PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I picked Masterpiece Starscream up from Rosemead WM this morning, last one in stock.

The packaging, somehow I missed just opening the top flap and disassembled a lot of uselessness before realizing it wasn't that difficult. D'oh! The pose is a little stiff thanks to the trays, twisties, and clearbands, but it's not that difficult to free him. Robot mode looks good, real G1 cred in these colors but the sculpt and detailing is Masterpiece all the way. The issues that looked like they were on the Takara version are here as well - long face, kibble, long torso - but he's got a lot of positives going on to outweigh that. I was expecting the hips to be a little more movable and hands a little more useful (and less fragile-feeling) but otherwise articulation is slick - the big hip kibble does get in the way a bit tho'. The stand is nice in bot mode, and I'm glad they threw his name on there, the Japanese release looks empty without it. The stand in bot mode accommodates his alt-mode missiles, and in vehicle mode accommodates the null-ray cannons instead (if you don't leave them on, of course); underneath there's storage for the clear stand arm and the clip for the Megatron accessory from 20th Prime (no storage for lil Dr. Arkeville tho', but you can leave him in the pilot chair which folds away in bot mode).

Transformation has a lot of steps but doesn't feel as convoluted as 20th Prime's crazy torso. The instructions leave out a few little elements like clips in the way and move-that-piece-first, but generally do a good job going robot to alt, no alt-to-robot at all though, luckily it's not too hard to reverse them. I don't really get what the flip-up crotchpiece is though, that makes no sense - I guess it's supposed to be flipped down in bot mode, but they didn't. The instructions also completely neglect the panels over the engines flipping up, not much detail underneath but still...

Alt mode is very nice, thought I haven't gotten the center part to completely align, it still looks quite slick and the G1 colors make him pop. It's great to have a Starscream without undercarriage trash finally. The opening airbrake is a cool feature, as is the front landing gear - the rear landing gear is alright, I'm glad it seals up, but it's pretty basic and not that reliable. Starscream's crown is painted as an emblem under the cockpit, very nifty.

Both modes are fairly solid. Paint weathering isn't as crazy as the initial pics had it, some of the parts are a little clean but most are just right. The base color is essentially white instead of gray, but it works. The big Decepticon logos on the wings are cool, but in bot mode they're upside-down. Overall, a cool customer, and you can't leave him unplayed-with.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Overall, a cool customer, and you can't leave him unplayed-with.

Until you break him.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Until you break him.
If you treat your toys like fine breakables and never touch them, you're not going to get the full experience out of them. And what happens if you break your duplicate? Your triplicate? Then you're just as SOL. I don't have time or money to waste tracking down a second one of these because of the "what if's" - I try to live by the motto that it's better to regret the things you have done than the things you haven't. If it breaks, then at least I know I enjoyed it to its fullest while I had it.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 10:38 PM
This is Part One of an Interview With JediTricks. The subject: Masterpiece Starscream.

I'm MichaelBayFan and you're tuned in to 6 Minutes.

MBF: What do you think of the material choices that went into his construction?

MBF: Does he feel delicate to you?

MBF: How will you display him?

MBF: Are you tempted to get another just to protect each of them from straining the plastic while transforming him?

MBF: Assuming American versions of Skywarp and Thundercracker repaints are someday on the horizon, would you buy them?

MBF: In what mode would you display each of them?

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Michael Bay can eat a hot bag of ****, hopefully in under 6 minutes.

The materials are fine, nothing feels so brittle that it'll break from use, but it's not rubbery either. I abused it a little during incorrect transformation the first time around and nothing went wrong except a part popped off a peg it was designed to pop off. There's a very slight alignment issue in the midsection of the vehicle mode with a little gap where the bot shoulders and the air brake don't quite meet, that could be a materials issue, but it could be something else. It looks like the tabs on the wings have been redesigned with a softer plastic bridge hinge, they certainly don't seem like they'll break.

No, not delicate. Maybe the finger joints, those are VERY small, that's a horrible design right there actually. And they assembled the fingers so they joint out, luckily they rotate 180.

Bot mode on the stand, alongside my very small Alternators Decepticon force. Probably with the right leg lifted 1 click so it won't be so close to the missiles docked in the base. If I can get it to stay, holding the MP Prime Megatron accessory, but so far his hands are too dainty.

Another $50 for an item I may never open? HELL NO! Maybe if I find one on clearance for half that, but even then it'll depend on how flush I am with cash, and we're not likely to actually find any on clearance anyway.

No more seekers for me, I just don't care enough about those repaint guys to drop another $50 and carve another big footprint out of my meager display.

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I understand there was a guy from Santa Prisca who dressed like a Mexican wrestler (and who I think may have been addicted to steroids) who bought a Masterpiece Starscream and, as soon as he paid for it, snapped it over his knee while screaming, "I must BREAK YOU!!"

(Anyone get that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

El Chuxter
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I guess no one got it. Sad. It is one of the greatest moments in superhero history.

Thanks to Tycho, I got MP Starscream yesterday. He is a really sweet figure. I've not even transformed him yet, though, as he looks too cool just standing there, holding Megatron and sneering.

Navtek
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Another shout out to Tycho for hooking me up with MP SS. This figure is really cool and the first MP I've bought. Now, I want to get them all! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I guess no one got it. Sad. It is one of the greatest moments in superhero history.

Thanks to Tycho, I got MP Starscream yesterday. He is a really sweet figure. I've not even transformed him yet, though, as he looks too cool just standing there, holding Megatron and sneering.
Oh, it's a Bane reference! I don't really see Bane as Mexican Wrestlery, he's not paunchy enough and his mouth is covered by his mask. Plus, I'll be honest, Bane breaking Batman's back never really impacted me, not like Superman v Doomsday.

El Chuxter
11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
You gotta admit the costume is right out of La Lucha.

Bane didn't have quite the impact of Doomsday, but he's a much cooler character overall.

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I suppose the top is, but since he's not a fat guy underneath, it doesn't quite sell.

Part of the problem is we all knew Batman wasn't going to stay paralyzed for long, and Superman's big death thing had just happened a few months prior and severely overshadowed Bane's big smackdown.

El Chuxter
11-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Not to mention the aftermath kinda sucked. A psychotic killer as Batman wasn't explored as fully as it should've been, and everything with Bruce Wayne hobbling around with a cane was boring as hell. And both endings rank among the worst deus ex machinas ever written. Even Dick as Batman for a month or two afterward wasn't as good as it could've and should've been.

But Bane... wow. I still get chills when I think of the panel where he identifies Bruce as Batman just from his walk, and comments that Bruce Wayne is nothing but a mask. I think he and Venom are the only truly great supervillains of the past two decades. (There are plenty of really good ones, but those two rank up there with Joker or Dr Doom.)

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 12:28 AM
You do love that Bane recognizing Batman thing, don'tcha? You bring it up a lot. :D That's alright, but by now that's probably the main thing I know about El Chuxter. ;) I would have liked Bane a lot more if his past wasn't so... I dunno, convoluted and ill-fitting of the character we end up with. It just seems so much less than who he is.

Personally, I really don't like Venom as a character or as a "big villain", just too easy and too much of a "look at how badarse this alien is compared to Spidey". Not that he was even in Spider-Man 3, that was NOT Venom. I don't know if I'd put Dr Doom higher though because I just was never into the Fantastic Four so he's not really on my radar all that much, I like the look but that's kinda all I got for him. The Joker's overrated in my book as well (though he's so inconsistently portrayed that I'm not entirely sure HOW I feel about the clown prince of crime).

Starscream makes a great villain, cowardly and greedy and power-mad and willing to stab his own leader in the back. They gave him a more noble characterization not too long ago that worked pretty well too, the right writers can actually do a lot with a fairly weasly character like him - which is why the movie totally failed his character.

El Chuxter
11-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Starscream really is the great villain of Transformers, isn't he? Even Megatron, for all his megalomania and psychosis, has a twisted sense of honor underneath it all. Starscream would sell his own mother in a heartbeat... if he had a mother or a heartbeat.

I'm just going through all the "major" characters in the G1 Decepticons. Shockwave is all logic. Ratbat is all efficiency. Bludgeon and Thunderwing are both more "honor-bound" than Megatron. Galvatron is insanity personified. Scorponok is a one-dimensional giant in one version, and actually a flawed hero in the other. The other jets are all just foot soldiers following orders. I guess Soundwave is the only one who really even comes close to Starscream in the true villainy department.

Out of curiosity, have you read any of the Starscream stories penned by Furman in the original Marvel series? He's at his absolute most conniving cowardice there. Even if the art sucks, the issue where he is resurrected as a Pretender has possibly his single most self-serving spineless moment when Prime actually cuts loose and he goes from whooping everyone to literally begging on his knees in less than a second.

Venom is easily misused, and has been far too often. The early, more toned-down portrayal of a sick individual with a grudge against Spidey suddenly getting his memories and powers, then proceeding to really screw with him, is awesome. I love how he used to stroll up to Aunt May when Peter was talking to her and act like the sweetest guy in the world, and even tell Peter later that he'd never hurt her, but he just kept doing it only to f*** with Peter's head. That was great villainy, not the "look, I'm a bigger version of Spider-Man and I have a kewl tongue" shtick that came soon after.

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 01:09 AM
I haven't read those, but that sounds pretty good. I've never been able to delve into the TF comics much, I've been loaned both old and new, but it never feels quite "there" either because of the writing or the art. From the way the comics fans talk, it sounds like I'm missing out, but I would just like to see art that is worthy of TF and that level of writing so I can fully engage.

Screamer's awesome, Megatron will actually work with his enemy to stop the greater threat, but Screamer's so selfish that almost nothing can get him to be that pragmatic, and it makes him a loose cannon out for blood and willing to take advantage of greater threats for his own needs. That's one thing TF:TM could have expanded upon and gotten really "right" instead of just "right for a few minutes" - Starscream willing to use the Autobot thrashing to toss Megs out into space, but having him use the threat of Unicron to take advantage and grab more power would have been note-perfect.

To me, as cool as the Venom you just described is, ultimately I have a hard time not getting stuck on either "over the top alien contrivance" or "Spidey's own Reverse-Flash or boring Bizarro". And any time you have a villain knowing everything about the superhero's secret identity, it always feels forced to not have that exploited to endgame immediately (Batman Begins got this right, Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul did just that, he came in and took out Batman, or so he thought). Sometimes I buy the spidey-sense-nullification angle and sometimes I really don't, so it's hard for me to ever get into the character beyond that because it's a biggie and I still haven't made up my mind if it's too much of a CPD or not.

El Chuxter
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
IFrom the way the comics fans talk, it sounds like I'm missing out, but I would just like to see art that is worthy of TF and that level of writing so I can fully engage.

The last 12 issues of the first series had some beautiful art by Andrew Wildman (minus one beautiful issue by Geoff Senior). Trouble is, it picks up where the preceding 13 left off; the story would be tough to pick up in the middle, and the earlier issues were traded off between Senior and a guy named Joe Delbo, who draws the Transformers way too cartoony. (He's also inconsistent. Soundwave has suddenly lost his mask and grown a mouth in between panels on a few occasions when he was drawing.)

And any time you have a villain knowing everything about the superhero's secret identity, it always feels forced to not have that exploited to endgame immediately (Batman Begins got this right, Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul did just that, he came in and took out Batman, or so he thought).

Or, if not immediately, at least at the first opportunity. (I could see a baddie who learns the secret identity waiting for a while to bide his time for the perfect opportunity to wipe his foe out.)

darthvyn
11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
That was great villainy, not the "look, I'm a bigger version of Spider-Man and I have a kewl tongue" shtick that came soon after.

to be fair, as soon as venom got huge it came down from on high that he should appear as much as possible. the "kewl tongue" and all that over-the-top stuff was done by then-artist erik larsen because he didn't like the character and wanted to make him look ridiculous, or so he says.

To me, as cool as the Venom you just described is, ultimately I have a hard time not getting stuck on either "over the top alien contrivance" or "Spidey's own Reverse-Flash or boring Bizarro". And any time you have a villain knowing everything about the superhero's secret identity, it always feels forced to not have that exploited to endgame immediately (Batman Begins got this right, Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul did just that, he came in and took out Batman, or so he thought).

the same happened in amazing spider-man #347 (http://www.wallcrawlersweb.com/database/comics/title/asm/vol/1/issue/347/fullcover) - been a while since i read it, but basically peter got eddie to follow him to a deserted island and made venom believe he was dead.

El Chuxter
11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I wasn't dissing the tongue itself, but it did get a little ridiculous later on.

Remember how Marvel wanted to give Venom, Sabretooth, and Deadpool their own series, but there was an editorial policy against villains being the stars, so they all became heroes (or at least anti-heroes)? That was dumb. Villains turning into heroes isn't a bad idea, but several doing it in a short time period just so they can headline books is.

Amazing #347... that was a damned good issue. Whether he liked the character or not, Larsen is still the definitive Venom artist. (Take that, McFarlane!)

Tycho
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I am not the comic book fan that many of you guys are. I know the heroes from some cartoons and movies, mostly the later-day 90's and more recent movies.

It seems to me that

Green Goblin / Green Goblin 2,
Dr. Octopus
Penguin
Magneeto
Starscream (of the G1 cartoons)

all have the most interesting stories. All the information I've ever seen about Venom doesn't impress me that much. The symbiot is much more interesting for what it does to Peter Parker, than anything it did to Eddie Brock.

Sandman even came off as an interesting villain in the latest Spidey film, and Brock did not.

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Or, if not immediately, at least at the first opportunity. (I could see a baddie who learns the secret identity waiting for a while to bide his time for the perfect opportunity to wipe his foe out.)It's a stretch, like 'why would he wait and wait?' but yeah, that's more the speed. These villains do pull stupid crap like that, "we have Batman right here boss, unconscious and tied up, what should we do with him, pull off his mask? ... No? But- ... But-! ... Sure thing boss, we'll wait for you to get here then so Bats can escape and beat us up and throw you back in Arkham where you'll stay for a few months before easily getting out and starting this whole thing all over again. ... 'What was that?' Oh, nothing boss."

the same happened in amazing spider-man #347 (http://www.wallcrawlersweb.com/database/comics/title/asm/vol/1/issue/347/fullcover) - been a while since i read it, but basically peter got eddie to follow him to a deserted island and made venom believe he was dead.And luckily, in the 16.5 years since that issue, he's stayed fooled the entire time.

Remember how Marvel wanted to give Venom, Sabretooth, and Deadpool their own series, but there was an editorial policy against villains being the stars, so they all became heroes (or at least anti-heroes)? That was dumb. Villains turning into heroes isn't a bad idea, but several doing it in a short time period just so they can headline books is.Ugh, is that the reason? I hated that crap! Venom, the anti-hero, like Marvel didn't have enough anti-heroes at the time without making all the "cool" villains anti-heroes as well. And what did that give rise to? F'ing CARNAGE! I don't think I know anybody who digs Carnage.

Deadpool is a pretty cool character though, even as an anti-hero.

Sandman even came off as an interesting villain in the latest Spidey film, and Brock did not.OH MY GOD! How could you even say that? Sandman was the worst ****ing villain in all of movie history, and the way they wrapped that up was utterly shameless! (literally, I suppose) I guess what should we expect from someone who prefers Smallville to Superman, but still, it's stunning you'd even say that.

In actual TF news, I finally made space for MS Starscream by taking down another big TF I had there. It also freed up enough display space so Ravage (1) doesn't have to hide behind Shockblast, and Dead End isn't driving in front of the Autobots. That stand isn't all it could be though, I suspect that's gonna be a disaster at some point.

