PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Tycho
07-23-2007, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't care if light showed through -I'm not really going to be pressing the button. I display my Transformers really. Brawl I'd likely display in Tank mode -he's just so different.

I'm interested in the Leader Class because at the very least he won't be smaller than my Alternator cars. But of course I'll skeptically evaluate him when I see him in stores.

I'm not sure which paint scheme I prefer either. Like I asked before, are both paint aps coming out at the same time? I may have to compare them when I see them.

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 02:49 AM
I didn't mean light showing through when it's on, I meant when it's off. It's a clear piece, you paint it without a primer level and ambient light will pass through the relatively-thin paint coat into the plastic and out the other side of the paint.

CrunchyNug
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Got me a '70's Bumblebee thanks to a great stash job by our new friend tom brokaw. Speaking of QC problems, one of his doors snapped off as I was taking trying to open it in car mode. Before I could even get a chance to transform him, he's already broken...:upset:

Tycho
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
The Transformers that are on display at Comic Con look especially awesome.

They did a great job. The Deluxe ($9.99) 2008 BumbleBee is really cool. I think I may have to buy that. Most of the others look great on display as well.

It's hard to get to see everything. Preview Night was more crowded than any previous year and Saturday is entirely sold-out. I suspect it will be elbow-to-elbow for the rest of this weekend!

I AM going to buy Leader-Class Brawl. He looks really good.

figrin bran
07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
The Transformers that are on display at Comic Con look especially awesome.

They did a great job. The Deluxe ($9.99) 2008 BumbleBee is really cool. I think I may have to buy that. Most of the others look great on display as well.

Yes, you should buy Deluxe 08 Bee! Think of it as an Alternator lite :p As i warned JT and everyone else on the previous page, just be careful with the windows as i have a feeling they might break easily.

JediTricks
07-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, Steve and I just posted info and pics live from the Transformers panel, Steve got pics of nearly all the slides, and then he got up photos of the 3 figures in the actual display. Tycho is NOT going to like these. ;) Luckily there's Classics 2.0.

Panel: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=55&p2_articleid=1536

(There's a link in there to the main gallery with the 3 animated figures down in the booth.)

Kidhuman
07-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Target in Va has clearanced the Bumblebee Unleahsed to 13 and change. A heads up for you giuys who collect. Check your Targets.

figrin bran
07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Thank you JT and Steve!!

Octane looks awesome! definite buy for me

and laugh at me all you want but I think I like those animated toys! They'll fit in great with my DC animated figures

Tycho
07-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Tycho is NOT going to like these. ;)

I didn't really understand. What specifically were you referencing?

Right now, I'd most want:

Leader Class Ironhide (black TopKick)
Leader Class Ratchet (green Hummer rescue vehicle)
Leader Class Blackout - really big chopper
Alt Style BumbleBee (Camaro)
Alt Style Barricade

I'm not sure which Leader Class Brawl I'm going to buy.

figrin bran
07-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I just watched the clip of Transformers Animated that was shown today and I think I might like it. For sure, I'll like this "teen titans transformers" more than the recent movie. might even like it more than Clone Wars/"Jedi League Unleashed".

Adam
07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
I actually ended up liking the animated clip, but the toys.. ugh. I'm not down with that style in toy form. Some of them are hard to judge without paint apps but I despise the vehicle modes. If you thought the vehicles from Armada were "playschool-ish".... I sure hope kids like these, cause I probably won't get too many, if any at all.

Chaddymac
07-30-2007, 09:24 AM
I actually ended up liking the animated clip, but the toys.. ugh. I'm not down with that style in toy form. Some of them are hard to judge without paint apps but I despise the vehicle modes. If you thought the vehicles from Armada were "playschool-ish".... I sure hope kids like these, cause I probably won't get too many, if any at all.
I looooove them. My biggest concern about the "justice league" type animation style was that it wouldn't translate into toys but DAMN. Those things look like nothing I've ever seen before while still maintaining the familiar charm of my childhood heroes. I love them. Now, where is this animated clip you speak of?

figrin bran
07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I looooove them. My biggest concern about the "justice league" type animation style was that it wouldn't translate into toys but DAMN. Those things look like nothing I've ever seen before while still maintaining the familiar charm of my childhood heroes. I love them. Now, where is this animated clip you speak of?

actually the animation is more similar to Teen Titans than it is Justice League :p

good to now that I'm not the only one who likes the toy designs. we're getting a blitzwing and a slag...how great is that?

kool-aid killer
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Im looking forward to Grimlock, Slag, and Blitzwing too. Isnt there supposed to be another Dinobot released for the cartoon? If so, i really hope its Sludge.

Adam
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Go to , http://enewsi.com/ on the front page there is a video viewer and you can select different ones to the right. Click on the TF Animated preview. =D

BountyHunterScum
07-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Rodimus alt was at HTS but I missed it most likely. I did get Silver headed Pimp Daddy Destro. If they restock Rodimus I will get it but if I were a betting man I'd bet against it being restocked.

Chaddymac
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I saw it on youTube. Should've known I could find it there.

As for the figs, the video preview shows all three dinobots (or at least the outlines). I'm excited for this line. I'm not really a movietoy collector, so these are awesome for me. Plus, I'm digging the cartoon style, I like Marty Isenberg, and I've been looking forward to another American produced series for a long time. Throw in the Indy figures and it's confirmed: Hasbro's got my number this year.

Chaddymac
07-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I saw it on youTube. Should've known I could find it there.

As for the figs, the video preview shows all three dinobots (or at least the outlines). I'm excited for this line. I'm not really a movietoy collector, so these are awesome for me. Plus, I'm digging the cartoon style, I like Marty Isenberg, and I've been looking forward to another American produced series for a long time. Throw in the Indy figures and it's confirmed: Hasbro's got my number this year.
Just watched it again - Swoop is the third dino. Grimlock, Slag, and Swoop.

kool-aid killer
07-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Go to , http://enewsi.com/ on the front page there is a video viewer and you can select different ones to the right. Click on the TF Animated preview. =D

Sweet. Thanks for the link.

Chaddymac, youre correct, it is Swoop. Im a little bummed though, we got a Swoop in the Energon line, and in the recent Classics style minicons. Oh well, i'll be grabbing him too.

Adam
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Another clip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVtVZP5tjWY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftfw2005%2Ecom%2F

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 12:51 AM
I would've liked to see Sludge as well as I never got the G1 version. Slag looks really awesome. I like how in robot mode the chest and shoulders seem to "reference" the triceratops head and it makes him look really tough. By comparison, Grimlock in robot mode looks like a 90 lb. wimp.

I was worried from the first preview that the transformations would always have that Voltronish scrolling bars in the background but the clip that Adam posted has them doing normal transformations.

the Blackarachnia toy looks great, certainly better than all the Beast Wars and Beast Machines versions.

the rendition of the theme song is 1000 times better than the one done for the movie soundtrack.

figrin bran
08-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Good news for Tycho - just read a review on Leader class Brawl and all those parts that we thought were white or translucent are actually grey so you don't have to repaint them.

Chaddymac
08-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the link.

Chaddymac, youre correct, it is Swoop. Im a little bummed though, we got a Swoop in the Energon line, and in the recent Classics style minicons. Oh well, i'll be grabbing him too.
On the plus side, We have the leader, a brawler, and a flyer. I understand the logic behind it. And who knows? If it goes on for future seasons, and the dinobots are popular, I can forsee Slag and Sludge arriving as well.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Thank you JT and Steve!!You know it brudder!

I didn't really understand. What specifically were you referencing?The animated toys. If you didn't like Armada through Cybertron, these look WAY worse than that concept.

I actually ended up liking the animated clip, but the toys.. ugh. I'm not down with that style in toy form. Some of them are hard to judge without paint apps but I despise the vehicle modes. If you thought the vehicles from Armada were "playschool-ish".... I sure hope kids like these, cause I probably won't get too many, if any at all.I thought the toys kinda worked, didn't like the show though. The one misfire on the toys is Starscream's ridiculous smile - that was WAY out there.

I was worried from the first preview that the transformations would always have that Voltronish scrolling bars in the background but the clip that Adam posted has them doing normal transformations. That was something they did a lot in the previous 2 cartoons, something they actively wanted to get away from with this new show. It's apparently a difference between Japanese producing and American producing.

Good news for Tycho - just read a review on Leader class Brawl and all those parts that we thought were white or translucent are actually grey so you don't have to repaint them.I saw that, but pics have those parts look milky gray, not solid gray.

Chaddymac
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
The animated toys. If you didn't like Armada through Cybertron, these look WAY worse than that concept.

I thought the toys kinda worked, didn't like the show though. The one misfire on the toys is Starscream's ridiculous smile - that was WAY out there.

I love this new style. I was only concerned about the toys because the animation seemed to make it impossibly for them to actually transform but NOW that I see it, I think it's awesome. I was a fan of the Digimon designs but always thought the transformations were boring so I'd admire them from the shelves. This is like the same design philosophy, only with interesting vehicles. I'm excited and totally looking forward to their release.

figrin bran
08-08-2007, 10:04 PM
There are rumors going around that the floods in China last week affected some of the factories that are producing TF movie toys and so there might be delays in shipping for those.

Tycho
08-09-2007, 01:02 AM
But Classics2 SeaSpray will be coming out on time :D

figrin bran
08-09-2007, 01:44 AM
But Classics2 SeaSpray will be coming out on time :D

What do you care? It's neither an Alternator nor a Leader class. :p :D

BountyHunterScum
08-09-2007, 04:55 AM
I had Seaspray when I was a kid. The blue hovercraft with yellow engine frame. Rub the symbol.

Tycho
08-09-2007, 05:30 AM
I just had '08 Camaro BumbleBee and I traded him for the Luke & Mara 2-pack.

Now I kind of want BumbleBee back again. (???!)

I sold Barricade to the very same buddy (for cost) who picked up the Luke & Mara for me. It was a favor of convenience.

I was NOT going to collect any more of the movie line - I don't really like them.

But I have been telling myself that it's OK to NOT have a collection, and just have BumbleBee and maybe Barricade to fight him (though I really can't stand Barricade's lack of hands).

I've resolved to do the same thing as I did before: pick BB up if I see him again (I got mine fresh out of a brand new case) and then hold onto him again, once more struggling with whether to open and keep him.

The same friend got Ultimate BumbleBee today as well. He brought him (packaged) for show and tell. It's $80 but tempting me. It's actually quite cute.

He said he'd open them and I'd get a chance to mess with them loose before I have to decide whether I want to own them as well.

Figrin might have been joking with me (about Alts and Leader Class figs) but he was very close to the mark.

I like the Transformers characters and the general idea of what they represent.

I favor the G1 storyline moreso than this AllSpark stuff.

But I would never have been buying Transformers again had it not been for the Alternators driving me nuts until I bought them (SideSwipe and Smokescreen first) and then the release of MasterPiece Optimus Prime!

The latter I'd not have were it not for ElChuxter rescuing one of the last ones out there for me from one of his inland retailers. He knows how hard I was trying to not start ANY other toy collection (generally, Star Wars should be enough, but I have a lot of Star Trek and Terminator products, too - plus SW branched off into Animated, Galactic Heroes, JediForce, Force Battlers - I bought a ton of stuff that I still actually LIKE!)

But for years, Cybertron, RID, Energon, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, all that stuff was easy to turn down.

ALTERNATORS MADE me buy them!

So if I'm leery of the movie line, please be understanding (Megatron and Starscream are really like crap, and Optimus has too much kibble if you ask me).

Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Deluxe-size Brawl are badly out of scale to the Autobots, though Leader Brawl looks promising.

But darn it if 2008 BumbleBee isn't perfect?! Ugggh. That one tears at me the way seeing Alt SideSwipe in my Target once did.

figrin bran
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM
So if I'm leery of the movie line, please be understanding (Megatron and Starscream are really like crap, and Optimus has too much kibble if you ask me).

So says the man who LOVES the movie!

so if you haven't noticed, the Movie Prime has a thousand times more kibble than the Hasbro toy! :D

Tycho
08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Liking the movie and liking the toys are two different things.

The movie Prime does not have more kibble than any of the toys.

Kibble (to me, and I think this is the "official" definition) is recognizeable vehicle or robot parts hanging off of a body when it is in its other form.

Movie Voyager Starscream for example, is the top of an F-22 fighter jet, dangling legs and arm cannons underneath it. In the movie, Starscream just turned into an F-22. You couldn't discern him from any other F-22 when he was in jet mode. That's the idea of "robots in disguise."

With Prime's robot mode in the movie, you can't tell for sure that he becomes a truck. With the toy, it appears that whole halves of the truck's long-nose are hanging down his back. :rolleyes:

There is some kibble to be expected in all Transformers. They need their darn alt-mode parts in order to become their alt modes in the first place.

It is a matter of taste as to how much you'll accept.

My vaunted Alt Ravage has his whole car hood over his front shoulders. That disturbs others but not me. I see his "cat form" and this not interfearing with it. It's almost like he carries a shield on his back. He keeps his streamlining in my opinion. On the other hand, Prime looks burdened by a "backpack" that only looks like truck parts.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
... Rub the symbol.Uhhh... uh, wow, yeah, never heard anybody put it that way before. :cross-eye

Kibble is other-mode parts hanging off the current mode, it doesn't have to be bot parts in alt mode, it can be alt-mode parts in bot mode (and in fact is more used for that reference).

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Liking the movie and liking the toys are two different things.

This is the only point that you were right about :p

I think if I end up enjoying the animated series and if most people hate it, I'm going to steal your "I think most of you have lost the ability to enjoy a cartoon series (substituted in for popcorn movie)". haha.

Both JT and I, movie haters, seem to like the toys and would never do something like trade an 08 Bee for a Mara/Luke pack.

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, no kidding! That was such a "whyyyyyy?!?" moment. Then again, Tycho is a very... "unusual" collector, so whatcha gonna do? But honestly, that reasoning was so suspect to me, I just can't imagine making that move - especially with Tycho's unending love for the movie and BB.

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Tycho, the demand for that BB is far greater than that for Mara/Luke. In another week or two, you'd probably find that comic pack but you probably won't find BB.

Just don't write post after post about how you regret having one and then letting it go :p

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I spotted 2 of the Mara/Luke packs yesterday, but not one single Deluxe TF!

I picked up the last Real Gear for right now, High Score, he's a little lamer than I was expecting, but he has the "monkey brawler charm" too. Poseability is a little off due to weird joints and such, transformation does a lot but not quite satisfying, and the little alt mode is kinda cool.

figrin bran
08-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I had a Tychonian moment yesterday...After picking up a Voyager Prime, I headed to Burger King to get some of the Simpsons toys. I had the Prime in a bag with me because I wanted to take a closer look at it (i'm not planning to keep it as it's a present for a friend). The cashier, male early 20's, asks me which version of Optimus Prime that is and then we talk for a few minutes about how TRU just got some Voyagers in and how deluxes are sold out everywhere.

I actually stashed a Voyager Megs but now I wonder if I should've even bothered, it sucks just as much as the Leader class version.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 10:22 PM
There were a ton of those Voyager Megs at TRU Los Feliz 2 days ago, nobody wants it. That's not exactly true, there's a mob of people at all the TRUs hunting for deluxes and voyagers of any character - it's so weird.

BTW, that totally is a Tycho moment! At SDCC, he and I are on the trolley after the show and we end up in a conversation with the guy sitting next to me about jobs and driving and stuff, then a 4th guy gets on and sits near Tycho and after a while he gets sucked into the conversation too, and somehow all this ends up turning into a discussion about Transformers!!!

figrin bran
08-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Now here's an anti Tychonian moment...I was talking with a friend's kids, they're 5 and 6. As they were talking about TF's, I asked them who their favorites were, kind of expecting they'd be naming movie characters. They said they like Optimus but not Megs or Galvatron. as soon as they said Galvatron, I thought "rock on! they're into Cybertron and not movie continuity!".

I can't really explain the hordes of people buying up every deluxe/voyager/leader in sight though. Heck even Robot Replicas sell out.

