PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Adam
02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Hm, if there were more coming out, they should have been at Toy Fair..

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Devastator looks like crap to me as well.

Figgy B, what do you like about Inferno? I passed him up, he looked too plain for $20 in package.

figrin bran
02-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Devastator looks like crap to me as well.

Figgy B, what do you like about Inferno? I passed him up, he looked too plain for $20 in package.

JT, Inferno actually has a lot of nicely sculpted details. However, they didn't really bother to paint and accentuate the details and so that's why he looks "plain" (still many, many times better than Universe Hound, if you ask me).

There's a neat little automorph style gimmick that pops the head out - pull the left siren light towards you and the head pops out. Scale wise, I think he works pretty well with Universe deluxes. Leg/knee articulation is actually pretty good and you can even flip the bumper forwards to accomodate more poses. The shoulder kibble from the front side panels of the fire engine, while on first glance seem extremely limiting, are actually hinged in such a way that you can rotate them to the sides of the arms to help out in the arm posing department.

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna stay passing on this figure, while it sounds nice, it doesn't really sound like something I'm looking for in a $20 TF. If it had been $10, easy purchase choice, but alas...

We have another TF Q&A deadline on Sunday night, so everybody go submit your questions in the other thread.

figrin bran
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
I got shipping notice from HTS for Animated Wreck Gar.

Bosskman
02-28-2009, 05:08 AM
I just noticed what's off about Inferno - NO LADDER.

Chaddymac
02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
I just noticed what's off about Inferno - NO LADDER.
This doesn't change the fact that Haskara made a gross oversight by not including a ladder, but it sugar coats the pill a bit: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TFC10010&mode=retail

Tycho
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I've been playing with my movie Ironhide figure.

I wish they'd painted his eyes better. I don't have the premium format one.

But I like Ironhide's character. Always did.

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 03:15 AM
IIRC, Ironhide's eyes are unpainted on the first version, they're relying on light-piping to show the detail, then use an incredibly dark color of plastic. Smooth.

I found TF:A Samurai Prowl and bought him. I was surprised to find he's more recycled parts than new, but it's the new upper legs, head, and faring that make all the difference. His sidecar pops onto his back and folds around to become the samurai armor, it doesn't legoform, pretty neat. The head and shoulders are limited in movement by the armor, but it's still a cool set. The blade stars are gone though, perhaps with some work you could recycle the ones from the first figure.

Chaddymac
03-01-2009, 09:53 AM
You can recycle the blade stars with no work at all. The Samurai Prowl blades are removeable, but they don't open up. It's the same port size, however, and the blade stars fit in quite nicely.

Samurai Prowl is a very interesting figure in that there's enough "new" here that I feel like he was worth buying even though I own the original Prowl, but there's enough that's the same that if I didn't have the original Prowl, I could buy this one and not need the other. And I don't really feel like I was gyped by the original Prowl, since there's a certain attention to detail and quality that's understated in this one (plus, I'm not loving the swivel thigh on the ball joint - it SEEMS like it would be awesome for articulation, but it's actually making him more difficult to stand and complicates the transformation considerably.

figrin bran
03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I bought Samurai Prowl today as well. With the rumblings about TFA being cancelled, I thought I had better get it now rather than later.

I really hope that they are just ill founded rumors. Otherwise I won't buy any movie toys at all just to protest. :p

With so many nice looking designs for season 3 of the show, it would be a real shame not to have toys of any of them.

Chaddymac
03-02-2009, 01:49 PM
It sounds stronger than rumor. It was rumor a couple of months ago. Now, it's just something that they won't confirm, but the evidence is very compelling. Frankly, I think they're betting everything on the movie line. I hope it works out for them, but that's not where my dollars are going.

Speaking of Prowl, he's fragile. I broke the tab on the side-car inside Prowl's leg. Thankfully, the second tab is stable enough to hold the car in place, but the fact is it broke pretty easily. Be careful.

figrin bran
03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
It's a somewhat similar situation with GI Joe in that Hasbro has been completely mum about when the Resolute web series would premiere. Just like they seem to be betting the farm on ROTF, they seem to be betting the farm on Rise of Cobra.

Tycho
03-05-2009, 06:55 AM
I think it's awesome that Hasbro has indirectly become a movie studio and its household brands (Transformers and GI Joe) are profitting so much by this move.

Coupled with its licenses for Star Wars and Marvel, the company is in an excellent position.

Tycho
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm looking at all the Transformers toys on Entertainment Earth's website right now.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 08:27 PM
You can recycle the blade stars with no work at all. The Samurai Prowl blades are removeable, but they don't open up. It's the same port size, however, and the blade stars fit in quite nicely.Drat, I tried to pry them off when I first got it, but chickened out too early, you're absolutely right. I'm a little annoyed that the other side of the wheel is unpainted, but I may end up doing this swap.

Speaking of Prowl, he's fragile. I broke the tab on the side-car inside Prowl's leg. Thankfully, the second tab is stable enough to hold the car in place, but the fact is it broke pretty easily. Be careful.One of the tabs is reinforced while the other isn't. Which one did you break? I found that it seemed like it was going to break the first time I put it back together, but it was an alignment issue with the back wheel and faring (and leg parts in between).

Adam
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
So apparently the 6 inch Titaniums are returning as a Target exclusive.. repaints of course. There is a WWI Prime, who seems brighter in color, but is similar to the original except for a few red and blue swaps. WWI Thrust and Hot (Spot)Zone, a RiD Prime repaint into G1 Hot Spot. The Hot Zone is actually kinda nice. Part of me wants it because of the aborted OFTCC version of the RiD figure.

figrin bran
03-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Animated Blackout is coming in May! And Season 1 of the G1 series is coming in June!

Chaddymac
03-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Drat, I tried to pry them off when I first got it, but chickened out too early, you're absolutely right. I'm a little annoyed that the other side of the wheel is unpainted, but I may end up doing this swap.

One of the tabs is reinforced while the other isn't. Which one did you break? I found that it seemed like it was going to break the first time I put it back together, but it was an alignment issue with the back wheel and faring (and leg parts in between).
I broke the rear tab - I'm not sure if that's the "reinforced" tab or not. It's not that big of a deal - it still works fine.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Hasbro TF Q&A is in:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=21&p2_articleid=2471

So apparently the 6 inch Titaniums are returning as a Target exclusive.. repaints of course. There is a WWI Prime, who seems brighter in color, but is similar to the original except for a few red and blue swaps. WWI Thrust and Hot (Spot)Zone, a RiD Prime repaint into G1 Hot Spot. The Hot Zone is actually kinda nice. Part of me wants it because of the aborted OFTCC version of the RiD figure.Ugh, no more repaints. Why do they rely so heavily on this? Bad call. We know they're not going to fix problems with the molds, WWi Prime is a nifty figure but has a few nagging issues that still need fixing.

I broke the rear tab - I'm not sure if that's the "reinforced" tab or not. It's not that big of a deal - it still works fine.Mine didn't break on either, the figure is currently sporting them but I haven't bothered transforming it since then. The first version of the figure is sporting the slug versions, and they don't look that great on it due to the color problems.

Chaddymac
03-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I think we might be talking about two different things. It seems like you're talking about the star hubcaps, whereas I'm talking about the sidecar.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I think we might be talking about two different things. It seems like you're talking about the star hubcaps, whereas I'm talking about the sidecar.
Sorry, yes, I somehow missed what you were saying. The rear tab is longer and is indeed the one that is reinforced, so I'm not surprised it broke, they expected that could happen which is why they tried to reinforce it. However, I am surprised that the design would want to break it, since the front tab's slot is on a part that moves which wouldn't seem strong enough to break the rear.

Adam
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
There seems to be a lot of custom sets being released for transformers lately, and the quality of the city commander set has deffinately kept me interested in them.

And I'm very interested in this upgrade set for Energon Superion:

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=11055

It's pretty simple too, just an alternate transformation for the arms, new fists, fore arms and new feet. But it looks pretty damn good.

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Dang, that's pretty cool-looking. The new chunks are pretty big, I'm not a believer in parts that don't have somewhere to go in alt mode, but that looks way better than the official version.

Tycho
03-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Do you guys watch those video reviews on TFW2005?

The Fallen looks to be really cool and the new Leader Optimus Prime is a sure-buy for me.

I wonder if they'll come out with a Leader Class Fallen? - the Voyager class is really big (bigger than Ratchet was the first time around).

I also saw SideSwipe in a video review. He too looks cool though not so "youthful" as I remember the G1 character.

Skids was also video-reviewed but seems to be a lot of loosely hinged parts though his transformation is complex for a Deluxe. I guess Mudflap is his on-screen brother and as such, Hasbro didn't even have to wait for the movie toys to make a debut without offering the expected repaint.

Why do Skids and Mudflap have a "relation?" when Sunstreaker should be in there with Sideswipe if they wanted that? Well the answer seems to be comedy relief as Skids and Mudflap might be humorous characters in case masturbation and other bodily function jokes have already gotten old in Transformers movies.

Michael Bay has said, "This is going to be totally awesome!"

I'm not sure to what he was referring, but he says that about everything.

Toiletpaper went on sale this week and Michael Bay thought that was also totally awesome! The TP transforms from a hygene product into sewage, but there is no reverse option and a video review would be inappropriate to link to from this website.

Adam
03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I would watch the video reviews if they weren't those silly movie toys.

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 07:39 PM
I've been railing against video reviews for about a year now. They are long and exceptionally boring. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it seems like a video review takes longer than a written one.

Tycho
03-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I think some dudes should make Transformers video reviews on LSD.

Those should be awesome!

"One shall suck. One will fail."

figrin bran
03-15-2009, 09:25 PM
I saw so many characters in "Transwarped" that I'd buy toys of!

In addition to wanting Omega Supreme since last season, I'd like Rodimus, Strika, Red Alert, Ironhide, Brawn, Cyclonus, Perceptor, Wheeljack.

Chaddymac
03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I saw so many characters in "Transwarped" that I'd buy toys of!

In addition to wanting Omega Supreme since last season, I'd like Rodimus, Strika, Red Alert, Ironhide, Brawn, Cyclonus, Perceptor, Wheeljack.
Ditto. It's SO sad that none of them will be released because of the Bayformers line of which I will buy none. Well, maybe two.

Tycho
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM
From ROTF:

I'll get Leader Class Optimus Prime, Deluxe Sideswipe, probablly the new Deluxe BumbleBee.

Maybe the twins or at least one of them: Mudflap and Skids. They may not be completely repaints.

I'll look at various incarnations of Devastator or the single-packed (non-combining) Constructicons. Some look cool.

Starscream will have to be made Leader Class for me to buy him. The Voyager does look re-done though and might tempt me if the underside kibble is gone.

I don't know. I'm not planning ahead with these. I'll just consider buying when I see the toys released - or when I see the movie. I may loathe this movie.

figrin bran
03-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Ditto. It's SO sad that none of them will be released because of the Bayformers line of which I will buy none. Well, maybe two.

I'm still holding out hope!

Chaddymac
03-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Well, we're still due for Blackout and Arcee. I'm pretty disappointed in losing The Voyager Bumblebee. Omega Supreme would've been awesome...

Tycho
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Please tell me there's a rumor about a Leader Class Blackout from the first movie?

Helicopters are so cool!

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Man, TF has been in a tailspin the last few months. Hasbro, as usual, has left the first 2 quarters of the year all but empty of new product.

Tycho
03-17-2009, 11:52 PM
All the stores have the new G1 Mirage with cloaking device activated.

What? Have you missed seeing those?

figrin bran
03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I bought Animated Waspinator today from TRU today. It's sad to think that this might possibly be the last deluxe in the line and at the same time it's surprising that for the animated deluxes I bought every new mold, skipping only repaints.

Transformation is extremely simplistic. Fold the legs down, connect the insect legs to form arms, flip the head down to reveal robot head. The overall aesthetic is quite nice though since we have yet to see Waspinator in this form on the show, I couldn't tell you if he's on model or not.

Adam
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
It's sad to think that this might possibly be the last deluxe in the line

Wudda 'bout Arcee?

figrin bran
03-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Wudda 'bout Arcee?

Last I heard, Hasbro wasn't even sure they would release it.

RUSHBOY
03-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Today at Target they had the new exclusive TFA Sunstorm and TFA Shockwave (24.99 each) had to pass on them as I was low on money :cry:
I might get them next time I see them !! :thumbsup:

Chaddymac
03-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Last I heard, Hasbro wasn't even sure they would release it.
It HAS been slated in, along with the black repaint of Soundwave. Since they decided to start sending out official pictures and confirm orders, it's on the "more likely" list, but anything can happen, clearly...

Adam
03-22-2009, 02:00 AM
And I'm pretty sure they said that Animated was going to continue, unlike TFU.

El Chuxter
03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Got Ratchet yesterday. He's about as, uh, okay as Ironhide. Wish there was somewhere to put his gun other than over his hand.

How tough are Warpath, Cosmos, and Wheelie to find? I passed on them one time at a distant WM because it was hella crowded and I wasn't getting anything else. Now I'm regretting it, since I've not seen them in the six weeks or so since. Doesn't look like HTS carries them, nor do any other stores (I'm guessing since the profit margin on them can't be especially large given their size and price).

Chaddymac
03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Got Ratchet yesterday. He's about as, uh, okay as Ironhide. Wish there was somewhere to put his gun other than over his hand.

How tough are Warpath, Cosmos, and Wheelie to find? I passed on them one time at a distant WM because it was hella crowded and I wasn't getting anything else. Now I'm regretting it, since I've not seen them in the six weeks or so since. Doesn't look like HTS carries them, nor do any other stores (I'm guessing since the profit margin on them can't be especially large given their size and price).
They are very hard to come by. HTS carried them at one point, but sold thru their stock quickly, as did most of the retailers. And it doesn't look like there's much restocking going on with the movie release imminent. I hate this movie.

El Chuxter
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
At least you don't have to worry about two crappy movies killing off two awesome Hasbro toylines and resulting in lousy distribution of stuff. :(

Adam
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Further evidence that the animated toyline will continue with new releases.. New listings from Wal-Mart computers:
Deluxe Rodimus

The Voyager BumbleBee listing returns after being "cancelled"
Voyager Blackout
Yoyager "Jetpack" (believed to be "Wingblade" Optimus Prime)

figrin bran
03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
The toyline might continue for a little bit longer but the animated series itself wasn't listed on Cartoon Network's 2010 lineup. That's par for the course when you're talking about the CN, I guess.

Chaddymac
03-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I thought it was their 2009 lineup it was missing from. Which, actually, might make sense considering the fact that the third season only has 13 episodes and it already started airing.

figrin bran
04-03-2009, 12:59 AM
One of the SDCC exclusives is going to be G1 Soundwave w. Laserbeak, Ravage and Ratbat. I already have a G1 plus the TRU reissue so I might just pass on this.

figrin bran
04-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Go check your local Targets!

I just got TFA Sunstorm & Shockwave for only $4.99 each!!!

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Ratbat is their big addition? Pretty lame! That's a TF SDCC exclusive I can pass on, it's not looking good for exclusives this year.

Picked up the Target exclusive 2-pack, TFA Shockwave & Bumblebee - Shockwave is a G1 purple repaint of the previous animated figure, while BB is a straight reissue of the Activators figure. BB is a good addition here, great scale going on, but kinda so-so as a stand-alone toy, too simplistic of a transformation and arms are a let-down. Shockwave is very cool spy character, as the Autobot "Longarm" he has a "not much of a mode" crane alt mode and an ok bot mode (though the lack of a moving head is a drawback). Transformation into his true Decepticon mode is very cool though, the tank is only a little less cheaty of an alt mode but gets byon the basics, while the bot mode is very cool, a lenthened version of the other guy but with different hands, face, legs, even the torso has a change. This bot is very lanky, yet looks like he'd be tough. A decent set.

Where did you find Shockwave for $5? I didn't pay for mine, it was a gift, but that's a heck of a deal, I'd buy the Sunstorm probably.

figrin bran
04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
JT, Shockwave and Sunstorm are $4.99 at all Targets as it's a systemwide sale for the week. For that matter, every TF toy except for Animated Activators and Bumper whatever they're called are on sale. It's funny to see Voyagers at $18.99 and yet you have this exclusive Voyager plus Activator for only 5 bucks.

La Brea Target has only Sunstorms now as somebody must've bought up all the Shockwaves.

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Hmm, I'll have to look for that, it wasn't there on Thursday.