El Chuxter
11-15-2007, 12:59 AM
I just meant that, maybe, say, the villain learns the hero's identity, but if he acts immediately, he might get caught by the authorities. Or maybe he's a sick SOB wh wants to set it up so that the hero, in his civilian guise, sees his foe kill his wife, kids, mom, and butler just before killing him.

Tycho
11-15-2007, 04:23 AM
While we're on the subject of secret identities, why not take the IDs of folks in real life and write them secret identities such as follows:

1) Kevin Smith is actually a 5 year old girl.

2) Michael Jackson is also Marillyn Manson.

3) Hillary Clinton is really Boris Yeltsin

4) Mr. Miyagi was actually Ross Perot

5) Britney Spears is actually Sean Penn

6) Tom Leykus is really Oprah Winfrey

There could be others. But the proof to reveal all this could comprise just one season of a new show.

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I just meant that, maybe, say, the villain learns the hero's identity, but if he acts immediately, he might get caught by the authorities. Or maybe he's a sick SOB wh wants to set it up so that the hero, in his civilian guise, sees his foe kill his wife, kids, mom, and butler just before killing him.I see what you mean about acting hastily, and the latter, but the latter part is never effective usually (Jason Todd notwithstanding), the hero ends up getting the drop on the villain somehow.

JON9000
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Late to the game. I bought a Masterpiece Starscream today. I haven't bought a Transformer since I was a kid, but this puppy was too awesome looking to pass up. I mean, it is totally bad-arse. Have they been making these upgraded pieces forever?

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Just since the TF 20th anniversary in '04, you could count the short-lived Alternators line as well, it started in very late '03 and ended last year. If you dig Screamer, you should DEFINITELY pick up Optimus Prime, even the 20th Anniversary of TF:The Movie version with its awful talking display base (they got some clown who sounds nothing like Prime for it), that is probably the best TF toy ever and it's half die-cast metal. Some WMs still actually have 'em in stock despite being a year old.

El Chuxter
11-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I see what you mean about acting hastily, and the latter, but the latter part is never effective usually (Jason Todd notwithstanding), the hero ends up getting the drop on the villain somehow.

Just imagine Peter is out shopping at the grocery store with Aunt May and MJ. One of the few villains who hasn't dated May at some point (let's say Electro) walks up to them without his costume as they leave the store. He pulls out his mask, holds it up over his face, says, "Yo, Spidey," and then shoots him in both knees, followed by MJ and May in the head. He kicks Peter in the head, shoots him a few times in the gut (definitely fatal, but not intantaneous), then walks off, saying, "Gotcha last."

I'm not trying to be super-twisted. That's the way a demented villain would think.

And don't bring up the fact that the spider-sense would alert Peter. This is totally just an example.

JON, I would also try to track down some of the Classics, especially Jetfire.

JediTricks
11-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Classics are not as good when compared to Masterpiece, and if one is looking for more detail and realism, it's Alternators as second. Classics is a great line, but anybody who didn't like the Armada-Energon-Cybertron lines will be torn with Classics.

That's a villain we never see though because otherwise the comic is over.

El Chuxter
11-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I disliked Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and love Classics. I think of them as kid-friendly figures based on classic characters, like what we might've gotten had the technology existed in 1984. Jetfire is especially wicked.

JT, obviously the comic would end at this point (unless it's Superman or Captain America), but it would work well for a minor character who was getting cancelled (especially if the big two are in "rampant killing mode," as they seem to be right now), or for a character in a team book.

Of course, the villain could be looking forward to a moment like this and get thwarted somehow before executing his plan. How many times has Joker actually beaten up his own gang members when they've attempted to kill Batman, or even unmask him. He knows that, in his sick little world, life is no fun without Batman, and unmasking him destroys the punchline.

Tycho
11-16-2007, 06:21 PM
While I'm not saying JT "condones" my attitude, the following quote suggests he perfectly understands it:

Classics are not as good when compared to Masterpiece, and if one is looking for more detail and realism, it's Alternators as second. Classics is a great line, but anybody who didn't like the Armada-Energon-Cybertron lines will be torn with Classics.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 03:43 AM
I disliked Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and love Classics. I think of them as kid-friendly figures based on classic characters, like what we might've gotten had the technology existed in 1984. Jetfire is especially wicked.I believe that dichotomy is all about you and your attachments to G1, not the toys themselves on their own merits. Armada started rocky but has some good entries if you take out the "must play slave to G1" issue. Classics borrows heavily from the Cybertron design school which was a bold new direction borne from the Energon line.

JT, obviously the comic would end at this point (unless it's Superman or Captain America), but it would work well for a minor character who was getting cancelled (especially if the big two are in "rampant killing mode," as they seem to be right now), or for a character in a team book.Yeah, but we all know that either a reboot of the character would come within 7 or 8 years, or somehow it'd resonate with bigger characters in some over-the-top manner, some sort of comic cheatiness.

Of course, the villain could be looking forward to a moment like this and get thwarted somehow before executing his plan. How many times has Joker actually beaten up his own gang members when they've attempted to kill Batman, or even unmask him. He knows that, in his sick little world, life is no fun without Batman, and unmasking him destroys the punchline.That only fits to a certain degree I think, if it's not faithfully voiced it's just a cheat IMO.

El Chuxter
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Why does it have to be a "slave to G1 thing"? Can't it be that I really disliked what I saw of the cartoons and didn't want to get into another new line?

I really liked the DW comic based on Armada/Energon before it went under. I'm open to Beast Wars. I even have a couple of RID figures that I quite like, as well as Unicron, who is technically an Armada figure. I don't dislike the designs from the movie, even, though I'm in no hurry to tell Hasbro that with my money.

BTW, the Joker has never been portrayed in the same way twice. My scenario works with him, but only when he's portrayed "properly." (I consider the best portrayals to be the animated version, especially in Mask of the Phantasm, and in The Killing Joke, which is easily the best Joker story ever told--and not just because he put a bullet into Batgirl.)

matthewilw
11-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't mean to change the subject on you guys, but I saw something this morning that I'm very curious about. I started night-stocking at target a few weeks ago, one of the only perks of this job is the easy access to new toys. While unpacking a case of movie deluxe figures today I noticed a brawl that only had half of his barrel. It was right in the center of his main cannon. My first thought was that the figure just fell apart during shipping, but after inspecting it closer I was unable to locate the seperated piece. I checked the other Brawls we had and they were all normal. So I'm curious if this is fairly common variant, or just a rare factory mistake? I'm seriously thinking about going back for it because his "snub-nose" barrel is actually kind of cool, plus the arms on the one I have now don't lock in place properly and completely ruins the fun of the toy.

El Chuxter
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was just an error that got past quality control. There seem to be a rash of Hasbro figures shipping with various missing parts lately.

matthewilw
11-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Unpacked 3 full cases of movie deluxes today with no allspark power figures to be found. I'm really looking forward to that landmine. Absolutely cannot wait for incinerator though.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Why does it have to be a "slave to G1 thing"? Can't it be that I really disliked what I saw of the cartoons and didn't want to get into another new line?Not when we're talking about the toys from an objective standpoint, the cartoon reflected nary at all on the toys and it's doubly unobjective since Classics' only semblance of a cartoon is the G1 series.

BTW, the Joker has never been portrayed in the same way twice. My scenario works with him, but only when he's portrayed "properly." (I consider the best portrayals to be the animated version, especially in Mask of the Phantasm, and in The Killing Joke, which is easily the best Joker story ever told--and not just because he put a bullet into Batgirl.)The problem is that it's unbelievable to the degree he takes it, nobody's THAT crazy and functional to the degree he is, only in the strained comics world at its thinnest.

I don't mean to change the subject on you guys, but I saw something this morning that I'm very curious about. I started night-stocking at target a few weeks ago, one of the only perks of this job is the easy access to new toys. While unpacking a case of movie deluxe figures today I noticed a brawl that only had half of his barrel. It was right in the center of his main cannon. My first thought was that the figure just fell apart during shipping, but after inspecting it closer I was unable to locate the seperated piece. I checked the other Brawls we had and they were all normal. So I'm curious if this is fairly common variant, or just a rare factory mistake? I'm seriously thinking about going back for it because his "snub-nose" barrel is actually kind of cool, plus the arms on the one I have now don't lock in place properly and completely ruins the fun of the toy.Total error. Which Brawl, the big $40 one or the $10 one? The $10 one's barrel comes off very easily and there's enough space to hide it in the bubble, or even on a factory floor, but the larger one is wired on there so it'd be a biggie. Errors don't seem to get a lot of TransFan attention the way they do with SW collectors, I guess because it's more of a hindrance to the toy with that line.

Unpacked 3 full cases of movie deluxes today with no allspark power figures to be found. I'm really looking forward to that landmine. Absolutely cannot wait for incinerator though.Only in Australia so far, from what I've heard. I think we're going to get stuck with a formerly-unseen repaint wave under Allspark Power before we get the 2 new figures in the subline, stupid Hasbro.

Check it out, someone made a life-sized TF:Alternator, on this Japanese page (http://www.people.ne.jp/2007/11/20/jp20071120_79929.html) (translated) (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.people.ne.jp/2007/11/20/jp20071120_79929.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.people.ne.jp/2007/11/20/jp20071120_79929.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%22).

Tycho
11-21-2007, 03:43 AM
That sucks that Citroen is doing what Chevy is not.

In my Transformers DVD cover (the greatest movie ever made by Michael Bay) there is an order form and contest entry info to win a 2008 concept Camaro in BumbleBee's paint scheme.

However, the disclaimer in the fine print says that the car will not drive by itself, talk, or transform into an 18 foot tall robot. Well why not?

If Chevy is going to import cars from Cybertron, they might as well offer us the good stuff. The disclaimer also says that the car they're offering with the DVD is not actually from Cybertron.

I was pretty disappointed.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 04:09 AM
You'll notice that a realistic Alternator is not 18 feet tall, more like 12' - I thought Bay's edict of "bigger giant robots!!!" was really stupid, and this is proof.

matthewilw
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Total error. Which Brawl, the big $40 one or the $10 one? The $10 one's barrel comes off very easily and there's enough space to hide it in the bubble, or even on a factory floor, but the larger one is wired on there so it'd be a biggie. Errors don't seem to get a lot of TransFan attention the way they do with SW collectors, I guess because it's more of a hindrance to the toy with that line.

Only in Australia so far, from what I've heard. I think we're going to get stuck with a formerly-unseen repaint wave under Allspark Power before we get the 2 new figures in the subline, stupid Hasbro.

It's the deluxe version. But about allspark power, it seems a little odd to me that it would hit Australia before the US so I'm expecting it any day now. I can think of very few instances in recent years where something has shown up on toy news sites (tfw2005,tformers) as being released before I had actually seen it in a store. At least I can be hopeful.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
AU is closer to Japan and has less distribution slowages than we do in the US, so about 1 out of every 5 waves seems to show up there first.

Navtek
11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
TFW just reported that Bumblebee just took down the Wii for most searched for item on Yahoo Shopping for Black Friday weekend. So, I guess the question now is, will Ultimate Bumblebee be the "must have" item for Christmas or will it be one of the smaller versions?

El Chuxter
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe because that's due to people knowing the Wii is pretty much "buy it if you're lucky enough to see it."

JediTricks
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
It does look like the UltimaBees are selling out at the Targets near me, but I'm not ready to concede that it doesn't suck and has a chance of selling well. My guess is the searches were looking for ANY toy since that's what the little rugrats asked for.

Tycho
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
My guess is the searches were looking for ANY toy since that's what the little rugrats asked for.

I would also guess that's correct. Parents are probably unaware there's a $10 BumbleBee as it's almost never on the pegs.

Furthermore, the Fast Action Battler BumbleBee isn't around either.

So there's ONLY the $90 alternative.

That's actually working out pretty well for Hasbro I'd bet.

El Chuxter
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Every year, there's a list of "hot toys," which I suspect is funded by the toy companies. Parents who want to impress their kids, but don't actually pay enough attention to them to know what they want, will buy whatever is on that list.

That's why Ultimate Bumblebee is selling, and that's why it surpassed the Wii on Yahoo! searches. It's the same scam that sold a bazillion of those Millennium Falcon abortions Transformers last year.

I would've cried if I'd opened a box from Santa and found one of those turds under the wrapping paper.

Tycho
11-27-2007, 10:39 PM
So you're saying a list of True Hot Toys doesn't really exist?

Next, you'll be saying that Santa Claus isn't real either, right? ;)

El Chuxter
11-27-2007, 11:00 PM
No, I'm saying that, every year, kids want something. I'm just not so sure that the toys on the list are necessarily the same thing.

What good is an Ultimate Bumblebee, given that there is no other movie Transformer figure in the same scale?

Tycho
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
I agree with you. NavTek will be along here in a short while to defend BumbleBee though.

He brought him over to my place and was quite taken with him, wanting to demostrate all his features.

It's cute, I'll give it that. But so is CyberStompin' Optimus Prime for like 1/4 the cost (and it's Peter Cullen's voice. [Peter Cullen is even cooler than Michael Bay])

What other character would you make in that scale to go with him? Barricade came to mind first. A Decepticon would be preferrable, as Transformers is about a war, so BumbleBee needs an enemy as he has us as his friends already.

But I'd rather spend that kind of cash, or a little less, on a Leader Class or Ultra Class Blackout, Starscream, Megatron, or Bonecrusher - hopefully several of those.

Navtek
11-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I agree with you. NavTek will be along here in a short while to defend BumbleBee though.

He brought him over to my place and was quite taken with him, wanting to demostrate all his features.

It's cute, I'll give it that. But so is CyberStompin' Optimus Prime for like 1/4 the cost (and it's Peter Cullen's voice. [Peter Cullen is even cooler than Michael Bay])

Words, words, words, cute, cyberstomper, words, words, words. I'm sorry did Tycho say something?

It's a pretty cool toy, just a little overpriced. To the Grey Poupon crowd of toy buyers here on the boards, it may not be that high a priority but Hasbro will still sell a buttload of those things.

Tycho
11-28-2007, 12:45 AM
More cuteness. Haha.

Well, I'd buy it, but as one of my last priorities - and maybe at a clearance sale. I did like seeing your BumbleBee figure though.

figrin bran
12-06-2007, 01:21 AM
In the last couple of days, I've picked up wave 2 of the Movie Robot Heroes as well as received MP Screamer in the mail from our very own Tycho.

He is rather lightweight but I don't fear it breaking. I do fear losing the articulated fingers, however. Otherwise, this is a great addition to my collection!

It looks like Hasbro will be doing more metallic repaints with their Premium Series. premium series repaints (http://www.allspark.com/albums/Mixed-Groups/premiums.jpg)

Luuuuuuke
12-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Christ, I can't even transform my MP Starscream into a jet. I suck at transforming.

A collecting buddy(actually, the only one I have), is going to give me a classics Ramjet(he owes me). Ironically, I found one of these at a Walmart just like a month ago, thought it looked great, but left it because I don't do Transformers. But now that I have Starscream, I kind of want to buy the jet Transformers with the original 1980s colors. I'm totally uninterested in the rest.

Tycho
12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Good luck with your MP Starscream Luuuuuke. Please be very careful as I think he's pretty fragile. So Luuuuuke, DON"T use The Force. ;)

It took me 1 hr to transform mine, and there's no shame in that. I got the Takara gun-metal gray version of him and payed a premium for it to come to me from Japan. But it is the same thing that you guys have in the Classic colors.