Was the movie really that great??? (do NOT answer Tycho! :p) It's not like this is the first TF line in years and it's not like these have the Classics G1 nostalgia factor. Moreover, a lot of the best Classics toys like Voyager Prime, Jetfire, Mirage, Cliffjumper sat on shelves for months so that nostalgia factor probably isn't as strong as we think it is.

Tycho
08-13-2007, 11:08 PM
My order is in for Masterpiece 06 Skywarp!

At last, another Transformer I am really proud to add to my very small collection.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Now here's an anti Tychonian moment...I was talking with a friend's kids, they're 5 and 6. As they were talking about TF's, I asked them who their favorites were, kind of expecting they'd be naming movie characters. They said they like Optimus but not Megs or Galvatron. as soon as they said Galvatron, I thought "rock on! they're into Cybertron and not movie continuity!". Niiiice! Galvs is a good reference.

I can't really explain the hordes of people buying up every deluxe/voyager/leader in sight though. Heck even Robot Replicas sell out.Robot Replicas haven't been selling as fast as other deluxe pricepoint items though, that's where the money is right now, I spotted a few Voyagers today (all wave 1 and 2, plus Icetron) but zero $10 transforming toys. Those Robot Replicas look pretty heinous and don't transform, I think that's the key, people DO want TFs to transform.

Was the movie really that great??? (do NOT answer Tycho! :p) It's not like this is the first TF line in years and it's not like these have the Classics G1 nostalgia factor. Moreover, a lot of the best Classics toys like Voyager Prime, Jetfire, Mirage, Cliffjumper sat on shelves for months so that nostalgia factor probably isn't as strong as we think it is.It didn't have to be that great, it just had to remind people that the franchise was out there. Walmart in Duarte had put out some old TF stock as if it were new, they had some Cybertron and Classics on its own display. Parents were going "buy this" about the toys in there and the kids didn't want it, they called it "old" (including Classic Jetfire), so even if they hadn't seen the movie they were aware of its presence in the market as a turning point. Unfortunately, if the sequel doesn't come out soon enough, the market will crash like it did after the '86 movie. And I don't see how Hasbro's going to get those casual consumers to jump from the movie line to the animated line next year.

Tycho
08-15-2007, 05:44 AM
The market won't crash. People will just spend their money on 2008 Camaros instead :D

I almost want one and I really don't like cars (as compared to SUVs, because I'm a California Democrat). lol

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 10:42 PM
The market won't crash. People will just spend their money on 2008 Camaros instead :D

I almost want one and I really don't like cars (as compared to SUVs, because I'm a California Democrat). lol
I just told Halley what you did trading away '08 Bumblebee for Mara/Luke and she was mortified - and she's been into Transformers for a whopping 3 weeks!!! :p So you don't get to talk about Transformers or the '08 Camaro anymore Tycho. ;)

figrin bran
08-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Tycho, did that Mara/Luke pack have good paint apps at least? Because if it didn't, you really made a bad deal! :p

I checked out the Luke more closely and the paint mask was sloppy on his hair as some of the neckline isn't painted. The balljoint for the head isn't completely painted either and you can see some grey on one side of the neck (the ball itself is painted grey).

BountyHunterScum
08-16-2007, 02:06 AM
I saw ultimate ripoff bee oops I mean bumblebee at walmart a couple days ago.

JediTricks
08-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Tycho, did that Mara/Luke pack have good paint apps at least? Because if it didn't, you really made a bad deal! :p

I checked out the Luke more closely and the paint mask was sloppy on his hair as some of the neckline isn't painted. The balljoint for the head isn't completely painted either and you can see some grey on one side of the neck (the ball itself is painted grey).
Yeah, that was his lame excuse, it was better paint. I've seen ones with better paint, none perfect though because they screwed up the mask at the top of the neck and the top of the face (the face carries over into her bangs).

Friggin' Dlx '08 Bumblebee!!!!

I saw Ultimate BB last week at Target, totally didn't do it for me, that plastic looks so cheap and they didn't do a nice job with the body proportions.

Tycho
08-16-2007, 02:23 AM
My Luke is fine. It's actually Mara Jade on most of those packs who has problems with her paint application.

The set I got is pretty good - about 90% of what I'd expect it to be. But Hasbro's quality has totally declined this year, as we're all noticing.

Maybe the best of the best have been moved to work on the Indiana Jones line?

And I will have back that '08 BumbleBee soon. You guys just wait and see.

JediTricks
08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, my reply was about Mara, not sure how I missed that he was talking about Luke's paint.

You're not allowed to have another Dlx '08 BB, you have to get me one first, then Figgy, then a few others here before you're allowed to have one after what you pulled - how are we supposed to know you won't trade the next one for a handful of magic beans?

figrin bran
08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Ha, you forget JT. I already have 08 Bee. found it and Arcee right before SDCC. :p remember I was posting about how fragile the windows on it seemed?

Tycho, PLEASE don't trade 08 BB for Saga Legends Battle Droids!!! That would go down as the worst trade ever in the history of toy trades.

JediTricks
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I did remember, but you deserve 2 before Tycho deserves 1 after the stunt he pulled. :p

figrin bran
08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Another thing that you should not trade 08 Bee for, Tycho, but I fear you might, are any of the Smallville DVD sets. or even that humongous SDCC Smallville bag :p

Tycho
08-17-2007, 01:10 AM
My sometimes (whatever) girlfriend looked really hot tonight and asked the stock guy to go in the back and get a 2008 BumbleBee tonight. Cha-ching!

You were saying I shouldn't trade it for...

Does anyone have an extra Lushros Dofine or Moff Jerjerrod? How about Ewok Diety C-3PO? :D

Actually, maybe I won't trade my (sometimes....whatever) girlfriend. Sometimes she's everything I always wanted.

JediTricks
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
So did Bumblebee, yet you traded that first one for 2 mules and some toilet paper.

figrin bran
08-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Your trading buddy has probably been laughing all week at how he fleeced you on this deal ;)

BountyHunterScum
08-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Got 08 bumblebee this afternoon along with both GI Joe 25th 5 packs.

Tycho
08-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I just got Leader Class Brawl! Totally awesome!

This toy emanates with Michael-Bay-Power!

It seriously looks great with my MP Megatron and MP Starscream.

I have not even transformed him from robot mode once yet and I totally dig this figure!

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
So over a month ago I sent in my defective Cybertron Megatron dino figure, and yesterday I finally got my replacement in the mail from Hasbro Customer Care. However, they didn't have Megs in stock anymore, so they sent me something of equal value. Their idea of "equal value" kinda sucks though, as it's another Cybertron figure - you know, the kind you can find a ton of places on sale now! So they sent me Downshift, who is 10 kinds of awesome, but I already have him and you can't give the f'ing thing away on ebay. I guess this will go into storage to await a later trade opportunity, or maybe I'll get my painting skills up to snuff and give him an alternate look.

figrin bran
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I just got Leader Class Brawl! Totally awesome!

This toy emanates with Michael-Bay-Power!

It seriously looks great with my MP Megatron and MP Starscream.

I have not even transformed him from robot mode once yet and I totally dig this figure!

You forget - "Michael Bay Power" doesn't mean a thing to rest of us! If anything, that's a detriment!

So where did you find Leader Brawl?

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Target, the man said in the LA Just Found thread.

Tycho
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
You forget - "Michael Bay Power" doesn't mean a thing to rest of us! If anything, that's a detriment!

So where did you find Leader Brawl?

Yup. Target. My trading buddy that was supposedly laughing at me over the BumbleBee deal called me this morning to say he'd found Brawl at our store (I'd slept in after hunting down almost all the Wave 4 SW yesterday morning).

And low and behold, I now have Brawl. When my MP-06 Skywarp arrives, (haven't even been charged for it yet - I think it ships next month on the 15th), my Transformers Collection will be complete (as of for now):

MP-01 Optimus Prime
Alt SideSwipe
Alt Smokescreen
Alt Hound
Alt Tracks
Alt Meister (Jazz)
Alt Wheeljack
Alt Sunstreaker
Alt Mirage

MP-05 Megatron
MP-03 Starscream
MP-06 Skywarp
Leader Class Brawl
Alt Ravage
Alt Rumble
Deluxe Scorponok

Deluxe BumbleBee and Deluxe Barricade do not go with the above collection IMO. Nor does Cyber-Stompin' Optimus Prime. The plush "Buddies" kind of tempt me, too - but I haven't bought them yet.

I want:

some form of MP-Blackout, MP-BoneCrusher (movie version), Deluxe Alt Ratchet (movie version), Deluxe Alt Ironhide (movie version), Alt BumbleBee (2008 Camaro) and we'll see what they can do with Soundwave in the future, else I may try and add the classic G1 with Laserbeak to my big mix above (I don't transform Megatron into a gun larger than a semi-truck, so I guess for the toy I could accept a walkman).

I'd really like it if in the next movie the Autobots add Powerglide as a tankbuster plane and a MP / Ultra Class version of him is made. That'd be supercool. He could have a hologram of Michael Bay as his pilot, visible through the window!

Michael Bay is so cool!

Tycho
08-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Brawl had a pretty cool transformation. As a bot, he has a couple of interesting concealed weapon reveals including a 4 barrel rocket launcher, a machine gun, and "Wolverine claws."

I like his machine gun / cannon sound effects too.

Some small parts pop off and then back on again (accidentally) during transformation. It's hard to make everything fit tightly in order to snap shut, but once you get there it's a very solid piece.

Turn his head around when transforming him into a tank so he's not looking out of the manhole hatch.

Anyway, I took some pictures of my entire Transformers collection, brawl included. I just need to download them and then I'll post them here.

Tycho
08-23-2007, 01:49 PM
My pictures were too large to post. I'm editing them down in my photo program, but don't have a moment to do that at this second.

Wal-Mart got in more Deluxes and Leader Class Brawl for Transformers.

Now I think I need 2 (in total) of 2008 BumbleBees. I also bought Deluxe LongArm to just remain as Mikaela's tow truck to tow him into battle against my 2nd Leader Class Brawl.

I figured if I owned 2 Brawls, I'd never have to transform him! But really he is a superior product and I like being able to display him in both modes.

I re-evaluated the movie toys once again, today. I went to another Wal-Mart and I sat on the floor in front of the shelf with their Voyager-Class. A woman working there thought I was praying and said "God bless you." I indicated Optimus Prime and suggested, "My God." Several other shoppers (elderly lady and a elderly man not with the previous customer) came by and stared at me, but didn't dare enter the isle.

Maybe I should say: "USA JUST FOUND: California: LA area - spiritual experience in Wal-Mart?" Well I guess that should be posted in the R&P forum.

Anyway, my exciting analysis is to be revealed NOW:

Optimus Prime - all inferior product with ugly kibble. Sorry. It's not what I'm looking for.

BumbleBee - 1977 sucks like Go-Bots, but 2008 is one of the best Transformers ever made, especially considering how small he is.

Jazz is actually too big. He looks good, but....

Ironhide and Ratchet sport a new movie look whereas I don't like their head / face sculpts that much and they don't resemble their G1 appearance. Their movie looks are actually cool, (alt modes) but the toys aren't up to par.

Megatron is just aweful all around. No CGI or toy can save that design. He needs to be really big, too.

Starscream - same thing. He looks to be a cross with Optimus PRIMAL from Beast Wars. Not good! Too much robot parts showing on his fighter jet mode, too. In any case, he needs an Ultra Supreme class or whatever to get him even close to an accurate size.

Brawl is perfect as a leader class toy.

Scorponok is fine as a Deluxe as long as you don't transform him into a robot. In the movie, he never does that and expanded source material claims he's a drone and doesn't transform anyway.

Frenzy is great in the film, but it'd be hard to make a toy that gets into a boombox of the scale that goes along with the other robots.

Barricade is a pretty good Saleen as a toy. As a robot, he needs hands - badly! But I finally accepted him as he is.

Bonecrusher seriously needs a Leader Class toy to approach the right size.

Blackout would be awesome as an Ultra Supreme figure! I'd so want this more than any other Transformer.

figrin bran
08-23-2007, 09:47 PM
No, any version of Optimus Primal > Movie Starscream

There are rumors floating around that Hasbro has fallen so behind in the production of movie toys that they're pulling a TSC and shipping Cybertron and Classics to stores just to have TF product on the shelves.

Tycho
08-24-2007, 01:54 AM
There are rumors floating around that Hasbro has fallen so behind in the production of movie toys that they're pulling a TSC and shipping Cybertron and Classics to stores just to have TF product on the shelves.

It's true. But I think that was either backstock that the retailers had already, or Hasbro's backstock they witheld for the movie promo.

But any and all Transformers stuff is selling enmasse now.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
There are rumors floating around that Hasbro has fallen so behind in the production of movie toys that they're pulling a TSC and shipping Cybertron and Classics to stores just to have TF product on the shelves.This is absolutely true, Duarte Wal-mart is stuffed with old Cybertron and Classics releases, the most hilarious is Cybertron Primus still at $50. I heard a kid there a few weeks back, his mom said "look, this is Transformers stuff too" and he retorts "yeah, but that's old Transformers". Way to go Hasbro!

Anyway, I found Leader-class Brawl at Target Duarte the other day and bought him. He's a little small for a Leader in alt mode, but makes up for it in bot mode (if you count all the kibble and weapons). Really would have been nice to see a little better deco, it's close but the mismatched paint and the milky gray plastic is a downer, and the Decepticon logo on the main barrel is embarrassingly poor. Oh, and I forgot, the clear crap totally fails, they should have painted that stuff over and let ambient light pass through the paint instead. Tank mode is pretty good, maybe the best tank they've ever produced (which is kinda pathetic for every other TF tank), the main turret rotates and the gun elevates a little, then the upper turret rotates separately and can slightly elevate as well. Electronics aren't the worst but not bringing much to the party either and can be left in "always on" mode which is not smart. The only kibble is the folded up robot feet as barrels, it doesn't quite work - oh, and the head can be seen inside the driver's open station (turning it around kinda helps but it's clear and looks out of place). The middle tread-cover panels don't like to lock into place, even with massaging it takes some doing to get them all the way held. The front plate from the head's automorph doesn't lock as neatly into position as it should, and the automorph can be triggered accidentally in alt mode.

Transformation is complex, lots of moving panels including some spring-loaded ones (the one on the gun barrel is a real pain in the ***, they didn't actually design clean clearance around it). There's some clever stuff with how the treads fold into the legs, the arms would be cheaty but they did a good enough job that they're totally covered in alt mode and the shell crap isn't too exposed in bot mode - it's half a shellmaster but pretty much gets away with it. Transformation back to alt mode is what the instructions cover, and they make it a lot more difficult than it really is, I actually had to give up on them in the middle and figure it out for myself - that's f'ing rare for me as I always try to do it Hasbro's way first.

Bot mode is beefier than the Deluxe and the legs don't camber out at the knees which is a shame because it'd look a lot better. The bot pretty much works, the chest claw kibble gets in the way of the arms a bit but it's not too bad. There's a good amount of detail sculpted in, much of it is lost in the sea of green plastic - a paint wash would have done this sucker wonders. The legs are kinda blocky and the feet not quite right, the flip-down knives look better as toes but that's unintentional. The feet have only 1 little side-tilt point of articulation, they should have slid forward and moved up and down, this does hurt some but the legs are otherwise mobile so there's compensation to be made. The arms have the most detail, the claw hands hinge slightly at the wrist and then the 2 fingers and thumb are hinged at the first knuckle, it's pretty cool and has a wide range of poseability. The arms have articulation roughly on par with the deluxe, only without the shoulders detaching all the time, it's a little awkward and he can't reach too far in front of his chest, but it's enough to be passable. The head can rotate awkwardly and look up a tiny bit, it's enough, but he can't see past his tank tread shoulders to either side. There's no way to activate the majority of the electronics in bot mode without slightly resetting automorph, but the main cannon fires when you push it inwards. The right arm has a nifty 4-barrel slide-out blaster while the left has a flip-up gattling gun that slides back to rotate the twin knives around in front of his hand (this pops off easily, so be careful). The head looks decent, bigger and a little tougher than the deluxe, the eyes here are light-piped, they're clear with red paint which isn't ideal (uneven coverage) but works.