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Ok, so I hit Target and sure enough, $5. They had a handful of Sunstorm sets left, I don't own this mold so I figured, what the heck.

Honestly, this mold is only so-so. There's a ton of parts which come off, the face looks utterly ridiculous, the auto-morph transformation doesn't work right so the gears ratchet out, the head pops off half the time in alt mode, and there's a bit of gappy bulk on the underside of the alt mode. Then there's the character-specific deco, and it's pretty sloppy and ugly, but it fits I guess. The only redeeming feature for me is the pop-out forearm panels, that's a slick little entry right there.

Activators Ratchet is ok, borrows the transformation from Machine Wars Hoist, except that figure was more complete and less kibbly, and its side hinges weren't as ugly. This is alright, but nothing really to say.

Adam
04-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Congrats to those that got them at that rediculous price. Turns out it was an error, the sets were supposed to be on sale for $22.99. Quite a blunder!

figrin bran
04-08-2009, 02:11 AM
A blunder on many levels, I'd say! First off, they had those $4.99 sales tags printed up for every store and then they changed the DCPI info to reflect the ultra low sales price. You would think that at some point, someone would've sensed that something was amiss.

JediTricks
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Makes me appreciate them that much more! :D Target must have ate quite a bit on these.

Adam
04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I finally got a chance to pick up Inferno, and he is well worth it. The transformation is in some ways similar to his Energon counterpart, but improved quite a bit. He quicky rose to the top of my favorite list.

Tycho
04-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Now that I've seen more pictures of the movie toys, I might do this:

Keep my Decepticons and Autobots from ROTF separated for the most part.

The Constructicons (Voyager Class) are no where near to scale with any of the Autobots (except maybe the Voyager class Optimus Prime should Hasbro do one). [I'm not absolutely certain of this, though.]

We still definitely want a Leader Class Starscream to be made.

I guess the Leader Class figures we know about are:

New Optimus
New Megatron
Jetfire (SR-71)

The Fallen needs a LC figure, as does Starscream!

Yeah, we'll see what I buy. I no longer have the certainty I once did when Alternators were at the height of their reign!

El Chuxter
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Strangely enough, Target seems to have all the Universe Classics Deluxe figures on clearance already. Including Hot Shot, whose obsession with JAAM only hit shelves a couple of weeks ago.

figrin bran
04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Strangely enough, Target seems to have all the Universe Classics Deluxe figures on clearance already. Including Hot Shot, whose obsession with JAAM only hit shelves a couple of weeks ago.

ROTF toys are coming next month so this is to clear the pegs for them. TF Mighty Muggs are also NCF so those won't be on the shelves much longer either.

Tycho
04-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I've heard some Wal-Marts released their ROTF figures. Anyone found any?

Maybe I read that someone here had?

figrin bran
04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
And for the other SDCC TF exclusive, metallic repaint Optimus Prime Mighty Muggs!

Pass!

Adam
04-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Okay, how about this one.. they are releasing the complete G1 series in a matrix themed box.. while I don't think its exclusive to comic-con it will be sold there none the less.

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/4885/20/

JediTricks
04-19-2009, 01:41 PM
It's going to be sold online after that, and I don't know if the packaging is exclusive or not.

I keep hearing good things about Inferno, but I don't feel bad that I passed, it looked like an oversized deluxe to me.

A buddy is telling me that non-clearance TF deluxes are now $15 at Target, anybody else finding this?

figrin bran
04-20-2009, 01:09 AM
It's going to be sold online after that, and I don't know if the packaging is exclusive or not.

I keep hearing good things about Inferno, but I don't feel bad that I passed, it looked like an oversized deluxe to me.

A buddy is telling me that non-clearance TF deluxes are now $15 at Target, anybody else finding this?

Animated deluxes are $14.19 at the closest Target to us, JT but $12 at other locations. Voyagers went up to $24.19 while Universe Ultras are $29.

El Chuxter
04-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I kept a lookout for you yesterday. No sign of the increase here. However, one Target has the GIJoe comic packs (all the original Hawk/Scarlett set no one wants) for $9.89, and one just five miles away has them for $12.89, so it looks like the latest round of increases is pretty inconsistent.

JediTricks
04-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Burbank Target had 2 tags for Animated Deluxes, one was $11.99 and the other was $14.19. The $12 one had the gray stickers on it, so that price is on its way out. They were the same DCPI.

Adam
04-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Dang $15 bucks? I'm glad I'm pretty much done for awhile. And any future releases will need to be stellar to fork out that much.

Adam
04-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Speaking of rediculous prices, TRU is now selling some Binaltech, Encore reissues and Masterpeice figures at some interesting prices. Scroll allllll the way down.
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?fbc=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255956&categoryId=2758943&fbn=Taxonomy|Toys&view=all

Adam
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Turns out those custom parts for Energon Superion I posted about awhile back were from fansproject.. the people behind the city commander armor. That is a good thing.

Adam
04-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Even more from fansproject. There is a "Protector" upgrade set in the works to convert Classics Rodimus to Rodimus Prime. And they are working up some original figures, with a Springer-like,three Junkions types, and an original combiner called Glacialbot. The combiner's individual bots have animal alt-modes, but in the G1 style, not Beast Wars.(EDIT: Forgot there was a "Broadside" too.) Pics of what I guess are concept images in this gallery:

http://www.allspark.com/index.php?set_albumName=album261&option=com_gallery&Itemid=4&include=view_album.php

Seibertron also has an interview with someone from FP, which also has more pictures.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/seibertron-exclusive-sit-down-interview-with-fansproject-pictures-included/15700/

Chaddymac
04-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Even more from fansproject. There is a "Protector" upgrade set in the works to convert Classics Rodimus to Rodimus Prime. And they are working up some original figures, with a Springer-like,three Junkions types, and an original combiner called Glacialbot. The combiner's individual bots have animal alt-modes, but in the G1 style, not Beast Wars.(EDIT: Forgot there was a "Broadside" too.) Pics of what I guess are concept images in this gallery:

http://www.allspark.com/index.php?set_albumName=album261&option=com_gallery&Itemid=4&include=view_album.php

Seibertron also has an interview with someone from FP, which also has more pictures.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/seibertron-exclusive-sit-down-interview-with-fansproject-pictures-included/15700/
Also, the Classics Prime trailer has a new feature - disappeary mode!

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=11760&extra=page%3D1

JediTricks
04-28-2009, 06:01 PM
That's kinda clever! I would need to see more pics. But man, these guys are just nailing all these cool ideas lately. That Roddy one could be a real looker.

El Chuxter
04-28-2009, 07:13 PM
If I can find out how to download pics from my phone, I'll show you the ROTF Robot Heroes I saw today at Target for $6.99. (I'm assuming the street date hasn't arrived yet, but I didn't buy them. Some red dude named Mudflap looks ridiculously stupid.)

clone157
04-29-2009, 12:23 AM

WOW, why isn't there a fans project group for Star Wars?

Adam
04-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Also, the Classics Prime trailer has a new feature - disappeary mode!

Oh forgot about that! It is indeed clever, and would totally push me over into buying it if I could afford to do so.

El Chuxter
04-30-2009, 09:04 AM
If anyone cares, I saw more ROTF Robot Heroes at Target yesterday. I've now seen them at the Arlington Rd store in Riverside and the Nason Rd store in Moreno Valley, if anyone cares to get them and is nearby.

figrin bran
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
If anyone cares, ROTF Leader class Prime and Preview deluxe Bumblebee and Soundwave are available for preorder starting this Friday at "several major online retailers and specialty shops". I assume that would include Hasbro Toy Shop.

Tycho
04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm not going to pre-order the Transformers. They'll be available everywhere I'm sure. And that way I'll see them first, plus not pay shipping.

BumbleBee's upgrade is cool (with the shoulder cannons), and I'll likely get the LC Prime (it's really good from videos I've already seen).

I don't know what I'm going to do with the Decepticons. As usual, I want to get them in scale - or as close as possible.

From the first movie, I only have Premium LC Megatron, LC Brawl, Deluxe Barricade (with Frenzy), and Deluxe Scorponok.

I did not want to buy Starscream, Bonecrusher, or Blackout unless I get them in at least a LC size. Just because the first movie is over, doesn't mean Hasbro won't be doing older movie characters that have not yet been made. A LC Starscream of course has a shot at production for this movie (ROTF). And I so want Blackout. But Bonecrusher would also be very cool.

I wait with anticipation to see what they might do with the Constructicons. Maybe down the road there will be 7 of them that transform AND combine? I'll hold out hope. I may be able to pay a lot more than parents and kids will for that, but so can so many people here on this site (adult toy collectors). There is a market for it. Maybe Takara/Tomy will have to offer it.

Adam
04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
The Aerial Team Appendage Addon set by fans project is up for pre-order at BBTS for $44.99. Little but more expensive than I thought it would be, but still pretty cool. I love that all the extra bits were encorporated into the alt modes. This is hard to pass up.. I hope I have the money to get them soon.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10005&mode=retail

Tycho
05-01-2009, 02:47 AM
I found the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Wave 1 Rev. 2 tonight at Wal-Mart.

In short, they ring up as "Do Not Sell until May 30."

An employee had opened the case (they got 2 in and they were sent out on the stock pallet).

But I did get to look:

2 BumbleBees (seem to be the same - almost - as last movies. Now he has a firing arm cannon). I might pick this up later.

2 SideSwipes - silver concept Corvette is SWEET! I wanted this figure badly.

2 SideWays - a silver Decepticon sports car (not sure of the make and model) but it looked nice - uh, that is the car mode. Decepticons are mean, of course.

1 Rampage - what was formerly a tiger beast in the Predacon set, is now a Constructicon bulldozer. This is a nice figure and though he'd be more accurately represented by a Voyager class figure for scale purposes next to Deluxe Autobot cars, I just had to buy him (if I could, that is). The headsculpt on Rampage is cool, too. This is a nice figure. He does not combine with other Constructicons to form Devastator. :( I'm sure Hasbro would offer that only after they made sure we bought their first Constructicon products.

1 fighter jet - an Autobot. I don't remember his name and didn't care either. I think it's a repaint of what was previously released as a Decepticon figure. He's not in the movie as far as I know. Jetfire (a Leader Class toy) will represent the Autobots in the air. But he is a nice sculpt and looks to have a cool transformation, but I'm really in the market for a Leader Class Starscream when they make one.

I think that was all that was in the case assortment.

Anyway, I really wanted SideSwipe, Sideways, and Rampage.

I'm sure that someone will get an employee to ring them up as Universe Deluxe figures or something, and they'll get on eBay in the next night or two. But the actual figures are registering do-not-sell in Wal-Mart's computers. Who cares? I won't buy new items from an eBay seller, but I would've immediately opened those figures if I'd been able to get Wal-Mart to let them come home with me.

I might have opened Rampage first - maybe. This is one I could also keep packaged while I'm holding on to hope for a Voyager class figure.

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I think I'm going to buy ROTF Sideswipe but that will be about it. I'm going to be even more selective than Tycho with the movie toys.

Tycho
05-03-2009, 05:46 AM
You will like Rampage.

JediTricks
05-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Guys, the deadline for TF Q&A questions is tonight at midnight, and right now we need 2 more questions. I know I've been lax at lighting a fire under y'all, but it still should be a resource we use.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38950&page=4

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 09:29 PM
You will like Rampage.

It doesn't mean I have to buy him! :p

Actually, I don't plan on getting any Constructicons. They are in fact going to offer a "Devastator" combiner set but all the components will be non transformable.

edit: I just saw a photo of ROTF Deluxe Ravage, the Scorponok of the new line!

Hasbro says that if Cartoon Network wishes to continue the Transformers Animated series, they're welcome to do so. However, that's but a faint glimmer of hope as it wasn't in their schedule for next season.

Having said that, the next Transformers animated series better be Resolute styled or else!

figrin bran
05-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Walmart.com has photos of a lot of the ROTF toys.

Strangely enough, I think I might want the Ice Cream Truck version of Mudflap/Skids.

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Walmart.com has photos of a lot of the ROTF toys.

Strangely enough, I think I might want the Ice Cream Truck version of Mudflap/Skids.
NO! BAD!

Those are a deluxe, they look so bad. Why why why does this movie line look so crummy? Did you see Arcee and Chromia? Wow, talk about the queens of lame.

figrin bran
05-06-2009, 11:34 PM
NO! BAD!

Those are a deluxe, they look so bad. Why why why does this movie line look so crummy? Did you see Arcee and Chromia? Wow, talk about the queens of lame.

At least the motorcycle modes look okay. :p

Tycho, what did you ever see in Rampage? Bot mode looks terrible!

figrin bran
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
So it turns out that TFA purple Shockwave is cartoon accurate after all! At the end of "This Is Why I Hate Machines", he bowed before Megatron and quite literally revealed his true colors.

Despite the presence of Fanzone, that was a great episode and it'll be sad to see it all end. Which could be very soon. And Ratchet will go down as one of the most developed characters on that show, who would've thought?

Tycho
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Tycho, what did you ever see in Rampage? Bot mode looks terrible!

I honestly don't remember, but I plan to buy him when Rampage becomes available.

figrin bran
05-14-2009, 12:10 AM
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion over the street date for the ROTF toys. It's either 5/30 or 31 but I imagine people coming away empty handed during those two days.

El Chuxter
05-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm now seeing those Robot Heroes at every single Target I go to. I wonder if they'd ring up? Their computer seems pretty strict about street dates; one put a whole endcap of the new Green Day CD out on Tuesday (it's supposed to be released on Friday), and the system absolutely would not let the cashier sell it. Which is good, I suppose, but I was kinda hoping some ignorant stockboy's mistake would allow me to have it a few days early.

Wait, this was about the ROTF toys, right?

figrin bran
05-14-2009, 01:01 AM
The ROTF Robot Heroes do in fact ring up, or so I've read on other sites. As they share the same DPCI with previous Robot Heroes, Target's computer doesn't realize they're a different product.

Since Tuesday is when albums are usually released, that's probably why the Green Day albums got put out on shelves.

Adam
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Despite the presence of Fanzone...

Fanzone rules. Period.

JediTricks
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Why would anybody in their right mind limit sales of the Robot Heroes figures of the movie? This isn't mainline product, better to move it now than hold off and wait for it to glut out in a month.

Adam
05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
The rumor mill now has a fourth leader class figure slated as.. Starscream.

Tycho
05-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Starscream?! Finally!!! I've so wanted a Leader Class Starscream. I don't own any figures of Screamer except (a quite awesome) Masterpiece (which I feel is too delicate to transform (so I converted him from jet to robot ONCE and just leave him that way to display - I bought Masterpiece Skywarp so I could have a Seeker in jet mode).

So ROTF Leader Class:

new Optimus
new Magatron
Jetfire
Starscream

I swear, they still need to make Blackout and Bonecrusher in this size from the first movie. Is there any evidence they won't sell? And 2 jets with Jetfire and Starscream? How about a helicopter for variety at least?

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Leader Starscream could work, but they'd have to completely avoid kibble problems in alt mode, none of this "$40 for a figure that looks like it wouldn't get released in the $7 pricepoint" crap.

figrin bran
05-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Thank you Hasbro for cancelling Animated Arcee and killing off the Animated series.

In return, I won't buy any of your ROTF toys.

Adam
05-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I hope we get to see what Rodimus Prime's toy was to look like... Hasbro has some 'splainin' to do come Botcon.

figrin bran
05-22-2009, 12:53 AM
'Splainin'???

Based upon their GI Joe answers (it's kind of scary how the two lines are in similar positions right now), they'll say that going forward, the movie line will be the primary line and that if there is fan demand, they will consider keeping the animated and Universe line going.

Adam
05-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I realize that. However we were told before that animated would continue along side ROTF product, so yes I would like Hasbro to " 'splain " why they reversed their position. Keep in mind whatever their answer doesn't bother me in the least since I didn't collect animated past the first couple of waves. I would just like to know.

JediTricks
05-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Seems like this Botcon is going to be extremely contentious unless they reveal a lot of future plans beyond the movie's influence.

clone157
05-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I'd like my precious Classics back, please.

figrin bran
05-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Endgame part 2, the final episode of Transformers Animated was especially bittersweet since it felt very rushed and was not a satisfactory conclusion to the series.

Unfortunately, it seems to mirror the situation with TFA toys. I know Universe collectors may not like this but I hope a few Animated characters can be released under the Universe (or whatever they rebrand it as) line.