I just know that stress marks in the plastic from moving his parts would be harder to see on the lighter colored pieces of the American version.

Oh, and once you're hooked - there's no escape. If you can get the 20th Anniversary / Masterpiece 01 or 04 Optimus Prime (04 has the trailer), it was rated Toy Fare Magazine's Best Toy Ever in their Top 100! I'd have to agree because when you transform him, you get 2 toys (a robot and a truck obviously) but he has more metal parts and is very sturdy in his contstruction and quite durable (read: quality!)

No one here is going to argue that Prime isn't worth it. Sorry, but I have a lot of toys, mostly Star Wars, but Optimus Prime does literally top the list. I am totally greatful to our own ElChuxter for getting that thing to me (I passed on the original release when I saw it in stores and then regretted it). Chuxter got me the figure when the original, more realistically painted (and possibly more metallic) figure was still shipping during the very end of his first release. Still the best toy purchase I ever made. Thanks Chux!

Navtek
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh, and once you're hooked - there's no escape. If you can get the 20th Anniversary / Masterpiece 01 or 04 Optimus Prime (04 has the trailer), it was rated Toy Fare Magazine's Best Toy Ever in their Top 100! I'd have to agree because when you transform him, you get 2 toys (a robot and a truck obviously) but he has more metal parts and is very sturdy in his contstruction and quite durable (read: quality!)

I have to agree with Tycho... mostly ;)

MP Prime is a GREAT toy. Whether the Takara or the Hasbro re-release, he is really well done. (BTW Tycho, I finally caved and got one from HTS the other day because of all the sale prices they have been having.)

Masterpieces are addictive. After getting MP SS (Hasbro) I am powerless to resist the rest of them. I'll probably add Megs to my case when he is reissued. In theory, I hope to buy less product overall because of the higher standard. (Yeah, not likely but that's how I sold it to myself :))

One point of order though. MP Prime was selected the #1 toy of the last ten years. Toyfare was celebrating their 10 year anniversary so that was the significance. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-09-2007, 02:06 AM
I think the thing to fear about MP Starscream is not this supposed "fragility" but the fact that the fingers come off so easily. I lose figure accessories all the time so I've been taking extra care during that part of the transformation process that involves the hands.

I've been noticing a lot of kids ripping open Movie TF packages right after their parents have paid for them at Target. It seems like for better or worse, these movie toys are their G1.

JediTricks
12-09-2007, 02:39 AM
I haven't had the fingers on my SS come off yet, but I am worried their tiny ball-joints are too thin and will break eventually, that design is ridiculous - what were they thinking?!?

figrin bran
12-29-2007, 01:49 AM
It looks like we'll be getting Onslaught in the Classics Universe line photo of Onslaught (http://tformers.com/transformers-first-look-at/8812/news.html)

Might we be getting the rest of the Combaticons as well?

JediTricks
12-29-2007, 03:59 AM
That picture makes the figure look a little cheap, maybe I'm reading too much into it but it doesn't have the higher standards I was expecting from Classics II - especially since it's coming off the heels of the movie line with its higher sculpting qualities. In any event, I don't see that being the hub of a combiner, but they could surprise us.

matthewilw
12-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Found those movie scene packs yesterday at a local walmart. I was waiting for the final stand set to get a more movie-accurate repaint of longarm but I had to pass when I saw it in person. The Mikeala figure is actually in the longarm's drivers seat but the figure only exists from about the bust up. I'm sure I could remove it, but I wasn't too keen on that half-bumblebee either. I think I'm just going to get a normal deluxe longarm now.

matthewilw
12-30-2007, 11:47 AM
New wave of deluxes available at hts.

Camshaft:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=416&ID=20596

Landmine:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=502&ID=20593

Cliffjumper (still coming soon but that might be sooner rather than later)
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?ID=20595&BR=496&pn=ps_results

Adam
01-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Ah! Finally got a MP Starscream. Saw him on Wal-Mart.com and they are shipping him to my nearby store. SOON!! :love:

figrin bran
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I bought Landmine today. As JT might say, "not the best, not the worst". The transformation is rather simplistic - flip the back of the buggy to form legs, pull out side doors for arms, flip hood over to reveal head.

While JT was suggesting on another thread (Hauls thread, I believe) that the head design was probably done to incorporate some of the buggy design, they kind of overdid it as all the black grid lines obscure any detail on the face. I was expecting light piping with the eyes but they made the back of the head solid blue plastic.

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all. I won't be getting mine for a few days, it's coming in the mail, but no easily-seen eyes is a bad idea.

Supposedly, Incinerator is out at WM now, but it's raining here too much for me to bother, I'll probably make a run for him next week.

orionlukteel
01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow - major restocks going on!

I saw a shelf full of Leader Primes yesterday, and this morning I saw a Leader Nightwatch Prime (blue and gray paint app, a-la Recon Barricade) at WalMart this morning.

It looked nice, but not sure I'm ready to spend another $40 on it.

figrin bran
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all. I won't be getting mine for a few days, it's coming in the mail, but no easily-seen eyes is a bad idea.

Supposedly, Incinerator is out at WM now, but it's raining here too much for me to bother, I'll probably make a run for him next week.

JT, Landmine's face reminds me of a baseball catcher. I joked earlier that it looks too Bionicle-ish and while that sort of design works for the larger scale of Bionicles, it really doesn't work here. behind the "catcher's mask" the entire head is light blue save for 4 dots where the eyes are supposed to be. However, the grids on the mask obscure everything else so that's all you really notice.

The rest of the figure is kind of lackluster - like I said earlier, a really simplistic transformation and it feels more like a Scout class TF than a Deluxe. Also the tiny exhaust pipes on the back of the buggy aren't glued in and so they come off rather easily, making them a prime candidate for those proverbial accessories that get lost in your carpet or flooring.

Navtek
01-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I saw deluxe Cliffjumper last night at the Target liquidation center; AKA Target Mission Valley. That store looks like a warzone with two full aisles of clearance merchandise at 75% off. No battlepacks or exclusives.

It looked OK, but I couldn't bring myself to buy ANOTHER bumblebee just because it was red... and had a silver hood.

El Chuxter
01-14-2008, 11:38 AM
When is the Animated Grimlock coming out?

I must have that figure.

"Cars and trucks bad!! Car robots worse!!"

JediTricks
01-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Incinerator is out now, I spotted his case-mate (repaint Ironhide) at WM last Friday.

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
I got Landmine in the mail finally. Vehicle mode is decent, I like the suspension and the figure's hands as seats. On mine, the exhaust pipes are glued in but the back bumper isn't, I have heard that from others as well, it stays ok but could get lost down the line.

I think the transformation is very clever, it's like they took the G1 standard car transformation and made it work for the modern design and articulation. There's moving stuff like the engine covers moving in slightly to accommodate the knees, and the rear wheels sliding in to become the articulated feet.

Bot mode is pretty nifty, lots of articulation and poseability. The head though is pretty odd, Bran called it with the Bionicle/catcher's mask comparison, the face beneath doesn't translate for crap, they should have had the mask flip up or something. And the head comes off way too easily. But he does have roller skate feet (yet he stands fine) which is nifty, and his grenade launcher can be left on the car roof so it ends up over his shoulder a la G1. All in all, I think it's a pretty cool figure.

figrin bran
01-17-2008, 12:34 AM
When is the Animated Grimlock coming out?

I must have that figure.

"Cars and trucks bad!! Car robots worse!!"

You're going to have to wait until the summer, I believe, as Hasbro is trying to sell as many movie repaint toys as they can.

El Chuxter
01-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Of course. I forgot that "strike while the iron is hot" holds no meaning for them.

Tycho
01-17-2008, 03:21 AM
I saw several of those "scene packs" with Barricade and Frenzy versus Sam and Mikaela.

Also Long Arm towing a damaged (non-transforming) BumbleBee with Michaela driving him.

There is a soldier pack with the Air Force guys fighting Scorponok, but I haven't seen it.

I'm not down for buying these, but they're fun to look at.

I want a Michael Bay action figure!

Wouldn't it be awesome to pose him directing Megatron? Like during that brilliant scene when Megatron yells, "I AM Megatron!" when he comes unfrozen.

matthewilw
01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Put out 2 cases of new voyagers(wave 1 '08) today. No Incinerator though, ent. earth lists incinerator as being part of wave 5 rev. 1 (Wave 1 R1 '08) so it should be showing up soon. I won an ebay auction for one of those gorgeous black incinerators so I'm not too worried about nabbing the weird white/grey version right away. I almost bought Evac though. I love the new head sculpt and the color scheme, but in person it's just so.....clean. I might get one later when they start to back up the shelves but for now I think I'll just wait for premium Blackout.

Tycho
01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Blackout needs a leader class figure, pronto - before the next movie at least!

He's one of my favorites from the new movie and yet there's no Blackout product that I bought or want to buy, because scale is important to me.

I realize that not even a Leader Class Blackout would really be in scale with my Autobots, but it would be a huge improvement.

Starscream will no doubt get a Leader Class figure for TF2, but BoneCrusher and Blackout both need one now!

Too bad their focus is just on the Animated Series.

There is the repaint of LC Megatron that I'm waiting to evaluate though.

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Put out 2 cases of new voyagers(wave 1 '08) today. No Incinerator though, ent. earth lists incinerator as being part of wave 5 rev. 1 (Wave 1 R1 '08) so it should be showing up soon. I won an ebay auction for one of those gorgeous black incinerators so I'm not too worried about nabbing the weird white/grey version right away. I almost bought Evac though. I love the new head sculpt and the color scheme, but in person it's just so.....clean. I might get one later when they start to back up the shelves but for now I think I'll just wait for premium Blackout.I know of some folks who have Incinerator already, so I am hoping to find him at Target soon (Target just got Nightwatch Prime). The black version I doubt I'd buy simply because of the cost.

Evac I wanted to like, but the way the transformation works doesn't flatter the new head, it looks all hunched over.

figrin bran
01-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I saw EVAC at Target today but it was in a scalper looking dude's hands.

I know Chux would agree with me that the Animated toys, especially the Dinobots, can't come soon enough!

El Chuxter
01-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm not linking due to language and such, but tfw2005.com has a scan from a Japanese catalog (?????) with POSSIBLE confirmation of a Masterpiece Grimlock!

(I say possible since no one seems able to read Japanese, and after ten pages describing various bodily functions that were ruining the members' pants, I got bored.)

I say that in a disparaging way, but it was the first thought that came to my mind as well.

I will totally spare no expense and get that baby into my grubby little paws the minute he's announced. I'll use the money I'm saving on all the carpy Star Wars stuff coming this year.

plasticfetish
01-21-2008, 12:21 AM
Hmmm, Grimlock. That's what the photo looks like to me also. I'll be at the Japanese bookstore tomorrow. I'll dig through the latest magazines to see if there's any news.

El Chuxter
01-21-2008, 12:58 AM
The silhouette is definitely the G1 box art for Grimlock. No one seems to be sure if this is referring to a re-release or Masterpiece Edition, but several people have mentioned that the mold for the original Diaclone used in the G1/G2 Grimlock was apparently lost or damaged beyond usability.

Chaddymac
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Someone also seems to have been able to translate the kanji over the image to read "Masterpiece" while the english text implies that this represents what's coming next. Still, far from conclusive, but intriguing nonetheless.

Chaddymac
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Here's some fun news - Leader class Bulkhead on the way? Earlier release date in UK? See link for deets:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=163943

JediTricks
01-24-2008, 10:43 PM
I've seen a few movie line Evacs now, just ain't doing it for me. If you want, it's Target and WM that have the finds, I can stash if requested (if you're really sure on it, I maybe could pick it up for you Bran, but only you since you're down the street from me).

I picked up Target-exclusive Scout-class Storm Surge (stupid name), the repaint of Cybertron's Short Round - a figure I kinda hated. This repaint goes a long ways towards repairing the damage the original deco did, but the Sector 7 logos on top of the red white & blue paint don't make that much sense (as S7 is pretty stealthy) and the figure still has mold flaws.

figrin bran
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I've seen a few movie line Evacs now, just ain't doing it for me. If you want, it's Target and WM that have the finds, I can stash if requested (if you're really sure on it, I maybe could pick it up for you Bran, but only you since you're down the street from me).

I picked up Target-exclusive Scout-class Storm Surge (stupid name), the repaint of Cybertron's Short Round - a figure I kinda hated. This repaint goes a long ways towards repairing the damage the original deco did, but the Sector 7 logos on top of the red white & blue paint don't make that much sense (as S7 is pretty stealthy) and the figure still has mold flaws.

Awww, thanks JT. However, EVAC just isn't screaming out "must buy" for me.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Excellent choice! He's all hunchbacked IMO, all the photos I've seen lately he looks like his head just doesn't work with that body.

matthewilw
01-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I got my first incinerator today(Black Japan Version) and overall I would say that I abslutely love it. He's definitely a figure that you are either going to love or hate though.

Alt. Mode: Very Solid and well balanced. He isn't a very hefty figure but the weight feels properly proportioned. Pull back on the radar dish and his propellors spin, even in robot mode. The problem with this is it's a loose-catch and doesn't always work. The engines can pivot on the ends of the wings about 160 degrees, although you really only need to move them 90 degrees so it's not a big deal. The only "kibble" that really shows is the arms under the wings attached to the fuselage.

Transformation: Pretty simple. The whole bottom folds down and becomes the legs, fold wings out and down to make arms, push the cockpit down into chest and lock it down into the waist and that's pretty much it. Transformation back to alt. mode can get a little tedious with get all the little tabs on all the panels to line up properly on the bottom.

Robot Mode: Decent pose ability but it's hard to find poses that look good. The head sculpt is alot nicer than I first thought, it doesn't have eyes like the box arts shows, instead it has a clear Jazz visor with light piping. (This is the japanese version, I'm not sure what the US version is like yet.) Head is on a ball joint but the size and shape limits how much it can move. Even in robot mode it's a very solid figure.

I'm expecting 2 of the US version of this guy sometime this week so I'll know exactly what the differences are.

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Sounds good, how do the colors look on that exclusive? Initial pics seemed a tad plain for my tastes.

Tycho
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Guys, check out the Transformers movie thread to discuss the major theme park Transformers ride being constructed (likely at Disney parks).

matthewilw
01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Sounds good, how do the colors look on that exclusive? Initial pics seemed a tad plain for my tastes.

I really like the color scheme. But I'm also a sucker for anything that gets a black repaint. Without seeing the US version in person yet it's hard to compare, but from what I've seen I think the darker shades convey "decepticon" more readily than the grey/white with blue. The purple looks god-awful no matter what, but the blue/black works well. The head is more of a gunmetal and when matched with the clear light piping it looks quite menacing.

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
He's a 'con? I thought he was an Autobot, that makes more sense then.

matthewilw
01-28-2008, 07:02 PM
He's a 'con? I thought he was an Autobot, that makes more sense then.

Here's a link to an ebay auction that has some good photos of the insignias and colors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130190034398&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

JediTricks
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Prototype pictures and details of the first wave of TF:Universe (aka Classics II)...

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/universe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=A795A47F-D56F-E112-48649ACADFB6ADDC

Every one of those looks totally rad, Prowl's alt mode being a Nissan 350z is a great homage to his original 280z alt mode. Tankor looks to be the best triple-changer ever. And the others are equally stunning, I absolutely cannot wait. August is going to be such an awesome month with these and the new SW game... hey, both entries are "TFU"! :D

Tycho
01-29-2008, 06:51 PM
These look really good and are quite tempting!