Bottom line, it's pretty good, feels a little small for Leader, and deserved a better deco. Grade would be B+ territory, yesterday it would have been "A" but more little foibles crept up the more I messed with him.

Tycho
08-25-2007, 10:38 AM
That was a really good review of Leader Class Brawl, JT.

I really like him and think highly of him myself.

Next I'd love a Leader Class BLACKOUT!

figrin bran
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the Leader Brawl review JT! That was one that I was on the fence on, still am due to space constraints but we'll see.

I picked up the G1 repaint of Movie Jazz from Target along with 3 of the Movie Robot Hero sets. The set I passed up was Ratchet/Megs incidentally. Frenzy actually translates well into the RH format, I think. (somebody is going to have a snarky response to that, i just know it)

Tycho
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I finally opened 2008 Deluxe BumbleBee and I am very impressed. It is a fine figure with a cool (somewhat movie -accurate) transformation.

He is very fragile and I think I'll stick with my plan to own 2 of him so I don't have to risk damaging him or his paint ap while transforming him - or I at least have a backup should I decide to play with one more. But it's a nice, very poseable figure.

Figrin: LC Brawl is very much worth it. You have me and JT in agreement on that one. Hop off the fence!

figrin bran
08-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Figrin: LC Brawl is very much worth it. You have me and JT in agreement on that one. Hop off the fence!

Well, first I have to actually see one in the stores. Brawl was the first movie toy I bought but my high hopes were dashed by those pesky shoulders.

I opened up the Jazz repaint and as I don't own the previous movie version, I wasn't prepared by how underwhelming it would be. Jazz's hands are pathetic and more like robotic versions of kitten paws. I haven't really figured out how to get him to hold his weapon.

Tycho
08-26-2007, 02:27 AM
That's my exact fear about opening Barricade. I have him to basically have the Saleen Mustang chasing a 2nd BumbleBee as a car, but I prefer the 2008 BB.

The 77 Camaro transforms cheaply IMO and I'm not sure it's worth my bother.

The funny thing is, the 2008 is almost worth more than $10 and it could almost be fair to be charged the $20 Alternator price for it (just smaller in size, less sturdy in construction, and no rubber tires).

If I had to say certain Transformers were worth it now:

Movie Leader Class Brawl
Movie Deluxe BumbleBee

I did buy Longarm to display as a towtruck, but that's it. (OH and Scorponok to put with my Alts / MPs as a drone).

I think they could do awesome with a Leader Class Blackout, maybe BoneCrusher, as well.

Like I said, I'm really hesitant to open Barricade. I suppose I can still take him back if I do, but I don't like to be like that.

My friend bought the last Leader Class Prime we saw the other day (Friday I think -at Target) and he plans to bring it with him so I can examine it loose and re-evaluate it. Incidentally, Leader Class Megatron came in when Prime did and STILL has not sold when I stopped by Target today at like 3pm! (Can anyone say "sucks?") I mean most Transformers sell out within minutes to hours after they are stocked (but you never know - Megatron could have been something on hold or returned).

Anyway, I might even collect a 3rd 2008 BumbleBee (for $10 it's a bargain!) and save him to go with potentially cooler 2009 Transformers 2 figures. There's always hope that they'll make better movie toys for the sequel now that they know it's REALLY worth the investment.

JetsAndHeels
08-26-2007, 08:51 AM
This has probably been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I am too lazy too look through it all...

has anyone bought voyager Megatron? Is it worth it?
I spotted 2 at WM here yesterday. I am probably going to go by there again later today, and if by chance there is one left I may get it.

Any thoughts?

figrin bran
08-26-2007, 11:59 AM
J&H, I don't like the movie design for Megatron so I'm not buying any of the toys. However Best Buy is supposed to be getting an exclusive metallic looking repaint of that Voyager Megatron. While I still won't get that one, at least it looks a bit better than the regular Voyager.

JetsAndHeels
08-26-2007, 05:43 PM
J&H, I don't like the movie design for Megatron so I'm not buying any of the toys. However Best Buy is supposed to be getting an exclusive metallic looking repaint of that Voyager Megatron. While I still won't get that one, at least it looks a bit better than the regular Voyager.

Thanks for the info..I passed on it today anyway. Went to Target and saw the new version of movie Jazz..passed on that too and instead got the new JLU Supes fig. :)

Tycho
08-26-2007, 11:49 PM
I opened LongArm and he's kind of cheap. The arm falls off of mine while transforming him. *sigh* Also, why does an Autobot have red eyes?

Anyway, I got him to be a towtruck prop and that is what he'll be.

So far I only see the quality in 2008 BumbleBee and Leader Class Brawl.

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Glad you liked the review guys.

That was one that I was on the fence on, still am due to space constraints but we'll see. Leader-class Brawl gives a good size context to figures like deluxe Bumblebee & Jazz and Voyager Ironhide & Ratchet, so if you can make space for any of them guys, it'll work. And for anybody who isn't a scale-purist, it's a good figure to work off Leader Prime (since Leader Megs is so horrible).

I opened up the Jazz repaint and as I don't own the previous movie version, I wasn't prepared by how underwhelming it would be. Jazz's hands are pathetic and more like robotic versions of kitten paws. I haven't really figured out how to get him to hold his weapon.Yeah, that's its real weakness, those forearms. The lower half flips out of the way and you plug the weapon into the underside of the upper half - if it's like the regular.

That's my exact fear about opening Barricade. I have him to basically have the Saleen Mustang chasing a 2nd BumbleBee as a car, but I prefer the 2008 BB.Nah, it's nowhere near as bad as Jazz's sad excuse for forearms, Barricade isn't a "hand" guy in the movie anyway and his hands do look handy from the inside, they're not as un-whole or goofy as Jazz.

This has probably been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I am too lazy too look through it all...

I spotted 2 at WM here yesterday. I am probably going to go by there again later today, and if by chance there is one left I may get it.

Any thoughts?
Seen him a lot at TRU, passed every time. Seems to be a small-ish fig, translucent blue plastic ice holding some pieces which doesn't look very good (the idea is the ice is COVERING those parts, but totally fails to convey this) and limited playability.

I opened LongArm and he's kind of cheap. The arm falls off of mine while transforming him. *sigh* Also, why does an Autobot have red eyes?

Anyway, I got him to be a towtruck prop and that is what he'll be.

So far I only see the quality in 2008 BumbleBee and Leader Class Brawl.Well, keep in mind that's out of the 3 you've bought, that's a big deal, you're making it sound like you've experienced all the figures or something when you've personally experienced just the figures mentioned in that post right there (my Frenzy doesn't count as he's a FAB which is a concept that is supposed to take liberties).

figrin bran
08-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Arms falling off is nothing Tycho! The alternative would be arms that break off completely and need to be glued back on.

I'm sure there's no TF in existence that can rival Titanium Megs' arms in terms of fall off ability.

JT, I still haven't bought Leader Prime either so i'm afraid that if I get him or Brawl then I'll feel compelled to get the other. :p

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Not the worst thing in the world. :D Brawl works with just the deluxe and/or voyager entries as well because he's in their scale, there's something to be said for that.

figrin bran
08-27-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't own any of the Movie Voyagers JT. ;)

I forgot to mention that I did see one repaint Starscream at La Brea Target yesterday. Usually I'm a sucker for TF jets, I even bought Cybertron Skywarp (was that ever a bad move on my part) when it was on clearance but I just can't bring myself to buy this version of SS.

I'll bet that once I see Leader Brawl, I won't be able to resist! My wallet cannot repel toys of that magnitude! :p

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 04:29 PM
You should probably buy some figures dude. :p

I dunno what it is about the G1-repaint Starscream, but as soon as I saw pics of that I knew I wasn't going to like it, and went out and bought the regular movie deco instead which I had been holding off on. I don't love the figure or the color all that much, but both the G1 repaint and the Thundercracker redo didn't work for me at all in pics.

orionlukteel
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM

Any thoughts?

Bought one a couple weeks ago when it was the only TF on the shelf, have regretted it ever since. The icicles looked good on a Gargoyles Brooklyn, but on Megatron, not so much.

There was a flood of Voyager Primes and Megatrons on the shelf at Wal-Mart today, was tempted to pick up a Prime but am holding out for a Leader Prime.
There aren't even any Voyager Ratchets left around here. Did see one Ratchet repaint last week, didn't pick him up.

Finally found Leader Megatron at a Target today, my first sighting, no joke.
I picked him up b/c he looks a lot better as a robot than a freezee-pop. :D

Still have yet to see Arcee or '08 Bumblebee, or much of anything else. But there's hope!

JetsAndHeels
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I decided to pass on the Voyager Megs. I can think of better ways to spend 20 bucks (like get some football cards or a dvd).

Right now the only movie TF that I want to get is the 08 Bumblebee.

Tycho
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Right now the only movie TF that I want to get is the 08 Bumblebee.

That's a really good figure - and only $10, too!

figrin bran
08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Leader class Prime is finally mine!!!

This probably means I'll get Brawl as well

JetsAndHeels
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
That's a really good figure - and only $10, too!

I heard the Luke/Mara Jade set is better.

Sorry tycho, I had to. :)

Tycho
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Very funny J&H. Very funny.

Well my friend brought over a bunch of his Transformers tonight and we played with them and drank CapriSuns. OK, I'm eight years old. Anyway...

Leader Class Prime is way worth it! This is an excellent toy and I was impressed. The "I told you sos" are expected and fine by me now.

Barricade - I don't have mine open - is better than I thought he'd be. His hands DO open more than pictures on the web have indicated. Everyone else transforms him wrong. It just takes someone as smart as I am to come along and transform him right after I trade a 2008 BumbleBee for Luke and Mara Jade.

Robo-Vision / Voyager Class Prime is ...eh. Not worth $20 or whatever they charge. The funny thing is that BumbleBee IS worth that much but you can buy him for a bargain! In the end run, Voyager Prime might work with Deluxe BoneCrusher, but I doubt it. In any case, like I said, it's not worth it anyway.

Meanwhile Voyager Blackout is too small and doesn't really go with anything (sure - Starscream - but I was just saying that Blackout doesn't really go with ANYTHING). His transformation leaves a huge back to the helicopter as major kibble. For the 10th time or more, I really want a grand leader-class Blackout or something even larger and that would be awesome!

So add to my decent Transformers list:

Deluxe BumbleBee 2008
Deluxe Barricade w. Frenzy
Leader Class Brawl
Leader Class Optimus Prime
Deluxe Scorponok (if you don't transform him but use him as a prop with Alts)

figrin bran
08-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Not every parent is willing to shell out $40 for a Leader Prime for their kids so a $20 Voyager might be more reasonable for them.

I don't have Blackout but I've seen pictures that show that the kibble you're so concerned about can be removed and used as a spinning blade weapon. At least for me, kibble in the back is often acceptable as it tends to help robot modes look bulkier and more imposing.

figrin bran
08-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I saw Leader Class Brawl this morning at TRU and it just force pulled into my hands! :p

I kind of broke my budget for the week but since I haven't found any wave 4 TAC, that's okay.

But this time I do solemnly vow to not buy any more movie TF's.

Tycho
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but if you open your Leader Class Brawl Figrin, you'll see he's worth it and I'm sure you'll be glad you bought it.

I think it's a smart purchase now, while you have less competition than when the holiday season starts up and people will be going frantic for Transformers.

I hope to come up with a Leader Class Prime shortly, myself - as I don't like to go anywhere near many of the stores during the holiday season.

figrin bran
08-29-2007, 05:33 PM
For once I agree with you Tycho! lol

Since I'm not finding any wave 4 yet, I'm just using the money that would've gone towards those and use it for Brawl instead. Who knows when I'll see more of them so I might as well grab him now.

I haven't opened him up yet and will do so later on but I'm sure I'll like it. Even with the problems with the shoulders, I still liked the deluxe version so I can't wait to transform the leader version.

I don't really like going to a lot of the local stores during the holidays either. You can ask JT about it - our local TRU is next to a Costco and a Best Buy and there's usually a lot of traffic when it's not the holidays. There's also a mall just a few blocks away with a newly opened Target so even if you take shortcuts to get there, it's still too much of a hassle. Plus I hate it when there's 10 billion shopping carts in the aisles along with 5 billion strollers.

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I decided to pass on the Voyager Megs. I can think of better ways to spend 20 bucks (like get some football cards or a dvd).I saw this thing again today, looks like a total waste, you saved wisely.

Leader class Prime is finally mine!!!Congrats, I haven't seen him in a while so good for ya's.

Leader Class Prime is way worth it! This is an excellent toy and I was impressed. The "I told you sos" are expected and fine by me now.Now you owe me 2 dlx '08 Bumblebees, 1 for disrespecting the first one and spending it on magic beans, the other for being so mouthy about a figure I told everybody was the greatest thing since sliced bread for the past 3 months. :p

Barricade - I don't have mine open - is better than I thought he'd be. His hands DO open more than pictures on the web have indicated. Everyone else transforms him wrong. It just takes someone as smart as I am to come along and transform him right after I trade a 2008 BumbleBee for Luke and Mara Jade.Oh, I'm sure you really found a winner, do tell. The only thing that everybody does wrong is leave the shoulders alone, they should rotate on the vertical axes like I said months ago.

I don't have Blackout but I've seen pictures that show that the kibble you're so concerned about can be removed and used as a spinning blade weapon. At least for me, kibble in the back is often acceptable as it tends to help robot modes look bulkier and more imposing.Yeah, it comes off, folds in half, pops onto his shoulder and pegs into his hand, spins the rotors, looks pretty nifty actually.

I saw Leader Class Brawl this morning at TRU and it just force pulled into my hands! :p Congrats on that buy too!

I kind of broke my budget for the week but since I haven't found any wave 4 TAC, that's okay.

But this time I do solemnly vow to not buy any more movie TF's.Don't worry about it, there's nothing to find with Hasbro being so damned stingy. I've never ever had this much trouble finding TFs before. I haven't got anything from the Bumblebee '08 wave on still, and I hit half a dozen stores in the 105-degree valley today in search. :( No SW either.

BountyHunterScum
08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks like ultimate ripoffbee is selling modestly.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Don't worry about it, there's nothing to find with Hasbro being so damned stingy. I've never ever had this much trouble finding TFs before. I haven't got anything from the Bumblebee '08 wave on still, and I hit half a dozen stores in the 105-degree valley today in search. :( No SW either.

I hear ya JT. It has never been like this with TF's. never. With no TF's and no GI Joe single packs and no SW, just what exactly has Hasbro been producing lately???

I really like Leader Prime and Brawl! Tycho and/or JT, how do you guys get Brawl's head to lock into place when transforming to a tank?

JediTricks
08-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Looks like ultimate ripoffbee is selling modestly.Very well here, unfortunately, I haven't seen one in a week or more. Everything from the movie is selling except for Cyber Slammers, the Starscream blaster, the activity computers (there's a creepy second one out now where Prime's face slides open in the middle) with the stupid voices and dumb lines, the head flashlights, and a few other ancillary pieces of crap. Even the cyber stompers and real gear sell through pretty fast now, it's awful.

I hear ya JT. It has never been like this with TF's. never. With no TF's and no GI Joe single packs and no SW, just what exactly has Hasbro been producing lately??? Marvel garbage out the wazoo, apparently.

I really like Leader Prime and Brawl! Tycho and/or JT, how do you guys get Brawl's head to lock into place when transforming to a tank?Mine sticks into place when the automorph engages, the panel doesn't really lock but the gearing holds that panel firmly in place. Is it possible yours has ratcheted out of position by 1 click? It's really easy to accidentally ratchet, I think, because when you swing the chest down the head plate can hang if it's not positioned right.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Mine sticks into place when the automorph engages, the panel doesn't really lock but the gearing holds that panel firmly in place. Is it possible yours has ratcheted out of position by 1 click? It's really easy to accidentally ratchet, I think, because when you swing the chest down the head plate can hang if it's not positioned right.