JediTricks
05-24-2009, 05:46 PM
IMO, Transformers has been nothing but missteps throughout this year, management has let every aspect that's not the movie get trampled.

Meanwhile, the Japanese are coming out with some awesome goods!
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/all-news-21/hobby-09-magazine-scans-167682/
Silver & Purple Alternity Megatrons that turn into Nissan 370z.
Real working: Flash drive that turns into Ratchet, USB hub that pretends to be a laptop turning into Blaster, and an optical mouse that turns into a Grimlock-styled dinobot raptor.

El Chuxter
05-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Sweet Jesus, that Alternity Megatron is sweet.

Adam
05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, it seems to mirror the situation with TFA toys. I know Universe collectors may not like this but I hope a few Animated characters can be released under the Universe (or whatever they rebrand it as) line.

It would not bother me at all. The whole concept behind the second Universe series was to have characters from different eras under one line. Yeah it was mostly G1 stuff, but it wouldn't bother me if they diversified the line a bit more.

Tycho
05-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I think the new Toy Fare has a photo guide to all the upcoming Transformers Revenge of the Fallen figures. The magazine I saw was sealed and I didn't want to open it without my comic book shop's owner (a friend) first giving his permission. He often lets me look but he wasn't working in his store the day I was there to pick up my Star Wars comic books. Thus my geek-out session was incomplete.

JediTricks
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Picked up TF:A Ultra Magnus at Target yesterday for $28 on clearance. There was only 1, and the box was a little beat, and oddly the ties around the feet were set up wrong despite nobody having opened it. Figure is ok, I love all the gimmicks, but it's not quite leader-class material in size or design. Moving the arms often sets off the transformation sound, which is a shame. Transformation is a bit annoying but not bad, just a lot of flipping stuff around and pushing on hard hinges. Vehicle mode is very cool, but I wish they had closed off the back end better.

figrin bran
05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
JT, what does make your cut for Leader Class material anyhow?

It looks like a few selected TRU's will be hosting a 9pm to 10 pm ROTF sale this coming Friday.

See here for the store list (http://tformers.com/transformers-toys-r-us-stores-offer-first-chance-to-buy-revenge-of-the-fallen-toys/11619/news.html)

Even though my local TRU is on the list, I'll probably skip this event as I only want Sideswipe and maybe, maybe Sideways.

JediTricks
05-27-2009, 11:59 PM
JT, what does make your cut for Leader Class material anyhow? Movie Prime, Movie Brawl, SWTF Vader / Death Star, Cybertron Prime, Armada Prime, RID Ultra Magnus. There are others from Beast Wars, but none of them were Leader-class pricing because that line was a friggin' bargain most of the time.

It looks like a few selected TRU's will be hosting a 9pm to 10 pm ROTF sale this coming Friday.

See here for the store list (http://tformers.com/transformers-toys-r-us-stores-offer-first-chance-to-buy-revenge-of-the-fallen-toys/11619/news.html)

Even though my local TRU is on the list, I'll probably skip this event as I only want Sideswipe and maybe, maybe Sideways.I am not entirely surprised, that's the street date, but I'll be at Botcon where they claimed to have early purchases for attendees, guess that was a bust.

Tycho
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Wal-Mart has stocked The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

I got:

Leader Class - Optimus Prime and Megatron (they talk and transform)

Deluxe Class - Rampage (bulldozer -very cool as I noted before), SideSwipe, Sideways (Decepticon car).

Voyager Class - Starscream (new mold with no kibble!)** and Demolisher (huge rolling Constructicon seen on Chinese highway in movie trailer - turns into steam shovel - this looks cool in vehicle mode for sure!).

Some kind of mini-class car, forklift, delivery truck, and bi-plane (the truck is the only one that's an Autobot) -but I mainly purchased these to pose as traffic in order to recreate that scene on the Chinese highway from the movie trailer when Demolisher is going beserk!

Soundwave and Bumblebee (non-cannons one) were there as well, plus Voyager Optimus and Ironhide, both with which I didn't bother with.

I will see the movie and then return and / or purchase new figures accordingly. Today is 5-29 and the movie is out 6-24 I think - easily within a 30 day return priviledge and price garauntee.

One other thing: Megatron's voice chip recreates that pullitzer winning script dialogue when he says "I am Megatron" in case you ever buy this toy and don't know. :D (Yeah, Prime says, "I am Optimus Prime," too) but I believe these are the voices of Hugo Weaving and Peter Cullen this time.

I have not opened any of these yet. In fact I haven't brought them out of my truck even, but I'll be hitting the Leader Class and Deluxe figures first, I think.

Darth Metalmute
05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
IMO, Transformers has been nothing but missteps throughout this year, management has let every aspect that's not the movie get trampled.

Meanwhile, the Japanese are coming out with some awesome goods!
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/all-news-21/hobby-09-magazine-scans-167682/
Silver & Purple Alternity Megatrons that turn into Nissan 370z.
Real working: Flash drive that turns into Ratchet, USB hub that pretends to be a laptop turning into Blaster, and an optical mouse that turns into a Grimlock-styled dinobot raptor.

That flash drive ravage is cool. Hopefully it comes stateside.

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I just got Voyager class Demolishor from Wal-Mart. Haven't opened it yet.

Tycho
05-29-2009, 05:41 PM
I just got Voyager class Demolishor from Wal-Mart. Haven't opened it yet.

I brought mine upstairs. That was the next step.

It occurs to me that if I like the movie and the toys, I might buy several of each of the Constructicons to display in each mode.

With Demolisher, I'm going to find the right size Matchbox or HotWheels cars to create that movie trailer scene, I think.

I will likely open a few of these figures before I see the movie, as I think they are cool and I'd like to own them anyway.

figrin bran
05-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Target has stocked ROTF toys as well.

I walked out with Sideswipe and Sideways though I had to really examine all the ones they had carefully. After all a car as nice as Sideswipe can't have paint blemishes or scratches on it.

Their price on deluxes is 11.99 by the way.

I've been saying all along that these are the only 2 I'm buying from ROTF so hopefully I'm done with the line!

At least with Animated I never had to worry about paint apps. Speaking of TFA, I'm just reading about the Botcon panel and apparently the people from the show asked that questions about TFA "positioning" be saved for Hasbro's panel. Way to pass the buck :cry:

Tycho
05-29-2009, 05:45 PM
But the Constructicons are cool, Figrin.

It occured to me that I don't need them to combine as I'll want some to display as 'bots, others as their vehicles, and then separately as Devastator.

So the toys are poorer quality when they don't combine, but as I am "a display kind of guy," I don't necessarily need them to.

Remember my motto: "These are Transformers. They are not meant to be transformed." (See overly expensive loose-but-mint Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream for details.)

figrin bran
05-29-2009, 07:07 PM
But the Constructicons are cool, Figrin.

It occured to me that I don't need them to combine as I'll want some to display as 'bots, others as their vehicles, and then separately as Devastator.

So the toys are poorer quality when they don't combine, but as I am "a display kind of guy," I don't necessarily need them to.

Remember my motto: "These are Transformers. They are not meant to be transformed." (See overly expensive loose-but-mint Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream for details.)

Not cool enough for me, though :p

I'd rather buy the Terminator A-10 even though I have nothing else from that line.

Tycho
05-29-2009, 11:51 PM
The Terminator toys are good quality. Too bad the movie wasn't THAT good.

The A-10 is great. Wished Powerglide was closer to that scale.

So it's time to analyze who to expect in the new Transformers Revenge of the Fallen line.

I have gone without LISTING stuff for quite a while now. So here it is: my opportunity to waste time - my own time writing this out and your time you lose by reading it. :D

So....who's in ROTF?

THE AUTOBOTS

Movie 1.............................................ROTF (movie 2)

Optimus Prime....................................Optimus Prime
BumbleBee......................................... BumbleBee
Jazz.............................................. SideSwipe
Ironhide.......................................... ..Ironhide
Ratchet........................................... .Ratchet
.................................................. ....Mudflap
.................................................. ....Skids
.................................................. ....Jetfire (begins movie as Decepticon)

= 5................................................. .= 8

New figures this time?

Leader Class: Optimus / Jetfire (wave 2)
Voyager Class: Ironhide, Optimus, (Ratchet - wave 2???, Jetfire wave 2?)
Deluxe: BumbleBee, SideSwipe, Mudflap (wave 2?), Skids (wave 2?)

THE DECEPTICONS

Movie 1.............................................ROTF (movie 2).................G1 Constructicons

Megatron (jet)...................................Megatron (tank)
Barricade / Frenzy...........................Sideways
Brawl.........................................Ramp age (bulldozer)
BoneCrusher.................................Soundw ave (satellite / jet)
Scorponok........................................S corponok
Starscream.......................................S tarscream
Blackout*......................................... Blackout*
.................................................. ....Scrapper...........................Scrapper
.................................................. ....Rampage...........................Bonecrusher
.................................................. ....Demolisher.........................Hook
.................................................. ....LongHaul...........................LongHaul
.................................................. ....MixMaster..........................MixMaster
.................................................. ...Scavenger..........................Scavenger
.................................................. ...Ravage
.................................................. ...Wheelie (becomes Autobot?)

= 8................................................. .= 15

* From a movie trailer, it would appear a helicopter Decepticon (at least similar to Blackout) recurs in ROTF

Then there's The Fallen. He's a bad guy but I'm not sure if we'd classify him as a Decepticon. Something tells me that he doesn't submit to Megatron's authority.

New figures this time?

Ultra Class: Devastator (combined non-transforming Constructicons)

Leader Class: Megatron, Starscream (rumored wave 2), The Fallen (future?)

Voyager Class: Starscream, Demolisher, Blackout (wave 2?)*, The Fallen (wave 2), LongHaul (future?), MixMaster (wave 2), Scavenger (future?)

Deluxe: Rampage, Soundwave, Sideways, Ravage (future?), Scorponok (wave2?), Scrapper (future?)

Mini: Wheelie (future?)

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Went to another WM earlier tonight and scored Rampage and Soundwave.

I am now thinking over which one I will get tomorrow.

figrin bran
05-30-2009, 12:35 AM
JetsandHeels, may I recommend Sideswipe? Even if you end up not liking the robot mode, the concept Stingray is pretty sweet! For mine, I had to look through 10 different ones before finding one with no scratches on it.

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, Figrin. I had actually been eyeing Sideswipe earlier but passed.

Ji'dai
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I liked Ransack, the biplane, but it's in the cheaper "Scout" class series. I'd like to see that one in the Deluxe or Voyager class.

Tycho
05-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I liked Ransack, the biplane, but it's in the cheaper "Scout" class series. I'd like to see that one in the Deluxe or Voyager class.

I bought that one as it might be in scale to one of the Constructicons (Deluxe, Voyager - not sure?) I'm going to consider it before I return him.

Ransack was originally an Insecticon.

Here's what I think might be happening. Orci and Kurtzman are seemingly aware of Gen. 1.

They probably start off trying to name the characters as they were in Gen. 1, but maybe some names are not able to be registered or are currently not owned by Hasbro any longer?

That still doesn't explain Devastator being a tank (Brawl) in the first movie. That was originally an error that was supposed to be corrected on the DVD. However, NOW, Orci and Kurtzman claimed at BotCon that there will be an in-story piece of dialogue that will explain the transition from tank-head to combiner personality.

If they are now aware that they cannot make these mistakes - and probably Hasbro is as well, why are they still happening?

I know Michael Bay 'formers movies are made for the new audiences, however, they have an instant fan audience built in which they ought to respect, so they can count on that business.

Adam
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
:thumbsup:Looks like Universe will be returning in 2010 in at least the deluxe price range.

figrin bran
05-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I can breathe a sigh of relief! More TFA down the road! Arcee, Rodimus, Blackout, Wingblade Optimus, Thundercracker!

MP Grimlock in the US within the year!

JediTricks
05-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I have so many more notes from that Hasbro panel, and I'm trying to pull a recording out of my crappy old voice recorder (no computer connection, I'm recording it directly into the mic port, then will run a filter over it).

Here are yesterday's photos of the convention floor, and today's extra bits are going up now:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=4299

Yesterday, I got a free RPMs Bumblebee (they gave me Ratchet, but I saw them giving out BB later so I traded mine in) and picked up a mini transforming Macross Roy Focker Valkyrie for $20. Today I picked up ROTF Rampage and a clean-looking Sideswipe, put back a few of the scouts because I'm just too broke right now. I haven't had time to open any figures, so I'm gonna take a few to do just that.

To be honest, I'm not sure yet what else to get, I'm hoping to find reviews.

JediTricks
05-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah, there was a prototype of the Voyager-class + human Sideswipe, that thing looks so badass it's crazy. Operating gull wing doors!!! They didn't have bot mode, but the undercarriage was visible, I took a pic, it's detailed.

Dude, step 6 on Sideswipe is nearly incomprehensible! Who thought that side was the right angle to draw this from? All they had to do was show the figure from the robot front, drawn an arrow from the rear window/pipes going up. STUPID!

Step 9, uh, which joint is that? And Step 10... HUH?!? I basically had to just keep folding and assuming, then looking at the instructions to see if it matched. Feet are a shame, every pose needs one toe up, one heel down, or else it falls. And step 11 doesn't even mention that the heels folds in.

Well, here he is. Seems a little small by himself, and way too much back kibble, the folding tailpipes seems like an abandoned gimmick, and the head is pretty puny, but it looks sleek too, the rear fenders make an interesting and aggressive chest, the fold-out scissor swords are ok, the hip and shoulder joints are cool, the colors are nicely consistent. Mech Alive knees are pointless. :p Great detailing though, and the hip design lets him get a wee bit taller. All in all, an ok figure, great car, good toy.

JediTricks
05-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Well, getting Sideswipe back into alt mode wasn't too bad of a chore, it's not TOO locked into a specific order, but there's a lot of panel massaging at the end to get straight, and I don't remember so many seam lines when I started.

Adam
05-31-2009, 01:15 AM
JT out of all the galleries around the internet, yours is probably the clearest I've seen. Practically no lens flare! Good job!:thumbsup:

Out of all this new stuff, they only things that really hold any interest for me are Sideswipe, the new leader Prime and some of the basics. I doubt I will even be getting any of those though.

... the deluxes motorcycles are hideous, combiners or not.

JediTricks
05-31-2009, 02:11 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate it! I got a lot of lessons paying attention to Steve over the last few years, it helped a lot with reflections and pacing and camera focus (although focus is still an issue for me, hence today's reshoots). If you see anything you feel needs reshooting or more coverage, LMK before tomorrow morning and I'll see what I can do.

Sideswipe is cool, more good than bad. But the Voyager one looks to be super awesome.

The bikes, I do agree they are fugly. Hasbro says they do have a combination system worked out, but they believe the combiner aspect was removed from the film.

JediTricks
05-31-2009, 03:56 AM
Sideswipe (dlx). First impressions. Alt mode. Great looking car, shiny silver is cool, but tons of seam lines on this one. Needs a lot of panel massaging after transforming back to alt mode. What's with the loose tailpipes? Seems like an abandoned gimmick. Overall, pretty good, some issues.

Transformation. Instructions are complex in a bad way, thoughtless at places. Step 6 is drawn from the least usable angle, totally incomprehensible. Hides the fact that it's a lot of panel moving to and then fro and then to again. Once you've done it and remember it, it feels more organic and goes quicker, really not that complicated after just moving all the movable panels. Tailpipes can fold in but no mention of this anywhere, again seems like an abandoned gimmick.

Bot mode. Seems a little shrimpy out of context, but haven't measured him. Significant back kibble kind of dwarfs him, as does large shoulder armor/collar area vs small face, makes him seem smaller than he is. Can stand a little taller due to creative jointing. Great color integrity, but sculpted details on the face get lost in single color plastic. Lots of sculpted details overall, but not in a noisy way, obvious choices to make more panels in key areas so he looks more TF. Love the multiple connective rods on the hips and how they are articulated, very clever. Wheel feet suck, cannot stand without a lot of work, if they had separately articulated the heel it'd be perfect, but they didn't go that route. Kibble that becomes scissor swords is kinda neat. Chest can de-peg pretty easily, but doesn't seem to be a big frustration when handling, only transforming.

Articulation. Ok, not great. Head turns, shoulders are ball-jointed with interior hinge, elbows double-hinged, limited ball wrists, limited ball hips with interior hinge, limited hinge knees, slightly rotational ankles.