Powerglide was the first one I really got excited about.

But all of them are cool and interesting.

I didn't collect Classics last time around, but I think these look like they'll definitely be even better.

The first time, Starscream and Rodimus were probably the top toys with less competition from an awkward BumbleBee etc.

This time, all of them look darn good! It remains to be seen if Hasbro will paint these well - or be stupid and use neon colors and make "Octane" (Tanker) purple or something retarded like that.

No one's said anything about there possibly being a Transformers theme park ride at a major attraction like Disneyland. Should I copy the article from the movie thread over here? I think it's an incredible landmark for Transformers fandom to have something as big as like what the Indiana Jones ride has become at Disneyland, but to have life-size animatronic Transformers transforming, is just incredible!

El Chuxter
01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I saw people complaining about Powerglide at tfw2005.com earlier. Now, seeing the picture, I have to assume they were smoking crack. If it were legal, I would marry that figure.

Adam
01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!

Those are all fantastic, even if Powerglide has a weird chest, the rest of him looks killer. I like how they actually have Octankor in a cool pose, rather unusual for pics from Hasbro. It's likely he will have some purple.. since the original did. The year of TFU indeed.

Looking at Onslaught, he still doesn't seem like a combiner, which is dissapointing. He's still awesome though.

matthewilw
01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I got 2 more Incinerators today, both the US version, and the only word I can add to what I said about the Japanese version is "meh"

About the Transformers ride. I wouldn't expect anything to actually transform. Probably something more along the lines of the full-size bumblebee that they built for the movie out of fiberglass that jiggles and shakes more than it actually moves.

Tycho
01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I wonder if the theme park attendees will ride in Ironhide (he's the biggest, as you could put ride seats in the back of his pickup and not have it too corny.)

Putting seats on the back of Optimus Prime would look weird. BumbleBee is too small. Ratchet's possible, but there will be new characters, too.

I see Ironhide being the crowd transport though. Nice ad swing for GMC Truck, too.

But if you've ever been on Indiana Jones' ride, you climb into a safari Jeep-like Humvee thing - I don't think it's modeled after a real vehicle - but pretty close.

With Transformers and their sponsors, it will be a GM vehicle. And like I said, I think Ironhide works for this.

One thing the article said was that Hasbro / Paramount / MICHAEL BAY :thumbsup: were denying certain characters be used as they will not survive all 3 films. :confused:

So BoneCrusher, Blackout, Frenzy, Brawl, or Jazz won't be on the ride, and Barricade's fate is unknown.

It'd be hard to picture Prime, BumbleBee, Megatron, or Starscream not making it to the ride though - even if one or almost all are killed by the end of the 3rd movie (terrible flashbacks from 1986 just crossed my mind as park visitors board Rodimus Prime and he says, "Which way do we go? Which way do we go?")

It's too bad that Blackout couldn't be used for ride attendees though. Universal Studios used to have this E.T. ride that made you feel like you were flying. It was fun going through a tour of the E.T. adventure that way. Blackout could be constructed to seat a good group for a ride-tour. You could go on the ride twice, too - as an Autobot and then a Decepticon!

Anyway, this thing won't open until 2010 or 2011, but you can be sure that if I'm still around I'll be going no matter where it is!

figrin bran
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
That's one super solid lineup for Classics!!! Looks like I'll be buying them all and it looks like most of my TF money will be spent during the latter half of the year.

JediTricks
01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
The first time, Starscream and Rodimus were probably the top toys with less competition from an awkward BumbleBee etc.Starscream was a letdown while Bumblebee was quite snazzy.

This time, all of them look darn good! It remains to be seen if Hasbro will paint these well - or be stupid and use neon colors and make "Octane" (Tanker) purple or something retarded like that.Well, Onslaught's police blue paint doesn't really work for me, but the coloring on this line has been very much about "realism" and they mention that on the Powerglide comment.

No one's said anything about there possibly being a Transformers theme park ride at a major attraction like Disneyland. Should I copy the article from the movie thread over here? I think it's an incredible landmark for Transformers fandom to have something as big as like what the Indiana Jones ride has become at Disneyland, but to have life-size animatronic Transformers transforming, is just incredible!Because it likely won't happen, and if it does it'll suck.

I saw people complaining about Powerglide at tfw2005.com earlier. Now, seeing the picture, I have to assume they were smoking crack. If it were legal, I would marry that figure.TF fans complaining? Noooo, you must be mistaken. :p Yeah, that prototype is ultra-hotness, anybody who hates on that must have self-loathing issues.

Those are all fantastic, even if Powerglide has a weird chest, the rest of him looks killer.I think his chest looks cool, powerful and Gundam-like. But I like that Gundam aesthetic (though not always with TF).

I like how they actually have Octankor in a cool pose, rather unusual for pics from Hasbro. It's likely he will have some purple.. since the original did. The year of TFU indeed."Octankor", awesome. Yeah, that pose was wicked, immediately caught my eye and said "wowee!!!"

Looking at Onslaught, he still doesn't seem like a combiner, which is dissapointing. He's still awesome though.Yeah, I don't think he's a combiner either and that's too bad. But I do dig what they did with the figure itself.

That's one super solid lineup for Classics!!! Looks like I'll be buying them all and it looks like most of my TF money will be spent during the latter half of the year.Totally the same for me!

figrin bran
02-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I finally spotted EVAC and Cliffjumper today and passed on both. The BB design just doesn't work in red unlike other incarnations of BB and CJ.

I'm looking at pics of Animated Starscream as we speak and wishing Hasbro weren't focusing so much on Allspark repaints right now. I'm not even sure about picking up Incinerator at this point. Salvage looks kind of okay but we'll see about that.

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
What is it about Hasbro? Transformers is taking spring and early summer off, while Star Wars is taking late spring and all of summer off.

Tycho
02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
"It's the economy, stupid." ;)

But seriously, I won't miss having more Star Wars to hunt down with rising costs of gas and like 8 or more Queensryche concerts I want to go to, let alone this thing where you fly in World War II fighter planes in simulated combat (since I already did pirate ships the other weekend).

Meanwhile, I'd like to discuss (AGAIN) movie Ironhide's action figure (Voyager Class).

Do you guys like him?

What do you consider a shell-master? Are any of the movie AUTOBOTS shellmasters?

Would it have been cooler if they could have somehow made Ironhide's flatbed open versus covered?

Do you think it's weak that he has a hollow chest and Hasbro just added that thin bar that folds out at 90 degrees to his chest to try and "fill him out?"

Don't you think the original's face could have been painted better so you can see his eyes?

Do you think that Hasbro "underpainted Ironhide," just so they could re-sell the same figure to everyone AGAIN with an upgraded paint job? Was it a planned conspiracy?

JediTricks
02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
I found Stockade at WM, he was mistransformed in package but fine once I freed him (though scratched on the hood). Vehicle mode is ok, though the gray rails on the roof stand out like a sore thumb. Transformation is almost "basic" simplistic, very lazy, the whole top half of the vehicle becomes his arms in a really uncreative manner with the windshields front and back just flipping out to become kibble. Bot mode has a good deco & sculpt, and looks good from a distance, but the arms are in the wrong location and look really bad up close, the articulation is kinda poor and the range of motion is worse. And the gimmick is uninspired. I kinda don't like this figure.

matthewilw
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I found Stockade at WM, I kinda don't like this figure.

I know what you mean. I saw him at a local WM a few days ago and was completely uninspired. I think I'm going to wait and see if a decent redeco comes out. If not then it's just another $10 towards gas.

I put out 2 cases of voyager revision 1 with incinerator on monday and they were both still there today. It worries me that such a cool figure seems to be shelf warming already. It looks like interest in Transformers in dropping dramatically in my area.

JediTricks
02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Honestly, I think this is A) the only deco we're going to get on the Stockade mold; and B) while uninspired, the tightest one we'd ever get. If they went dark red it might work but might come off silly.

Still haven't seen Incinerator yet. But yeah, Hasbro drove TF into the ground by not planning more new product and screwing up the scheduling.

BTW, your sig still says you want that fig. :p

matthewilw
02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Well I recently sold my 1.6L civic for a 5.7L camaro, so every figure I can avoid buying is just that much better for me. If a redeco never comes then I'll just let this one pass by.

As far as my sig. goes it's still accurate. Despite not having any room for the ones I already have, I still feel the need to hoard Incinerators. I just love the alt. mode, plus it fits in so well with my action fleet collection! If you want me to I can easily pick one up for you and ship it. Should be fairly easy to find soon enough considering how little we have left in the line. Either way just let me know.

Tycho
02-08-2008, 01:23 AM
matthewilw: is that Camaro you drive one like BumbleBee?

matthewilw
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
matthewilw: is that Camaro you drive one like BumbleBee?

unfortunately no. I had been looking at a '77 but they were either way overpriced or they just required too much work for the amount of free time I have. The one i got is a '95 Z28 Conv. so as much as I would have liked an older model, I think what I got will suffice :D

Tycho
02-08-2008, 12:57 PM
What color is your car?

yellow = BumbleBee
red = Cliffjumper or Swerve
blue = Tracks (pretend it's a Corvette - both are Chevy's)
silver = Silverstreak
black = Ravage (Alternator)
white = Prowl (but you'll need police accessories)

JediTricks
02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
matthewilw: is that Camaro you drive one like BumbleBee?NOBODY'S IS! That car isn't even out yet! The very first spy pictures of the production model hit the web this week!!! GEEZ!

unfortunately no. I had been looking at a '77 but they were either way overpriced or they just required too much work for the amount of free time I have. The one i got is a '95 Z28 Conv. so as much as I would have liked an older model, I think what I got will suffice :DCool! I kinda like the 4th generation one, I actually like the 3rd generation one as well but since I love KITT, I can never look at the 3rd generation one without thinking it'd be better if it was the Trans Am. :p But the 4th generation Camaro is much nicer than the Pontiac Trans Am counterpart, too bad Chevy let it be the last Camaro for a decade.

I think you made the right choice, they chose the '76 Camaro for Bumblebee in the movie because it was considered the worst Camaro, and the '77 is fairly unchanged from that.

matthewilw
02-08-2008, 11:30 PM
What color is your car?

yellow = BumbleBee
silver = Silverstreak

none of the above. It's a custom color, hard to describe. Kind of a dark blue/green iridescent. If it were a transformer it would definately be an allspark redeco called Senior Winklebottom, and it would transform into a garden gnome, not a robot.

Tycho
02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Oh. My SUV is probably most like G1 Trailbreaker if any Transformer.

Since he wasn't in the movie, it's difficult for me to imagine I'm Michael Bay driving it.

plasticfetish
02-09-2008, 02:01 AM
(That's an awkward conversation to follow.)

'Cause I know we all like looking at magazines (and because a while back I mentioned that I'd take a look), here are some scans of the TF pages from Hyper Hobby magazine for February 2008.

Nothing earth shattering, but still fun to see what's in the Japanese toy mags this month.

DarkArtist
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
What color is your car?

yellow = BumbleBee
silver = Silverstreak

Mine is a Lt Frosted Green Ford Explorer so not sure what is would transform into or what it would be named, for me its name would be Gas Guzzler'

my work car however is white, and an unmarked Ford Crown Vic Police car so in that aspect = Prowl with attitude. and yes it has the undercover flashers as well.

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 06:52 PM
So they chromed Classics Grimlock, that's a funny idea. I'm not sure it works with the mold, but it's got G1 cred.

Haw, the little mini-allspark cubes that come with the Japanese figures are in scale to Microman.

El Chuxter
02-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Not sure what it is, but the black G1 Ironhide looks kinda cool.

Chaddymac
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
It's an exclusive they have there - colored after their movie counterparts. There's a black ironhide and a lime-green Ratchet.

And in answer to your inevitable question, I have no idea what they were thinking when they made "Starburst Battles Ratchet"

matthewilw
02-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Got bored today and figured out how to make stop-motion videos. First idea that came to mind was (of course) Transformers. After a quick test video of MP Optimus giving me the finger I made this one.
Uploaded to youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3BlCbnImo

That one is of Allspark power Landmine. It seemed like one of the easiest ones to start with. I got lost on some of the frames, but let me know what you guys think. I'd like to make an Incinerator one sometime during the week but we'll see.

figrin bran
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Here's Hasbro's press release for Transformers Animated

Hasbro Rolls Out Transformers Animated Details!

By News_Staff on Thursday, February 14, 2008 @ 03:20:30 PM
» send to friend » digg » del.icio.us

PAWTUCKET, R.I., (February 2008) – The TRANSFORMERS brand returns to its origin as an animated series in 2008 with the debut of the new TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series on Cartoon Network. And Hasbro helps kids take the excitement of the new series into the playroom with a full line of great new TRANSFORMERS products.

The new TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED toy line features an array of characters from the series that will appeal to both young and long-time fans alike. Highlights of the line include Animated styled action figures, ROLL OUT COMMAND OPTIMUS PRIME and BATTLE BLASTERS, along with the SHIFT TECH OPTIMUS PRIME handheld game.

Co-produced by Cartoon Network Studios, the new animated series is set in Detroit in the near future and airs on Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. (ET/PT). The good-guy AUTOBOTS have an unlikely guide through Earth society … the brash, energetic 8-year-old girl named Sari Sumdac, who helps the robots establish a headquarters in an old abandoned auto parts plant and becomes an honorary AUTOBOT by enlightening the “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE” on such mysteries of Earth like mega malls, and basic ‘hanging out.’

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED products

Supreme Assortment – Roll out Command Optimus Prime

(Approximate retail price: $49.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Fall)

This imposing action figure is the largest incarnation ever of the AUTOBOT leader OPTIMUS PRIME. Equipped with “Auto-Spin Conversion Technology,” ROLL OUT COMMAND OPTIMUS PRIME begins to morph from vehicle to robot as he rolls along the floor. The AUTOBOT leader comes to life with a moving mouth, sounds, and speech from the cartoon. Also included is a toy replica of the double-bladed power axe seen in the TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series.

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED LEADER assortment

(Approximate retail price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: June 22, 2008 followed by an additional wave in the Fall)

These larger-than-life ROBOTS IN DISGUISE help kids recreate the fun, energy and excitement they experience from watching Transformers: Animated on the Cartoon Network. Featuring a variety of the show’s most exciting characters, the Animated LEADER robot figures have working lights and sounds and morph into cool vehicles. Featured characters in this assortment include Bulkhead, Megatron, and Ultra Magnus.

SHIFT TECH OPTIMUS PRIME GAME

(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 6& up; Available: June 22, 2008)

An interactive TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED gaming experience, this handheld game features multiple levels that allow players to explore the world of the new TV series first-hand. With one fluid motion, players can change the shape of the game controller and instantly go from robot-mode to vehicle-mode on screen or visa versa. The SHIFT TECH OPTIMUS PRIME game features 15 games and a database of key TRANSFORMERS robots from the show.

POWER BOTS ASSORTMENT - CYBER SPEED BUMBLEBEE.

(Approximate retail price: $19.99 ; Ages: 4+; Available: Fall)

Designed to enable easy play for younger fans, CYBER SPEED BUMBLEBEE is a 12-inch robot-only version of fan favorite character, BUMBLEBEE and features robot stomping sounds, battle sounds and phrases! CYBER SPEED BUMBLEBEE stomps and then rolls on his back in one easy step.