I think that's probably what happened - the panel got ratcheted out of place by a click or two.

As for Ultimate Rip Off, I saw a scalper pick one up the other day. I'd hate to imagine what he might charge for it. I also saw local scalpers pick up this TRU exclusive multipack of the Movie Legends carp which was really, really ridiculous I thought. Especially considering that they weren't even remotely interested in the Leader Brawls at that store.

BountyHunterScum
08-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Very well here, unfortunately, I haven't seen one in a week or more. Everything from the movie is selling except for Cyber Slammers, the Starscream blaster, the activity computers (there's a creepy second one out now where Prime's face slides open in the middle) with the stupid voices and dumb lines, the head flashlights, and a few other ancillary pieces of crap. Even the cyber stompers and real gear sell through pretty fast now, it's awful.

Marvel garbage out the wazoo, apparently.

Mine sticks into place when the automorph engages, the panel doesn't really lock but the gearing holds that panel firmly in place. Is it possible yours has ratcheted out of position by 1 click? It's really easy to accidentally ratchet, I think, because when you swing the chest down the head plate can hang if it's not positioned right.

PT Barnum: There is a sucker born every minute. Words to live by, the $80-90 price tag doesn't seem to phase these people. The debt collectors and such are going to have a field day with this. Bumblebee will eventually go on clearance, a little patience is all it takes. It's pretty obvious the gotta have it no matter what's are gonna buy the thing but when the smart people come along noone will pay that. I predict the first few cases of it will sell but after that a huge decline in sales will occur. I saw one tonight my friend who works there said they had two last night so some idiot forked over $90 in the last 24 hours like it was nothing. The whole bumblebee camaro thing is a gimmick, I liked the car way before TF even came out. Like I said when it goes on clearance it's mine but if that takes a long time then I won't even bother to buy it. I've got the $10 one and I hear that one borders on impossible to find so I chose not to open it until it becomes readily available and if it never does it'll never get opened. I like the car, not really the robot as much as the car. I freaking hate lemmings, they buy anything and everything which encourages toy companies to jack up prices more more and even more.

El Chuxter
08-31-2007, 01:40 AM
$80 would be far better spent on some of the 20th Anniversary Prime re-releases that were still at the local WM last time I went.

BountyHunterScum
08-31-2007, 01:48 AM
$80 would be far better spent on some of the 20th Anniversary Prime re-releases that were still at the local WM last time I went.

People aren't ever going to get it, its like the blind leading the blind. I think by the time it goes on clearance a couple of decades from now I'm gonna see it again and say "I actually wanted that piece of crap?". I'm just saying this sh-t because I'm mad but I'll probably end up saying it anyway just for spite.

orionlukteel
08-31-2007, 05:00 PM

wow - it was really $80???

I passed it up on clearance b/c it was still $50.

I like it, I'm not sure I $50 like it. :)

Chaddymac
08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
wow - it was really $80???

I passed it up on clearance b/c it was still $50.

I like it, I'm not sure I $50 like it. :)
Dude - I would've paid $110 for that baby. Oh wait, I did. Twice.

Tycho
08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I got my Leader Class Prime today. He is awesome!

I might buy a 2nd one so I won't have to transform him.

The times have really gotten interesting: I like Transformers that really transform (well, I did buy the CyberStompin' Prime too though) but I buy duplicates of them so that I don't actually have to transform them.:rolleyes:

But it's important that they ARE able to transform. :rolleyes:

I just don't like to do that. :rolleyes:

But one thing it is actually testimony to is that I think the toys are significantly more fragile than I remember a lot of G1 being. G1 stuff never BROKE on me, and while these toys have not either, they FEEL like they could. But Prime is pretty solid - I'm just not overly confident (thus the "need 2" paranoid mentality).

Of course, if I bought a 2nd Leader Class Optimus, maybe I'll want a 3rd Leader Class Brawl :rolleyes:

OK, I KNOW I am nuts. We're not disputing that.

However, I have NO DESIRE for Leader Class Megatron. What does that say about him? "Such a bad toy that not even insane people want him?" OK, now that is a problem.

figrin bran
08-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Tycho, I worry a bit about the movie TF's as well. Specifically all the springs in the automorph mechanisms. I have a bad feeling that over time, they won't work any longer thus making transformation really difficult.

I picked up a Longarm today and that indeed will be the last movie toy i buy.

Tycho
09-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I picked up a Longarm today and that indeed will be the last movie toy i buy.

Is that a reference to your feelings about LongArm?

BountyHunterScum
09-01-2007, 02:05 AM
I really want ultimate bumblebee but $90 is insane.

JediTricks
09-01-2007, 02:14 AM
First off, TFs today are actually in general MORE reliable than their G1 counterparts, where you'd have brittle plastic turning inside die cast metal, leading to common breakage like Mirage's waist or any of the chrome accessories. Hasbro actually drop-tests their toys now by comparison. Granted, panels are meant to come off before breaking so some figures pop apart easier, but they go back together unlike the classic versions.

Anyway, I think Leader Prime is awesome and doesn't at all feel fragile to me. But I wouldn't for a second consider getting a second one so I wouldn't have to transform him, I think his transformation scheme is awesome - the right level of interesting and complex, with tons of parts moving around into new locations.

Most of the Automorphs are actually gear-driven so even if the springs die they should be able to easily get in and out of their modes without trouble.

I spotted my first new TF Deluxe in around 2 months and bought it...
Dreadwing - awful awful awful. This is easily among the worst entries in the line, even Scorponok's bot mode is better than this turkey. The underside kibble is horrendously shameless and taller than the plane itself. The bot mode is painfully out of scale to itself, poorly-articulated, and just sloppy-ugly. The drone face is totally without character and doesn't even look like it was transformed correctly. The vehicle parts are so poorly used in bot mode that it looks like a knockoff. The best thing I can think to say about this entry is it makes Swindle look less like a piece of **** by comparison. But honestly, as interesting as the transformation might be, ultimately it's not supported by a design that would be called a bad bootleg if another company released it.

Man do I need a better TF dlx in my hands soon!

figrin bran
09-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Is that a reference to your feelings about LongArm?

No, not at all. Longarm is alright and it's just that I don't see any more movie toys on the horizon that I would want to get. I don't want Thundercracker nor the Leader Prime repaint just to name a few.

JediTricks
09-01-2007, 02:56 AM
The Osprey "Incinerator" and the Sector 7 buggy "Landmine" from next year will likely pique your interest.

Tycho
09-01-2007, 03:58 AM
They should make Powerglide an Osprey in the next movie and a Leader Class Autobot toy!

That would be cool.

figrin bran
09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
The Osprey "Incinerator" and the Sector 7 buggy "Landmine" from next year will likely pique your interest.

I don't care for the buggy but as I'm a sucker for TF planes, I'd definitely want an Osprey.

Tycho
09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I just saw the movie again tonight. I soooo want a Leader Class Blackout!

I have to reconsider buying Jazz, too. His figure is just slightly larger than it should be.

JediTricks
09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks to Figgy B, I now have Longarm. This is a really good figure. I didn't even want to like him, but they did almost everything right. Alt mode is nice, transformation is cool, and bot mode is very badass with tons of poseability. I would have liked to see the gun removable, but at least he can hold it well. The only issues I feel are the way the front end halves come together, it's a little tough and then the mid-torso joint causes one side to want to boogie - luckily the doors hold it in place.

Tycho
09-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Doesn't one of his arms fall off your LongArm while transforming him? Or is it a leg? I forgot. I just bought him because I love the towtruck mode.

Oh and This is too funny to NOT link to here: (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=149784) BumbleBee's girlfriend. :D

figrin bran
09-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Doesn't one of his arms fall off your LongArm while transforming him? Or is it a leg? I forgot. I just bought him because I love the towtruck mode.

Oh and This is too funny to NOT link to here: (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=149784) BumbleBee's girlfriend. :D

Longarm's legs and arms have ball joints so both can come off but it's really nothing to worry about. Tycho, you're much too worried about breaking these things and they're more durable than you think. I don't hear you worrying about breaking SW figs. :p

JT, if you really wanted to, you could always unscrew the gun.

JediTricks
09-03-2007, 06:08 PM
No, the legs and arms are firmly in place on mine, no troubles whatsoever, not a single piece has come off of my figure, it's solid.

Yeah, I know I could, but I would have preferred they did something more lock-in/lock-out than that.

orionlukteel
09-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Finally found a Leader Prime yesterday, VERY nice figure and very cool vehicle mode.

But I have no idea how they expect kids to follow those ridiculous directions??? Maybe I'm just losing it, but a couple of those steps were a little obtuse. :thumbsup:

Tycho
09-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Nope. That's all part of the Transformers experience.

Much of the time, people get these and try to convert them without the directions. However, on the really cool and complex ones, you need to compare them to the pictures on the box, use the instructions, and your own intuition. Needing all that is actually sometimes a good sign that these were well-thought-out when they were designed.

Looking at Leader Class Prime as a robot, it's great that it's not readily apparent where everything goes when he transforms, as it's slightly challenging to figure him out.

figrin bran
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Nope. That's all part of the Transformers experience.

Much of the time, people get these and try to convert them without the directions. However, on the really cool and complex ones, you need to compare them to the pictures on the box, use the instructions, and your own intuition. Needing all that is actually sometimes a good sign that these were well-thought-out when they were designed.

And exactly how many Transformers do you own again? :p

Sometimes the instructions are misleading and/or confusing and so looking at the pictures on the box/cardback really helps.

Tycho
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
And exactly how many Transformers do you own again? :p

20 or more. Good question:

1. Alt Sideswipe
2 Alt Smokescreen
3. MP Optimus Prime
4. Alt Hound
5. Alt Tracks
6. Alt Meister (Jazz)
7. Alt Wheeljack
8. Alt Sunstreaker
9. Alt Mirage
10. MP Starscream
11. Alt Ravage
12. Alt Rumble
13. MP Megatron
14. Movie Dlx. Scorponok
15. Movie Dlx. 2008 BumbleBee
16. Movie Dlx. 2008 BumbleBee
17. Movie Dlx. Barricade
18. Movie LC Brawl
19. Movie LC Brawl
20. Movie LC Optimus Prime
21. Movie Dlx. LongArm
22. CyberStompin' Optimus Prime w. Peter Cullen's voice
23. MP Skywarp (coming shortly)

I think that's it.

Quality over quantity.

I want a Movie LC Blackout.

I'm considering Movie Voyagers Ironhide and Ratchet, but want my friend to get them first so I can take them for a test drive.

JediTricks
09-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Finally found a Leader Prime yesterday, VERY nice figure and very cool vehicle mode.

But I have no idea how they expect kids to follow those ridiculous directions??? Maybe I'm just losing it, but a couple of those steps were a little obtuse. :thumbsup:Well, he's a level-4 transformation, so it is to be expected. He's got so many shifting and folding things going on that it's hard to keep track, I don't think younger kids really will be able to do it, but then again, kids are a lot more advanced than us old folks were at their age, it's a generational thing, they can use computers and understand complex situations earlier than we could because they have access to better tools.

Glad you got and dig him! :cool:

Much of the time, people get these and try to convert them without the directions. However, on the really cool and complex ones, you need to compare them to the pictures on the box, use the instructions, and your own intuition. Needing all that is actually sometimes a good sign that these were well-thought-out when they were designed.Generally, most people try the "if it moves, move it" thing and then go to the instructions if it doesn't pan out. I am so sick of those TF fans who complain about a figure they mistransformed though, that is super stale.

Box pics are often useless as their photographers don't know how to transform them either, and sometimes the prototypes don't match up, and sometimes there's a busted piece they have to fudge.

Complex for complex's sake doesn't automatically mean good though, sometimes you'll get a figure where they threw in 5 extra steps just for the sake of moving parts around, and it detracts instead of enhances.

And exactly how many Transformers do you own again? :pOH SNAP! You're my hero today Bran! :thumbsup:

20 or more. Good question:

1. Alt Sideswipe
2 Alt Smokescreen
3. MP Optimus Prime
4. Alt Hound
5. Alt Tracks
6. Alt Meister (Jazz)
7. Alt Wheeljack
8. Alt Sunstreaker
9. Alt Mirage
10. MP Starscream
11. Alt Ravage
12. Alt Rumble
13. MP Megatron
14. Movie Dlx. Scorponok
15. Movie Dlx. 2008 BumbleBee
16. Movie Dlx. 2008 BumbleBee
17. Movie Dlx. Barricade
18. Movie LC Brawl
19. Movie LC Brawl
20. Movie LC Optimus Prime
21. Movie Dlx. LongArm
22. CyberStompin' Optimus Prime w. Peter Cullen's voice
23. MP Skywarp (coming shortly)

I think that's it.

Quality over quantity.

I want a Movie LC Blackout.

I'm considering Movie Voyagers Ironhide and Ratchet, but want my friend to get them first so I can take them for a test drive.Twenty?!? Dude, I bought more than that in the last 3 months! And this "quality over quantity" snobbery is a load of horsecrap, you were all snobby over Barricade and Leader Prime and all the movie figures for MONTHS.

BTW, Cyber Stompers don't count as ANYTHING.

You will probably like Movie Ratchet because you have bad taste :p but I doubt you'll like Ironhide because of his floppy chest panels. He's actually not too bad, but you're pretty picky so I bet you'll go with Ratchet over Ironhide even though Ratchet is a total turkey of a figure.

El Chuxter
09-06-2007, 01:13 AM
The instructions on all the Alternators, Classics, and Unicrons I have were ridiculously hard to follow, and in a few cases just wrong. Remember the instructions from the old days? Easy to follow, with instructions in everyday English? And, for the first year, actual photos of the toy? Ah, nostalgia.

Tycho
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
MP / 20th Anniv. Optimus Prime made Toy Fare's No. 1 out of 100 Top Toys of All-Time. This is actually old news, but Rebelscum has the link to the list up on their site and I have to agree with their Top Choice.

That IS the ultimate Transformer. Just because we probably all have one now, doesn't mean that we can't appreciate WHAT we already have!

Mine came to me by way of El Chuxter and to this day I'm still very appreciative as it is the original release of the figure with a black gun instead of a blue one, and no cartoon coloring, but rather battle-smoked, realistic styling. He's too awesome for words!

I'll totally remember the day I brought him home, too. That was probably the best $70 or so that I ever spent on a toy.

figrin bran
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
While I don't disagree with 20thAnn Prime, Toybiz Sauron is #3 overall?? I have one and I like it but I'm not sure I'd rank it that high. And the 3rd highest ranked TF toy is actually the Aluminum Falcon! I don't actually own that one so I'll have to defer to someone else that owns one of those. However I do like some of the SW TF's - the Clone Wars ARC 170, to name one. The stripe patterns really shine in robot mode for that one.

Over on Tfans.com, there are some collectors that like Ultimate BB over MP Prime! :shocked:

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 01:53 AM
The instructions on all the Alternators, Classics, and Unicrons I have were ridiculously hard to follow, and in a few cases just wrong. Remember the instructions from the old days? Easy to follow, with instructions in everyday English? And, for the first year, actual photos of the toy? Ah, nostalgia.What's that pops? Need your hearing aid turned up? Those darn kids on your lawn again? 5 miles, up hill, in the snow, both ways?

You know why those instructions were so easy? The figures were SIMPLISTIC! Look at Prime, the guy is literally "drop rear section, fold out feet, flip up head, position arms, attach fists" - G1 was great for its day, but we should be grateful it's not that again, it's so bland and leaves the figures incapable of movement. My god, nobody had leg articulation! Almost none of the Autobot cars even had LEGS, just a crappy mono-leg gamely split in half.

And your rose-tinted glasses are lying to you, G1 instructions didn't have photos, they were line art and confusing text, we didn't get photos until the Beast Machines era.

ToyFare's list doesn't really work at all, it's like they took turns throwing darts at a board for the order. Including the SWTF Falcon at all shows incredibly ignorance as it's pretty underwhelming.