Mech Alive. Pointless, when you move the knees panels slide out slightly. It seems to limit the range of motion and is visually boring. Not claimed as mech alive, scissor swords, they're geared so move one blade, the corresponding blade moves too. That's cool, if simple.

Overall. Likable, some frustration but more good than bad. Seems like a little more budget would have carried this to supremacy.

----

Rampage (dlx). First Impressions. Alt Mode. Very nice looking bulldozer, lots of detail, a tad small. Treads don't move, bottom is fixed plastic. Wheels keep treads about a quarter inch from the ground. Dozer blade seems way too big compared to the scale of this vehicle. Blade doesn't move up, only down, parts were hinged but looks like piston gimmick was dropped. Disappointing. Yellow plastics basically work, not as nice as painted prototype but ok; 2 different yellows, one warmer than the other. Part behind blade mistransformed in package, flops about when it actually goes in under the head and stays perfectly still. Various parts move too freely, but overall stable.

Transformation (to jackhammer mode). Are you ****ing kidding me? The instructions are nigh-incomprehensible, 18 steps for this mode alone, they actually had to cram words back into the instructions to explain concepts here and there, and then they do a cutaway to a section without making it clear that you're focusing in on that particular section. Parts don't always end up where they claim (blade is a big one, there are tabs which simply won't line quite up in the position of parts given). Arms and whips are left flopping about halfway through to get in the way of everything for no reason. Soft-sells a vital step clipping pistons into jackhammer, and moves the legs into that position before the piston section despite spring-loaded hips not allowing that without piston part. Smooth. All for... this??? Doesn't even mention WHY this is important to the design (I'll get to that in a moment).

Jackhammer mode. WTF? Giant backpack of kibble, arms flopping about, all so the legs can pogo on spring-loaded hips? There is as much backpack as robot it seems, it sticks WAAAAY out. Is this in the movie, giant hopping around unilegged "jackhammer" guy? I sure hope not, that'd be ridiculous AND stupid looking, based on this toy. Some sculpted detailing, but feels like token work. Needs more color here too, bland.

Tranformation (to robot mode). I read someone claim this was missing steps. Sadly, it's not, it just uses poor angles and inaccurate angles on legs which the toy can't replicate. But package picture is basically this, sad as that is.

Robot mode. Ugh, I want my money back, this sucks so bad. The torso comes apart too easily, it's gappy from the sides, there's still the big backpack but now it has halfassed legs coming out of it sticking out even farther, and the head always seems to end up looking skywards. But its true failure is the spring-loaded hips, which are LINKED so you can't move just one leg, they are stuck together forever, and they always head towards bias of straight upright which doesn't fit the design they were going for. Light-piped eyes don't work at all. Knees are weak and want to collapse all the time, the rubbery points pretending to be feet seem to agree and help toss him on his face (point feet look like an abandoned actual foot was designed there, then molded as one piece instead). The whole thing's a waste, it might have looked kinda cool if it didn't have that giant crappy backpack, wasn't so spindly from the side, and wasn't just all around mediocre. It's like someone took a half-baked Scout-class figure and tried to fudge it up to Deluxe with a silly gimmick and a big dozer blade. Lost ideas abound here.

Articulation. Mediocre. Legs are essentially unposable, doesn't matter that they have hinge-n-rotation hips and knees (although the rotation on the knees is a disaster), nor that the ridiculous rear legs have a few hinges and sideways pivoting. Arms have oddly off-center rotation shoulders with sideways hinges. Ugly screw makes it look like elbow hinge, but no. Claws hinged on either side. Head kinda rotates on Z-axis (aka puppydog "huh?") and pivots upwards even more, but can't look straight ahead, thanks. Waist turns freely and OFTEN... OH MOTHER OF GOD, I JUST GOT IT!
... Ok, so let me take back the thing about the legs not being of any use. It's just that the packaging photo is wrong, the instructions are wrong, and the figure still sucks. If you want to use the hip articulation (remember, hips are permanently linked) you just rotate the waist around and then rotate the lower legs around, the hip spring doesn't work past 90 degrees and there's friction here, so it works when the bottom is backwards; the hips also have sideways hinging. The knees are movable from straight to about 30 degrees, any farther and their springs push them back.

Transformation (back to bulldozer mode). Not all that bad, tons of stuff moving around but you get to decide most of the when, which keeps it more stable. 1 transformation and several parts are already showing stress marks.

Overall. Crummy, terrible, avoid at all costs. Interesting ideas not fully developed lead to a frustrating experience and an underwhelming robot (and laughable jackhammer). Just too ambitious for final results. Oversized dozer blade dooms this guy in many ways. Deco is boring and lacks finesse. Instructions complex in an unfun, frustrating way. Disappointment at every turn.

JediTricks
05-31-2009, 11:12 AM
One thing in Rampage's favor, or disfavor depending on POV, it isn't content to merely fail, it dares to aim high, to dream big, and it fails spectacularly.

JetsAndHeels
05-31-2009, 12:29 PM
I picked up Sideswipe last night at Target. I have not opened any of my new TF figures yet...will probably do so tonight after I get back from the movies.

I am thinking that tomorrow I am going to pick up the Leader class Prime. It looks like a really cool toy.

Adam
05-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Leader Prime does look pretty impressive, and is a much better match to the design than the original.

Tycho
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
I'll have to open SOMETHING tonight. My preference is for Sideways.

figrin bran
05-31-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble comprehending Sideswipe's instructions. I just gave up on them and looked at the back of the card to see how it's supposed to look like and went from there.

figrin bran
05-31-2009, 10:44 PM
JT, you have shots of TFA Rodimus, Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet, I hope?

I've seen some on another site but they're not the greatest shots. The toys on the other hand look outstanding!

JediTricks
06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
JT, you have shots of TFA Rodimus, Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet, I hope?

I've seen some on another site but they're not the greatest shots. The toys on the other hand look outstanding!
Absolutely. They were all in hard to shoot locations, but I think I got enough coverage. Yeah, I just looked them over, some dark pictures, but each has 1 good lit shot of bot and alt modes, the darker pics are just more angles and reshoots. I also shot Voyager BB with scuba gizmo.

Working on pics now, and then news.

Tycho
06-01-2009, 12:49 AM
So which are the good ROTF figures that meet with your approval, JT?

JetsAndHeels
06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I picked up Leader Prime, Ransack, and Dead End today at Walmart.

Walmart also has new Transformers t-shirts with the autobot logo. I really wanted a decepticon, but I bought one anyway.

Tycho
06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Cool. I'll have to get that Autobot t-shirt.

JediTricks
06-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I posted my extensive write-up of the Saturday 2 hour panel, you won't find this much detail on the other sites or nearly as many questions answered:
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3097

So which are the good ROTF figures that meet with your approval, JT?I only own 2, my reviews are posted.

As for what I saw at the show, my impressions are...
Legends:
(I will say first that I don't think any of these are worth their pricepoint cost)
- Sideways looked pretty decent.
- Mudflap seemed alright.
- Springer looked cool, I may actually buy this.
- The Fallen came out pretty ok.
- Megs kinda works.
- Sideswipe looks like a pretty decent interpretation.

Scouts:
- Dirt Boss could be cool, it's iffy.
- Dead End, I messed with this in the play area, it's a boring bot and wonky car, but transformation is pretty decent for a scout.
- Knock Out I suspect is decent, colors could use work though and the head I'm not so sure of (but I don't really like the repaint they showed more than this).
- Ransack seems crazy enough to work, I nearly bought him at TRU on Saturday but the line was too long and I was pretty close to broke.
- Dune Runner looks boss.
- Depthcharge could work, I'm on the fence, seems like kibble could be out of control and transformation simplistic, had in my hand at TRU and put him down before Ransack.
- Reverb (Knock Out's repaint) has a more tolerable deco, but it seems boring, and he's the 'Con while Knock Out is the Autobot despite them looking vice-versa. I can't decide which I like more, if I like either.
- Scalpel looks friggin' crazy! That thing should have been a deluxe, evil microscope TF.
- Blue Autobot repaint of Dead End has better colors IMO, I may get him instead.
- Ejector!!! Toaster-bot, transform and toast out! How can you not love it? And look at his face!
- Brakedown looked good, no pictures allowed, only shown at slideshow.
- Skystalker same. He's got a gerwalk mode! And spring feet to swoop in.
- Scattorshot same, if not as impressive at first blush. I like the idea that these 3 can use Jungle Ironhide's weapons, though it does mean buying Jungle Ironhide.

Deluxes:
- Already ok'ed Sideswipe.
- Ravage looks kinda cool. I played with him for a second in the play area, head doesn't move and transform seems kinda wonky, but design delivers in cat mode.
- Dead End looks really good. I wasn't likely to get Sideways before, but I'm definitely not going to knowing Dead End is on the horizon.
- Blazemaster looks like he could disappoint, but I think the deluxe news chopper might work out.
- Skids and Mudflap (the ice cream truck) might look ultra kibbly and small in bot mode, but the vehicle mode looks to deliver.
- Swerve's red doesn't feel quite right for this car, but ok, and new head looks ok.
- Deluxe Ratchet looked good, better than Voyager version. Again, only shown in panel.
- movie Lockdown looked really cool, a great realization of the animated character in realistic form. No pics allowed.
- Dirge, awesome, very cool new conehead mold. No pics.
- Drift lineart looked good, pretty standard but solid. No pics.

Voyagers:
(a few quick negative notes first, I played with Demolishor in the play zone, he SUUUUUCKS! He's small and has very few parts, moving or otherwise, and his transformation is the pits, and his bot mode is so dumb.
And Starscream looks good-ish from front, the alt mode underside is finally controlled, but the hands and guns sticking out the back ruins it even if the crazy tattoos didn't.)
Ok, so on to likes.
- Stratosphere has a lot of back kibble and is spindly (especially the legs), but looks kinda cool anyway and has mini-Prime.
- Mixmaster could work, the robot mode has a lot of kibble around the arms and the high hips, but detail is interesting in both modes and the gun emplacement mode is kinda cool. The light blue color really hurts my opinion of him though, so I'm not sure yet.
- Tank Megatron looks kinda cool.
- Long Haul looks pretty tough, if a bit kibbly.
- Jungle Attack Ironhide looks cool, different enough and with weapons to probably buy despite being largely same as existing one. Glad I didn't buy any repaints, that's for sure. No pics.
- Bludgeon looked amazing! No pics.

Human Alliances:
- Bumblebee with Sam looks halfway good and halfway too kibbly. But details that you don't get in the deluxe are here, which is good. Car mode is from first movie, which I prefer. Sam looks stupid, but what ya gonna do.
- Barricade with Frenzy looks really cool. Barricade looks much better detailed. Lots of different weapon stations for Frenzy. No pics.
- Skids & Arcee with Mikela looks decent. I won't bother buying either Skids or Arcee in the other sizes now, though I'm not sure I'll buy this set, but it looks way better. Mikela has a big gatling gun to use behind Skids' head. No pics.
- Sideswipe & unknown, this was only a graymodel prototype, but it blew my mind. Gullwing doors, fantastic lines. I hope the final version is as good. I took pics of this, it was in the booth. Nothing was said of it at either panel, and in retrospect I really wish I had asked about it.

Leader Class:
(my opinion on all of the ones in the booth are heavily mixed, but I'll give it a shot.)
- Optimus Prime looks like he kinda works, but has a cheap deco (the doors being semi-unpainted is a tragedy) and those swords are very annoying, can't stow them. I have heard from a couple folks that he's a better sculpt than the first, but not as good a toy due to paint and kibble problems and blocked limbs and features that were "costed out" as Hasbro would say. I also don't like that the try-me has his head flip out from the back, IMO Prime's head always HAS to come straight up, it's a must.
- Jetfire got a LOT of attention in general. The robot mode is very detailed, it was almost easy to forgive the fact that he's wearing that plane as kibble on his back, but alt mode is the same problem, it's a SR-71 with boxy robot parts hanging underneath, and that's a big failure in my book.
- Megatron looks cool in both modes at first blush, but his sculpt is a little softer than it should be, his left arm is stupidly tiny, and his friggin' gimmick (which I played with in the store) is a head-scratcher, and kills head articulation yet again. If I find it on a great price, I may buy it though.
- Starscream, which was only in the panel so no pics, looks downright AMAZING. It's a year away and I cannot wait. The graymodel looked great, tons of detail, lots of play features like revealing weapons, his mouth opens so he can talk, and he even has a button to set off the transformation sound.

Other stuff:
- I played with Sideswipe Gravity Bot, and I hate it say it but it was kinda fun despite having NO articulation. The others impressed me not.
- The new Robot Replicas look better than the old molds, though I doubt I'll buy any.
- I was more impressed with Fast Action Battlers Jolt than regular dlx Jolt.
- FAB Prime is a massive improvement over the first movie mold. This one is pretty much THE Prime for any kids you know (barring experience troubles).
- FAB Long Haul seemed ok.
- If RPM hot wheels-sized cars were a buck cheaper, they'd be pretty darn cool, a lot of good alt modes there.
- R/C RPM Prime looked really good. BB was a little too stylized for me to go thumbs-up. Both controllers talk though, which is pretty rad. If Prime's voice is authentic, it's a win. They're way too small for their $30 pricetags though.
- Power Bot Megatron is kinda neat, does exactly what it needs to, big simple young kids toy, and the kids loved playing with it and BB at the show. Megs looks better though, a kid-stylized but not babyish version. One kid on the last day was absolutely TRASHING the play areas with it, really hammering all the other toys and the little environments, I put up photos under "Let that be your last battlefield" in the misc gallery.

Bottom Line:
- Scouts, first wave doesn't impress me much, but looks ok. Later stuff has more promise.
- Deluxe, first wave is pretty much a flop. Later entries have a little promise, but this line's deluxe feels like a huge letdown compared to most times. A lot of the best stuff is a year away.
- Voyagers is a mixed bag, but even though numbers say it fails, it feels less like a flop than deluxe to me.
- Human Alliance looks like a major win, I really hope it pans out.
- Leaders is a damned shame, the only really exciting one is over a year away.
- There is way too many instances of "costed out" features on all of these, especially Deluxe and Leader. Jetfire is a huge disappointment because he seems cool at first blush but has a massive drawback in kibble for both modes.
- There's some ok other stuff, but everything feels priced too high.

figrin bran
06-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I bought Legends Sideswipe and Megs at WM yesterday. While the latter is decent, Sideswipe is a waste. There's no way that he can stand at all in bot mode because the feet are curved towards the back.

I saw that Autobots shirt as well but passed on it since I got a similar and better looking one from Target during the first film.

JetsAndHeels
06-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I saw that Autobots shirt as well but passed on it since I got a similar and better looking one from Target during the first film.

Are you referring to the black t-shirt with the smaller autobot logo? I have one of those also.

Tycho
06-02-2009, 01:03 AM
JediTricks, thanks for the great review of all the movie products.

You really made me excited for Leader Class Starscream. Geeze I may likely buy 2-3 of those if they're THAT good.

I'm really optimistic about the Human Alliance figures, too. IMO they made good choices. I think I heard that SideSwipe will come with Capt. Lennox, but an even larger Ironhide (if they could do it) would be way cooler to include Lennox with.

I still haven't opened my figures yet, but I'm really feeling torn since I've seen DeadEnd. Sideways is movie-authentic, but I agree with you that DeadEnd's coloration just looks incredible.

Adam
06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I remember hearing the HA Sideswipe comes with Epps...

JT.. Drift was movie styled? That's dissapointing.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I picked up The Fallen at Target earlier today.

The only ROTF toy I have opened so far is Leader Prime. My only problem with him was trying to transform him into truck mode. Getting the panels on his chest (the cab) to move correctly was tough. Once that was out of the way, it wasn't too bad.

Overall it is a really, really nice piece. I never got the Leader Prime from the first movie, so it worked out that I waited for this one.

Tycho
06-02-2009, 03:01 PM
What sucks:

1. I may have to hold out to see whether several figures (SideSwipe, SideWays, Rampage, voyager Starscream) come out in Premium format. Unpainted eyes (original Ironhide voyager) really bother me.

2. I'd like to open these figures up and see what they are like for myself, but I need to wait until the release of the movie and premium format news.

3. Voyager Demolisher was rated poorly. (I don't like robot designs for robots without legs myself, so I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised here).

What's probably safe for me to open that I won't be returning:

Leader Prime, Leader Megatron

What's cool:

The movie will open up even before 30 days have passed for my return priviledge.

I might even return them and buy them back so I will have new "fresh" return priviledges through the time when I may learn of any premium format figures I'd rather have.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I opened Ransack and Dead End just now and they are both very cool.