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED OPTIMUS PRIME VS. MEGATRON: THE BATTLE BEGINS TWO PACK WITH DVD

(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 5 & Up; Available: June 2008)
Designed to introduce kids to the new world of Transformers: Animated, this two-pack includes OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON figures posed in battle-ready action stances with over-sized weapons. Also included is “The Battle Begins” DVD that allows kids to preview the new cartoon and become familiar with the expanded TRANSFORMERS fantasy.

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED DELUXE and VOYAGER assortments

(Approximate retail price: $9.99 and $19.99 respectively; Ages: 5 & Up; Available: June 22, 2008, with additional waves throughout 2008)
Figures in the TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED DELUXE and VOYAGER assortment feature character conversion that mirrors conversions in the new TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series. Both assortments feature a variety of characters with exciting battle weapons and firing projectiles.

BATTLE BLASTER: Optimus Prime

(Approximate retail price: 34.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Fall)

This next generation of Battle Blasters allows you to bring Optimus Prime to life. A seamless conversion from vehicle mode to signature weapon, BATTLE BLATER OPTIMUS PRIME not only features electronic lights and battle sounds in both vehicle and blaster mode, but it also has speech direct from the animated series.

In addition to the product listed above, HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, alongside more than 230 licensees supporting the TRANSFORMERS brand, continue to launch highly innovative and hip lifestyle goods into the global market in a multitude of product categories including apparel, electronics, publishing, food and beverage, paper products, domestics, health and beauty, and cards/stationery. Additionally, the TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED licensing program is well underway, as HPG is working with more than 50 companies to bring goods to market in 2008

Here's the press release for Universe and the Movie line:

New Transformers Universe & Movie Toys for 2008

By News_Staff on Thursday, February 14, 2008 @ 03:30:00 PM
» send to friend » digg » del.icio.us

PAWTUCKET, R.I., (February 2008) – In 2008, Hasbro will build on the buzz generated by last year’s blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movie by offering a variety of new products in both the TRANSFORMERS Movie and TRANSORMERS Universe segments.

This Spring, fans of the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movie, can find new versions of their favorite big-screen characters as well as all-new characters in the TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ALLSPARK POWER segment. The ALLSPARK POWER theme brings new TRANSFORMERS characters to life and gives existing characters more power for kids of all ages. Also, new assortments include MOVIE SCREEN BATTLES and ALLSPARK BLASTERS that enable kids and fans to relive their favorite scenes from the film again and again.

In the Fall, Hasbro will introduce Transformers Universe, a new “world of” Transformers segment that celebrates the nearly 25-year heritage of the brand. The Universe segment will include new Classics assortments, as well as Robot Heroes. Inspired by the look and spirit of the original figures, the Transformers Universe Classic line features all new, realistically-styled versions of classic TRANSFORMERS characters. Advances in design and technology allow Hasbro to redesign some of the most beloved characters for today’s kids, while giving fans a chance to relive their childhood with the most realistic AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS figures available.

TRANSFORMERS universe products

Universe CLASSICS Deluxe assortmet

(Approximate Retail price: $9.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Fall)

Fans of all ages will enjoy these realistically-styled vehicles and key characters from all parts of the Transformers lore. All figures come with the authentic TRANSFORMERS action that enables them to change from vehicle mode to robot mode, and some include additional features such as firing projectiles.

Universe CLASSICS Ultra assortment

(Approximate Retail price: $26.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Fall)

Only the newly designed ULTRA scale is big enough to hold POWERGLIDE and ONSLAUGHT! Featuring all new molds, lights and sounds in both modes, these Ultra scale figures provide action packed play for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages.

Universe Robot Heroes

(Approximate Retail price: $5.99; Ages: 3 & up; Available: Fall)

ROBOT HEROES also pays tribute to the rich history of the TRANSFOMERS brand. This cute, exaggerated-form style of TRANSFORMERS will highlight favorite characters from various TRANSFORMERS lore including G1 and BEAST WARS. A total of ten 2-packs will be released this Fall.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE products

MOVIE SCREEN BATTLES

(Approximate Retail price: $19.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Now)

Capture memorable moments from the film with the MOVIE SCREEN BATTLES! These movie scene battle packs include everything fans need to recreate the most intense, dramatic scenes from the TRANSFORMERS movie. Each pack includes a fully converting deluxe scale figure and several molded characters that are either human or TRANSFORMERS characters from the live-action movie. The action figures come packaged in battle-ready stances and surrounded by battle scene images from the movie.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DELUXE assortment

(Approximate Retail price: $9.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Now, with additional waves through Spring 2008)

The fun and excitement continue with the 2008 ALLSPARK POWER assortment of deluxe figures based on the TRANSFOMERS Movie. Through an updated new paint scheme, on-screen favorites such as BUMBLEBEE, will have ALLSPARK POWER running through their veins. The assortment also features newly-created TRANSFORMERS characters such as STOCKADE and LANDMINE. All figures come with the authentic TRANSFORMERS action that enables them to change from vehicle mode to robot mode, and some include additional features such as firing projectiles.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE LEADER assortment

(Approximate Retail price: $39.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Now

OPTIMUS PRIME and other popular TRANSFORMERS characters from the movie are represented in these Leader scale figures, which feature lights and sounds in both vehicle AND robot mode. Figures include ALLSPARK POWER versions of NIGHTWATCH OPTIMUS PRIME and DEEP DESERT BRAWL. New premium deco versions of OPTIMUS PRIME, with an all new head and sword sculpt, and MEGATRON, will also be available.

ALLSPARK BLASTER assortment

(Approximate Retail price: $19.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: March 2008)

Finally, electronic blaster play is MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE! The new Ratchet and Bumblebee blasters come with electronic lights and sounds that mimic the conversion from arm to blaster -- just like the characters in the 2007 blockbuster movie. One pull of the trigger and the blasters change from one mode to another, making AUTOBOT-in-training kids ready to battle the DECEPTICONS in a snap.

In addition to the product listed above, HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, alongside more than 230 licensees supporting the TRANSFORMERS brand, continue to launch highly innovative and hip lifestyle goods into the global market in a multitude of product categories including apparel, electronics, publishing, food and beverage, paper products, domestics, health and beauty, and cards/stationery. Additionally, the TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED licensing program is well underway, as HPG is working with more than 50 companies to bring goods to market in 2008

Chaddymac
02-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Cool video, matthewilw. Pretty impressive.

JediTricks
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Got bored today and figured out how to make stop-motion videos. First idea that came to mind was (of course) Transformers. After a quick test video of MP Optimus giving me the finger I made this one.
Uploaded to youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3BlCbnImo

That one is of Allspark power Landmine. It seemed like one of the easiest ones to start with. I got lost on some of the frames, but let me know what you guys think. I'd like to make an Incinerator one sometime during the week but we'll see.Very very cool. The light and color flickering is a little odd and the camera moves around a little and the focus is a little soft, as if it's locked onto the background instead, and the background fabric moves too much, but it's still quite nifty to watch. It cries out for sounds, and for the bot to do a little something at the end for the final payoff, you barely get to see him in full bot mode. Great job starting out! :thumbsup:

Figgy B, you see the TF photo with that animated press release? Leader Prime looks so lame! What's the dealio?

matthewilw
02-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Very very cool. The light and color flickering is a little odd and the camera moves around a little and the focus is a little soft, as if it's locked onto the background instead, and the background fabric moves too much, but it's still quite nifty to watch. It cries out for sounds, and for the bot to do a little something at the end for the final payoff, you barely get to see him in full bot mode. Great job starting out! :thumbsup:

yeah, it was well after dark when I did it and without proper lighting I had to rely on the flash. I'll have to download some better software than what I have for it right now. It's far too simplistic to add sounds or edit it any way. Working on uploading my second attempt now. Not exactly a giant leap in quality, but getting better. Baby Steps.

Done uploading. Tried using Black Incinerator but I didn't realize how hard it is to make out the details on that figure. Next time I'll use the US version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wrOMZC1O0
Still no sound. I tried moving the camera around the figure a little while it was "transforming." I didn't notice that I moved it past the view of my background and made the TV visible. Just in case anyone was wondering, I was playing Forza 2 and taking pictures at the same time. Talent, I know.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 04:20 PM
That one is even better, very nifty. Didn't notice the TV that much, I was paying attention to the fig. :p I like that you gave a good look at the bot mode doing something, gave it more context. Plus, since I don't have this figure yet, it's the first time I've seen it transform. :D When you get a little more into this, try adding radial motion blur to the spinning blade pics to give them an added sense of motion, stop-motion doesn't play well with fast-spinning blades.

Black is unbelievably difficult to photograph, in the movie something like the Batmobile will actually be painted dark purple which appears black in the lens but still shows off its details. That's one of the reasons I've stopped making LEGO sets in all black the way I did as a kid.

matthewilw
02-16-2008, 08:40 PM
I was skimming through the Transformers toy fair coverage on another site, and so far the only new TF products I might buy in the next year will be that deluxe galvatron and probably that ultra powerglide (depending on more photos of th alt. mode). Looks like it will be a fairly slow year for my toy collection. With the lack of promising new titanium vehicles and transformers the only thing I really have to look forward to so far are the new McFarlane Halo figures.

figrin bran
02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Powerglide is awesome!!! It might end up being my favorite from the Classics line, knocking Jetfire off of the top spot.

Tankor should've been a Voyager class, at the very least but oh well. At any rate, I'll be spending a lot of money on Classics, Animated and Robot Heroes. I really want that Animated Slag the same way that many SSG'ers want the AT-TE.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I wish I had time to check that stuff out, been working the Star Wars material Steve shot pretty much all day. He'll have TF coverage at some point soon, I am pretty sure he shot it today as well.

Adam
02-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Classics Prowl is pretty much perfect. I'm pretty much getting all of wave one. I might even get Voyager repaints, but I'm still iffy on them. WHY IS GALVATRON A DELUXE?! DUMB!

The Supreme Roll-Out Command Optimus Prime is all gimmick no figure it seems. The only animated figures I really want at this point are Prowl, Jazz, and Earthmode Leader Megatron. Voyager Prime I'm on the fence.

Tycho
02-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Powerglide looks incredible! Wow! Thank you Hasbro!

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Steve's just uploaded his TF coverage. Animated:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2787

Animated Megatron (Earth) looks darn cool, damnit!
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18421
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18428

That's like 3 figures I want from this Animated line now. Wait, drat, 4! http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18426
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18376

Why is Bulkhead Leader-class wearing Galactus' helmet?
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18420
Oh, he's a "headmaster" even though that's not a robot for a head:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18419

Rats, 5 figures:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18425
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=18389

And Universe:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2788

Everything in there rules. :p

figrin bran
02-17-2008, 02:21 AM
JT, tell Steve that he did a great job with the TF photos!

I haven't seen Grimlock either here or on other sites' coverage so I assume he's not in the first few waves which is disappointing. I thought we saw an unpainted prototype of him, or at least a pic of it, at Comic Con.

That Autobot motorcycle with the Mr. Freeze dome on his head has not appeared on the show yet, nor has Soundwave and yet their toys are coming before Grimlock and Swoop?

I was on the fence about Onslaught but he's vaulted to "must buy" status for me.

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Will do!

Onslaught's more production-level paint works better for me than the garish prototype.

Yeah, they had a shot in the slideshow at SDCC of Grimlock:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=16192

My guess is either the proto wasn't ready enough for TF or they forgot him. Kinda weird though, it's going to be extremely popular.

figrin bran
02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Thanks JT, I thought I remembered seeing photos of that slide. I didn't realize that Grimlock is going to be Voyager class! They've been on model for the most part with the show designs so I know he'll turn out to be an awesome figure.

I really liked the close ups that Steve did of Blackarachnia in spider mode (It's a shame that the robot hands are completely visible though. Couldn't they have designed the hands like Movie Jazz's?). I did look through some of the photos on tformers.com and they're nowhere near Steve's and I'm not just saying that. And apparently, he doesn't even collect Transformers???

JediTricks
02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah, Steve liked the movie but otherwise I don't think he's got any interest in TF at all. I think his decade of experience and a dispassionate approach help him cover everything this way - I probably would have focused 5 shots on a figure's leg or something. :p

As for the hands, I think Hasbro heard enough *****ing about Movie Jazz's lame hands.

figrin bran
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Steve liked the movie .

Don't let Tycho hear about that!

IRC, a lot of the gripes over Movie Jazz's hands came from you :p Still I feel that would've been a better alternative to just having the hands sticking out in Blackarachnia's alt mode.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Do you guys reckon that we'll get the most important Animated figure this year, or have to wait until next? (It being me asking that, I doubt I need to tell you who I'm referring to.)

I dig the show, but he's the only one I plan to buy.

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Don't let Tycho hear about that! Yeah, how did that not come up during SDCC? I guess because Steve was so busy. I remember Steve and I were having a quick lunch between site-reporting craziness I think the day before we all did the lawn lunch, and it came up in conversation - I think I mentioned Tycho dragging me to see it the day before SDCC, Steve goes "you didn't like it?" and I gave him the ultra-quick version of why I didn't, to which he said he did. Well, the cat's out of the bag now, hopefully they can work it out without me in the middle. :p

We saw the prototype slide for Animated Grimlock last July, there's no way in hell we're not getting that figure before Xmas.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Awesome.

Not counting the repaints from G2, I think I have all the "real" Grimlocks (meaning the ones that actually are based on the G1 character).

figrin bran
02-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Do you guys reckon that we'll get the most important Animated figure this year, or have to wait until next?

I didn't know you wanted a figure of Sari! :p

Tycho
02-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Well, the cat's out of the bag now, hopefully they can work it out without me in the middle. :p

No I just talked to Steve and the site is going to be changing it's name to SirStevesGuideToMichaelBayTransformersMovies.com and I'm going to be the head moderator! :D

Any post that I deem disrespectful to Michael Bay will be a cause for immediate suspension from the forums!

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Michael Bay is a dork.

Tycho
02-19-2008, 02:15 AM
I'm going to report your post Chuxter!

That was just plain uncalled for.

plasticfetish
02-19-2008, 02:34 AM
The forums over at michaelbay.com (http://www.michaelbay.com) might need moderators.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Report my post all you want.

Michael Bay remains a dork whether my saying so is deleted or not.

;)

Tycho
02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
See, PlasticFetish just witnessed your personal attack, Chux.

And it IS a personal attack. Michael Bay isn't even here to defend himself!

How fair is that?

You're lucky as I know JediTricks won't do anything about this. He might even pile on. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
02-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Awesome.

Not counting the repaints from G2, I think I have all the "real" Grimlocks (meaning the ones that actually are based on the G1 character).You have this POS? http://www.tfu.info/2004/Autobot/Grimlock/grimlock.htm

Michael Bay is bann'd!

El Chuxter
02-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Forgot that one. I meant to get it, and didn't realize it was so HTF when I saw it.

After more reflection, I don't have the Pretender Classic or Autobot Hero versions. I am one of the few people who actually remembers seeing the Autobot Hero one at K-Mart, though.

matthewilw
02-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I came across all kinds of new TF stuff last night at a local walmart. They set up one of those island shelves near the toys stocked entirely of Movie deluxes. Tons of Jungle Bonecrusher and Overcast. On the isle itself where the remants of some assorted animated stuff and the increasinly easy to find Stockade/ Incinerator/ night watch prime/ deep desert brawl. I find it a little disappointing to find so much *new* product at once and not want to buy any of them. On the plus side for me, the Mcfarlane website lists a release date of march 10th for their new halo line. So at least I'll have something cool to buy over the summer.