Tycho
09-07-2007, 02:51 AM
JT: I agree with your comments regarding G1 leg articulation etc.

El Chuxter is right about the color photo instructions however. I remember those coming with G1 myself. I'm sure someone can search out a picture example. I don't feel like bothering at the moment. But I think my memory serves me well.

LATER, in like Trypticon's time or something, G1 went to 3-tone line art instructions or something, yet.

But the very first Ironhide, Sunstreaker, etc. had photo transformation instructions IIRC.

El Chuxter
09-07-2007, 09:35 AM
The first wave had photos. Then they went to line art. They never dropped the text instructions, which are what I miss. The instructions they produce now have pictures that don't always make sense, and a simple "Flip feet out 45 degrees" would make a world of difference.

figrin bran
09-07-2007, 08:00 PM
If you think present day TF instructions are bad, you should see the ones for Lego sets. Sometimes, they'll put arrows to indicate where pieces will go while other times, pieces are added without any indication and so if you're not looking at the pictures in great detail, you might miss a step.

orionlukteel
09-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, I stopped back at the same Wal-Mart that had the $50 20th anniversary Prime and there were 3 back on the regular shelf at $70. So much for clearance. :thumbsup:

There were also a ton of Cybertron Voyager Jetfires and Primes on the shelf too, don't know if those are backstock or if that's what Hasbro is kicking out in lieu of movie figures, I know I've seen that phenomenon mentioned above or elsewhere. Those were ringing up at $19.76.

I get what you guys are saying about using the instructions vs. intuition; after the first two transformations it's not too bad to change Leader Prime back and forth. Wish he made more sounds, tho!:)

JediTricks
09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I forgot about the year 1 G1s, some of those instructions were really suck though. Ironhide, step 5: "Hold vehicle so bottom of chassis faces you. Pull front wheels and side doors out. Tilt windshield down. Turn arms toward you."

figrin bran
09-08-2007, 02:32 AM
And now I present to you the WORST write up Hasbro has ever done. Even worse than Unleashed Fett, worse than Titanium Invisible Hand! Without further adieu, here is Longarm's bio :

Longarm just wants to help. Whether it's hauling a stuck car out of a ditch or providing covering fire for a flanking action, as long as he's providing assistance to others, you'll see a big grin on his face. That is, after all, what being an Autobot is all about - helping, saving, protecting. He just doesn't get the Decepticons. They all seem so selfish. It doesn't make sense to him why anyone would want to live like that. It would be so tiring to be so mean all the time.

Chaddymac
09-08-2007, 03:44 PM
You guys see this yet?

http://www.handcellphone.com/archives/motorola-transformer-phone-a-phone-that-could-be-transformed-into-a-robot

Tycho
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
That phone's wicked! I think Nokia would beat Motorola in a fight though if the movie was any indicator.

Orionlukteel - I too wish LC Prime had more sounds. His sound chip is so short compared to LC Brawl's from the same line even. Obviously, Hasbro made improvements on their LCs as they're continuing to produce more.

A LC Blackout should have chopper propeller noises, firing noises, and "the only lead we have, is this sound..." That would be cool.

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 05:48 PM
And now I present to you the WORST write up Hasbro has ever done. Even worse than Unleashed Fett, worse than Titanium Invisible Hand! Without further adieu, here is Longarm's bio :

Longarm just wants to help. Whether it's hauling a stuck car out of a ditch or providing covering fire for a flanking action, as long as he's providing assistance to others, you'll see a big grin on his face. That is, after all, what being an Autobot is all about - helping, saving, protecting. He just doesn't get the Decepticons. They all seem so selfish. It doesn't make sense to him why anyone would want to live like that. It would be so tiring to be so mean all the time.That isn't even remotely the worst TF bio I've seen in the last 5 years. Try Meantime's:
MEANTIME is one of the most powerful of the REAL GEAR ROBOTS. It's just too bad he uses his powers for nothing but trouble. He can speed up, stop and even reverse time up to ten minutes. Rather than using his powers to make chores or homework go by faster, though, he likes to hang out at skate parks, where he speeds time up to cause huge wipe outs, then reverse it so he can watch the accidents again.
Or Speed Dial's:
Your new robotic companion SPEED DIAL 800 is a hyperactiv fast-talker, the sort of guy who just can't help but be friendly to everyone. Superior hypersonics allow him to piggyback a signal on local wireless connections in order to transmit sensitive info to his allies. Be sure you've got a lot of time if you go online at night though; he's sure to text you with a lot to say.

That motorola custom TF is cute, but it's not a working phone so what's the point? No way you could stuff a phone into what he did to that thing.

Chaddymac
09-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Reports say it's a working phone. If it's not a working phone, what's the point indeed...

orionlukteel
09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
FINALLY starting to see more product on the shelves.

Finally got my Concept Bumblebee, gave it to my wife who just got out of knee surgery and just happens to love Bumblebee, so now I need to find another. :)

Have yet to see an Arcee, but plenty of Payloads and Longarms. No desire for a Dreadwing.

Also seeing a lot more Voyagers out there. Saw Voyager Prime but had that Leader Prime in my hands at the time, no-brainer there.

JediTricks
09-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Reports say it's a working phone. If it's not a working phone, what's the point indeed...There's NO way that's a working phone. The battery area has been cut into quarters and hollowed outfor the limbs, every control surface and system has been cut to pieces (the screen looks intact, but that kind of screen needs a bezel around it for light and the touch-sensor, I believe).

I think the funniest part is that the guy who made it used pieces from the Real Gear phone bot and others. :D

I still haven't seen any deluxes on shelves. :(

figrin bran
09-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I still haven't seen any deluxes on shelves. :(

I've seen quite a lot of the Jazz repaints but that's about it for deluxes lately.

I think only Tycho might be interested in these but they're releasing Movie Battlepacks with a deluxe TF and some mini unleashed scale human figures.

Tycho
09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but wouldn't it have been cooler if one of the tiny figures was made to represent Michael Bay with a movie camera?

Then you could recreate the awesome scenes of him being on the set directing the Autobot / Decepticon battle!

Let's petition Hasbro for a Michael Bay action figure.

orionlukteel
09-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Let's petition Hasbro for a Michael Bay action figure.

That would be considered cruelty to plastic. :D

(I'm tempted to let that line stand by itself, but in reality, I know what some people would DO to that figure and there's no sense putting plastic through that kind of senseless violence.)

I just hit TRU this afternoon and saw a FULL WALL of Deluxes - no joke! I got my second Bumblebee, I got my purple Arcee, I could have picked up duplicates, as well as Longarm, Payload, Movie Jazz, and Dreadwing eight times over, I was impressed. When the TRU floor manager came over and asked if I needed any help, I expressed my amazement that the product has been hard to find and hit or miss. He told me it's almost instantaneous - as soon as it's stocked, it's GONE.

JediTricks
09-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I've seen quite a lot of the Jazz repaints but that's about it for deluxes lately.Oh yeah, I saw a wall of that once, easy pass. Doesn't count since I know it ships in a solid case.

I think only Tycho might be interested in these but they're releasing Movie Battlepacks with a deluxe TF and some mini unleashed scale human figures.I'm interested in the BB one since it's a way to get the figure finally, but I bet it'll be equally hard to get. The one with Longarm repainted to movie-accuracy and towing a non-transforming damaged BB has some charm.

Yeah, but wouldn't it have been cooler if one of the tiny figures was made to represent Michael Bay with a movie camera?

Then you could recreate the awesome scenes of him being on the set directing the Autobot / Decepticon battle!

Let's petition Hasbro for a Michael Bay action figure.Do they miss you back on your home planet?

And consider that a set like that would have no Transformers in it since they're all CGIed in after they shot the scene.

I just hit TRU this afternoon and saw a FULL WALL of Deluxes - no joke! I got my second Bumblebee, I got my purple Arcee, I could have picked up duplicates, as well as Longarm, Payload, Movie Jazz, and Dreadwing eight times over, I was impressed. When the TRU floor manager came over and asked if I needed any help, I expressed my amazement that the product has been hard to find and hit or miss. He told me it's almost instantaneous - as soon as it's stocked, it's GONE.UGH! Another person getting a second BB and I have none still. :( Seems like in LA, I'm never ever going to get the majority of those figures. Way to go Hasbro, you may have gotten me to stop collecting TF altogether. Maybe I could sell off my items on ebay and do something more rewarding with my life, like become a professional Whack-a-Mole player.

figrin bran
09-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Don't worry JT, as soon as I find another BB, consider it yours!

CrunchyNug
09-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Don't worry JT, as soon as I find another BB, consider it yours!

Keep an eye out for more Jazz repaints for good old Nug please...

figrin bran
09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Keep an eye out for more Jazz repaints for good old Nug please...

Crunchy, I posted about a Jazz stash at La Brea Target about a week or two ago and no one responded.

Navtek
09-17-2007, 06:28 PM
I just left an SD Wally's where I found a peg marked with:
TRA DX CLIFFJUMPER $9.87
The SKU is 65356920651

I knew these 08 BB repaints were in the works but has anyone actually seen one on shelves or was I just asleep during the release?

figrin bran
09-17-2007, 09:43 PM
The Cliffjumper repaint of BB isn't out yet but apparently from that peg, coming out really soon.

Apparently, CNN had a report on the Buffalo MPCV and rather than computerized graphics, they used a Deluxe Bonecrusher as a model.

Navtek
09-17-2007, 10:30 PM
One other thing I noticed from the tag; The date of 8/13/07 was posted. Anyone know anything about WalMart speak? Is this when it was posted originally or a reset date or something entirely different?

orionlukteel
09-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Spotted the trio of Elita One, Air Raid, and Armorhide at Target today.

Bought Elita, THEN noticed she's an Energon Arcee repaint.:cross-eye

But I actually SAW them with my own eyes instead of on eBay this time. WOOT!

JediTricks
09-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Don't you just love buying "new" figures that turn out to be threepeats? :p Way to go Hasbro. :rolleyes:

TRU finally had some new TFs for the first time in 3 f'ing months, they had Payload, Longarm, Dead Jazz, Dreadwing, and... not Bumblebee, that's for f'ing sure. No Arcee either, not that I'm really fired up for her, but still.

Target had wave 2 Robot Replicas, paint on Optimus was awful awful! Frenzy just didn't look like anything.

I picked up Payload despite the incredibly bad reviews and outright warnings to pass on this one. I like him actually, he's not the best or anything but he's not that bad. There's 3 panels that can be coaxed to pop off - including his head panel - but it doesn't take much effort to NOT screw them up. And of all the camera-heads, his is the best-executed. The giant rod sticking out his back is kinda lame, but there's enough sculpted detail to otherwise make this bot pretty acceptable.

Chaddymac
09-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Saw two G1 repaint jazz's. Anyone still looking for this?

figrin bran
09-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I saw Replicas Prime as well...might've been tempted had the paint apps been better and then even then, I could always fix it myself but I didn't feel it was worth the effort. I also saw FAB Concept BB. It's a far cry from deluxe concept BB but it'll probably be a hot seller in the weeks to come. I almost bought FAB Blackout but decided that if i want him, I might as well wait for the Voyager version to shop up in stores again.

Tycho
09-23-2007, 04:52 PM
My Masterpiece 06 Skywarp came in the mail while I was traveling this weekend. He's awesome.

I can't tell if he's made from any better materials than MP03 Starscream (same mold, different face) because he's another Transformer I'm never going to transform. (I just like him because he could transform - if I really wanted him to - which I don't - as I don't want to break him).

[This is my new thing - buying 2 of the Transformers I really like so that I won't have to transform them. :rolleyes: - OK - we all have something we're idiosyncratic about.]

Anyway, he ships as a black jet (no purple really showing - you can put his colors on with the labels). IF you were to transform him (now why would you go and do a thing like that?) he has purple in the appropriate places for his robot form and you can see some of that on the underside of the fighter jet.

The jet is sweet with all the right working air flaps and brakes, landing gear, armaments, etc. that a real F-15 would have. I'm not going to put the stickers on Skywarp, as this way he looks like a real stealth fighter. This is Waaaaay different from movie Starscream's shape with a F-22 having oversized robot limbs hanging underneathe it so that it looks terrible. When you look at Skywarp - you can barely tell he'd transform - such a darn perfect airplane shape! (My MP Starscream will stay in robot mode).

I'm sure they intend to market Thundercracker eventually. I'm not sure I'll plan to get that. We'll see what kind of blue coloring they'll choose.

Anyway, this Transformer took me "away from Bay" a little bit, and I really like being reminded about what I love in really good Transformers.

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 05:47 PM
With Starscream coming to the states later anyway, the only Seeker I'd think of ordering from Japan would be good ol' Ramjet.

orionlukteel
09-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Tycho, can you post a pic of MP Skywarp?

I am 100% unfamiliar with the Masterpiece line, from the manufacturer to the price to relative size to deluxe Transformers.

Any additional info is appreciated!

Tycho
09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
The USA MP Starscream might be made from better materials - no one's 100% sure yet.

It will be painted in the traditional G1 colors - which I actually didn't want. I preferred him to really be a robot in disguise, thus having more realistic gun-metal coloring (there's a lot of discrepancy out there as to whether MP Starscream is green or gray - all I can say is put him next to Movie LC Brawl - and you'll definitely know what is supposed to be green).

As to Skywarp, well stealth planes are actually black in real life. I don't know of any black F-15's, but it'd be possible.

I may never buy a Thundercracker, however. The only blue planes the military uses are the Blue Angels. First, they fly F-18's. That would not be a repaint, or if it were, it would involve a lot of newly sculpted parts and it'd be a less than authentic F-18, but possible. The picture on MP 06's box shows 3 seekers (one blue) - it is a photoshop job I've heard said - but it would most likely be close to an accurate representation of how Takara-Tomy would recognize Thundercracker. In such a case, I wouldn't want him as I'm not really paying close attention to G1 tradition with my tastes to start out with.
Finally, the Blue Angels themselves, while possibly licensing their look for a heroic Autobot, wouldn't probably go for an "evil Decepticon." It's an image thing. It'd be more likely they'd license their look to Transformers to be used for one of the Arialbots (Air Raid the F-15? - who was black, not blue, in the first place) So to conclude - a blue jet wouldn't likely be a good disguise for a robot, especially when the Blue Angels are not likely to offer their license for a Decepticon.

(I know in Alternator Land that Jaguar and Honda did offer one of their designs each (the only Jaguar design as a matter of fact) to debut as a Decepticon - but that is first a car company and not a PR stunt team of the United States military.)

Last but not least, for NOT ordering from Japan: MP Megatron. I am lucky I own an unaltered MP 05. My local comic shop owner is a nut for Japanese stuff and he managed to get tons of unaltered MP-05's out there in the market. It's actually almost an underground thing - because he doesn't display them in his store. They're in the back. You just know to ask through word of mouth - and you get a reasonable price. They're like over $200 on eBay. Mine was $115 or $123 after tax - and it was one of the first 6 he ever got in - the first one out of the box as a matter of fact, because I was there at the store waiting for their pending arrival on the date it was going down. (I wore sunglasses with rear-view lenses, a rain coat, a fake beard and mustache, and I rented a different car to drive to the pick-up location! Before now, no one knew for certain that I was a buyer of illegal Transformers - until I just posted it on the internet. Oooops! {delete key's jammed. Darn!} But anyhow, a USA MP Megatron release will have orange tips in the gun and possibly the sight as well - I'd be almost sure of it. Other than that, I don't think Megatron would really be different.

Tycho
09-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Tycho, can you post a pic of MP Skywarp?

I am 100% unfamiliar with the Masterpiece line, from the manufacturer to the price to relative size to deluxe Transformers.

Any additional info is appreciated!

I posted some pics for you. Skywarp with Alternator Tracks in the picture for good measure - and my "Decepticon Army" before Skywarp had arrived. Masterpiece Starscream and Megatron are pictured, with Alts Rumble and Ravage, and Movie Line Scorponok and LC Brawl.