For the scout series, I must say these are pretty solid characters. The transformation on both was fairly simple, and they look darn cool.

Now I want to go buy the rest of the scouts.

Tycho
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Those are two others that I picked up and thought looked good, too.

I haven't opened them of course. Ransack was very different for a Transformer being an older 1920's model of airplane, though perhaps a modern version.

JediTricks
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
So, on Dlx Sideswipe, I realized that I didn't like the fenders as backpack kibble, even if they do have sculpting inside, so I fiddled and found that you can just fold them out like wings. Tracks baby!!! Not really, different kind of wings, but they remind me of G1 Smokescreen door wings. You can also fold them down like a cape or a little like angel wings (there are multiple joints to fiddle with) but they reach just past his knees that way.

I opened up Hybrid Convoy (Prime), he's an amazing little wonder. Die cast, super posability, lots of great accessories, fantastic trailer, even Roller kicks ***. Truck mode isn't so great, but it's nice that he transforms at all. But the rest, man is it rad. So glad I picked this up.

JediTricks, thanks for the great review of all the movie products.Sure, but keep in mind, it's only an overview really.

You really made me excited for Leader Class Starscream. Geeze I may likely buy 2-3 of those if they're THAT good.Well, hopefully the final version is as cool. They didn't have paint mocked up yet, and nothing next to it for scale, but it was a slick looking gray-model. I think it's gonna be cool. I hope it's not the tattooed look though, that'd be such a waste.

I'm really optimistic about the Human Alliance figures, too. IMO they made good choices. I think I heard that SideSwipe will come with Capt. Lennox, but an even larger Ironhide (if they could do it) would be way cooler to include Lennox with.We'll see, it could really be anything at this point.

I still haven't opened my figures yet, but I'm really feeling torn since I've seen DeadEnd. Sideways is movie-authentic, but I agree with you that DeadEnd's coloration just looks incredible.If you bought Sideswipe, open him, he's good. And, like I suspected in my review, he's not as small as first impressions suggest, he's just got a small head and odd proportions which make him seem small.

I would definitely hold off on opening Sideways though until you see the film, he may not be worth talking about.

I remember hearing the HA Sideswipe comes with Epps...I kinda doubt it, Tyreese who plays him was at the Sunday Hasbro panel and was asked if he interacted with the car, he said no talking, no driving, but he did lean on it as much as he could. :p He also admitted to secretly scratching the paint with the prop gun on his hip, and him and a crew member painting it over. But he definitely didn't get to drive it.

JT.. Drift was movie styled? That's dissapointing.The design wasn't really movie-styled, it was very much a modern classics-style design, but anything "realistic" right now was shown off in the Movie line banner. It's possible that one is being planned for Classics 3.0 due out in Fall 2010.

What sucks:

1. I may have to hold out to see whether several figures (SideSwipe, SideWays, Rampage, voyager Starscream) come out in Premium format. Unpainted eyes (original Ironhide voyager) really bother me.Rampage isn't worth holding out for, he sucks now and unless they resculpt him, he'll suck as a Premium.

I honestly doubt they'll do a Premium line this time around, their budgets are stretched much thinner this time and if they do 'em, it'll be cheaper. I wouldn't think Sideswipe needs a premium though, he's already shiny silver and you can clearly see his eyes as they're blue on a silver face (the light-piping is a little dark, but also works).

2. I'd like to open these figures up and see what they are like for myself, but I need to wait until the release of the movie and premium format news.I'd suggest enjoying them for what they are, at least a couple.

3. Voyager Demolisher was rated poorly. (I don't like robot designs for robots without legs myself, so I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised here).Holy crap did Demolishor suck when I played with him. I can't get past that, just pure suck.

What's probably safe for me to open that I won't be returning:

Leader Prime, Leader MegatronI hope they redo Prime's lackluster deco and weapon problem, so I'm holding out for a revisit. Megs I think isn't going to get better, he's already got good paint unlike movie 1 Megs.

I opened Ransack and Dead End just now and they are both very cool.

For the scout series, I must say these are pretty solid characters. The transformation on both was fairly simple, and they look darn cool.

Now I want to go buy the rest of the scouts.Thanks for the 411 on those 2. I found Dead End's transformation to be fairly busy for a scout, standard stuff for TF but for a scout more going on than most. I'm still gonna hold out for the blue repaint.

Ransack is one I regret putting back, but I will pick him up. How do you like his bot mode? I only experienced about half of it at the show, kids tore it apart.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Ransack is one I regret putting back, but I will pick him up. How do you like his bot mode? I only experienced about half of it at the show, kids tore it apart.

Bot mode is pretty solid for this one...out of the 2 scout class figures I purchased, he is definately my favorite. I recommend it, not only because it is a cool figure for a scout class, but also he is unique in that he is modeled after the old vintage-style airplanes.

Mvader91
06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
:thumbsup:Found Voyager class The Fallen, it is pretty awesome.It is bot mode

JediTricks
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Ok, so I'm dead wrong about Human Alliance Sideswipe with Epps, as noted in this photo:
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15826
Damn that's cool.

And I was wrong about Jetfire & Prime combining, here they are:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-rotf-jetfire-pics-combined/15850/
Not as cool. I didn't expect Jetfire to be hugging Prime, I was thinking Armada jetpants.
There's a keychain of this out at TRU, I couldn't figure out what the hell it was when I found it, but that's what it was.

BTW, I think it sucks that everybody is showing Jetfire alt mode from the top where he looks good and avoiding from the side where he looks AWFUL.

figrin bran
06-03-2009, 12:10 AM
JT, you told me Ice Cream Truck Mudflap/Skids wouldn't be a great buy and now you're reversing course???

I opened up my Sideways...it's decent but they really cheaped out on the lower abdomen. It has sculpted details but didn't bother to paint any of them and so the entire ab section is red molded plastic. Also, he is extremely difficult to stand. The feet are too small to support his weight, especially with all the top heavy kibble.

JediTricks
06-03-2009, 01:24 AM
JT, you told me Ice Cream Truck Mudflap/Skids wouldn't be a great buy and now you're reversing course???No, no, I'm just saying that it's not the worst thing I've seen, the alt mode definitely looks good, that's the positive aspect. Buy at your own damned risk. :p

I opened up my Sideways...it's decent but they really cheaped out on the lower abdomen. It has sculpted details but didn't bother to paint any of them and so the entire ab section is red molded plastic. Also, he is extremely difficult to stand. The feet are too small to support his weight, especially with all the top heavy kibble.Hmm, something seemed off about his look. I thought it was just me far more impressed with the repaint Dead End, but I think your comment about lacking paint is it.

JediTricks
06-03-2009, 03:35 AM
And the Sunday Hasbro panel write-up:
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3104

El Chuxter
06-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Tyrese! Woooooo!! :rolleyes:

figrin bran
06-03-2009, 09:48 PM
JT, is Movie Lockdown a completely new mold or an attempt to repaint TFA Lockdown in a more realistic deco (could be disastrous if that's what it is)

Also, I take it that TFA Cybertron Ironhide is a repaint of TFA Cybertron Ratchet?

bigbarada
06-04-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm a little annoyed that the new TF toys seem to have temporarily displaced the Marvel Universe line out of existence in every single Wal-Mart I go to. :mad:

Besides, these new Transformers designs now make walking through the toy aisle about as exciting as rummaging through the nuts and bolts bin at The Home Depot. :rolleyes:

Mvader91
06-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Toys R Us in my area at least have tons of Marvel Figures maybe try tru.

Adam
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm a little annoyed that the new TF toys seem to have temporarily displaced the Marvel Universe line out of existence in every single Wal-Mart I go to. :mad:

The Wal-Mart near me has yet to have any MU figures.. not even pegs.

JediTricks
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
So, Hasbro has sent in our Q&A for this round, only 2 weeks late:
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=21&p2_articleid=2471

I picked up 3 new figures yesterday, don't have time for detailed thoughts but...

- Dlx Chromia - nice bike, love the stand that has sweet guns integrated in. Transformation has some interesting ideas. Robot mode unfortunately is a failure, just not enough of a whole thing, and certainly not enough of a robot. Not stable either. Mech alive feature is a fantasy in their heads, no such item on here. Too bad, there is potential, just wasn't delivered upon.

- Scout Depthcharge - nifty alt mode, adequate transformation, pretty keen robot mode. Basic bot layout, with decent sculpted detail and a good angled armor look, kibble actually is the lower legs so not really kibble, shoulders have a missile pod. Good articulation too. Attack mode is kinda silly but not necessary. Not standout crazy awesome, but a solid entry.

- Scout Ransack - alt mode looks fabulous, wild, totally cool as a villainous biplane. Transformation is fairly busy and really moves stuff around. Robot mode is skeletal on purpose, looks almost ghostly, pretty cool stuff and well articulated. A little flimsy tho, but not terribly so. Attack mode is nothing. May not be everybody's taste, but quite cool in my book.

Fun Fact: this morning, I was looking over Sideswipe's design in the comic book from botcon, and noticed in the art that the outline of the Corvette twin flags logo appears on his chest. And sure enough, that design is on the toy as well. Nice touch.

Tyrese! Woooooo!! :rolleyes:I believe my excitement when he came out was so palpable that I peed myself. Or I rolled my eyes just like that smilie you used.

JT, is Movie Lockdown a completely new mold or an attempt to repaint TFA Lockdown in a more realistic deco (could be disastrous if that's what it is)No, it's all new, it is similar but very different too, a "realistic" take on the face, mech-alive features,

Also, I take it that TFA Cybertron Ironhide is a repaint of TFA Cybertron Ratchet?Yeah, I hope that's in the article.

Tycho
06-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I want a Leader Class Blackout and / or LC Bonecrusher from the first movie.

(This is taking into account that the Leader Class Starscream is confirmed).

I think I will paint my Voyager Ironhide's eyes (from the first movie) myself (one day).

Voyager Ratchet (first movie) needs some firearms. Anyone know of any custom kits you can use to arm him?

Do you think the Robot Replicas Barricade with the blade weapons is in scale to Deluxe BumbleBee? Or did they make a Robot Replicas BumbleBee?

I don't like the idea of buying non-transforming Transformers - well not exactly.

Adam
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Do you think the Robot Replicas Barricade with the blade weapons is in scale to Deluxe BumbleBee? Or did they make a Robot Replicas BumbleBee?

They sure did.
http://tfu.info/2007/Autobot/RRBumblebee/bumblebee.htm

.....and I bet there will be one for the new line, if there already isn't.

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I picked up Voyager Starscream earlier today. I did not get one from the last movie, and this one looks pretty good from the online reviews, so I caved.

Tycho
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
This Starscream is a DIFFERENT and BETTER mold than the Voyager from the last movie. I bought it, too. Good choice.

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
This Starscream is a DIFFERENT and BETTER mold than the Voyager from the last movie. I bought it, too. Good choice.

That is what I had heard...plus I watched an online review of it on youtube and really liked what I saw.

JediTricks
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
So, it looks like Premium is dead. Tycho has been going on about not getting figures in case they do premium versions, now they're pointing to their Human Alliance figures as an alternative:

Can we expect to see a "Premium" figure series in the upcoming movie line similar to the line from the 2007 film?
At the moment, there are no plans to offer a premium series line. Rather than offering more new decos of existing molds, you can expect to see more new molds in the realistic movie styling than you did in Spring of 2008 following the first film.
http://tformers.com/transformers-hasbro-answers-your-burning-questions-part-iv/11707/news.html

I want a Leader Class Blackout and / or LC Bonecrusher from the first movie.They said no to Blackout. Bonecrusher isn't in the new film, seems even less likely they'll bother. Not like there's a ton of $45 figures in these lines. And none are secondary characters. So they know fans want 'em, but not enough broad demand to make it happen.

This Starscream is a DIFFERENT and BETTER mold than the Voyager from the last movie. I bought it, too. Good choice.If you don't mind the tattoos or the bigger hands and guns sticking out the back of the jet mode, or the gimmicks mentioned on the cardback that were cut.

El Chuxter
06-05-2009, 08:19 AM
I saw some yesterday. One was Demolisher. What mentally handicapped third grader with two fingers and a broken crayon is designing these things? This isn't a Transformer. This thing doesn't even qualify as a damn Go-Bot!

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I just opened my Sideways figure, and I must say that out of all the deluxe TF's I have purchased, he is definately my favorite. He has a few issues (some loose joints, etc) but overall he is a very cool figure. I would definately recommend him to anyone who is looking to pick one up.

Tycho
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
\

They said no to Blackout.

Did they say WHY?!!! Blackout was very visible in the first movie in two key scenes (the attack in Qatar and when Capt. Lennox took him out in Mission City). Also "Grindor" looks like the exact same thing - same kind of large helicopter. So who cares which one they make? I can pretend it's Blackout.

Bonecrusher isn't in the new film, seems even less likely they'll bother.

That doesn't mean a new Transformer wouldn't sell. It's a cool new toy regardless of when it appeared in a movie. I mean they sell a repaint of Jazz and call him Smokescreen. When was Smokescreen in a movie? (granted he was an established G1 character - but to especially NEW fans, Bonecrusher is an established movie character).

Not like there's a ton of $45 figures in these lines. And none are secondary characters. So they know fans want 'em, but not enough broad demand to make it happen.

Leader Class Brawl anyone?

If you don't mind the tattoos or the bigger hands and guns sticking out the back of the jet mode, or the gimmicks mentioned on the cardback that were cut.

Tattoos are less offensive than the major robot kibble with the first Starscream.

J&H, it's good to hear about SideWays.

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2009, 11:01 AM
I just opened Sideswipe, and he is way cool.

The only complaint I have is the chest panel keeps coming "unlocked" from the torso piece. I have him standing upright so its not a big deal really.

This is the only figure from ROTF that the mech alive things actually makes sense on...when you move his legs his battle armor (the blue pieces inside his legs) move.

Very cool figure and he looks cool fighting Sideways.

Adam
06-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Did they say WHY?!!! Blackout was very visible in the first movie in two key scenes (the attack in Qatar and when Capt. Lennox took him out in Mission City). Also "Grindor" looks like the exact same thing - same kind of large helicopter. So who cares which one they make? I can pretend it's Blackout.

They don't really need to, its pretty obvious. There's much less demand for the larger and more expensive figures, so they will typically be characters that are important ( Optimus Prime, Megatron) or characters that interact with important ones (Jetfire, Starscream). Blackout and Bonecrusher were just underlings, they won't get made in the leader scale. Each line only has about 4 to 5 leader figures any way, and one or two of those are almost always repaints. So really, the fact that the line just started and we already know theres going to be four new leader molds is pretty great.

And Grindor looks the same because he is the same mold. Not going to happen as a leader.

Tycho
06-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Well, he is a helicopter and THAT is different.

The one thing you didn't address, Adam, was that they made LC Brawl. And he is a tank, and that is different.

But to your other point, yes I too am very glad they are doing 4 LC figures Prime, Megatron, Jetfire, and Starscream.

However, last time, they did do 3: Prime, Megatron, and BRAWL.

I would think Blackout / Grindor would be most impressive because a helicopter is so different.

You have: a semi-truck, a Cybertronian jet, a tank, an F-22 Raptor, and an SR-71, when all is said and done. While cars would be too small (or a classic rock 'n roll band :D ) a helicopter is another great concept for a LC figure - and I think it would sell at the $45 pricepoint.

Another character (not yet in the movies) for the LC could be Astrotrain. A triple-changer leader-class would be incredible.

JediTricks
06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
On Ransack, this morning I figured out a much nicer attack mode, it's a Gerwalk mode and it looks great. Just do the attack mode wings and chest, fold the head in, fold the waist back, and bend the knees forward, it's swank.

Oh, and for regular bot mode, Ransack is packaged with the landing gear "wheels" folded up, they're on hinges, but the instructions don't mention this anywhere, they get in the way of the arms that way, and they allow the propeller to spin which looks bad and will lead to breakage. However, if you follow the instructions and leave them down, maybe fold them out a quarter inch for leg movement, they don't get in the way of the arms and they block the prop from spinning.

I'm reading DvD's reviews on the wave 1 scouts
http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/RotF/Scout1 (http://www.eyrie.org/%7Edvandom/BW/RotF/Scout1)

For Depthcharge, he mentions extra tabs to swing down the radar tower part way. In fact, the actual joint for those parts has another tab for the same thing. He feels it's not for attack mode, but I would disagree with that. While there could be a stable, flat foot made from this alternate position, the legs would have to stick WAY far forward to use it, to the point of instant instability. However, it also creates a flat surface for the boat hull and closes off the back, which is what the pontoon-like Attack Mode could use. So, an interesting find.

