PDA

View Full Version : Carded Madine, Han and Lando

SirSteve
03-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Check them out!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30058

JEDIpartner
03-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Is that a Photoshopped pic of Han I see on that package? Awwwww... innit cuuuuute? :rolleyes:

Silent Chazz
03-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeesh. Why couldnt Hasbro at least use the shot ACTUALLY in the movie with him pulling off the stunt inside the AT-ST? Still, these look pretty cool carded.

angellus
03-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Seeing the picture of Han they used on the package just reinforces for me how ridiculous this figure is! The other two look great, but I'll be passing on the Han. Of course I probably won't find any of them, so the point is moot...

Kidhuman
03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Hans Helmet looks way to big for him. It rem,inds me of pics we seen with the little boys in the fireman's helmets. Needless tos ay, they all look pretty cool.

bobafett07728
03-10-2004, 10:39 AM
The Han looks a little silly, and wasn't completely necessary to begin with, but the other two look great. Madine has been a long timne coming, and the newer Lando looks awesome. I love how they did the gun holster! He looks dead-on to me! He'll look great in that new Falcon sitting next to Nein Nunb!?!?!?

Jedi Learner
03-10-2004, 11:07 AM
The Han figure is questionable. There is nothing in ROTJ that suggests to me that Han actually put on an entire AT-ST driver uniform. Why would he have to? He was in a tight close-up on the viewscreen. The helmet and glove would have sufficed. This is further complicated by the fact that when the Imperial squadrons run outside the bunker, Han is in his usual smuggler's attire. It seems as though Hasbro is trying to get us to buy the notion that Han stripped down, disguised himself as an AT-ST driver from head to toe just long enough to fool the Imperials, removed the uniform, and then hurriedly put his original clothing back on. This is a ridiculous proposition considering that the Rebels were pressed for time as it was. I'm curious as to whether there are any obscure production photos out there that support this concept, although, judging by the photoshopped image, I have a feeling this is just a figment of Hasbro's often misguided imagination.

The other two figures look cool. It's great to see Madine finally get the justice he deserves, and the resculpt of General Lando is a definite improvement over the POTF version.

sith_killer_99
03-10-2004, 11:24 AM
The Madine head sculpt is horrible IMO.

I agree about the pic of Han, they should have used the scene from the film, instead of some horrible photochoped version. :crazed:

The Lando is on par with every other Lando since POTJ. I like it, but a cloth cape would have been nice as well.

I will be looking for these...along with the TIE Pilot wave, the Holo Luke Wave, and the Jedi Luke wave. :rolleyes:

Nice to know that these actually exist though. ;)

:Pirate:

Mandalorian Candidat
03-10-2004, 11:59 AM
A neat idea for a new Han figure, but the with that chin strap they should rename it "Han Solo--Michael Dukakis Clone."

Hellboy
03-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Well I think the figures look great. The pic of Han is pretty laughable though. You could probably get away with having a few extra of him in an Endor diorama though since the figure could pass as a generic AT-ST driver. Madine's head sculpt does look a bit off but I'll reserve judgement until I have it in my hands. Lando does seem to be a huge improvement over the POTF2 version too. Hasbro's Saga line continues to amaze me this year. Good stuff. :)

jjreason
03-10-2004, 05:01 PM
I like the figure of Han better than the picture on the package. Yikes. Another good, small wave of figures - I was still kind of wondering if they'd keep these on Saga cards or switch to the OTC packages a little early... now we know.

Boba Fetish
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I didn't know Harrison Ford was in Spaceballs. I 'll have to go out and rent the movie and take a close look at every extra. :rolleyes:

bobafett07728
03-11-2004, 10:36 AM
The Han figure is questionable. There is nothing in ROTJ that suggests to me that Han actually put on an entire AT-ST driver uniform.

I checked the ROTJ novel last night, hoping to shed some light on this, and it doesn't even mention that Han was in disguise!!!! It says he has an idea, and then next thing you know, an "Imperial" comlinks the bunker, the doors open, and they are in. I'll do more research tonight, but I agree. . . it is highly doubtful that he put on any more than just a helmet and gloves. Also. . . why does that crummy photo have the helmet without goggles? They're on the figure? It's obvious the picture is photoshopped. . . you think they could make it accurate!?!?!?

I didn't know Harrison Ford was in Spaceballs.
Hillarious. . . and accurate observation!!!!

jad
03-11-2004, 10:53 AM
I think the han's a pretty cool figure. But not because it's han. Most of the main characters don't even come close to looking like the actual character by the time they get to pegs. So as far as i'm concerned this is just a great new at-st pilot. :D

Arrogant Arse
03-11-2004, 01:02 PM
A neat idea for a new Han figure, but the with that chin strap they should rename it "Han Solo--Michael Dukakis Clone."
LOL! MC, does this figure come with a tank and Willie Horton figure?