wont be getting this set now since the closest K-Mart that I know of is 7 hours away!

Sorry Hasbro, but unless other stores that I CAN go to get this, you aren't getting my $20.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Actually, It COULD be the Action Fleet Ships, not Micromachines that comes with the Cups.

What I meant to say was ACTION FLEET. Thank you. This is what I get for trying to post and think while dealing with the flu.

And now I'm responding so late because I was off visiting the in-laws--no internet service.

I did get to visit some stores outside my regular roaming pattern. I even scored pretty big, but their K-Mart was not much better than mine. Mine still has two Zam Wessells and nothing more. The one near my in-laws had rows of super battle droids and strangely 1 Jabba's Skiff R2, without a clue as to where they could have stocked the rest of that wave.

I hope it's not K-Mart.

Dialogus
03-20-2004, 01:07 AM
This is great. Expect a rampage when these will be out. Let's just hope that stores everywhere will have plenty of Kitik & friends... :rolleyes:

Please bring the Arcona, Gotal, H'nemthe, Lamproid or Abyssin for Wave 2!

B'Omarr Monkey
03-20-2004, 08:03 PM
For the love of Ketwol, lets hope the Cantina Screen Scene 2 has the Curved Bar Piece.

Getting the whole bar would be great, but what about all the piping and stuff that Wuher serves from? I don't know how they would be able to give us that, maybe as a mail in sort of thing, but the bar will seem weird without it.

I'm also hoping they'll give us a few single carded cantina patrons they way that Wat Tambor was sold seperately, but part of the Geonosis War Room scenes.

Small table sets w/3 characters would be good too.