I saw some yesterday. One was Demolisher. What mentally handicapped third grader with two fingers and a broken crayon is designing these things? This isn't a Transformer. This thing doesn't even qualify as a damn Go-Bot!Yeah, that toy reeks of lazy design, I played with it at the show, it's small, light, low on parts, and boring as hell. And that's all before the ridiculous wheel design.

Did they say WHY?!!! Blackout was very visible in the first movie in two key scenes (the attack in Qatar and when Capt. Lennox took him out in Mission City). Also "Grindor" looks like the exact same thing - same kind of large helicopter. So who cares which one they make? I can pretend it's Blackout.They did not say way, but they did not really NEED to say why either. They made the toy they did, it wasn't a particularly good seller the first time around. Adam's post covers it.

Grindor is a straight repaint of Blackout. Judging on what I've heard, there won't be much of him in the film. Just not important or exciting enough to warrant a pricey toy.

That doesn't mean a new Transformer wouldn't sell. It's a cool new toy regardless of when it appeared in a movie. I mean they sell a repaint of Jazz and call him Smokescreen. When was Smokescreen in a movie? (granted he was an established G1 character - but to especially NEW fans, Bonecrusher is an established movie character).It's different when it's a $12 toy than a $45 toy.

Leader Class Brawl anyone?Sure, but Brawl has more battle scenes with the Autobots, and is the last big bad buy for the Autobots to defeat, Bumblebee nearly loses his life on that battle. And the tank scaled well to the deluxe cars, makes for a better ground battle than Bumbelbee vs Tiny Tank Man.

Plus, Leader Brawl fills the hole in expectations from crappy leader Megatron. Here, you get a mean-looking big tank into robot toy for $40, rather than a POS pointy thing that doesn't turn into anything but a rearrangement of parts.

I just opened Sideswipe, and he is way cool.

The only complaint I have is the chest panel keeps coming "unlocked" from the torso piece. I have him standing upright so its not a big deal really.I have heard others say that. On mine, the torso actually has a "false lock" feel to it where it's not fully seated and pegged in, so if I push the torso back in after completing bot mode, it stays well. Dunno if yours is like mine tho'.

Another character (not yet in the movies) for the LC could be Astrotrain. A triple-changer leader-class would be incredible.Oh man, I'd hate to see how badly they'd screw up that design. Astrotrain is one of the few G1 figures I own.

figrin bran
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
There's an ROTF sale this week at TRU.

Deluxes are 7.99. Not sure about other classes as I don't have the circular with me right now.

Edit - voyagers are 17.99.

Tycho
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks. I haven't opened mine yet and I'll do some cost-savings.

figrin bran
06-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I went to TRU to pick some deluxes for cost savings.

All that was left for deluxes were 3 Sideways. Just yesterday, pegs were full with Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Sideways, Brawl, Rampage, Skids.

Mvader91
06-08-2009, 02:10 AM
I went to TRU to pick some deluxes for cost savings.

All that was left for deluxes were 3 Sideways. Just yesterday, pegs were full with Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Sideways, Brawl, Rampage, Skids.
:thumbsup:Just take the ad from Toys R Us and Walmart will match those prices. Just bought all of them tonight, Including Soundwave and Smokescreen! They are the same price as star wars figs!

Tycho
06-08-2009, 02:34 AM
So if I already purchased these from Wal-Mart (and have my receipt), I can take the receipt and get back the difference that I overspent?

Obviously, I can just buy them again at TRU and return them to Wal-Mart with my receipt, but this does make for less work if Wal-Mart honors that.

Also, I can look at Wal-Mart's sale on Star Trek figures.

Tycho
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM
This morning I bought:

(To go with Human Alliance wave): Chromia and Wheelie.

(To go with Leader / some Voyager / Deluxe wave): Skids, Soundwave

I'm not altogether sure how all the scales will work out. I know it's not important to some people - they're just cool toys to those of you who appreciate them like that.

But scale is very important to me.

Mvader91
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
So if I already purchased these from Wal-Mart (and have my receipt), I can take the receipt and get back the difference that I overspent?

Obviously, I can just buy them again at TRU and return them to Wal-Mart with my receipt, but this does make for less work if Wal-Mart honors that.

Also, I can look at Wal-Mart's sale on Star Trek figures.
I don't know if they will do that? I just took the ad in and bought all of them and returned my others. It is a great savings of 4 dollars each.:thumbsup:

Tycho
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I bought the figures again at TRU for the savings and will return other items to Wal-Mart and Target.

Amazingly, I save $43 and change. That's like a FREE Leader Class figure!

But I spent that much anyway on a customized batting helmet for baseball - mine has to have the San Diego Padres logo on it. :rolleyes::D

OK so I worked my scenes out for how I'll display my new ROTF Transformers. No movie spoilers....

RE-EDITED

1) Mudflap / Skids Ice Cream Truck (deluxe combiner?), Del Knock Out, Del Sideways

3) Human Alliance BumbleBee (w. Sam), Human Alliance Skids (w. Mikaela), Deluxe Wheelie (unless they make a Legends Wheelie)

4) Leader Optimus Prime, Leader Jetfire, Leader Megatron, Leader Starscream (2010), Voyager Demolisher, Voyager Ironhide, Voyager Ratchet, Del BumbleBee, Del Skids, Del Mudflap, Del Sideswipe, Del Rampage, Leader Fallen (hopefully)

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I picked up Skids yesterday at Target. Haven't opened him yet.

Tycho
06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I want (released):

Leader Jetfire
Leader Starscream

Leader Fallen (not even rumored)

Voyager Long Haul
Voyager Mixmaster
Voyager Scrapper (not even rumored)
Deluxe Scavenger (not even rumored)

A combining Devastator with transforming individual parts made up of Deluxe figures. (Definitely not rumored)

Scout Wheelie (not even rumored)
Scout Arcee (not even rumored)
Scout Chromia (not even rumored)

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2009, 11:39 AM
There's no way I am buying that $100 Devastator set. Hasbro should have known better that collectors/fans would want a set that actually can transform.

Tycho
06-09-2009, 11:42 AM
They made that for the kids, supposedly... and / or because they didn't have time to figure out how to make the combiner work with respect to the movie release date. If you're buying the excuse at least.

I have the non-combining Constructicons figured out (unconfirmed):

Voyager Demolisher (lower body) - used to be a crane truck named Hook and formed the upper body
Voyager MixMaster (upper body) - used to be a leg
Deluxe Rampage (leg) -used to be an arm called BoneCrusher*
Deluxe Long Haul (leg) - used to be the lower body
Deluxe Scavenger (arm) always was an arm
Deluxe Scrapper (arm) - used to be a leg

*Rampage was a Predacon that turned into a Tiger.

In the first movie, they used the name Devastator for the Combaticon tank named Brawl. All the toys were packed with the name Brawl. Writers Orci and Kurtzman say that there will be an explanation after-the-fact (it was a subtitle mistake) in the new movie.

BoneCrusher was the name used by the mine-clearing vehicle (that destroys the bus in the first movie) whom Optimus Prime kills by beheading during the freeway battle.

figrin bran
06-09-2009, 11:19 PM
There's no way I am buying that $100 Devastator set. Hasbro should have known better that collectors/fans would want a set that actually can transform.

I doubt that any of us will be buying it and I can't imagine that parents will be all that keen on getting it for their kids when there are cheaper alternatives like the Leader class or Voyagers.

Then again, the Ultimate Bumblebee seemed to sell quite well. I expected those to go to clearance but they never did.

JediTricks
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM
There's an ROTF sale this week at TRU.

Deluxes are 7.99. Not sure about other classes as I don't have the circular with me right now.

Edit - voyagers are 17.99.Ugh, great sale, I can't believe I missed it.

This morning I bought:

(To go with Human Alliance wave): Chromia and Wheelie.Take 'em back, neither are remotely in scale with the Human Alliance figures. Wheelie is an R/C vehicle in the movie, tiny, the size of Sam's chest at most. And Chromia is oversized (and sucks pretty bad). Human Alliance Arcee is a smaller mold.

(To go with Leader / some Voyager / Deluxe wave): Skids, Soundwave

I'm not altogether sure how all the scales will work out. I know it's not important to some people - they're just cool toys to those of you who appreciate them like that.

But scale is very important to me.Soundwave scale is probably too small, he's seen attacking a satellite in the comic I gave you and I'd say he should be about 30% bigger.

Voyager DemolisherScale fail.

Del RampageScale also off, he's a much bigger vehicle in the movie.

Leader Fallen (hopefully)Highly unlikely.

Scout Wheelie (not even rumored)Your "Legends" call was much closer, but I don't remember seeing one.

Scout Arcee (not even rumored)The one with the Human Alliance Mikaela set should be around Scout size.

There's no way I am buying that $100 Devastator set. Hasbro should have known better that collectors/fans would want a set that actually can transform.They're trying to get the casual collector market and kids who don't know any better. The pricetag screws that up though.

They made that for the kids, supposedly... and / or because they didn't have time to figure out how to make the combiner work with respect to the movie release date. If you're buying the excuse at least.You're the only one with that "couldn't make it work in time" theory, that's been floated by nobody else, nobody at Hasbro. They said the designs, they worked on them, but the toys became too large for their classes and it hampered detail, nothing about timing making it work.

I doubt that any of us will be buying it and I can't imagine that parents will be all that keen on getting it for their kids when there are cheaper alternatives like the Leader class or Voyagers.

Then again, the Ultimate Bumblebee seemed to sell quite well. I expected those to go to clearance but they never did.Ultimate Bumblebee sold through initial orders, but slowed quickly and retailers simply didn't order more, it was a poor seller to Hasbro so we're seeing it again. :rolleyes:

I wish there were more tempting figures out right now. The only one I haven't bought yet that I'm really looking at is Dirt Boss, the forklift. I'm mildly tempted by Knock Out, the motorcycle, but really not enough to pull that trigger since there's a recolor coming that is a little less out there (KO's black elements are actually the problem, they don't fit the garish greens that go on a bike like this).

Tycho
06-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Who will be the Knock Out repaint? What color will they sport?

I bought Knock Out (a Scout) myself and am quite happy with it (unopened as of yet). I think it's possible that it matches up with the Deluxe class.

I wonder if they'll then do a Voyager Soundwave?

And yes, a Legends Wheelie would be perfect. But who knows if people will like Wheelie this time around or he'll get the reputation of JarJar in Star Wars?

I wonder if the Human Alliance Arcee is then a repaint of Knock Out, as that would be a great way for Hasbro to cut costs?

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if the folks with Hasbro's Transformers Team are just not that smart, or what? (as it relates to "the Devastator problem")

JetsAndHeels
06-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Ugh, great sale, I can't believe I missed it.

I don't think you missed it.....the TRU I went to on Sunday said it was on for a week, so you have a few days left.

I am currently looking for the Target exclusive Superion set. Target's website says that my local store has it (although I have yet to see any on the shelves), so I may have to resort to using the DCPI #.

UPDATE:
I just went to my local Target and was able to pick up a Superion. The associate working nearby was able to use the DCPI# I gave her and went to the back to get me one. If anyone else needs the DCPI#, it is 087-060-146.

Tycho
06-11-2009, 12:30 AM
I've never seen Superion. I was in Target's toy section today as a matter of fact.

So I returned all my Transformers from ROTF to Wal-Mart and Target now, but picked up everything I need from Toys R Us on sale and saved $43 or more on the lot of them that I'm keeping.

I took JT's advice and returned Del Wheelie and Del Chromia.

I still have Del. Soundwave and I might want to keep him or I might not. He doesn't seem to do much in the story but float in space and cut off every world government's communications. Heck, we've had public officials that could do that.*

*I've read the entire movie adaptation in comic book form now.

Ji'dai
06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Anyone pick up a few bags of M&M's with TF packaging? The peanut ones were completely gone in the Targets I went to over the weekend. And I saw a new flavor that I'll probably avoid - strawberry peanut butter.

figrin bran
06-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Anyone pick up a few bags of M&M's with TF packaging? The peanut ones were completely gone in the Targets I went to over the weekend. And I saw a new flavor that I'll probably avoid - strawberry peanut butter.

The strawberry peanut butter is not that bad actually. There's some sort of mail away offer for a M&M's dispenser. I don't have the link right now but if anyone's interested I can try to find it.

Tycho
06-12-2009, 03:03 AM
I just opened Leader Class Optimus Prime!

Geeezze he's perfect! I haven't transformed him. Maybe I won't. I want to keep him as (loose) mint as possible. But he definitely blows the previous movie LC Prime figure away by miles!

His arms and legs are well articulated though he doesn't turn at the waist. But his spring out enegeron blades are awesome!

In other news, apparently Deluxe Mudflap, Deluxe Ravage, Deluxe Cannons BumbleBee, and Deluxe Interrogation Barricade are hitting Target on the east coast already (this is Deluxe wave 3).

Preview...............wave 1...................wave 2.....................wave 3

Soundwave.........Rampage.................Wheelie. ....................Ravage
BumbleBee..........Sideways.................Chromi a....................BumbleBee
........................SideSwipe................S kids........................Mudflap
........................BumbleBee................B rawl.......................Barricade
........................Breakaway................. .............................................
........................Soundwave

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Unless you really want that LC Prime in truck mode, I would suggest you do not transform him....it is tough, VERY tough. When I transformed mine it took over an hour to get it right. Every peg, every tab, every little nook and cranny..they all have to be in the exact spot for it to work.

I agree however, this LC Prime is da bomb!!

I have been on the lookout for wave 3 deluxe (and I want a Voyager Megs too) but have not seen any as of yet.

I am going to Charlotte next weekend for Heroes Con, so hopefully I will be able to spot some stuff while in that area.

Adam
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
So for those wondering what the heck Ravage transforms into, the deluxe Soundwave apparently has a Ravage missle that shoots out from behind his head.. wacky.

JediTricks
06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Who will be the Knock Out repaint? What color will they sport?Reverb:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37647
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37646

I wonder if the Human Alliance Arcee is then a repaint of Knock Out, as that would be a great way for Hasbro to cut costs?Wouldn't work, Arcee is a totally different robot.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if the folks with Hasbro's Transformers Team are just not that smart, or what? (as it relates to "the Devastator problem")When you see more movie footage, you might agree that the way Dev combines in the film wouldn't make it possible to do in even Voyager class, it likely wouldn't be very stable (you'll see what I mean), and nobody's buying 6 or 7 Leaders to make this big ape.

I don't think you missed it.....the TRU I went to on Sunday said it was on for a week, so you have a few days left.I missed it because I am having downtime from a wisdom tooth extraction and had a TON of stuff going on before that.

I took JT's advice and returned Del Wheelie and Del Chromia.You won't regret Chromia, not just scale but it's a really underwhelming robot toy. I'll bring mine to SDCC if you absolutely need to experience it.

I still have Del. Soundwave and I might want to keep him or I might not. He doesn't seem to do much in the story but float in space and cut off every world government's communications. Heck, we've had public officials that could do that.*

*I've read the entire movie adaptation in comic book form now.That thing I brought you is only the first 3rd of the movie, so don't base it just on that. I believe Soundwave also has a truck mode when he lands on Earth.

So for those wondering what the heck Ravage transforms into, the deluxe Soundwave apparently has a Ravage missle that shoots out from behind his head.. wacky.It's not that wacky really. Ravage's alt mode is a "lander" mode like the protoform OP and Starscream preview figures from the first movie. Soundwave fires Ravage down to Earth after intercepting a key piece of intel from a satellite he's jacked, hence the oddball Ravage missile idea.

Tycho
06-13-2009, 11:05 PM
That thing I brought you is only the first 3rd of the movie, so don't base it just on that. I believe Soundwave also has a truck mode when he lands on Earth.

I know. I went to my comic book store (they sell other items besides Star Wars but I never noticed before ;) ) and I purchased the other 3 issues to complete the entire movie adaptation story.

Adam
06-14-2009, 11:47 AM
No, its pretty wacky.

figrin bran
06-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I saw ROTF Skywarp and Ramjet at Walmart this morning...Was tempted for a minute by Ramjet but ultimately decided not to get it. The Raptor looks pretty good in the Ramjet paint scheme but I still don't like the bot mode and I don't like the $27 price tag either.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I saw ROTF Skywarp and Ramjet at Walmart this morning...Was tempted for a minute by Ramjet but ultimately decided not to get it. The Raptor looks pretty good in the Ramjet paint scheme but I still don't like the bot mode and I don't like the $27 price tag either.