JediTricks
02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Haven't seen Incinerator yet. :ermm:

figrin bran
02-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Haven't seen Incinerator yet. :ermm:

Nor have I. But I have seen Rescue Ratchets and Thundercrackers aplenty! :/

JediTricks
02-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah, you'd think there was a huuuuge market here hungering for them or something, rather than the giant nobody out to buy them.

figrin bran
02-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I saw some of the newer Allspark repaints today. Carpus Maximus if you ask me! Desert Brawl is kind of okay but not okay enough to justify a purchase. The Dreadwing repaint is awful and those Walmart exclusive repaints are just hideous, esp. the yellow repaint of the Cybertron Thundercracker/Skywarp mold.

Tycho
02-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Anyone know when that Leader Class Movie Megatron is supposed to ship?

Is it an exclusive? Where at?

JediTricks
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Check out these Cybertron repaints:
http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=875
http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=874
http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=873

Niiice! Big Daddy could have been a little better in bot mode, but I'll still get him because it looks great in alt mode. I might get Jolt too, even though I already have 2 of that mold, those colors look slick - scratch that, I *will* get Jolt, can't go wrong with purple Decepticons.

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 10:44 AM
First the BotCon seekers, and now this (http://www.tfsource.com/stocking-stuffer.html)?

I. Hate. You. Hasbro.

I ****ing hate you.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 04:25 PM
WST are not Hasbro products, just TakaraTomy.

JediTricks
03-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Spotted the Cybertron Repaints at WM tonight, no Big Daddy though. Overall, they're far more underwhelming than I previously thought. I passed on Jolt for now because the purple paint didn't match the purple plastic very well on any of the ones I saw, and I found a SW set to spend my money on instead. I suppose the next time I hit WM and don't find anything, I'll end up buying it though.

Chaddymac
03-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Spotted the Cybertron Repaints at WM tonight, no Big Daddy though. Overall, they're far more underwhelming than I previously thought. I passed on Jolt for now because the purple paint didn't match the purple plastic very well on any of the ones I saw, and I found a SW set to spend my money on instead. I suppose the next time I hit WM and don't find anything, I'll end up buying it though.
The only one that tempts me is Big Daddy, but it's not a very big temptation. Those animated figures can't get here soon enough!!!

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Found a lone Incinerator at TRU Los Feliz tonight. What a dump they've turned that place into.

Anyway, I dunno about this figure, it's a cute gimmick but to be honest, I've seen it before. Alt mode is decent but a tad small for a $20. The coloring is a mild mess, they had too many ideas thrown at this thing and it comes off disjointed, though not especially loud unlike most TF color f'ups.

Transformation is annoying, the instructions are a little vague, parts don't want to release in certain directions, and nearly every single jointed panel or part on the legs pops off in a most unwelcome manner. And then it's simplistic to boot!

Bot mode is alright in some ways, but frustrating in others. There is an ok amount of articulation, but some of it is limited either by design or by the huge backpack. The hand gimmick still works, but there's no actual hands, they're still big rotors. There's a ton of sculpted details, but it kind of goes too far. The build is lean and strong, but the torso is very narrow and is too obviously made up of the backpack. And they made a themed head, but the eye-visor is light-piped clear which looks terrible.

All in all, it's an ok figure but not the robo-god folks have been making him out to be.

figrin bran
03-09-2008, 12:10 AM
I didn't realize that "Slag" is now "Snarl" in Transformers Animated. Let me guess, "Slag" wasn't copyrighted?

Anyhow, Los Feliz TRU had around 6 Incinerators and being a sucker for TF planes (well, except for Movie Screamer, Thundercracker and Dreadwing), I've added him to the collection though I haven't had a chance to open it up yet.

JediTricks
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Everybody seems to agree that it looks like Hasbro lost the Slag name due to lack of use, but I don't think there's been any confirmation.

Can't wait to see what you think of Incinerator.

El Chuxter
03-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I did a trademark search, and it didn't appear Slag had been snatched up. I was under the impression they did the name changes when they lost the rights and someone else got them.

It still showed a Hasbro trademark, which I believe was still active.

It could be nothing more than a wish to not use the name, given that there are only three Dinobots in this version, and "slag" has become a common Transformers semi-swear word.

JediTricks
03-09-2008, 08:54 PM
It doesn't have to be registered, just more recently or actively used than when TF last used it.

El Chuxter
03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
But if Hasbro still had a trademark....

This **** is confusing.

figrin bran
03-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Wouldn't you know it, the day after I find Incinerator at TRU, they have a Sunday ad with all Voyagers for $16.99. I hope TRU does price adjustments.

JT, you asked for my thoughts on this latest acquistion so here they are. I like the alt mode but do wish there wasn't so much ratcheting with the rotors as that really takes away from the fun factor of the trigger that spins the rotors.

As you stated, transformation to bot mode is really, really simplistic. Unfortunately the fixed tail restricts the poseability of the bot. Chalk that one up to the trigger mechanism for the rotors. The clear light piping is also rather strange for a Decepticon.

Overall, it's not a bad figure but could have been much, much better. I'd probably give it something in the B/B- range.

plasticfetish
03-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Everybody seems to agree that it looks like Hasbro lost the Slag name due to lack of use, but I don't think there's been any confirmation.Or they simply gave up on using it when they realized it was British slang for a prostitute. :shocked:

JediTricks
03-10-2008, 03:08 PM
But if Hasbro still had a trademark....

This **** is confusing.As I understand it, if it's not a registered trademark, which it probably wasn't back in the day because that was expensive and seemed pointless at the time, then the trademark goes to whomever can prove they're using it at the time.

Wouldn't you know it, the day after I find Incinerator at TRU, they have a Sunday ad with all Voyagers for $16.99. I hope TRU does price adjustments.They don't. :mad: I'm in the same boat.

JT, you asked for my thoughts on this latest acquistion so here they are. I like the alt mode but do wish there wasn't so much ratcheting with the rotors as that really takes away from the fun factor of the trigger that spins the rotors.Totally agree, no free-spinning, no cool!

As you stated, transformation to bot mode is really, really simplistic. Unfortunately the fixed tail restricts the poseability of the bot. Chalk that one up to the trigger mechanism for the rotors. The clear light piping is also rather strange for a Decepticon.

Overall, it's not a bad figure but could have been much, much better. I'd probably give it something in the B/B- range.Looks like we're on the same page on this, unlike a lot of fans who have been going ape over this guy.

Or they simply gave up on using it when they realized it was British slang for a prostitute. :shocked:Actually, it's not a prostitute, it's a slut, and I kinda doubt they'd drop it over that. "Slag" was a regular word before it was a slang term.

Tycho
03-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I knew I loved Slag for a reason! :love:

figrin bran
03-11-2008, 01:32 AM
This is for Chux!

Animated Grimlock toy in dino mode (http://tformers.net/tfdbg/generated/268/001__scaled_800.jpg)

in robot mode (http://tformers.net/tfdbg/albums/268/003.jpg)

matthewilw
03-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Found a lone Incinerator at TRU Los Feliz tonight.

All in all, it's an ok figure but not the robo-god folks have been making him out to be.

I'm going to assume I've been lumped in with this bunch considering my affinity for that figure. I'll be the first to admit any and all shortcomings for Incinerator. But what I will say is that my glowing praises stem form the japanese black version which has a far better paint job and much tighter joints (the "knee" pieces lock into place and don't move when in robot mode.)
I'll also say that while I do enjoy transformers very much, I mostly buy them for the alt. modes. I'm a very big vehicle person, so I buy transformers mostly based on how cool of a vehicle they are and it's playability. The robot modes are just a plus for me. Out of everything wrong with incinerator there are really only two things I would love for it to to have: 1. free spinning rotors (I'm fixing this one myself by trying to make the props electronic) and 2. an opening cargo bay. As a transformer, he's decent; but as a V-22 Osprey toy, he's awesome.

JediTricks
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I actually mean the TF community overall. Dave Van Domelen gave it incredibly high marks.

None of my major issues with this one are from the colors.

I am very alt-mode themed as well, though the robots matter to me almost as much. On Incinerator, it's weird but everybody including myself seems to not notice or just not care that the robot upper arms are total bot-mode kibble in vehicle mode, they're getting away with murder on that one. :p

Tycho
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
I have Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Jazz in their movie robot modes on my desk right now. They're all posed "extreme" like they're fighting. They look really cool.

I plan to bring over Leader Class Optimus, but I like the way my display looks right now.

I was eventually going to transform them all into vehicle mode and store them, but I like admiring the action figures for the time being. They're good figures.

Anyway, if I ever tire of the Autobots, when I put them away, I'll bring over my limited Decepticons: Leader Class Brawl, Barricade and Frenzy, Scorponok. Very soon I hope to add the new repaint of Leader Class Megatron if it's any good. Hard to say. The nightwatch Optimus Prime is choking up the shelves in stores. It's not a very popular repaint, so it might be a while until new cases of LC ship. "Desert Camaouflage Brawl" seems to sell though. The stores are just always left with Prime.

I don't think he looks bad, but it's not the right colors for the character - that's why I don't want one either.

orionlukteel
03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I actually mean the TF community overall. Dave Van Domelen gave it incredibly high marks.

Wow - you just out-usenet-old-farted me by mentioning Dave. lol I haven't seen his name in about 14 years, which should be a huge hint that I haven't been a part of the TF community since then.

Honestly, I'd probably pick up Incinerator if it weren't for the contrast colors. Yeah, I get why they painted it that way, but they should really replace the colorblind designer.:thumbsup:

I like the Target exclusives out now, haven't picked any up yet but might soon.

And for those of you who were holding out on Night Watch Prime, Target has their Leader Class figs on sale.

figrin bran
03-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Back to Incinerator, they really didn't do their homework on the V-22 Osprey as the rotors can fold up. That would've been perfect for claws, which although not as good as hands would still be better than rotor hands.

JediTricks
03-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Wow - you just out-usenet-old-farted me by mentioning Dave. lol I haven't seen his name in about 14 years, which should be a huge hint that I haven't been a part of the TF community since then. Heh heh, old skul! Yeah, he's got a very usenet-themed page that's been going strong for years: http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/

Honestly, I'd probably pick up Incinerator if it weren't for the contrast colors. Yeah, I get why they painted it that way, but they should really replace the colorblind designer.:thumbsup:The only color that is unwelcome is the allspark-power blue which overwhelms.

So, among Target's sale items for TF this week is First Strike Optimus Prime, and I caved in and got him. TRU's sale price on Voyagers is nearly a buck less, but they don't have this guy. Mine had horrible QC though, several panels are hinged too close and don't finish location, the right shoulder won't lock down, and the automorph side panel on one of the legs had its friction pin fly right off the set, causing the spring to pop out. I was able to track both down and reassemble the whole thing actually (and the friction pin is still working, dunno what's up with that), but that's just unacceptable in the first place.

He's got G1 cred, I don't think the flames look would have worked here, this is a sleeker version of the truck, a little sportier, and the flames are more "tough". The alt mode has a little undercarriage floppiness but is basically decent, the driver gimmick is keen.

Transformation is a little annoying in that parts start going floppy from the get-go thanks partly to design and partly to automorph. Only after the legs are figured out does stuff get clever, and even then it's just cleverly hiding its myriad of cheats.

Robot mode is decent, provided you like red... lots and lots of red. There's more red than the G1 figure. There's a lot of silver too though which balances the look, and some dark blue and allspark-power blue for the "windows" and little accents, it actually looks quite good here. The eyes are possibly the best light-piping ever, they pick up light from everywhere and a bright source makes them look alive. Articulation is good except for the lack of ankles and waist; the mid-thigh swivel is very cleverly-hidden. The weapons are pretty keen, they fire missiles without looking silly for it, and they peg onto the backpack.

I don't really like the hand design, the backpack is pure shell, the head's plate doesn't lock down, and the way the legs form doesn't always stay together well. The figure leans slightly back due to the huge backpack, and attaching the weapons makes him kip back.

All in all, mixed results but mostly good enough, nowhere near as cool as Leader Prime though.

orionlukteel
03-13-2008, 12:05 AM
The only color that is unwelcome is the allspark-power blue which overwhelms.

You are correct - I had the right alt, wrong name. I was applying Evac's colors to Incinerator's alt mode, hence the comment. It didn't occur to me until I saw the two on the shelf tonight - naturally, after I posted in error. Ain't that a stinker? :D

Chaddymac
03-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm late to the conversation, but I'm willing to bet they decided against the NAME "Slag" because they probably want to start using the Transformers slang "Slag" in the TV show, and that would've gotten confusing.

I'm okay with it, if that's the explanation. It's a good show.

JediTricks
03-13-2008, 02:14 PM
You are correct - I had the right alt, wrong name. I was applying Evac's colors to Incinerator's alt mode, hence the comment. It didn't occur to me until I saw the two on the shelf tonight - naturally, after I posted in error. Ain't that a stinker? :DYeah, you are. ;) Evac's orange and white and black is thematically accurate, but loudly done, and adding blue to bot mode only hurts more. But that's not Incinerator's fault. :p

I'm late to the conversation, but I'm willing to bet they decided against the NAME "Slag" because they probably want to start using the Transformers slang "Slag" in the TV show, and that would've gotten confusing.

I'm okay with it, if that's the explanation. It's a good show.They've only used "Slag" for 1 figure, the G1 figure and the G2 repaint in '93. My guess is they just don't like the name, they've certainly had other opportunities to use it. You're right that "slag!" is a slang term to them and it might be confusing though.

--

In comparing my First Strike Prime to pictures of Robovision Prime, I'd say this FSOP is the superior paint job for the bot, the darker blue helps the eyes "pop", and the chest looks less plasticky and monotone than that version thanks to added paint apps. Also, the color scheme here is more consistent, the blues and reds work together where on Robovision they work against each other heavily.

On my First Strike Prime, I got the right shoulder to lock into place finally, it was a stiff tab, the QC still blew it on the larger panel not laying flat there though.

jedi master sal
03-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Whoo-hoo! Finally getting a Moutain Dew Robot!

Here's the one from the movie:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Dispensor

Here's the Robot Hero (still hoping for a deluxe version though):
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Ironhide-Dispensor-1.jpg
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Ironhide-Dispensor.jpg

Also with that two pack of Ironhide and Dispensor, there are three more new 2-packs:
Optimus Prime vs Barricade:
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Optimus-Prime-Barricade-1.jpg
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Optimus-Prime-Barricade.jpg
Allspark Power Bumblebee vs Starscream:
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Bumblebee-VS-Starscream-1.jpg
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Bumblebee-VS-Starscream.jpg
Battle Jazz vs Megatron:
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Jazz-VS-Megatron-1.jpg
http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1201654593_Transformers-Heroes-Jazz-VS-Megatron.jpg

-Sal

Tycho
03-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I've got it! RC Cola can fight the Dewbot (Dispensor).

She will be Arcee's new movie form: a pink soda vending machine!

But it's cool to see the Dewbot get some love - and a name!

jedi master sal
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM

Yeah, I'm glad it's being made, but I REALLY want it as a deluxe or voyager class figure.

Val Da Car
03-17-2008, 04:11 PM

I thought Arcee would be armed with a Tab Energy Drink dispenser.

figrin bran
03-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Supposedly the Transformers Animated toys will be up for preorder on HTS next week.

The aforementioned Robot Heroes pack with Dispensor is up for preorder right now.

jedi master sal
03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Supposedly the Transformers Animated toys will be up for preorder on HTS next week.

The aforementioned Robot Heroes pack with Dispensor is up for preorder right now.

