PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.com has new figures listed - Price Increase?!

jad
03-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Noticed a couple days ago that amazon.com has some of the latest figures listed in their toy section. Figures such as j'quille and lando skiff guard. They are on a preorder status but still in the system none the less. The last wave they got in for a little while and it sold out. Anyway the last wave had the figures listed at 5 bucks and now the new wave and that older wave are listed at 7.99! Thats too bad, because if your buying a few figures that your having a hard time, it wasn't a bad deal to get them for 5 bucks, but now they want 8? The actual toysrus's haven't marked up the price have they?

Here is a link to j'quille so you can see for your selves.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B0001LATQI/qid%3D1078951721/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-7810304-7114326

Beast
03-10-2004, 03:25 PM
This happens with every new wave. It's been happening for a while. They come out for $7.99, and after they've been out a while they drop down to the same price as the other figures. It's their way of making a bit of extra money on the 'new' figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Hehe it's pretty bad when the retailers are practically scalping figures. If only Hasbro would just sell the figures online. :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Hehe it's pretty bad when the retailers are practically scalping figures. If only Hasbro would just sell the figures online. :crazed:

I dont htink they would give us much of a break though. Maybe 5 bucks a figure and it still would be cheaper at Wally WOrld.

Val Da Car
03-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Here is the best part...last month during the TRU promotion (get a free figure) the Bar 2 D2; R1G4, Hoth Trooper, Luke from Jabba's Palace were all $4.99....I have the receipt to prove it.

Maybe they are trying to make back some money to pay for the Silver Clone trooper promotion in April

Kidhuman
03-12-2004, 07:16 PM
The figures arent even in stock, which is the best part of it all

B'Omarr Monkey
03-18-2004, 08:28 PM
When I checked during the free figure week, I was only given the option of choosing between Ak Med Beq and the 2nd Dignitary. Fortunately I didn't have either, and they actually had a couple things that I needed.

They have a terrible selection, even worse than my physical TRU, and if they are a TRU, even though they are affiliated with Amazon, shouldn't they be selling their online merchandise for the same price as their physical stores?

Kidhuman
03-18-2004, 09:20 PM
I wonder how TRU will do when they have the Silver clone. With empty pegs and pegwarmers, there wont be enough tobuy toget these figures.