I will probably get Skywarp.

What I am looking for right now (since I finally scored Superion) is Human Alliance Bumblebee and Voyager Megs....also Ravage from wave 3.

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Strike one of those off my list...

Hit up WalMart today and scored Skywarp.

Now I am on the hunt for the HA Bumblebee and the wave 3 deluxe Ravage.

Tycho
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Human Alliance assortments aren't out yet, are they?

And I have not heard of Wave 3 Deluxe hitting California.

You're lucky JetsAndHeels.

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Human Alliance assortments aren't out yet, are they?

According to a couple of online TF sites, they have been spotted in places like Kmart, etc. I have not checked my local store yet so I do not know if they are there or not.

And I have not heard of Wave 3 Deluxe hitting California.

That surprises me. You folks on the west coast usually get things before us.

You're lucky JetsAndHeels.

Why? Is it because I found Skywarp? I thought those were easy to find.

Tycho
06-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Why? [is JetsAndHeels lucky?] Is it because I found Skywarp? I thought those were easy to find.

No. I don't care about Skywarp (I returned Voyager Starscream in light of there being a Leader Class for X-mas or early next year). But if you get the Human Alliance set with BumbleBee and Sam - or others in that assortment, plus Deluxe Ravage, Mudflap, the new BumbleBee (with front car-mode cannons) and so forth - those will be really nice.

BTW: I have the Masterpiece Skywarp from Japan, so it's not the character that I don't care about - just a repaint of the Voyager Starscream.

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2009, 04:31 PM
BTW: I have the Masterpiece Skywarp from Japan, so it's not the character that I don't care about - just a repaint of the Voyager Starscream.

Thanks for raining on my parade there buddy. :)

It's actually using the 07 Starscream mold; I did not buy a Starscream in 07, so its all good.

I haven't found a HA Bumblebee yet, just hunting for one. If I happen to see one at KMart, I might cave. The reviews of it are very good, as are most with Ravage.

Tycho
06-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Didn't mean to rain on your parade. Just talk about the San Diego Padres if you want to get me back ;) (but please send me sone "uppers" first *sigh*)

We have a Sears Essentials across the street. I think I'll take a little walk and check out what's in their toy section.

JediTricks
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Human Alliance assortments aren't out yet, are they?There have been a small number of HA BB sets found.

Thanks for raining on my parade there buddy. :)

It's actually using the 07 Starscream mold; I did not buy a Starscream in 07, so its all good.It's using the 07 Screamer mold with the alternate head at least, and I think the Skywarp coloring on that mold looks pretty decent. I wouldn't bother buying a second one myself though, I have regular Starscream and it's not a fantastic mold enough to buy a repaint with a new head.

figrin bran
06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Didn't mean to rain on your parade. Just talk about the San Diego Padres if you want to get me back ;) (but please send me sone "uppers" first *sigh*)

We have a Sears Essentials across the street. I think I'll take a little walk and check out what's in their toy section.

It's time to trade Peavy! :p

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
The toys have been out for a few weeks now, and if I had to choose one out of each class (deluxe, voyager, leader, legends, scout) that I like the most it would go as follows:

Deluxe-Sideswipe

There is something about this figure that I just can't get enough of. I am more of a Decepticons type guy, but this dude is pure fun. The transformation isn't a chore, the blades on his arms are fun to play with, and he just looks damn cool.

Voyager-Starscream

I did not buy Starscream in 2007, and based on all the reviews I have read I made the wise decision to wait for this new version. He is very cool both in his F-22 Raptor mode and in his bot mode. I dig the new markings/tattoos he has, plus the "mech alive" feature for him actually does something significant...I really like how the gears turn when you move his head in bot mode.

Leader-Optimus Prime

Man, what an awesome, awesome toy!! Transforming him to truck mode was very difficult, but even after an hour plus of time I did not regret doing it. He has 2 buttons on his back in truck mode that enable truck sounds, plus in bot mode he has the "I am Optimus Prime" dialogue (which I heard a gazillion times during the painstaking process of transforming him). He just looks awesome in bot mode....plus the flip out blades on both his arms are a nice touch.

Legends-Optimus Prime

I like all the Legends class so far, but the thing I like most about Optimus is Jetfire attaches to him to emulate some type of battle mode they take on during the movie.

Scout-Dead End

It could be any of them, honestly. I was going to list Ransack as my favorite, but I just like Dead End because he is a sleek looking little car and he is a decepticon.

Tycho
06-18-2009, 03:22 AM
I didn't ask YOU, Figrin, ;) about Peavy (I went to the game tonight, but I'll post about that in the "biesbol thread" in Gen. Disc.)

Next, I found nothing at Sears Essentials (standing in place of K-Mart out here by me). They did have the Han Stormtrooper figure and their Indiana Jones figures (the whole 2 of them they had left) were 4 dollars each.

JetsAndHeels:

SideSwipe is awesome. I haven't opened mine but I saw JediTricks.' That's a great call.

Starscream I may have to buy. I just found The Fallen at Wal-Mart tonight. He's a cool looking Voyager class robot, but transforming him into another stupid Cybertronian jet like last movie's Megatron looks to be pretty lacking. If I don't return The Fallen, I may have to get Voyager Prime and Voyager Megatron (when that comes out), and I may have another excuse to pick up Voyager Starscream again (but according to JediTricks, the Leader Class version of Screamer will be so worth waiting for).

As far as the Scouts, I have to go with Ransack. Again I saw JT's and loved that guy - and a bi-plane straight out of a museum. When do we ever get Transformers like that? Dead End may as well be a Go-Bot. Reminds me of Turbo.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Went to Target earlier today to get the first season of G1 on dvd and stopped by the toy aisle. To my delight there was an endcap with a couple of Mixmasters and a Voyager Megs. I snagged the Megs, left the Mixmaster for another day.

Tycho
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I would have bought MixMaster first, but that's just me.

Like I said, I might need the Voyager Megatron, Prime, and Starscream - but they'll be readily available is my guess.

I don't think I'll see a Fallen Leader Class.

JediTricks
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
plus in bot mode he has the "I am Optimus Prime" dialogue (which I heard a gazillion times during the painstaking process of transforming him). I have heard that complaint in a few other reviews, so I am thinking it's a clearcut issue.

Scout-Dead End

It could be any of them, honestly. I was going to list Ransack as my favorite, but I just like Dead End because he is a sleek looking little car and he is a decepticon.There's something chibi about his alt mode which doesn't work for me, I don't usually dig chibi. But I do like the mold, it's just that DE's colors don't work for me, specifically the shiny black cockpit and garish orange wheels put me off. I would have bought him anyway, but at Botcon they had the inevitable repaint and it looks way better, the vehicle is blue and the cockpit is gray and the wheels silver. If there's a sale on basics tho', I'll buy him for a buck fifty or more off.

Starscream I may have to buy. I just found The Fallen at Wal-Mart tonight. He's a cool looking Voyager class robot, but transforming him into another stupid Cybertronian jet like last movie's Megatron looks to be pretty lacking. If I don't return The Fallen, I may have to get Voyager Prime and Voyager Megatron (when that comes out), and I may have another excuse to pick up Voyager Starscream again (but according to JediTricks, the Leader Class version of Screamer will be so worth waiting for).It doesn't look to me like The Fallen is as big a guy in the movie as Megs or OP, he looks a bit smaller. And I have been told he's not actually a Transformer in the story, he's of a machine race that doesn't transform.

You should try to make it to the SDCC TF panel, they'll hopefully have more images or the same images of leader Screamer.

Agreed with your point about Ransack, great little figure. The funny thing is, I own 2, the other is Depthcharge, and I like him too, but Ransack has so much personality.

Went to Target earlier today to get the first season of G1 on dvd and stopped by the toy aisle. To my delight there was an endcap with a couple of Mixmasters and a Voyager Megs. I snagged the Megs, left the Mixmaster for another day.Crap this stuff is coming out fast. Thoughts on Voyager Megs? I am considering getting him but am on the fence due mainly to his greenish color and the fact that the Leader-class looks a'ight too. Of course, I could just get each, have Voy Megs go up against movie 1 Voy Prime.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Thoughts on Voyager Megs?

I haven't opened him yet.....will let you know after I open him.

Tycho
06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I have some information about The Fallen that I gleaned from reading the entire movie adaptation to comic book. I can relate that here if no one objects.

It leads me to believe that The Fallen should be at least the size of Megatron or Prime. (Megatron is supposed to be bigger than Prime).

And The Fallen IS DEFINITELY a Cybertronian (aka Transformer).

Mvader91
06-19-2009, 01:36 AM
:thumbsup:The Fallen looks pretty awesome. I picked up two one for display and one loose. Picked up skids,DesertBrawl,Wheelie, and Chromia tonight. Wheelie is probably my least favorite. In Deluxe mode he isn't scale.

Adam
06-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Well, we kinda knew the Fallen was Cybertronian already, since Hasbro decided that he is a "multiversal singularity", meaning that the Fallen in the movie is the same one from the Dreamwave comic that introduced him as one of the original thirteen.

clone157
06-19-2009, 07:20 PM
So which Jetfire connects with which Optimus?

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2009, 08:50 PM
So which Jetfire connects with which Optimus?

The Legends class Jetfire combines with the Legends class Optimus.

Today I picked up deluxe Mudflap and animated Shockwave. Hope to find Ravage tomorrow, as I am in Charlotte for Heroes Con.

Tycho
06-20-2009, 12:37 AM
SPOILERS
===OK, since the spoiler's sort of out of the bag now with "the original 13," The Fallen was "a Prime," who wanted the power of the AllSpark and the Star Harvester (that implodes stars and collects energon from them) so he turned to evil and murdered the other Primes, except for a "junior" who was hidden away (naturally, that junior was Optimus when he was only a Tonka truck or Matchbox size?) Anyway, Primes have special abilities and powers. Apparently, Megatron was duped by this evil Prime (is this sort of like the Nemesis Prime thing?) and he became an agent of The Fallen who is his master. Megatron dreams of becoming a Prime himself and probably deposing The Fallen so he can rule all on his own.

Optimus only seems weaker than Megatron because he is younger and less experienced, but young Prime will only get stronger with every Autobot victory.===

Meanwhile, I opened Voyager DEMOLISHER. Contrary to others here, I think he's pretty cool. I think I like the fact that his being a wheelbot kind of makes him unique and more alien.

Adam
06-20-2009, 01:39 AM
===When you say he murdered the other Prime's, do you mean the rest of the original 13 or just some random Prime's that came later?===

Tycho
06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
===When you say he murdered the other Prime's, do you mean the rest of the original 13 or just some random Prime's that came later?===

===The rest of the original 12 - according to the story.

Optimus Prime may very well be the 13th. Apparently, he was so young at the time that he doesn't even fully understand all this, and while they're fighting each other, Megatron explains some of it to him - and says, "If he (Optimus Prime) doesn't know this, he's not worthy to lead Cybertron."

So there might be 11/12 dead, with The Fallen being the 12th, and Optimus being the 13th and not exactly understanding that until the timeframe of this movie.===

That's OK because apparently SideSwipe doesn't understand the speed limit :D

JediTricks
06-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Ok, that was way too much spoilerism. A light discussion is one thing, but you took it too far.

Picked up a couple figures. Knock Out:
Knock Out - black & green motorcycle. Bike mode is a lesson in the frustration of "alllllmmmmost". Some good ideas, I love the grips forming the speedometer for example, but there are a few design flaws. Rear forks are locked into the wrong angle making the bike too low and stretched out, a few degrees different and it would have looked fine. The front wheel doesn't lock down, so it changes its angle easily from lower to higher (however, they designed it so the figure can turn his wheel which is cool). They sculpted brake rotors and calipers, but the rear wheel is designed with the halves on the wrong side, so the caliper ends up hidden behind the drive chain gear where it cannot be seen, and the right side ends up without a rotor looking thin and empty (the caliper is part of the fork and still waiting for the rotor) - this could be fixed with a pin-tap, but the area is VERY hard to work with because it's at the end of the arm and has little support. Finally, while they were going for a garish color scheme, it doesn't deliver, the black and dark greens don't really look good here.

Transformation is fairly bike-basic, has a cute touch with the faring becoming chest halves, but otherwise it's standard stuff. I do like how the feet become the intercooler in bike mode though, great touch. The majority of the cowling ends up as kibble on the sides of the legs, and pops off very easily (it appears to be designed intentionally that way). There's frustration in how the waist and legs transform back to alt mode, in that nobody bothered to sculpt a stop for where it goes, it's very easy to go right past the proper location which is only about 2/3rds of the way through the leg range, and nothing locks down until it's found its place first.

Bot mode is also basic stuff. There are a few touches of movie, like the digitigrade (chicken) ankles; and the upper thighs actually go a little skeletal to suggest the minimal materials to work with in the motorcycle, but that concept isn't carried through anywhere else, and they're hidden by the kibble panels which pop off easily. The head is stubby, slightly insect-mouthy, and Wolverine-mask shaped, it ends up low on detail and personality. The chest with faring halves looks strong from lower angles and gappy from upper ones. The front wheel rotates about 60 degrees to semi-fold-up against the back (there is a block in place so it won't rotate beyond this, or 30 degrees the opposite way, not sure why they care). The paint is kinda sloppy and thick, the black plastic hides some of the few finer details. Rear wheel halves end up as Energon Arcee-esque shoulder kibble, but at least it can be folded back or horizontal, and they sculpted a little fan blade action in there so he can be hover-man. The side kibble comes off and tabs into slots above the front wheel to become Kickback-style wings, which really are just more kibble in my book. Left arm has a hand, right arm is a gun hollow behind the barrel (I HATE HOLLOW GUNS!), and the barrel is painted titanium-champagne which is why I chose this over the upcoming Reverb repaint which leaves this unpainted. Aside from the Autobot logo on his chest, everything about this figure says "Decepticon". There's a significant design flaw with the waist, it tabs into the lower torso but nothing holds it there, so it's inevitable that he'll end up separating here with any handling. The shoulder plates also pop out when moving the the arm articulation, but not as bad as the waist failure.

Articulation is a lot of ball joints, many limited. Head is super limited ball joint, shoulders a very limited ball joint, hover-fan-wheel-halves on a ball joint, elbows on a ball joint, hips on semi-limited ball joints , kees on a ball joint, and the low digitgrade ankles are on a hinge. A lot of the joints are loose, shoulders are loose, hips are VERY loose, ankles are loose; yet the elbows are so tight they cause problems for the shoulder transformation plates. The loose joints do allow him to stand on his own, just barely though, and posing makes this worse. Between the loose joints and limited articulation, he's a rough one to pose.

Knock Out slightly disappoints at every turn due to lazy design, underwhelming deco, and a myriad of loose joints. He feels like a basic Basic, if you know what I mean, fair detail but nowhere near enough, overused transformation, not enough new ideas or fresh takes on existing ideas, and a bit too much kibble. The Insecticon notes feel vague and well out of place on an Autobot, although the sculpt and colors fit Insecticon far better than they do Autobot. Bottom line, too much "almost", not enough "yeah!", it's not a terrible figure but it's hardly inspiring either.

Part of me wants to tap out those pins and fix the rear wheel situation, carve away the stop-block on the front wheel for a flat back, and work on those ball joints. Another part of me wants to return it for my $8 back due to the assembly design mistake.
After I wrote that, this afternoon I did try those customizations. Unfortunately, Knock Out lived up to his name, as I knocked the wheel hub partway off the left wheel half, so that's an $8 mistake. The pins look incredibly difficult to pull because there is not enough surrounding area to brace the rest of the toy area against for tapping the pin out. The only other alternative is the soldering gun trick, which I've never used before, and I don't trust myself around fire. However, I figured I'd make the other changes I was going to, and just swap out the new bike's replacement part once I buy it. First I cut down the unbroken rear fork arm's rear block so that the fork now angles properly, it was a tight area so I did most of the work on the fingernail grinder, but it worked, and from the left side anyway the bike looks much better with a slight change in fork ankle (this right fork half is not going back on the bike anyway, so I left it off). Then I cut off the block which keeps the front wheel from turning 180 degrees, the wheel is on a plastic peg that nicely pops out, making cutting a breeze, and I finished it with the nail grinder. Now the figure can have a middle hover-fan that folds flat against the back (it sticks out as much as before, but looks even), I didn't like the angle they chose for it with that block.