I had the new robot heroes wave in my HTS cart, but then thought better of it. These all have been easy to find, so no need to rush them. And they are cheaper at retail, so I'll just wait these out.

figrin bran
03-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I had the new robot heroes wave in my HTS cart, but then thought better of it. These all have been easy to find, so no need to rush them. And they are cheaper at retail, so I'll just wait these out.

Sal, would 10% off plus free shipping change your mind? Use the "RE10FR" code. I just wish they'd lift the limit on Kashykk Troopers and then I could get the rest that I need with that coupon code.

jedi master sal
03-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Sal, would 10% off plus free shipping change your mind? Use the "RE10FR" code. I just wish they'd lift the limit on Kashykk Troopers and then I could get the rest that I need with that coupon code.

Yeah, I got the notice of the code too. But don't you have to buy $50 worth of stuff first for the code to work?

Heh, you and me both on the Kashyyyk troopers. You'd think by now they'd know to have more troopers from a wave in.

If they would make the limit say 10, I'd be good to go. I'd have placed 4 orders as such and been done with them instead of still scrambling to reach my goal for my LAST big army builder.

Well, I suppose I need to make a stop on HTS later. If those robot heroes are still there, I'll get them plus another Kashyyyk trooper.

figrin bran
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I got the notice of the code too. But don't you have to buy $50 worth of stuff first for the code to work?

Heh, you and me both on the Kashyyyk troopers. You'd think by now they'd know to have more troopers from a wave in.

If they would make the limit say 10, I'd be good to go. I'd have placed 4 orders as such and been done with them instead of still scrambling to reach my goal for my LAST big army builder.

Well, I suppose I need to make a stop on HTS later. If those robot heroes are still there, I'll get them plus another Kashyyyk trooper.

Actually, the code I posted doesn't have a $50 limit. There is another one, SPRCAT8, that does require the $50 minimum.

jedi master sal
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Actually, the code I posted doesn't have a $50 limit. There is another one, SPRCAT8, that does require the $50 minimum.

Okay, I went ahead and ordered them. Got a Kashyyyk trooper as well and some Marvel Heroes.

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Animated Grimlock in box (http://tformers.net/tfdbg/albums/268/001.jpg)

toy robots - GOOD!!!! toy company that make us wait long for toy robots - BAD!!!

El Chuxter
04-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Delay for figure, bad! Action feature, worse!

matthewilw
04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Looks like the Animated toys went up for preorder on HTS finally.

http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&prevpage=ps_results&keyword=transformers+animated

Tycho
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
My toy-hook-up-connection-friend called me this morning. It looks like the "new and improved with more evil" Megatron repaint came in. (LC movie figure)

I just am not motivated to go and pick it up. I guess I'll go over there, but wasting the gas doesn't appeal to me. Is this an exclusive or will it ship to a closer store?

figrin bran
04-04-2008, 10:48 AM
My toy-hook-up-connection-friend called me this morning. It looks like the "new and improved with more evil" Megatron repaint came in. (LC movie figure)

I just am not motivated to go and pick it up. I guess I'll go over there, but wasting the gas doesn't appeal to me. Is this an exclusive or will it ship to a closer store?

That's probably one of the Target exclusives though I could be wrong as I'm not paying much attention to the movie line any longer.

Adam
04-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Coverage of the Australian Toy Fair-thingy, reveal of TFU Ultra Silverbolt!

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=862

I hate Hasbro for making a new G1 Silverbolt and probably not making him a combiner, and I love Hasbro for making a new G1 Silverbolt in the first place. :laugh:

Tycho
04-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Figrin: the "darker side" repaint of Megatron is wave 3, regular assortment, all stores, Leader Class. I just found out.

He ships with the repainted improvement Optimus Prime (regular movie deco).

Silverbolt was always cool. I'll have to find a picture as I'm curious. I like Autobot jets in general.

JediTricks
04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
That Silverbolt pic looks like it's back to blocks-under-planes as usual for Hasbro. What happened? For a while we were getting away from that, then Classics Starscream returned us in full force and we've been stuck there ever since.

Adam
04-05-2008, 12:25 AM
That Silverbolt pic looks like it's back to blocks-under-planes as usual for Hasbro. What happened? For a while we were getting away from that, then Classics Starscream returned us in full force and we've been stuck there ever since.

Is Powerglide like this? I must confess, he is the figure I've paid the least amount of attention to.

figrin bran
04-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Bear in mind that the Silverbolt pic is of a cardboard mockup. I'm sure the actual version will be better. At the very least it'll be 3-D :p

I already have Cybertron Soundwave and so Blaster is a definite pass for me. To this day, I'm still not sure if I transform that SW correctly.

I just wish all the movie toys would get clearanced out for Universe and Animated. It would be nice to see new waves of Robot Heroes as well.

El Chuxter
04-05-2008, 12:17 PM
OOOOOOOOOH, SHNAP!!! This is Blaster blasting at ya!!

G1 Blaster, even if he appears to be in Cybertron mode? YESSS!!!

JT, only a Doombot could hate that Silverbolt figure.

Tycho
04-05-2008, 01:32 PM
I got Leader Class Megatron finally (the premium format repaint). He looks alright. They still could have done better with painting his face and the lightpipe for his eyes doesn't seem that great (but he's still in his box).

I'll review him later when I open him.

Silverbolt looks alright. It's hard to tell from a mocked-up boxed image. I guess that's what everyone's looking at.

If I buy anything that's not movie-line, Masterpiece, or Alt, it might be the Classics Powerglide.

Incinerator keeps tempting me though.

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Is Powerglide like this? I must confess, he is the figure I've paid the least amount of attention to.Thankfully, I don't believe so. I had forgotten to take that one into account, they've never gotten the A-10 seriously wrong in this respect though.

JT, only a Doombot could hate that Silverbolt figure.Only a Toyhack could appreciate that Silverbolt figure so heavily based on a flat picture showing a shoddy alt mode like that. I'm surprised you're not complaining that he's not a Combiner leader the same way Onslaught won't be.

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Touche.

I'm betting money you buy it anyway, though, and tell us how lousy it is. :p

Adam
04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I already have Cybertron Soundwave and so Blaster is a definite pass for me. To this day, I'm still not sure if I transform that SW correctly.

On paper, the idea sounded bad to me, but I just really like the way the figure looked from Toy Fair pics. I am wondering if these are going to be the only two, or will the voyager class just be all repaints. If it is, I hope they throw in a good repaint of Cybertron Evac. That is a snazzy figure.

Tycho
04-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what to do with Leader Class Megatron's back half of his jet mode and his legs and feet, in that regard.

Part of it might be that I really don't care that much.

I mess with him a little bit each evening. He's on my nightstand. So far it's been 2 nights and I haven't really got him turned into a jet.

The instructions aren't clear, and I'm looking at them in dim lights by the time I get around to it as well.

Oh well. Like I said, I really don't care too much.

The Premium Format repaint makes the classic cartoon transforming noise, btw.

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't know if I'll get him, depends on how he turns out.

Oh, my claim of "never messed up an A-10" is wrong, Cybertron Wingsaber had some brickiness to him.

Adam
04-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Hey JT, I may have asked you this awhile back but am fairly sure I had not. I remember you said something sometime ago about seeing if we could get a Transformers Q/A like the Star Wars (and now G.I. Joe) line gets. Whatever happened to that?

Tycho
04-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I just got Wingblade today. I don't know if I'm going to keep him, but it looks that way.

He's a Warthog - a plane I love - and he's probably the repaint of Powerglide.

He's big and an Autobot air power! That's awesome right there.

I haven't opened him yet, as I'm going to explore several Transformers sites and look at pictures of Powerglide and see which paint scheme I want, or whatever other differences there may be.

Wingblade shoots missiles! That's sweet!

The size is good too. He's much larger than Voyager Blackout who I wouldn't buy because of the size problem.

I'd much rather have any aircraft in a supreme class size, but this guy is pretty awesome.

JediTricks
04-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey JT, I may have asked you this awhile back but am fairly sure I had not. I remember you said something sometime ago about seeing if we could get a Transformers Q/A like the Star Wars (and now G.I. Joe) line gets. Whatever happened to that?They showed no interest, completely shined it.

Tycho
04-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Looking at the ToyFair pictures, I discovered that Powerglide and Wingblade are totally different molds, different transformations. Wow!

I am very inclined to keep Wingblade now and I'll be doing so (unopened) at least until I find Powerglide at retail and check out his size in comparison to other Transformers.

Wingblade is listed on his box as Ultra Class. This corresponds with Tycho's Class.

Chaddymac
04-13-2008, 06:27 PM
I haven't bought a transformer since Christmas. This wait is ABOMINABLE. Why on earth are Cincinnati and Ontario getting the Animated toys before I do? Doesn't Hasbro know who I AM?!?!? Just bring on Animated and Classics 2.0. I mean, Hasbro. Seriously.

Adam
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
They showed no interest, completely shined it.

Wow, Aaron Archer, jerk-face? That's dissapointing.

Tycho, your whole Wingblade-Powerglide thing was confusing me untill you clarified you thought they were the same toy. Wingblade is a repaint of Wingsaber (America) AKA Sonic Bomber (Japan).

http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/toys/Sonicbomber01.htm

Tycho
04-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Thank you Adam. Your pictures clear it up. I love Wingblade's paint scheme.

I'm pretty sure he's a keeper.

Uh-oh. I just got word from TFW2005's boards that Powerglide will also be an ultra.

Which to keep, huh? It's looking like BOTH.

You know what that would make me? A stupid sucker for buying these extra toys I swore I wouldn't!

I thought I had so much more resistance than everyone else. Now they are tempting me with this? Hasbro is evil!

figrin bran
04-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I thought I had so much more resistance than everyone else. Now they are tempting me with this? Hasbro is evil!

hahaha! now who's "sophisticated"? :p

matthewilw
04-14-2008, 05:19 AM
For anyone who is still interested in the movie line. I found Premium Ironhide and Blackout this morning and although I couldn't justify buying either of them, I actually really like Blackout.

Long story made short. If I didn't already have blackout, or if this mold was at least fairly sturdy in alt. then I would definately buy this one.

IronHide is a steaming pile in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of this toy to begin with as I was very disappointed with the initial release and it's instantly loose leg joints and broken automorph "feature." Offroad IronHide was okay to me because the paint was completely different from the movie scheme, but this one just makes the initial release worse. Giant GMC sticker on the tailgate? No thanks.

On a side note, I think I have decided to only buy voyager class or higher transformers from now on, and even then only air vehicles. I hate the animated stuff, but I'm actually looking forward to lugnut, and starscreams alt. mode is growing on me. I'm looking forward to adding about 6 new transformers voyager+ planes to the fleet by the end of the summer.

Tycho
04-14-2008, 10:40 AM
You have to give props to Deluxe BumbleBee. He is a top-notch Transformer and I used to only buy Alts and Masterpieces and I can still say that about the little yellow Camaro.

Barricade would have been better if they could have also included a blaster or his blade weapons. Empty-handed, he's sort of weak. I consider Frenzy to be another character, not a substitute for a weapon.

Scorponok is a non-transforming drone in my "play pattern." In fact, the only reason Hasbro made him transformable was to keep with the product theme. He's cool just as a drone, but nothing to celebrate.

I did not buy BoneCrusher or Brawl, as they were way out of scale - which is really important to me. Instead I got the Leader Class Brawl, and yearn for BoneCrusher to be made in that size (though after Blackout. Starscream is a sure bet for TF2 anyway, though it will be nice to finally get him).

Oh. Jazz is alright, though I wish he had better hands and more solid arms, plus it would've been nice if he could carry his weapon on him in car mode, sort of like how BumbleBee manages to store his.

JediTricks
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Deluxe has always been Hasbro's strongest class in general, but they have gotten better in the last few years with Voyager and Leader classes. I would never ditch Deluxe class though, that's where the most good stuff happens IMO.

matthewilw
04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm still going to buy a few figures outside of the voyager class but unless they are cars or small vehicles I will probably pass.

Adam
04-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Thank you Adam. Your pictures clear it up. I love Wingblade's paint scheme.

I'm pretty sure he's a keeper.

Uh-oh. I just got word from TFW2005's boards that Powerglide will also be an ultra.

Which to keep, huh? It's looking like BOTH.

You know what that would make me? A stupid sucker for buying these extra toys I swore I wouldn't!

Wingblade is OK. I prefer the original, and I have sort of have two Wingsabers, the regular US release and a Japanese TRU exclusive with chrome on the chest plate. I'm running out of space as is, so I think I'm good. :P

LOOK MORE REPAINTS
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=4EC7EA7D-D56F-E112-46AC70D02754072E

I kinda like "Inferno"-Alert in those colors, but I have three of those already.. although that color scheme is nicer than that Sam's Club exclusive. Must resist. Mudflap's not bad, but not great.

JediTricks
04-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Man, Hasbro just cannot get their act together, they've so badly mangled their shipping schedules with both SW and TF that these repaints count as anything other than an embarrassment. Personally, I'm not even remotely interested, I have all these figures in their original colors (except for Armada Red Alert, that figure never called to me).

figrin bran
04-18-2008, 12:48 AM
I actually like the Target exclusive Bumblebee with the blue markings better than the original so I ended up buying one. Barricade with blue markings isn't bad either but I didn't really like the original figure so I passed.

Now if only HTS would put up Animated Blackarachnia and Ratchet for preorder, I won't have to worry about hunting down TF's for quite some time.

jedi master sal
04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I actually like the Target exclusive Bumblebee with the blue markings better than the original so I ended up buying one. Barricade with blue markings isn't bad either but I didn't really like the original figure so I passed.

Now if only HTS would put up Animated Blackarachnia and Ratchet for preorder, I won't have to worry about hunting down TF's for quite some time.

I almost got all three (Bumblebee, Barricade, Jazz), but just couldn't bring myself to buying them all over again just for a paint change. Though they do look awesome in the round packaging.

Tycho
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Of all the paint changes, I'd like Ironhide the most, because you can see his eyes. (Premium format, not "off-road").

But yeah, I'm not buying repaints of what I already have.

What I want now, mostly doesn't exist:

Leader Class Starscream
Leader Class Blackout
Leader Class Bonecrusher

Supreme Class Powerglide (or whatever class he will be on par with Wingblade)

Then I'll wait for the TF2 toys, except I want a

Super-Articulated Michael Bay Action Figure to direct the Transformers

He should come with a bullhorn, directors chair, sunglasses, and softgoods Autobot / Decepticon reversible shirt. Maybe a CommTech chip action figure stand that says "OK. Cut! That was awesome!"

This would be awesome!

figrin bran
04-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Of all the paint changes, I'd like Ironhide the most, because you can see his eyes. (Premium format, not "off-road").

But yeah, I'm not buying repaints of what I already have.

What I want now, mostly doesn't exist:

Leader Class Starscream
Leader Class Blackout
Leader Class Bonecrusher

Supreme Class Powerglide (or whatever class he will be on par with Wingblade)

Then I'll wait for the TF2 toys, except I want a

Super-Articulated Michael Bay Action Figure to direct the Transformers

He should come with a bullhorn, directors chair, sunglasses, and softgoods Autobot / Decepticon reversible shirt. Maybe a CommTech chip action figure stand that says "OK. Cut! That was awesome!"

This would be awesome!

In that case, you'll just have to listen to the rest of us talk endlessly about how great Classics 2.0 and Animated are for the next few years :p

Tycho
04-20-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm Thinking About Returning WINGBLADE

At 3:30am this morning, I had a relevation.

Wingblade is sitting on my nightstand and I haven't yet opened him.