JediTricks
09-24-2007, 08:32 PM
TF Deluxe Landmine and 2 repaints: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=8442&dispsize=800&start=0

I kinda like that Landmine's weapon is the same in both modes. I dig his rollbar face, it's freaky but fits the concept. And he's got badass claw-hands!

I really dislike the Allspark Power packaging though, way too over-the-top in its burst.

Thanks to Figrin Bran's stashmastery, I finally have Arcee and the FAB Plasma Punch Bumblebee (so dlx '08 Bumblebee is now the only one I'm missing). Arcee has a very nice alt mode, her hands are sticking down out the back like a fender but it's clearly just hands. Transformation adds a little creativity to the same concept as the basic. Robot mode is interesting, I don't love the head but it's not as bad in person as in photos. I really hate that they got super lazy with the wheel halves though, they totally dropped the ball there.

FAB Bumblebee is cute, but doesn't fully deliver. I would have liked to see either more done with the arms, or a less shellmastery transformation. Still, nifty in both modes.

Any additional info is appreciated!Masterpiece is made by TakaraTomy (the company who is Hasbro's partner in the Transformers line, they do product in Japan). Masterpiece is a larger scale with more moving parts and a greater attention paid to the alternate modes, plus nifty accessories - they take their visual cues from G1. We got Masterpiece Optimus Prime in the US a few years back as 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, and now we're getting Masterpiece Starscream released in the US later this year at Wal-mart. The US versions seem to cost $60-$70, the imports generally run $100 & up. Prime is about 12" tall as is Masterpiece Megatron (who is not getting a US release at this point), Masterpiece Starscream is about 7" tall, about 60% bigger or so than a deluxe.

El Chuxter
09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
$60-$70? I thought the Prime went for $80 in the first release.

JediTricks
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I found him for $65, I believe, on the first week he hit the area.

Tycho
09-25-2007, 12:05 AM
$60-$70? I thought the Prime went for $80 in the first release.

You got me mine and I think you charged me only your cost. I believe I paid you back exactly $75. (Think you got mine at a Riverside County Target, btw).

orionlukteel
09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info on the MP line, guys.

Anyone know if Hasbro is issuing revision cases like thay're doing with TAC?

Reason I ask, I saw a full wall of deluxes at lunch, with Bonecrusher, Wreckage, Jazz, Swindle, Dreadwing, and Scorponok in bulk. There were a bunch of Voyager Megatrons and Rescue Ratchets too. Just not used to seeing that much product on the shelf, much less an earlier wave.

El Chuxter
09-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Orionlukteel, you can probably find the re-release of the 20th Anniversary Prime at Wal-Mart. It came out late last year, when the new DVD of the movie was released, and has been showing up in new shipments to a lot of WM stores. (I think the distribution on the movie line sucks, and they're trying to get anything they have stocked with the Transformers name out of the warehouse and into stores.) When I've seen it recently, it's been going for $50. The color scheme on the re-release is slightly different (I think it's lacking the "burn marks"), but it comes with a neat looking base.

Anyone know when Starscream is coming out? I looked around on their site and found this (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6560505). Though it says it's from Takara, it looks like the original G1 mold (meaning that's a hell of a steep price for a reissue). However, the description includes a lot of confusing and borderline contradictory info, like "six-inch Transformer Starscream PVC figure", "remake of the Original Collection piece", "some new parts (i.e. new molds)", and the especially strange "transforms into a Cybertronian jet

My guess is, based on the shipping weight and "six-inch" remark, that this is not the MP Starscream.

Tycho
09-26-2007, 03:29 PM
They have either the wrong picture or the wrong price at the very least.

The split on the rear-of-cockpit braking flaps is not present on the Masterpiece. On the MP, it is a real, working brake flap. On the G1, it was more than a flap and were solid pieces that went all the way through the center of the plane, and then split apart into Starscream's arms.

By the picture, you can see the split - thus THE PICTURE is of G1 Starscream. They should not be charging more than $30 for that, and likely a lot less.

If the listing is for the MP's American release - they're using the wrong picture. At a $70+ price, it better be the MP or people are going to get very mad.

JediTricks
09-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Orionlukteel, you can probably find the re-release of the 20th Anniversary Prime at Wal-Mart. It came out late last year, when the new DVD of the movie was released, and has been showing up in new shipments to a lot of WM stores. (I think the distribution on the movie line sucks, and they're trying to get anything they have stocked with the Transformers name out of the warehouse and into stores.) When I've seen it recently, it's been going for $50. The color scheme on the re-release is slightly different (I think it's lacking the "burn marks"), but it comes with a neat looking base.The base isn't that neat and has some pretender doing the voice. The figure has some repainted elements.

Anyone know when Starscream is coming out? I looked around on their site and found this (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6560505). Though it says it's from Takara, it looks like the original G1 mold (meaning that's a hell of a steep price for a reissue). However, the description includes a lot of confusing and borderline contradictory info, like "six-inch Transformer Starscream PVC figure", "remake of the Original Collection piece", "some new parts (i.e. new molds)", and the especially strange "transforms into a Cybertronian jet

My guess is, based on the shipping weight and "six-inch" remark, that this is not the MP Starscream.That is not MP Screamer in the pic, that's the Japanese reissue, WM's website does this sometimes taking weird items and even imports that they'd never have in the store, not sure where they get this stuff.

El Chuxter
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
I know the Optimus base sounds like crap, but it looks neat in the box. Of course, I never gave it more than a glance, since I got the original.

I figured as much about the Starscream, but now that two people have agreed, I'm sure of it. Back to the original question: any confirmation of when we can expect this piece?

figrin bran
09-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Orion, if you're still looking for 20th anniversary DVD Prime, get him from hasbrotoyshop and use "25FALL" as the coupon code when checking out to save 25% and get free shipping!

Chaddymac
09-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Yes, Wal-Mart sometimes lists Japanese imports. They charge a ridiculous amount for them, but it's just the import. A friend of mine from another board ordered Ultra Magnus, thinking it'd be something cool, like a mislabled MP Magnus. No, just a $100 G1 Magnus. He wasn't pleased, but we were all glad he took one for the team :)

JediTricks
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Hit a few stores yesterday in search of the ever-elusive Bumblebee (alas, no), but found a figure I had forgotten about instead: Dropkick.

Dropkick is a really nifty transformer, definitely one of the better entries in the line with a good-looking alt mode, a very creative transformation, and a nice bot mode with lots of detailing. The only things I don't dig are the low-hanging mega-bumper just because they didn't do ground effects on the rest of the truck, and the mega-pliers weapon which is just dumb and should have been slide-out blasters. Still, he's got good articulation, blasters under his hands, and his chicken-legs work to balance the bed kibble on the back.

orionlukteel
09-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks, guys, for the info on 20th Prime.

OK, I figured it out re: my question about the "revision cases".

It looks like they're re-stocking the original waves just in time for the DVD release. Makes sense, I guess, but was it really worth ticking off tons of collectors to this point?

I finally found a '68 (?) Camaro Bumblebee today, almost 6 months after the movie opened. Every other first run deluxe was there, too. It was the second Wal-Mart I'd seen like that, a welcome sight after seeing NOTHING at Wal-Marts in a very long time. Target had all of the new wave of exclusives, almost picked up an Armorhide but thought twice. Also had the Jazz repaints. But neither place had the newer waves (Arcee, 08 Bumblebee, etc.)

Voyagers spotted today included the Thundercracker repaint, Rescue Ratchet, Megatron, Ironhide, Starscream,

I'd have to assume this is more than a local phenomenon, which is why I didn't post it first in the Vegas thread. Looks like if you missed the first go-round, Hasbro's pulling out the stops for the DVD release.

BountyHunterScum
09-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks, guys, for the info on 20th Prime.

OK, I figured it out re: my question about the "revision cases".

It looks like they're re-stocking the original waves just in time for the DVD release. Makes sense, I guess, but was it really worth ticking off tons of collectors to this point?

I finally found a '68 (?) Camaro Bumblebee today, almost 6 months after the movie opened. Every other first run deluxe was there, too. It was the second Wal-Mart I'd seen like that, a welcome sight after seeing NOTHING at Wal-Marts in a very long time. Target had all of the new wave of exclusives, almost picked up an Armorhide but thought twice. Also had the Jazz repaints. But neither place had the newer waves (Arcee, 08 Bumblebee, etc.)

Voyagers spotted today included the Thundercracker repaint, Rescue Ratchet, Megatron, Ironhide, Starscream,

I'd have to assume this is more than a local phenomenon, which is why I didn't post it first in the Vegas thread. Looks like if you missed the first go-round, Hasbro's pulling out the stops for the DVD release.

1976 Camaro.

Chaddymac
09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I finally found a '68 (?) Camaro Bumblebee today, almost 6 months after the movie opened.
6 months? You mean, 3 months? The movie opened in early July. It's late September.

I'm just saying.

orionlukteel
09-28-2007, 12:58 PM
6 months? You mean, 3 months? The movie opened in early July. It's late September.

I'm just saying.

LOL chalk it up to a brain fart in quick subtraction, kept thinking of the 4th - month, not day.
So yeah, 3 months.:thumbsup:

Still - 3 months of empty pegs means great sales and poor distribution at the same time.

JediTricks
09-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Hasbro's deluxe cases have about a dozen revisions going right now, nearly all the wave 1 and 2 deluxes are in wave3 and w3r1, half are in w6r6, most are in r5, r4, r7, and r8. Great job Hasbro, sacrifice current customers for new ones. :rolleyes:

In unrelated news, my SWTF Death Star Vader shipped from HasbroToyShop today, it was $40 with 25% off and free shipping (coupon 25fall).

Chaddymac
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
LOL chalk it up to a brain fart in quick subtraction, kept thinking of the 4th - month, not day.
So yeah, 3 months.:thumbsup:

Still - 3 months of empty pegs means great sales and poor distribution at the same time.
No argument here!

BountyHunterScum
09-30-2007, 12:11 PM
All I care to do is wish Toys R Us luck in their "forecast" that Ultimate Ripoffbee sells well.

orionlukteel
10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't you just love buying "new" figures that turn out to be threepeats? :p Way to go Hasbro. :rolleyes:

Man, I had no idea there were three until I finally saw a Scout class Arcee at Target the other day.

You'd think they'd at least change up the accessories between Elita One and Arcee!

Thumbs up for creating the new mold, it's a good design, but thumbs down for beating the mold into the ground.

Oh - and I picked you up an 08 BB last night.:D

BountyHunterScum
10-03-2007, 10:30 AM
All I care to do is wish Toys R Us luck in their "forecast" that Ultimate Ripoffbee sells well.

And laugh my arse off when it fails.

El Chuxter
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Costco apparently has Ultimate Bionicle Pretending to Be Bumblebee for $69.99.

Also, slightly off topic, have any of you read anything about the Kiss Players? I thought it was just some ridiculous name for the later BinalTechs. I just read some info about the series, and it may be the single most disturbing, uh, anything. Ever.

BountyHunterScum
10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Costco apparently has Ultimate Bionicle Pretending to Be Bumblebee for $69.99.

Also, slightly off topic, have any of you read anything about the Kiss Players? I thought it was just some ridiculous name for the later BinalTechs. I just read some info about the series, and it may be the single most disturbing, uh, anything. Ever.

Ultimate Ripoff needs to be about $30 or so then I will buy it.

El Chuxter
10-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Personally, you'd have to pay me the $30 to take it! :D

figrin bran
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Even at $30, I still wouldn't want the Ultimate BB. At the risk of sounding like Tycho, he's not to scale with any of my other TF's and I don't like BB that much that this would be a must have for me.

BountyHunterScum
10-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Even at $30, I still wouldn't want the Ultimate BB. At the risk of sounding like Tycho, he's not to scale with any of my other TF's and I don't like BB that much that this would be a must have for me.

I want it because its the Camaro Concept plain and simple. I don't give a rat's *** about bumblebee the character.

Tycho
10-04-2007, 12:24 AM

And you'll need to get that discount so you can spend $60 and get 2 of them so you won't have to change the one you have from robot to car and back again.

It's like I've been explaining to you guys: Transformers are not made to be transformed. It's better to buy real Transformers, because they CAN be transformed, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. If you get 2 of your favorite ones, you can display them in each mode and not chance breaking them or loosening their parts.

I'd say there are a few that actually ARE safe to play with - such as Leader Class Optimus Prime - or Scorponok (but it's pointless to transform him anyway). Masterpiece (20th Anniversary) Optimus Prime is also a really solid toy and can withstand being played with.

But hear me out: all Hasbro has to do is sell cases of these to Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart, and those stores will keep ordering them as long as the cases sell through. If the toys break (especially after your return priviledges expire) they get to sell you another one, as most people won't take it up with Hasbro, and the item might not loosen up or break before your return priviledge expires.

I know I sound crazy buying duplicate Transformers so I don't have to transform them, but I'm going to start making sense when you break your toys and have no one to cry to.

With Ultimate BumbleBee, I've seen him and played with him loose now, but I was not convinced it'd be a good purchase for me - and yeah, the size / scale is also inconvenient like Figrin pointed out. If they made an Ultimate Barricade, perhaps I'd be all over both of them. That'd be pretty cool actually, with flashing police lights and strobing headlamps, not to mention having a Transformer that calls you "a Ladiesman" because that's not going to happen in real life.

But there you go. That's how it is. Until all are one.

figrin bran
10-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Tycho, that works for you because you buy so few TF's and because you're so paranoid about breaking them :p

Dating back to when I was a kid, I've never broken a single TF. And though I've only a fraction of what someone like JT might own in terms of a TF collection, getting 2 of each would definitely have made me broke.

El Chuxter
10-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Eh, I just pick a mode that looks good and leave 'em in it. All my Classics are in robot mode except for Grimlock (he prefers being a dino, don't ya know?), Prime is in robot mode, and my Alternators are pretty evenly split.

BountyHunterScum
10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Eh, I just pick a mode that looks good and leave 'em in it. All my Classics are in robot mode except for Grimlock (he prefers being a dino, don't ya know?), Prime is in robot mode, and my Alternators are pretty evenly split.

I transformed my Alts once then left them in vehicle mode. That's why I got them in the first place. The Alts I couldn't get were the SDCC versions.

Tycho
10-05-2007, 04:37 AM
I want a Leader Class Blackout and a Leader Class Bonecrusher!

NOW!

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Man, I had no idea there were three until I finally saw a Scout class Arcee at Target the other day.

You'd think they'd at least change up the accessories between Elita One and Arcee!

Thumbs up for creating the new mold, it's a good design, but thumbs down for beating the mold into the ground.These are such "quick & dirty" repaint entries that I can't see them dumping the accessories at this point, though they ABSOLUTELY should since that Energon oversized crossbow is a snore, and while they're at it, how about dumping the energon chip and corresponding spark crystal tube in her chest, it hampers this figure's lines in both modes. I don't know why they thought Target would want a second repaint of a 2-year-old figure.

Oh - and I picked you up an 08 BB last night.:DAwesome, thanks! Man, I don't know how you guys are finding these BBs, must be amazing timing. I hit the stores and no matter how soon it's been since stocking, never a BB.

Also, slightly off topic, have any of you read anything about the Kiss Players? I thought it was just some ridiculous name for the later BinalTechs. I just read some info about the series, and it may be the single most disturbing, uh, anything. Ever.Yeah, some fans are REALLY bothered by the concept, it seems pretty dippy to me but nothing to rant and rave over.

It's like I've been explaining to you guys: Transformers are not made to be transformed. It's better to buy real Transformers, because they CAN be transformed, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. If you get 2 of your favorite ones, you can display them in each mode and not chance breaking them or loosening their parts.

I'd say there are a few that actually ARE safe to play with - such as Leader Class Optimus Prime - or Scorponok (but it's pointless to transform him anyway). Masterpiece (20th Anniversary) Optimus Prime is also a really solid toy and can withstand being played with.Totally wrong, the only broken TF I've gotten lately is Dlx Brawl who is designed very badly, translucent plastic gearing was a horrible plan.

