PDA

View Full Version : Gunship #721

dirtybones
03-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Okay now that I may have figured out this whole photo shop deal here are a few more shots from my first try at the art of building a diorama. Again please let me know what you think.

bobafrett
03-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Pretty good! That has to be fairly large, as I see how big those gunships are. If you don't mind me asking, what are the numbers on the wings? Are thery just random numbers, or do they mean something? Also why are they there?

Kidhuman
03-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Very nice. Great first try, you will only get better from there.

dr_evazan22
03-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Looks pretty good db. What's next?

dirtybones
03-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks alot for all the great comments!!!! As far as the numbers go I've always wished Lucas would have done something like this, I think it looks great and it gives more personality to the clones, you know like " TK 421 ". I also do some art work with colored pencils and I've done the whole number deal on one of my rouge " alien clones troopers " turned bounty hunter, I'll send off a pic it looks pretty cool. This is G.S. 721 the first wave unit, these guys are the ones who go in before anyone and clear the way for other Gunships. My next diorama will come from the cartoon series, I'm going to have Durge going up against about nine or ten clones on a muddy swamp planet while Ventress and Saesee Tiin face off in the backround. I just have to get my hands on the S.A. troopers! Thanks again for all the great feed back here are some more pics enjoy.

chrisc
03-16-2004, 05:41 PM
that is one heck of a diorama. I wish I could do that good on one.

Card Dreamer
03-24-2004, 12:36 AM
very awesome job
I'm too lazy make make dioramas, despite how cool they are. I'll live my dreams through people like you! =P

Silent Chazz
03-24-2004, 10:30 AM
You mean people like me, eh CD? lol

Be looking on this Forum Section in the near future as Im ALMOST done with my Geonosis Diorama.

Vortex
03-24-2004, 11:06 AM
DB very cool.

I still want to check out your artwork.

Later man.

cubicleslave
03-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Nice work, dirtybones. Very cool deployment scene. :D

I like the numbers on the republic gunships, just like tail numbers on USAF and US Navy aircraft. Gives the gunships some character, and a bit of realism. I have seen some customizers paint nose art on the gunships too.

I'm still army-building, but want to do something similar. Have two gunships so far, and a couple of squads of clone troopers. I'm doing some battle damage on both gunships. They look too clean out of the box, needs some wear-and-tear.

clonehead
03-25-2004, 02:36 PM
impressive, most impressive.

dirtybones
03-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks alot cubicleslave, I've never thought about painting the nose, but now that you brought it up I'm going to have to do some touch up on 721. What I did do was add alot of black to the ship's wings and the cargo area as well as put in a netting to break up the look of the Gunships. I'm still looking a few more S.A. troopers ( about 6-10 ) for my army building as well. I got real tried of repainting the red troopers, I mean the ones in the diorama look great for the look I was going for but I just don't have the patience to go through all that again. No one has mentioned the holsters / blasters I put on the clones, I'm curious to hear how everyone feels about this bold move. I personaly love this look and plan on doing it to all my clones in my future dioramas. Thanks again!!!

What's up Todd?