PDA

View Full Version : New characters and cast for CW

B'Omarr Monkey
03-09-2004, 10:26 PM
This was posted on the SCI FI Channel's websitewww.scifi.com/sfw/current/news.html (http://www.scifi.com/sfw/current/news.html)

"New Cast Joins Clone

New voice actors will join the cast of the Star Wars: Clone Wars "microseries," the official Homing Beacon newsletter reported. The second season of 10 episodes will premiere March 26 on the official Star Wars Web site and on the Cartoon Network.

The new cast will include Kevin Michael Richardson (K'Kruhk), Daran Norris (Ki-Adi-Mundi and Daakman Barrek), Cree Summer (Luminara Unduli), Tatyana Yassukovich (Barriss Offee) and Futurama's John DiMaggio (Bender) as Clone Wars' villainous Gen. Grievous.

Returning cast members include Mat Lucas (Anakin Skywalker), James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Tom Kane (Yoda) and Grey De Lisle (Padmé Amidala, Asajj Ventress and Shaak Ti)."

The idea of Bender and Grievous changes any preconception I had of the character, but I really hope they some new toys; animated versions of these characters as well as regular Clone Wars versions, though I guess if they were, we'd know by now, wouldn't we?

Kidhuman
03-10-2004, 02:14 AM
The cast sounds pretty good. I just hope he doesnt use the bender voice on Grevious. Hopefully Hasbro might suprise us and send these toys anyway.

JEDIpartner
03-11-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm sure they won't use the same voice. I'm sure the guy, being a voice talent, can do more than one voice. :rolleyes:

jjreason
03-14-2004, 02:00 AM
One would hope. I don't think the Futurama voice is what they'd be looking for, but GL has made a few decisions I've questioned in the past......

I'm looking forward to the new ones; apparently Teletoon (the Canadian version of the Cartoon Network) is set to air the new ones starting March 22nd, which is around the same time you guys get them! We had to wait quite some time to see them on TV up here the first go round. I finally was able to take them all in succession tonight - they finally aired the marathon.

Card Dreamer
04-05-2004, 01:08 AM
oh c'mon! Ep20 is about intro-ing a major villian that essentially starts the erradication of the Jedi....who's better fit for that role than Bender! :D