He's not a G1 character I was a 20 year fan of or anything.

I bought him because I think Warthog planes are Michael-Bay-Awesome and I'm nostalgic for Powerglide (and always wished he'd had another G1 figure besides a minibot).

I've been considering writing a letter to Michael Bay asking him to include Powerglide in TF2. If MB want's a very large Autobot, Powerglide would be great since MB doesn't like to do size changes, and a Warthog would turn into a very large robot - plus give the Autobots some airpower.

Actually, posting on MB's forums might stir the pot, but I don't feel worthy of disrupting genius like that.

Anyway, back to Wingblade.

I was studying him in his packaging and the pictures of his "bot" on the back of the box. He doesn't look to transform much at all. His arms fold down and his head is in the nosecone which just slides back. \

His legs look to be the only thing that really need to be radically moved, and part of that's just the Warthog's engine fans being rotated 90 degrees and then the legs are there and you just fold the tail up.

I think part of Transformers appeal for me is complex transformations that took creativity to design and engineer. You'd think that because a figure might be bigger, like Wingblade, he'd be engineered better because they'd have more size and mass to work with (G1 Galvatron should have been a lesson to me years ago...:rolleyes: )

But between Wingblade not being a character (I was sort of going to pretend he was Powerglide anyway - Wingblade's colors are better - that being more realistic like a real Warthog) and him having a potentially weak transformation, I might come to the conclusion that I should return him.

He's unopened and the receipt is right here on my desk and less than 7 days old (I don't even have to decide this immediately - I have at least until May 14 or later by the priviledges granted in the return policy).

But btw: Wingblade's head / face remind me of G1 Springer. Doesn't he? (The Autobot Springer - the tripple changer - not Jerry the talkshow host).

So this dilemma has me up at what's now 4:16 in the morning. Should I return Wingblade or keep him?

figrin bran
04-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Keep the Wingblade!!!

I had problems with my Target Allspark Bumblebee w. blue markings as for some reason the hood panels get stuck during transformation and I can't straighten them for fear of breakage. The automorph mechanisms don't seem to work as well as on my regular BB so I guess I'll have to go Tycho style on this one and keep it in bot mode :p

Tycho
04-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Keep the Wingblade!!!

Why? (No. I'm serious. I'd like to get people's opinions for-and-against keeping him / returning him).

JediTricks
04-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Wingblade isn't your style, I don't see a reason to keep him, especially since one of his features is he becomes a weapons system backpack for Cybertron Optimus Prime, whom you don't have. It's not a bad figure, but it's definitely not what you're looking for.

Adam
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
I agree with JT, half of his existence is to be an accesory to another figure, which is probably why his transformation isn't very intricate.

That being said, I do like him and I have two versions of the Cybertron version with very little difference between them. (One is shinier)

Tycho
04-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Update on my on-going saga with Wingblade:

I took him back to Toys R Us. With my receipt. And I noted they actually have a 90 (ninety) Day return policy with receipt over there.

So....

I didn't return him and took him home with me again. :rolleyes:

This is after I brought my friend Justin along with me for morale support, in case I'd go through withdrawals, missing Wingblade after I returned him.

I bought Justin lunch for putting up with me on this.

Prior to that, I had no less than 2 employees engaged with me at the Customer Service counter in TRU, concerning my return.

They asked why I was returning him. If it was that I needed the money? (No) I made a half-effort to explain I didn't want toys to overrun my space. (They didn't buy that and said he's a plane, I can hang him and make-believe he's flying.)

Then I pointed out he wasn't a G1 character. Both agents were fans and agreed with me there.

I said, "but his head does look like a G1 character, sort of." The guy at customer service must have been a True-Fan because he asked, "Springer?" Yup. That's who he looks like!

Then I said the transformation was sort of weak. Both employees (the other was a girl who'd apparently played with some - she bought the Alternators she'd explained) agreed with me about his transformation being weak. It is. We studied the back of the box and looking at the actual toy (in his packaging) and we could basically figure out how to transform him.

The thing is, Powerglide (the actual character coming out for Classics 2) is not sculpted or engineered that much better. His colors are more G1, but "fake" too. I discussed pretending that Wingblade was Powerglide with the employees (while Justin was getting really hungry and probably sorry that he came - he collects like SideShow and Medicom stuff, but wanted some Premium Format Transformers to suit his fancy, but TRU didn't have 'em).

So the employees said they could print me a new receipt in which they typed in "Powerglide" as the item description if I thought that would help. I said it wasn't necessary and that I could first try smoking some marajuana to see if I could then convince myself that Wingblade was Powerglide. (This would be for medicinal purposes only, as you can tell by my dilemma thus far that I am suffering from a paralyzing psychosis that strikes me when I walk into Toys R Us.)

So Wingblade, still boxed, is back on my nightstand, with my receipt, and my personal phone book for use in helping me locate the appropriate drug dealer.

Adam
04-25-2008, 11:38 AM
You sir, are crazy! Funny story though.

Looks as if I'm getting my Evac repaint.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=2056157#post2056157

Adam
04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Lot's o news from botcon poring in. Looks like Target is getting an exclusive Springer Repaint from Cybetron Evac in addition to Blades! So I will get them in two flavors, as I am a sucker for that mold.

Hasbro Animated Pics for 4/26(Swoop,Sentinel Prime, Elite Guard BB, *Ultra Magnus* <- HOT!) http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=86A50CAA-D56F-E112-4758BA5C4174E96F

TFU 4/26(OMGIRONHIDEBLUESTREAK!!!!!!11):http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=8B3A8363-D56F-E112-4DCE4A995C59944E

Here is the panel report. http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=9351

Off the top of my head, I was excited by Titaniun WW Prowl/Grimlock seeing release finally at TRU. One interesting comment that I had been hoping for awhile and glad is true is that Universe will be an on going thing and they wish to do more then G1 with it. A BW Cheetor is coming for starters. My hopes for a new Armada Hot Shot have once again arisen! :P TFU Deluxe Hound w/Ravage! One strange thing on tformers is "Optimus vs Megatron ala RID" not sure about that one. Hasbro MP Thundercracker is on the short list. (Takara also CONFIRMED MP GRIMLOCK) A funny comment was Aaron Archer saying he had to get MP Starscream off of ebay because he couldn't find it in the store, so they are very aware of some distribution problems. Probably most important : They are talking about doing TF Q&A with fan sites like they do now with Star Wars and other lines.

I gotta say, some of the repaints are looking slick. The Mirage and Cybertron Red-Alert redeco's are very nice. Roadblock is kinda ugly, but G1 accurate so points there I guess.

Tycho
04-26-2008, 10:46 PM
I have to admit: THAT is the way you make Ironhide! (Sweet!) and Silverstreak looks great.

Disclaimer from above: (just in case anyone doesn't know me really well on these boards by now) - I've never used illegal drugs, but like the Harold & Kumar movies, certain substances lend more humor to stories. But it was getting funny when in real life, the employees offered to print me a new receipt with Powerglide's name on it so I could sell myself an illusion.

Want an even better idea for an Illusion? Get them to alter a 1985 receipt for Seaspray at $3.99 and have it read Omega Supreme.

figrin bran
04-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Either Tycho is making all of that up or your TRU employees are a million times more sophisticated than the LA area ones. JT can vouch for me on that one!

There's far too much to comment on from that panel...I'd actually want a Sari figure from Animated so it's good that someone asked. Animated Blitzwing is really disappointing and I might end up passing on it - the tank threads shouldn't be visible at all in jet mode. However, Sentinel Prime, Ultra Magnus and Swoop more than make up for Blitzwing.

I'm not pleased about this Acid Storm seeker repaint. Why not just make him Thundercracker and even give him a different shade of blue than the BotCon exclusive?

Adam
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Why not just make him Thundercracker and even give him a different shade of blue than the BotCon exclusive?

Hasbro's like that with exclusives for Transformers, they won't re-release an exclusive like that. Our only hope is for the TCC to get their arses in gear and order some more. I'm 100% positive they would sell out a second full order of them, with them going for $75 bucks on ebay. I take it back, there is a NEW hope! (Tee-hee!) Takara could very well release the botcon seekers with paint apps to distinguish them. I will gladly import these for $20ish bucks a peice over $75 for the botcon ones. I anticipate using BBTS pile of loot for those guys if they happen.

I too am dissapointed by Blitzwing. I lub Ultra Magnus though.

I getting super-psyched about the new TFU. Thats going to be an expensive month with the Falcon and AT-TE coming out too.

El Chuxter
04-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Titanium War Within Grimlock seeing release or Masterpiece Grimlock confirmed?

Which is better news? I really can't say.

I am far more excited about Masterpiece Grimlock than any Star Wars vehicle... ever.

Tycho
04-27-2008, 09:22 AM
What's the deal with Masterpiece Grimlock?

Adam
04-27-2008, 02:42 PM
What's the deal with Masterpiece Grimlock?

That its being made. It has been rumored for awhile but Takara confirmed it at Botcon.

Also, I am totally psychic and Hasbro IS reoding Armada Hot Shot /w Jolt for TFU. :thumbsup: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=9359

Chaddymac
04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
That its being made. It has been rumored for awhile but Takara confirmed it at Botcon.

Also, I am totally psychic and Hasbro IS reoding Armada Hot Shot /w Jolt for TFU. :thumbsup: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=9359
I don't think it's been confirmed yet. Every report I've read says that they're looking for a time to release it but haven't found it yet. That could just be them stalling for the official announcement, but that's not what I would call "confirmed."

Adam
04-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't think it's been confirmed yet. Every report I've read says that they're looking for a time to release it but haven't found it yet. That could just be them stalling for the official announcement, but that's not what I would call "confirmed."

http://tformers.com/transformers-botcon-2008-takara/9352/news.html
"TFormers talked to the Takara representatives at BotCon about the possibilities of seeing releases of Masterpiece Grimlock and Thundercraker. The reps said the figures are in the planning/production stages and it is a matter of when, not if, they will be offered for release. No word was given of when that would be, though."

That's pretty much confirmation.

figrin bran
04-27-2008, 07:37 PM
For a minute there, I read "TFU" and immediately thought of "The Force Unleashed" but it's Transformers Universe.

Ratchet as a repaint of Universe Ironhide is great news!!!!

El Chuxter
04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh, I'm still happy reading confirmation of Masterpiece Grimlock, even though I've known it for a whole day.

I'm hoping for cartoon accuracy, as the others have had. And he'd better have some cool accessories. The serving tray is a must. So's the brain helmet thingy. A Wheelie to sit on his nose would be cool, too. It'd be sweet if they borrowed from the comic and he had his crown, too.

Chaddymac
04-28-2008, 08:56 AM
http://tformers.com/transformers-botcon-2008-takara/9352/news.html
"TFormers talked to the Takara representatives at BotCon about the possibilities of seeing releases of Masterpiece Grimlock and Thundercraker. The reps said the figures are in the planning/production stages and it is a matter of when, not if, they will be offered for release. No word was given of when that would be, though."

That's pretty much confirmation.
That I missed, I only saw the Hasbro panel report. Thanks for clarifying!

JediTricks
04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Bran's right, even the fanboy employees have never acted that way in any TRU I've ever been to. And hanging a TF from the ceiling? No way. BTW, if you think Wingblade looks as well designed as the upcoming Powerglide, you need to get your eyes checked, they're not even remotely close looking.

Honestly, there's so much TFA product and pointless repaints that it's hard for me to be excited about Transformers anymore, I don't like the TFA line and it seems to have choked off momentum for TFU, though I do like BlueSilverStreak and Ironhide's bot mode (alt mode is the wrong kind of vehicle and tons of seams). I think Silverbolt looks EXCEPTIONALLY bad in both modes.

Nice to see those 2 Titaniums are getting more life, they look pretty neat.

Adam
04-29-2008, 12:14 AM
I think Silverbolt looks EXCEPTIONALLY bad in both modes.

I think he looks pretty bland in bot mode, but I'm such a ***** for TFU I doubt I will skip him.

figrin bran
04-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Honestly, there's so much TFA product and pointless repaints that it's hard for me to be excited about Transformers anymore, I don't like the TFA line and it seems to have choked off momentum for TFU, though I do like BlueSilverStreak and Ironhide's bot mode (alt mode is the wrong kind of vehicle and tons of seams). I think Silverbolt looks EXCEPTIONALLY bad in both modes.

Nice to see those 2 Titaniums are getting more life, they look pretty neat.

You mean the TFA "momentum" that has been squashed by the Allspark repaints?? :p

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I think he looks pretty bland in bot mode, but I'm such a ***** for TFU I doubt I will skip him.Haw haw! His alt mode looks like a bot-folded-into-a-brick is stuck to the bottom of it, very lazy work from the pics we've seen so far. And for them to pump up the Voyager pricepoint to $25 is galling, I can't buy everything hook line and sinker when they do that.

You mean the TFA "momentum" that has been squashed by the Allspark repaints?? :pNo, the TFA momentum was stifled by a poor release schedule long before Hasbro realized they ran out of the movie line 5 months early. The TFA momentum is basically the fault of the show's release timing, it was totally off for a product rollout. The Allspark repaints are basically the only thing keeping casual collectors into the line at this point, and it's a tenuous connection at best, those awful repaints are all that stands between TF and oblivion right now because even though Hasbro's done this with SW and TF way too many times for the past 4 years or so, once again they've miscalculated the need for product in the end of the forth-quarter, the entire first quarter, AND the middle of the second quarter at the end of the lines and fallen back on shoddy repaints to carry them.

Tycho
04-29-2008, 03:03 AM
This discussion just reminded me of Rock Lords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KauhJ_kYxE)

You haven't transformed a robot until you've made it square and blocky as a rock! :rolleyes:

This makes perfect sense for the engineers who can't design converting robots to resemble anything they're supposed to reasonably approximate.

So wha-lah! Rock Lords!

These things should have transformed into Ozzy Osbourne, Dio, and Van Halen - but whatever.

Adam
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
I think I had one of those when I was really little, but only had one so I thought it was a He-Man toy.

figrin bran
05-01-2008, 12:14 AM
The following characters have been confirmed for the TFA series so undoubtedly they'll have toys as well :

Swindle
Jetstorm
Wreck Gar
Skywarp
Shockwave
Mixmaster
Blurr
Thundercracker
Jetfire

El Chuxter
05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
I thought Wreck-Gar had been confirmed long ago... so long ago, in fact, that he's already appeared, right?

Chaddymac
05-01-2008, 09:00 AM
He was confirmed, he's airing in the next few weeks for the first time, and his toy was previewed at BotCon this weekend during the "no photography" Hasbro panel. He'll get his first public display at Comic-Con.

Also, I believe Skywarp and Thundercracker were said to NOT appear in the show, but would be made in toy format (which I'm actually okay with - one of the cool things about this show is that everyone has a distinct and interesting character and I would be disappointed if it got so overloaded with them, they started coming off the same *cough*Jazz*cough*)

EDIT: I stand corrected - this just in: http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/2008/04/back-from-botcon.html

Looks like there will be a Thundercracker and Skywarp in Animated. Wootini?

Adam
05-01-2008, 04:17 PM
What's wrong with Jazz?

I'm pretty sure Hasbro said Skywarp/Thundercracker would be toys but not in the show. Having art for them doesn't mean they will be in the show since their toys would neex box art.

figrin bran
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
What's wrong with Jazz?

I'm just taking a guess but since Chaddy mentioned Jazz in reference to "characters coming off the same", maybe he meant how Jazz is yet another ninja bot like Prowl?