I know I sound crazy buying duplicate Transformers so I don't have to transform them, but I'm going to start making sense when you break your toys and have no one to cry to.What you are talking about is packratting, I suppose it's not a surprise from you since you buy endless amounts of the worst new SW figures for dioramas you're considering making at some point in the future without messing with the figures now. But it's a bad habit and unrealistic, then you also have the chance you break BOTH your figures and then what? Now you're out double money. Plus, we can always go to your house and break your figures for you. :p

Dating back to when I was a kid, I've never broken a single TF. And though I've only a fraction of what someone like JT might own in terms of a TF collection, getting 2 of each would definitely have made me broke.Yeah, I have nearly every figure from the last 11 years, that's over a hundred, almost none of them have had issues.

El Chuxter
10-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, some fans are REALLY bothered by the concept, it seems pretty dippy to me but nothing to rant and rave over.

To me it looks absolutely disgusting. Preteen girls merging with Transformers by making out with them, then being ejected naked and covered with goo? And they fight Megatron lookalikes with extremely phallic tongues?

But it's not so much anger as the thought that, soon, this will be the biggest joke on the internet. It just needs more exposure here.

Or maybe it really doesn't.

plasticfetish
10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Or maybe it really doesn't.No... not so much.

It's super creepy. I look at the whole Kiss Players (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/TF/kiss/) thing as being the end of an era. Takara is dead, and whatever TakaraTomy has become, I don't exactly understand. Well... I do, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to.

figrin bran
10-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Wait a minute - Tycho, you haven't actually begun work on any of these dioramas that you're always talking about?

I'm definitely up for coming with JT to your place and demonstrating how indestructible TF's are by drop testing them! :p

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
But it's not so much anger as the thought that, soon, this will be the biggest joke on the internet. It just needs more exposure here.

Or maybe it really doesn't.In TF circles, it's been done and played out for a year or so.

Tycho
10-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Wait a minute - Tycho, you haven't actually begun work on any of these dioramas that you're always talking about?

I'm definitely up for coming with JT to your place and demonstrating how indestructible TF's are by drop testing them! :p

I had many rooms set up with my Star Wars dioramas before my aneurysm ruptured in my brain. My uncle paid to have it all packed up and put into storage.:mad:

I have access to this storage, but it's not worth it to me to move stuff out or continue inventorizing it now - there's not enough room (at the storage or in my current apartment).

I need to finish my novel, establish a new income stream from that (if it flies), and then look towards getting a house to make one final effort in assembling / displaying my collection.

As I only own about 20 Transformers, there will only likely be 2-3 dioramas - my huge Autobot / Decepticon battle using Alts and MPs with a few movie items that I can get away with sneaking in (one of my LC Brawls and Deluxe Scorponok, for example). Then I will have my movie toy diorama, which only has LC Brawl (the other one), LC Prime, '08 BumbleBee and LongArm as a prop tow truck. I hope I like playing with my friend's Ironhide and maybe Ratchet to add them if they're worthy. And we all know I want a LC Bonecrusher and especially a LC Blackout.

Then I had to have Barricade to chase BumbleBee (but I like the '08 so I'm using a 2nd one of that mold) and those I'll just put anywhere because it doesn't take up much room.

If the next movie provides more toys I like, and especially if it redesigns Megatron and Starscream into something I can even remotely appreciate more, I'll be able to purchase them, too.

JediTricks
10-06-2007, 03:38 PM
This auction for custom Starscream Protoform has a funny TF comic in it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300158308921

Tycho
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
That was a fun and creative way to detail the images for an auction. I bet the seller will do well with that just because of the sense of humor he lent to his effort.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I got Vader/Death Star from HasbroToyShop, I posted in the SWTF forum but basically, it's kinda nifty, far from perfect but fun and looks imposing.

I had many rooms set up with my Star Wars dioramas before my aneurysm ruptured in my brain. My uncle paid to have it all packed up and put into storage.:mad:

I have access to this storage, but it's not worth it to me to move stuff out or continue inventorizing it now - there's not enough room (at the storage or in my current apartment).And how many figures have you bought and shoved into storage instead of setting up since you recovered?

Then I had to have Barricade to chase BumbleBee (but I like the '08 so I'm using a 2nd one of that mold) and those I'll just put anywhere because it doesn't take up much room. :upset: Ugh, you're just begging me to kick you in the nads, aren't you? Using the impossible-to-find '08 BB in that scene despite it being totally inaccurate AND in vehicle mode anyway? That's the Dark Side, and not the cool kind, the suck kind.

Tycho
10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
And how many figures have you bought and shoved into storage instead of setting up since you recovered?

I really want to move into a big place and set up ONCE. I'm quite entertained by writing my novel. It serves that purpose (entertaining me) first. Then it may also help to serve me enabling residuals that will help me show an income that aides my ambition of owning the large home.

In any event, I'll never know if I don't go through with this. When I'm done, I'll have time to play with my toys. (And I'm almost done).

:upset: Ugh, you're just begging me to kick you in the nads, aren't you? Using the impossible-to-find '08 BB in that scene despite it being totally inaccurate AND in vehicle mode anyway? That's the Dark Side, and not the cool kind, the suck kind.

First, I don't want the 197(6?) Camaro. It's very limited in its robot detail and crafted more like a Go-Bot in comparison to a "real Transformer."

Second, I have 2 loose 2008's now, and this way I can display one as a very cool robot, and one as a very cool vehicle.

Third: Barricade DID chase 2008 BumbleBee - on the highway, though Bonecrusher and all the other Autobots were also in the scene. Theoretically, when Prime stopped to fight Bonecrusher, Barricade could have still been after BumbleBee.

We don't know what happened to Barricade because Michael Bay cut his fate out of the final movie because test audiences liked the character, and Mr. Bay decided to save Barricade so he could recurr in the next movie. (He just did it in the cheapest and most non-sensical way. - Barricade could have crashed and the Cavemen from the Geico commercials could have surrounded him and tried to sell him auto insurance, causing him to miss the final battle.)

Fourth: I read that one of the forumites got you a 2008 BumbleBee, so you can stop whining about not having him now. However, if you want to trade him, I can get you the Luke / Mara 2-pack or a brand new, tall kitchen trash can for the exchange :D

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
First, I don't want the 197(6?) Camaro. It's very limited in its robot detail and crafted more like a Go-Bot in comparison to a "real Transformer." You don't know what you're talking about, the '76 BB has a lot of detail and a fairly intricate transformation into a real robot mode.

Third: Barricade DID chase 2008 BumbleBee - on the highway, though Bonecrusher and all the other Autobots were also in the scene. Theoretically, when Prime stopped to fight Bonecrusher, Barricade could have still been after BumbleBee. Any loophole in a storm, eh? :p

Fourth: I read that one of the forumites got you a 2008 BumbleBee, so you can stop whining about not having him now. However, if you want to trade him, I can get you the Luke / Mara 2-pack or a brand new, tall kitchen trash can for the exchange :DYeah, he found me one last week, and how long ago did this figure come out? When did you find your first, second, and third ones? Seriously, going to have to get my ol' steel toed boots out of retirement just so I can kick you in the nads.

figrin bran
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
76 BB gets overshadowed by the 08 but it's a pretty good toy in its own right. Definitely NOT a Go-bot. You must be thinking about the little Legends figures, Tycho. :p

LC Brawl doesn't seem to be selling very well in the local stores. Hopefully that'll change as we get closer to the holidays as I regard that as perhaps the best of the movie line.

Tycho
10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
LC Brawl doesn't seem to be selling very well in the local stores. Hopefully that'll change as we get closer to the holidays as I regard that as perhaps the best of the movie line.

Agreed. But '08 BumbleBee is darn good for a "littler toy."

I'll take your evaluation under advisement and check out my friend's '76 BumbleBee. It seems I can't have enough BumbleBee figures anyway - might as well buy something slightly different if I like him.

I also still have to see Ironhide and Ratchet up close and personal. But I want a Leader Class Blackout. Helicopters are cool.

orionlukteel
10-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah, he found me one last week, and how long ago did this figure come out? When did you find your first, second, and third ones? Seriously, going to have to get my ol' steel toed boots out of retirement just so I can kick you in the nads.

Yeah, it's been out a while, not sure why it took so long to find.

Geez, if I'd known it'd cause this much strife I'd have kept the third one I found. :D Actually saw three today, need any more? :thumbsup:

Steel toed shoes should be saved for kicking fresh turds on a hot day, not for punishing good fortune.:yes:

In other news,
MONSTER restock across the boards at most stores I've been to in the past week- except Target. I've seen most of the 1st wave (whatever revision) repeatedly, along with the Thundercracker/Rescue Ratchet/Prime Voyager wave.
Also saw some of the 20th Primes back in stock at WalMart, wasn't iompressed with the voice sampling. Think it was mentioned that this version isn't actually Peter Cullen's voice.

Oh - and the Ultimate Bumblebee made the top ten holiday toys for this season.

Navtek
10-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Saw a full pallet of Ultimate Bumblebee's today at Mission Valley Costco today.

You guys love to beat that toy up but have any of you haters actually laid hands on one? Alt mode is great and the moving bits are pretty good. But yes, the price is steep. Just saying...

JediTricks
10-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it's been out a while, not sure why it took so long to find.Tycho was buying them all up to trade away for beans, and keeping some to use in his Star Wars and Star Trek dioramas.

Geez, if I'd known it'd cause this much strife I'd have kept the third one I found. :D Actually saw three today, need any more? :thumbsup:Tycho wants to make an all-Bumblebee diorama of the battle of Kashyyyk, so he's your man there. :p

Steel toed shoes should be saved for kicking fresh turds on a hot day, not for punishing good fortune.:yes:I bought those boots a dozen years ago knowing some day I'd have to use them to kick Tycho in the nads.

In other news,
MONSTER restock across the boards at most stores I've been to in the past week- except Target. I've seen most of the 1st wave (whatever revision) repeatedly, along with the Thundercracker/Rescue Ratchet/Prime Voyager wave.Yeah, they're restocking wave 1 in anticipation of the DVD's release. It's a questionable choice though because it leaves out BB08. And I've seen it at Targets.

Also saw some of the 20th Primes back in stock at WalMart, wasn't iompressed with the voice sampling. Think it was mentioned that this version isn't actually Peter Cullen's voice.Not even remotely, which is so sad because I'd have probably bought it if it had been the right voice.

Oh - and the Ultimate Bumblebee made the top ten holiday toys for this season.Yeah, I'm sure that was really based on a logical progression and not insider politics. :p

Tycho
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
JT, should I be concerned that you're obsessing over my "nads."

How many times do I have to tell you, "Ladies only!" ?

plasticfetish
10-09-2007, 09:13 PM
If he puts on a dress, you'll let him kick you in the nads? :Par:

Tycho
10-10-2007, 03:36 AM
There's a really scary thought.

And we're WAAaaaay off-topic here. I, Tycho, am reminding the mods?

This might be a first.

I swear it could happen like some kind of cataclysm: if all the mods go insane (like El Chuxter teeters on the verge of ;) ), it might warp me and make ME the mature, responsible forumite who conducts himself with restraint.

Please don't let that happen.

I'm a contrary. It's in my nature. So if you guys all go nuts and crazy, I'll have to be "normal." That's even scarier than JediTricks in a dress!

Please! I don't want to be normal! I said, "I don't want to be normal!"

BountyHunterScum
10-10-2007, 04:22 AM
The top ten thing for Ultimate Bumblebee is a forecast, so far I have seen plenty of them so they aren't in huge demand.

Tycho
10-10-2007, 05:14 AM
By the way, I played with Ironhide now. He's sort of flimsy in that he's a lot of "paneling" over hollow components, but I liked him a lot.

You can take his guns off his truck mode, but they look better on him, as you can see his hands underneath the lifted truck if they're not in place there.

The example I saw did not have his eyes light-piped or painted. I'd solve that problem by custom-painting them for sure.

All the Autobots seem to be in great scale to one another.

Thanks to Navtek, I have Jazz now. I actually quite like him. His car is a little big next to BumbleBee and Barricade (more like a Dodge Viper's size than a Pontiac Solstace) but I can live with it. He's a very solid Transformer and I am confident that I will not break him by transforming him. Imagine that...

Anyway, at this point I now also plan on buying Ironhide the next time I see him.

I'm not sure if the Decepticons will fare as well. I've considered that buying the 3 Voyager class figures, they'll all be somewhat close to scale with each other (Megatron, Starscream, Blackout) and then maybe Deluxe Bonecrusher would work with that size, as might Deluxe Brawl (have to skip Barricade with that group and keep them away from the Autobots who'd make them look bad). However, Starscream (and to much degree Megatron) are always going to look bad, and the Voyager Blackout figure is not that impressive.

Oh, I played with 1976 BumbleBee. He's pretty good actually. I don't like his feet and haven't fully decided what to do about getting him (or not) at this juncture.

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
JT, should I be concerned that you're obsessing over my "nads."

How many times do I have to tell you, "Ladies only!" ?Don't worry, soon you won't have to worry about your nads, steel-toed justice will take care of that for ya.

And we're still on-topic, we're discussing kicking you in the nads for all your Bumblebee 08 misdeeds.

The example I saw did not have his eyes light-piped or painted. I'd solve that problem by custom-painting them for sure.He actually is light-piped, but stupid Hasbro used such a dark tone (it's the same one they used on the windshield elements) that only a laser pointer is getting through that. But painting it looks bad too, Hasbro's Ironhide repaint has blue-painted eyes and it looks SOOOOOOOO awful.

El Chuxter
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
JT, if you're worried about Tycho's nads, you can always say, "I'll put my foot so far up your a**, you'll be tasting s***ty boot!"

Or the clean "radio" version: "I'll put my foot so far up your keister, you'll be tasting poopie shoe!"

orionlukteel
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Just saw a Deluxe Recon Barricade at Target, a blue and grey repaint that just didn't appeal to me. Also a ton of Dropkicks, first time I've seen them around here, so they're out there if you need them.

figrin bran
10-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I've been looking for Voyager Blackout for weeks now. Finally found the TRU 2 pack w. Scorponok and even though I didn't really want the latter, took the plunge on this pack.

Hasbro forgot to pack the instructions! However, I transformed Blackout on my own (and without breaking it! mwahaha), haven't attempted Scorps.

Tformers.com has new pics of Allspark wave 2...The osprey (Incinerator?) doesn't look that great in bot mode but I'll probably still get suckered into buying him.

Tycho
10-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Hasbro forgot to pack the instructions! However, I transformed Blackout on my own (and without breaking it! mwahaha),

Figrin: These are Transformers! They're not meant to be transformed!

Don't say I didn't warn you if one day you start crying about breaking your toys.

Blue2th
10-14-2007, 06:30 AM
I saw Titanium Cheetor the other day, hesitated, went back for him he was gone. Haven't seen him again.
He did look pretty cool with a kind of metallic orange finish.

I noticed in the Hastings "Transformer" mechandise and media displays the DVD sets of the old CGI "Beast Wars"
That's something that's on my list to get, as I used to watch it religiously. They were kinda primitive by today's standards, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I also saw DVD sets of the old cartoons, and a recent animated Transformer cartoon movie which I missed.

BountyHunterScum
10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Target has Ultimate Ripoff for $71.99. Keep going down.

JediTricks
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks to Orionlukteel, I now have Bumblebee 08. I already owned a 1/43rd-scale 08 Camaro, and BB is exactly the same size which is wild. There's a little more kibble showing in alt mode than I expected, but it's not too bad - I wish they had filled in those "speed holes" on the hood though. :p

Transformation is crazy panel insanity, and I still ain't sure the shoulders are done right because of the gap and the fact that they hold up the automorph halfway through.

Bot mode is wider/bulkier than I expected, and I don't get why they unloaded with the black plastic when BB is really gray. BB's got a lot of panel action, he's essentially a shellmaster a la RID but with the movie aesthetic, that's ok but I wish the waist articulation hadn't been hindered by the windshield. Oh, and his wing doors stick out a country mile! :p I like his weapon more than I expected to. All in all, he's a cool figure, but he's not the end all/be all that buyers are treating him like.

Check it out, someone made a LEGO G1 Optimus Prime that absolutely works and you can buy it off LEGO Factory's website: http://pages.cthome.net/pdufilie/lego_optimus_prime.html
(there's a video of him being transformed, it's genius in simplicity)

I've been looking for Voyager Blackout for weeks now. Finally found the TRU 2 pack w. Scorponok and even though I didn't really want the latter, took the plunge on this pack.

Hasbro forgot to pack the instructions! However, I transformed Blackout on my own (and without breaking it! mwahaha), haven't attempted Scorps. If you write to Hasbro, they'll send you the instructions. For some reason, they're not yet online.

Tformers.com has new pics of Allspark wave 2...The osprey (Incinerator?) doesn't look that great in bot mode but I'll probably still get suckered into buying him.Yeah, that wave does not look good, Stockade looks downright abysmal.

BountyHunterScum
10-19-2007, 12:57 PM
I favorite TRU had a ton of movie bumblebee camaro concepts. Funny part is when a parent asked me if ultimate ripoff was really $90 I told him the truth, he really thought it might be a misprint. He put them back without missing a step too. I also told him I have read that people think the $10 one is better than the ultimate robbery. He stated he can't imagine someone willingly spending that much on something like that and I replied that I do know of a few cases where people do buy it knowing it was $90 and so on. If people want to blow that kind of money go right ahead I'm not going to stop you but I will state the facts. If by some high probability that the facts put a dent in Hasbro's greedy bastard stunt well then tough **** that's life. Actually that parent originally put two ultimate ripoffs in his cart. I also told him target wants $72 for it as well. For a toy that costs somewhere in the $15 range to make that price is total bull****.

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 12:01 AM
The thing has actually got a chunk of electronics in it including sensors and movement, plus it's very large - sized like a $50 figure would be - and then it's a licensed vehicle with licensed music. At $70, I don't think it'd come off as a ripoff, but I don't think I'd buy it either.

BountyHunterScum
10-20-2007, 08:50 AM
The thing has actually got a chunk of electronics in it including sensors and movement, plus it's very large - sized like a $50 figure would be - and then it's a licensed vehicle with licensed music. At $70, I don't think it'd come off as a ripoff, but I don't think I'd buy it either.

The wheels sensor isn't exactly state of the art they've had things like that for years. I'll buy it when it drops to a good price. $50 sounds about right.

BountyHunterScum
10-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Jada toys is now on the bumblebee gravy train with their repackaging of the 1:18 yellow camaro concept this time with stock concept wheels instead of the "dub" wheels from before.

Blue2th
10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Jada toys is now on the bumblebee gravy train with their repackaging of the 1:18 yellow camaro concept this time with stock concept wheels instead of the "dub" wheels from before.

Ahh, they can probably get away with it without paying Transformer royalties. All they have to do is pay GM I suppose.

BountyHunterScum
10-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Ahh, they can probably get away with it without paying Transformer royalties. All they have to do is pay GM I suppose.

I'd love to have the set of stock wheels since I already have the bumblebee clone when it originally came out a month or two ago.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
The wheels sensor isn't exactly state of the art they've had things like that for years. I'll buy it when it drops to a good price. $50 sounds about right.The wheel sensor isn't cheap to implement even if it's not cutting-edge, it's capable of telling the difference of play speed, that's fairly complex.

Jada toys is now on the bumblebee gravy train with their repackaging of the 1:18 yellow camaro concept this time with stock concept wheels instead of the "dub" wheels from before.Haw! I hadn't even seen the dub wheels, I have the silver version of the regular car, it's really nice, hadn't even seen the yellow though. I looked it up, those dub wheels are NASTY on it, and they lowered the car, but the boxed pic here shows the proper wheels too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150174564228 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1467700&loc=%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%72%6f%76%65%72%2e%65%62% 61%79%2e%63%6f%6d%2f%72%6f%76%65%72%2f%31%2f%37%31 %31%2d%31%37%35%31%2d%32%39%37%38%2d%37%31%2f%31%3 f%41%49%44%3d%35%34%36%33%32%31%37%26%50%49%44%3d% 31%34%36%37%37%30%30%26%6c%6f%63%3d%25%36%38%25%37 %34%25%37%34%25%37%30%25%33%61%25%32%66%25%32%66%2 5%36%33%25%36%37%25%36%39%25%32%65%25%36%35%25%36% 32%25%36%31%25%37%39%25%32%65%25%36%33%25%36%66%25 %36%64%25%32%66%25%37%37%25%37%33%25%32%66%25%36%3 5%25%34%32%25%36%31%25%37%39%25%34%39%25%35%33%25% 34%31%25%35%30%25%34%39%25%32%65%25%36%34%25%36%63 %25%36%63%25%33%66%25%35%36%25%36%39%25%36%35%25%3 7%37%25%34%39%25%37%34%25%36%35%25%36%64%25%32%36% 25%36%39%25%37%34%25%36%35%25%36%64%25%33%64%25%33 %31%25%33%35%25%33%30%25%33%31%25%33%37%25%33%34%2 5%33%35%25%33%36%25%33%34%25%33%32%25%33%32%25%33% 38)

I'd prefer that in 1:24th, I just don't have room for another 1:18th. Oh, and if they did that in 1:32nd (they have a yellow one but no stripes), it'd be PERFECT with the Deluxe BB.

I really don't like Jada's wheels though, not even the stock ones, the vac-metal looks incredibly cheap and they went a little thin on the design.

Ahh, they can probably get away with it without paying Transformer royalties. All they have to do is pay GM I suppose.Well, it's not like the TF movie invented the paint scheme, Michael Bay saw it at GM's showroom and decided it had to be Bumblebee.

BountyHunterScum
10-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Speaking of bumblebee, at TRU earlier today I saw a sh-tload of ultimate ripoffs. Hot item my arse.

El Chuxter
10-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, there were a few trillion of that craptacular Transformers Millennium Falcon on shelves this time last year. All the shows and magazines named it as a "hot toy," and the stores ran Black Friday deals on it. By the next day, stupid parents who didn't bother to ask their kids (I'm assuming, because who wouldn't say, "Mom, that looks like butt"?) had bought all of them.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33498&

BountyHunterScum
10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, there were a few trillion of that craptacular Transformers Millennium Falcon on shelves this time last year. All the shows and magazines named it as a "hot toy," and the stores ran Black Friday deals on it. By the next day, stupid parents who didn't bother to ask their kids (I'm assuming, because who wouldn't say, "Mom, that looks like butt"?) had bought all of them.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33498&

I wouldn't say ultimate ripoff is an ultimate terd but the price sure smells like terd.

plasticfetish
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Well, there were a few trillion of that craptacular Transformers Millennium Falcon on shelves this time last year...For the record, it's been a little over a year now, and my son still hasn't bothered to take his out of the box. But this is also the kid that's had zero interest in the TF movie toys.

El Chuxter
10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, to be fair, if I unwrapped a box that said, "Steaming pile of rancid crap inside," I probably would leave it sealed, too. :crazed:

BountyHunterScum
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, to be fair, if I unwrapped a box that said, "Steaming pile of rancid crap inside," I probably would leave it sealed, too. :crazed:

Come on take a whiff. Folgers in your cup!

El Chuxter
10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Finally for something I care about: tfw2005.com is reporting that the WM exclusive Starscream is out! And he's only $50!

And he comes with Dr Arkeville!!!

Tycho
10-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope they reinforced the plastic by comparison to what Takara used or there will be a lot of broken Starscreams. I heard horror stories about stressed plastic on all his wing flaps etc. and as the Takara one shipped as a jet, I transformed him once and leave him on display as a robot.

My take on him is like he's an Unleashed statue that CAN transform if you really want to risk it. I bought Skywarp so I can have one on display as a jet. It really is a great sculpt. But it's twice the price to get these from the orient and I prefer those colors as I don't think he's a "robot in disguise" when REAL fighter jets are not white with bright red trim unless they're part of the Thunderbirds' air show.

JediTricks
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
There are several sightings of MP Screamer at WM, so with my plans having fallen through, I hit 4 different WMs and came up totally empty. I really want this piece though. I hate friggin' WM and their exclusives, LA and WM don't mix.

Navtek
10-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Does anyone have a SKU for the Masterpiece SS? I am hoping to start stockchecking at Wally's around SD.

JediTricks
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I only have the UPC: 065356927551

Navtek
10-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks JT! I'll run that by the customer service desk and after the mandatory blank stares of indifference subside, maybe they can help me look it up.:grin:

Navtek
10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
BTW, I saw the Ult Bumblebee Value pack at Walmart last night. In case you haven't seen it yet, it includes Deluxe Scorponok and Deluxe Brawl for $79.98. I expect them to sell through on these.

gambitguru
10-30-2007, 01:54 AM
if anybody finds a MP Starscream please stash for me. if there is any shighting in so cal please pm me

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks JT! I'll run that by the customer service desk and after the mandatory blank stares of indifference subside, maybe they can help me look it up.:grin:I actually got non-stupidity on this, apparently for WM the UPC is king, unlike SKUs and Target's internal DCPI system. Unnnnfortunately, the UPC delivered incredibly bad news, I saw it with me own eyes, in a 30 mile radius around the WM I was at, the figure is listed as "No PI" or something, which they showed me means it's not something that's currently on order or coming in. I am stunned, WM seems to be distributing this thing not in California at all, at least for the foreseeable future. I am going to write WM a letter tomorrow and make a few calls to managers of local stores and their higher ups, hopefully they'll have better news for me.

Tycho, if you see one in your area, PLEASE pick it up for me and I'll drive down and pay ya back.

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 05:52 PM
So, at one of the 3 WMs I hit today, an employee actually KNEW something on this matter! It's a friggin' miracle. He said they're getting them soon, in the first or second week of November (I didn't point out today is part of that first week). It's good to hear something at all on the matter.

orionlukteel
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Went to a couple different stores over the past week, and saw the same scenario repeated twice.

Parent/uncle/friend of the family is in Walmart/Target/TRU looking for Bumblebee, and Bumblebee ONLY. Target gets a pass because they actually have occasionally stocked the 2-packs.

Oh, sure, there are Fast Action Battlers and minis, but no deluxes. These parents are thoroughly confused by what their kid wants, so what do they pick up when they don't see anything else?

Ultimate Bumblebee.

EVERY one of those parents commented on the price tag. Oh, they verified that it would transform, that's all they really cared about, but they were really in shock over how much a simple Bumblebee cost. Because that was really the only non-preschool version they could find on the shelf.

Wonder how many kids aren't going to have their parents buying TFs anymore because of similar situations?

I'm not going to assume Hasbro isn't shipping Bumblebee deluxes anymore, but they sure aren't able to keep them on the shelves.

Tycho
11-03-2007, 10:22 PM
It's a conspiracy!

figrin bran
11-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Went to a couple different stores over the past week, and saw the same scenario repeated twice.

Parent/uncle/friend of the family is in Walmart/Target/TRU looking for Bumblebee, and Bumblebee ONLY. Target gets a pass because they actually have occasionally stocked the 2-packs.

Oh, sure, there are Fast Action Battlers and minis, but no deluxes. These parents are thoroughly confused by what their kid wants, so what do they pick up when they don't see anything else?

Ultimate Bumblebee.

EVERY one of those parents commented on the price tag. Oh, they verified that it would transform, that's all they really cared about, but they were really in shock over how much a simple Bumblebee cost. Because that was really the only non-preschool version they could find on the shelf.

Wonder how many kids aren't going to have their parents buying TFs anymore because of similar situations?

I'm not going to assume Hasbro isn't shipping Bumblebee deluxes anymore, but they sure aren't able to keep them on the shelves.

I just saw about 8 Bumblebees at Walmart today - both the 70's model and 08 deluxe so things should be getting better soon.

At Target, I saw a father paying for a Bonecrusher while his son was ripping into the package so it's not just BB that kids want.

El Chuxter
11-04-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm just worried that parents will be looking for the movie trash and the only two characters will be the $80 Bumblebee and the $50 Masterpiece Starscream, and they'll pick the cheaper one.

I hope and pray that isn't the case. I want that Starscream. That is the only toy I would not give up to a kid if there were only one left on the peg and he wanted it. I'd just laugh at him and call him a puny fleshling. I mean, I like kids, but this is Starscream we're talking about. He's just slightly less cool than Grimlock or Bludgeon (which puts him on par with, say, Flint or Zartan). And we know what the chances of seeing a Masterpiece Bludgeon would be.

Tycho
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I'll also try and find Starscream for you Chuxter. You found my Optimus Prime MP so long ago now, and it's still likely my favorite toy (I'm saying that with my SSC Jabba the Hutt 12" diorama next to me, knowing Prime is cooler and "does more.")

My stores have not received ANY as of yet. But right now, while I'm not planning on even getting one for myself (my Takara import is just fine), I might be responsible for buying 4 on sight to go to

Chux
Navtek
JediTricks
one other friend who doesn't post here - he's all into high-end, not Hasbro's reg stuff

2 of the above are in-town San Diegans who'll have to get first picks because they can pay me back and pick 'em up right away. Hometown loyalty thing. But I don't regularly count on the LA group to get me anything or I'd ask for 5 Starkillers - though I might be able to pick those up myself. Chux deserves my long-term delivery payback for Optimus though, so I might be able to coordinate bringing Starscream up to Temecula area for him.

If these turn out to be rare enough, then it's worthwhile.

Adam
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Jeez, I sure hope he isn't hard to find.. I just hope I can afford him if I ever see him.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Call your local WM's and ask to check on an item by UPC: 065 356 927 551. They'll put you on hold for a few minutes (the computer that checks their "Perpetual Inventory" is not their normal one, it's in customer service and it requires a bunch of typing, but it works extremely well) then ask you for the number, they'll be able to tell how many they have in stock and how many are in stock in nearby area stores (if they don't offer that option, ask for it, it's a simple keystroke from the screen they were just on). I found out just now that Screamer in my area is only in Chino and Upland stores right now, which are too far for me.

As for Ultimate BB, I've seen the same thing more than once, parents grumbling about how pricey it is and that it's the thing their kid wants. To be honest, if this thing were $50, I suspect most kids WOULD want it since it moves and interacts and transforms.

Tycho
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I read on TFW that Takara-Tomy is moving their production out of China and over to Vietnam amongst other countries. Their concerns include product safety and labor costs.

"Made in Vietnam" may start to become our toy lable.

This will also free China from more obligations so that it may be "the bad guy" in WWIII if necessary.

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I suspect they're going to be disappointed, Vietnamese manufacturing isn't generally to the quality of Chinese or Korean manufacturing for technology. I find it odd that the cheaper labor somehow is the safer labor - I bet that's going to bite them down the road when they find out other corners are cut to get there.

El Chuxter
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
That is a racist remark, JT, and I am offended. I can't believe you said that! Today it's insulting the Vietnamese, what, tomorrow, burning crosses in yards and attending Klan rallies?

I'm ashamed of you and expect an apology to be sent to each and every inhabitant of the fine country of Vietnam.

:mad:

(Just kidding. My wife is Vietnamese, and I've seen enough Vietnamese-made products to know your assessment is pretty spot-on. Great food, lousy consumer goods.)

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Man, for a second I thought we were gonna be having a prob, you took that all the way. :p

Nike seems to be pretty attached to Vietnam and I haven't seen their quality diminish, but they may be paying enough to make it all work. That's the key anywhere though - China, Mexico, wherever - if you pay a reasonable amount for management, labor, and oversight, you're not going to have bad products. But "reasonable amount" means nearly what you'd pay in the US which isn't generally cost-effective for these companies, they go to these countries for labor at 3rd-world prices.

plasticfetish
11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
The article said "Thailand and Vietnam."

For years Takara shifted production between Japan and Malaysia, so it's not such a weird thing to see them looking elsewhere yet again. Though... their best toys were always made in Japan, and I wish they'd shift back that way a lot more now.

gambitguru
11-09-2007, 02:51 AM
so mp ss is hitting california. seen on ebay one from chino hills and alta loma. there is a bunch from texas and mid west. also saw on amazon couple sellers from cali.