The other figure I picked up was after I saw the "unofficial but clearly designed that way" photo of this guy, Sideways:
Alt mode:
Sideways is basically an Audi R8, the wide, low-slung budget rocket that sports a Lamborghini engine for under $120k. However, the changes due to not being licensed include moving the air inlets from the doors back to the fender, altering the carbon-fiber B-pillar, and hamper the look of the headlights and inlets below them, all of which the R8 gets its sportiest looks, leaving this car still looking like an Audi, but now a little too much like a less-exciting one. The nose of the car seems a little stretched to me, and slightly raised, but this is more about comparisons to the source material. The back window over the engine is also dropped from the round shape to a shelf, but this isn't a hit to its sporty looks. The paint is a dark gunmetal with black accents, unfortunately the toy relies heavily on paint and many of the samples I've seen at the stores have notably scratched paint on the roof and hood. The windows are translucent magenta (although I believe at least some are painted that color rather than naturally so), the headlamps clear. The vehicle mode is generally solid, it's lightweight but doesn't feel cheap, and there is no kibble to speak of, although there are a few seam lines showing - nothing drastic though. The underside has some kibble which just hits the ground, you can barely roll the car on all 4 wheels. It's a decent sportscar mode, although the changes keep it from being as cool as the real R8, and it's one of those cars that looks more exciting from ground level than above.

Transformation:
It starts with an automorph that's fun and effective, although not always consistent. Push in the grill and the lower torso springs down while the front wheels fold in. I really like that these springs are strong and confident, yet leaves the parts still confident in alt mode as well - I hate saggy wheels. From there it's taking apart panels and folding out parts. I find the official method frustrating and leading to possible breakage, the doors simply don't want to leg go of the rear fenders, while folding up the rear panels and then pulling out the legs to start makes a much easier transition. The official instructions are also dead wrong about how the backpack forms to the figure, it says to fold it all the way to the top, yet there are tabs and slots partway through which lines the rear end up with the chest and looks significantly better. The same instructions also neglect folding up the triangular panels at the back of the hood, even though these give the neck-collar some much-needed context . Getting it back to alt mode isn't too bad, but the rear end and arms don't feel like they have a specific area to go at first, it requires actually finding those spots where they do get locked down to finish the job.

Bot mode:
Sideways ends up only really using the hood, front wheels, and rear wheels and fenders for his robot mode. From the side, there are a few gaps, but he gets away with it pretty darn well and does have a core. The rest of the car is kibble, though if you put the backpack onto the slots, it feels a lot more "whole" and less like kibble. Although some similarities to Barricade in the larger sense exist, up close this figure is more its own man, though one could easily believe this was Barricade upgrading to a different alt mode. The figure adds a lot more red and black to the mix, the black looks fine if a little boring, the red is very boring and toyetic but hardly a dealbreaker and would probably look good with a black paint wash. Sideswipe is fairly tall, though the various wings add even more. He's also wide at the hips and shoulders, but doesn't look like a bruiser. His legs are thin and digitigrade, officially they use the rear wheels as the majority of the foot with a tiny front foot, and this works pretty darn well, there are tabs to keep the wheels from rolling, and the front feet stabilize balance. The rear fenders fly off the wheel-feet at an angle, since he's a "courier", this suggests winged boots a la the roman god Mercury. However, the small front feet can also be used as the only foot, and if you unpeg the rear fenders you get an extra mid-leg point of articulation that raises him up even taller and makes the legs more "normal", but then he's standing on tiny feet (which in the movie universe is hardly "out there"), it works but isn't as stable with them dainty feet. The head is basically another movie Decepticon, but has slightly more recognizable features, some gunmetal paint accents, and light-piped magenta eyes that really come through great. The head is on a collar, it's a bit of a cheat but with the backpack folded down and the rear corners of the hood folded up, it looks fine (the more you angle the chest down, the better it looks, and the more you look at it straight on, the worse). He's got 2 sets of wings, the windows and sills create Kickback-style wings that can be moved a little, and the doors are wings on the shoulders which have enough articulation to be moved around to a lot of different orientations. He's got a good amount of sculpted detail, I especially like how the front fenders pulled away from the torso as far as they'll go reveal more stuff and give the figure a narrower chest. The figure's arms are pretty thick, they house the Mech Alive gimmick and clearly were going to house a BETTER iteration of the gimmick before Hasbro got cheap and neutered it. As it exists now, moving the elbow turns a piston inside the bicep (which I do like) and slowly turns a greeble just above the elbow. However, the free-spinning faux-wheel and saw on the forearms reek of "turn the greeble to spin the saw", which would have been WAY cooler than having the saw and faux-wheel spin freely. The black arms could have used some color as well, especially the black saw blade, and why only 1 hand got a true thumb is beyond me.

Articulation:
Well articulated in the upper body with lots going on and very little kibble or hindrances, the head can barely look up and the doors and front fenders occasionally get in the way of some arm poses, but that's about it. The lower body has ok articulation, the hips do most of that, with only hinged knees doing anything else (the tiny front foot is ball-jointed, but using the wheel as the majority of the foot, it's not as usable). The leg articulation isn't a drawback for posing though, as it basically covers everything a human leg can do (the upper thigh swivel comes in handy); on mine the left hip ball joint is loose though. If you can find the balance points then the waist, knee, toe, and hip articulation can get this figure into some really extreme poses, I have mine leaning waaaay forward like he's running or skating, and yet it's quite stable.

Overall: B+
Likable, exciting, fun, and well detailed. Poseability is very good once you understand the balance points with the feet and digitigrade knees, and it certainly pulls off wheel-feet better than most. It manages its kibble pretty well, but it is largely a shellformer. Deco is good but could be better, especially the red plastic, and the gunmetal paint seems to be easy to scratch. The mech alive gimmick is sleepy and obviously had something more exciting in mind, so it feels like a lost opportunity, but isn't a major drawback.

I definitely will be buying dlx Dead End when he comes out and won't feel bad about owning this mold twice.
And a little while later today, I took photos of the pose I deem awesome, you can check 'em out here:
http://www.tfviews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8155#p8155

I haven't opened him yet.....will let you know after I open him.Cool, thanks, don't forget. :p

I have some information about The Fallen that I gleaned from reading the entire movie adaptation to comic book. I can relate that here if no one objects.

It leads me to believe that The Fallen should be at least the size of Megatron or Prime. (Megatron is supposed to be bigger than Prime).

And The Fallen IS DEFINITELY a Cybertronian (aka Transformer).I never said he wasn't a Cybertronian, just that I had heared in-movie context he didn't transform.

:thumbsup:The Fallen looks pretty awesome. I picked up two one for display and one loose. Picked up skids,DesertBrawl,Wheelie, and Chromia tonight. Wheelie is probably my least favorite. In Deluxe mode he isn't scale.Man, Wheelie is a HORRIBLE pegwarmer at my local Target. That figure is way over-shipping.

Don't forget, Target has an exclusive red "on fire" repaint of the Voyager The Fallen in November:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37794
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=37793

Well, we kinda knew the Fallen was Cybertronian already, since Hasbro decided that he is a "multiversal singularity", meaning that the Fallen in the movie is the same one from the Dreamwave comic that introduced him as one of the original thirteen.Ugh, I hadn't heard he was deemed that, that's really bad. It means there's a risk Pat Lee is getting recognition or payment. :p Kind of a goofy concept to make him the same guy across all the multiple TF universes that use him.

So which Jetfire connects with which Optimus?Besides the Legends Tycho mentioned, Leader-class Jetfire combines with Leader-class Optimus.

Tycho
06-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Tonight I got

Deluxe:

Ravage
BumbleBee w. cannons
Mudflap

Voyager:

MixMaster

Wal-Mart had Del Interrogator Barricade and Voy Megatron, but I left them alone.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2009, 03:52 PM
JediTricks, I opened Voyager Megs earlier this afternoon. Here are my thoughts:

I really like him. He is not a perfect toy by any means, but for the Voyager pricepoint, he really works. The thing I like most about him (and this is just something I like personally) is his green and silver fading. The coloring on him makes his details really stand out.

As far as transformation, it was fairly easy. I had a little bit of trouble getting him back into tank mode because a couple of the tabs on his legs were tough to line up, but it wasn't time consuming at all.

There is some kibble on his back when you have him in robot mode. The wings from tank mode fold back, so they are exposed back there when you have him standing up. That is only noticable when you have him posed to the side though, so its not an issue.

For a Voyager toy, his proportions are very good, and his gimmicks don't really get in the way. This helps to make for better posing as well.

Overall I would give it an 8 out of 10.

And I had a nice haul today. Picked up Mixmaster and Human Alliance Bumblebee.

Tycho
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Darn it! I want those Human Alliance figures! Which store got them in JetsAndHeels?

Was BumbleBee the only one to ship in the first assortment?

I head there will at least be Barricade (w. Frenzy), SideSwipe (w. Epps), and Mudflap and Arcee (w. Mikaela).

They should make Ironhide (w. Lennox) and Skids (w. Simmons) too - and maybe Rampage (w. a movie spoiler character) so there will be another Decepticon.

Speaking of Decepticons, they could also do Sideways (w. Alice).

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I got the HA Bumblebee at KMart, Tycho.

Check your local store, as I got mine on sale for $29 and some change.

And yes, Bumblebee was the first HA figure to ship...there will be more later.

Tycho
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I'll have to take a drive to find a K-Mart. They are all Sears Essentials these days (around here).

I wonder if Sears and K-Mart are carrying the same product line-up?

I walked across the street to my Sears Essentials and didn't find the Human Alliance assortment. They had all the rest, but the case refreshers weren't as current as Wal-Mart's.

UPDATE: I opened Leader Class Megatron. He is awesome dude!

He IS supposed to have one miniature arm because he's rebuilt using parts of other dead Decepticons. I think his mini-arm was Brawl's originally. It might tie in with the movie continuity saying the tank was indeed Devastator, and now Devastator is the merged Constructicons. They wrote in the correction for that into the ROTF story Roberto Orci recently said on TFW2005.

2ND UPDATE: I opened Deluxe Ravage and New Cannons Deluxe BumbleBee.

Part of BumbleBee transforms a little different: his midsection and arms. I thought the last time around, BumbleBee was one of the greatest Transformers. Hasbro managed to top it with the sculpt and final robot form on this figure, although the roof forming the arms on the earlier BumbleBee gives cause for Hasbro to get tons of props for the last figure.

Ravage comes in panther mode. I don't know why I'd ever want to transform him into the space capsule mode. He is very poseable and looks awesome, not to mention he has this snapping jaws feature activated by a button on his back which makes his jaws and teeth flash sort of like the aliens in Sigourney Weaver's films.

I've been very happy with the Transformers movie figures I've bought which is surprising since I started back into this toy line with Alternators and Masterpieces, and generally want to stick with that kind of quality.

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2009, 09:57 AM
I hope to pick up that Ravage today, as I have heard reports that he is at a nearby WM (well, an hour or so nearby).

I just opened Mixmaster....pretty cool toy!!

Mudflap is okay too, not great, but decent.

figrin bran
06-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I saw some coupons affixed to the side of the Target Transformers endcap yesterday. Or "Power Coupons" as Target is calling them. They're good until 7/11 and will give you 10% off of 2 Transformer toys or 15% off of 3 or 20% off of 4.

Tycho
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Dang. I might have to play switch-a-roo again to get the bargains.

Let's see. The latest 4 I got were MixMaster, Mudflap, Ravage, and BumbleBee - but I think I can add The Fallen in to that list.

And I'll have to check my receipts to see if I could still save on Skids and Soundwave.

An end result from this might be I save enough to get the 2 extra Obi-Wan Kenobis I needed from Clone Wars for FREE.

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I got Ravage today. I now have everything I want, until the new Scouts and Deluxes (wave 4) start showing up.

Tycho
06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I just found Human Alliance BumbleBee at Sears Essentials (what was K-Mart out here).

I'm going to open him up and check it out later.

Mvader91
06-22-2009, 09:35 PM
:thumbsup:Saw Revenge of the Fallen tonight, It was awesome!!!!

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I just found Human Alliance BumbleBee at Sears Essentials (what was K-Mart out here).

Congrats Tycho. I know you had been wanting that one pretty bad.

Mvader91, how were the fight scenes? Was it hard to tell who was fighting who in some spots, like in the first movie?

Tycho
06-22-2009, 11:29 PM
What JetsAndHeels asked above, AND how the heck did you see it tonight?

AND UPDATE ON HUMAN ALLIANCE BUMBLEBEE!

I wish the Camaro had rubber tires like Alternators did.

This car is exactly Alternators' size!!! (Finally an Alternator Camaro!!!)

Sam is well-painted and very highly articulated for such a little figure. He can very well drive other Alternator cars, too.

Another thing is that he stands very well on his own. A good action figure.

WOW! I JUST TRANSFORMED BUMBLEBEE!

This is the best TFormer I've purchased since Masterpiece Optimus Prime!!! (that's the highest possible praise coming from me).

His robot mode is larger than an Alternator and BumbleBee has all sorts of hidden pop-out weapons. His protective face mask also moves into position to guard him from shots to the head.

Overall, this set is well worth the money and I cannot wait for more Human Alliance products (Barricade and Frenzy from the first movie should be terrific!).

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2009, 01:57 PM
My local Family Dollar had the legends 2 packs from the first movie for $5 each.

I grabbed the Bumblebee/Scorpnok (sp?) set.

Then I went to Dollar General and grabbed a few of the Robots in disguise legends figs...got Jazz, Mirage, Prime, and Camshaft.

Adam
06-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Ugh, I hadn't heard he was deemed that, that's really bad. It means there's a risk Pat Lee is getting recognition or payment. :p Kind of a goofy concept to make him the same guy across all the multiple TF universes that use him.

It apparently applies to all of the original 13 (including Vector Prime) as well as Unicron and Primus. It IS pretty goofy, and ultimately confusing.

Mvader91
06-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Congrats Tycho. I know you had been wanting that one pretty bad.

Mvader91, how were the fight scenes? Was it hard to tell who was fighting who in some spots, like in the first movie?
Yeah, that would one of my few gripes.:grin:

Mvader91
06-24-2009, 02:44 AM
What JetsAndHeels asked above, AND how the heck did you see it tonight?

AND UPDATE ON HUMAN ALLIANCE BUMBLEBEE!

I wish the Camaro had rubber tires like Alternators did.

This car is exactly Alternators' size!!! (Finally an Alternator Camaro!!!)

Sam is well-painted and very highly articulated for such a little figure. He can very well drive other Alternator cars, too.

Another thing is that he stands very well on his own. A good action figure.

WOW! I JUST TRANSFORMED BUMBLEBEE!

This is the best TFormer I've purchased since Masterpiece Optimus Prime!!! (that's the highest possible praise coming from me).

His robot mode is larger than an Alternator and BumbleBee has all sorts of hidden pop-out weapons. His protective face mask also moves into position to guard him from shots to the head.

Overall, this set is well worth the money and I cannot wait for more Human Alliance products (Barricade and Frenzy from the first movie should be terrific!).
Media premier, downtown Indy! Pretty sweet. Just saw it in IMAX tonight! Forrest Devastator scenes in full IMAX they were AWESOME!!

Tycho
06-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Forrest Devastator?

Do you mean "the forrest fight" and "Devastator?" because Devastator wasn't in the forrest.

That was Megatron, Starscream, and that Blackout knock-off teaming up on Optimus Prime (and Prime mostly holding his own there for a while!).

Now that I've seen the movie too, I really want my Leader Class JetFire and Leader Class Starscream, as well as the (not ever announced as a real, planned product) a Leader Class of The Fallen.

I will also probably buy that "put the pieces together Devastator" for $100 or whatever it will run.

Anyway, in the "movie/other forum" we have a detailed discussion about the film. No spoilers have been posted yet, but I plan on starting to as soon as I give others a chance to weigh in if they feel the need to stop me.

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm going to see it at 12:30. I hope I won't be dissappointed.

figrin bran
06-24-2009, 11:05 AM
So Thrust is coming to the movie line as a repaint of Breakaway. Now there's a toy I might buy depending on how compatible he might be with Universe seekers.

Target exclusive Superion has been really tempting to pick up everytime I'm at Target but he seems too puny. And at the risk of sounding like Tycho, if the planes were deluxes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Mvader91
06-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Forrest Devastator?

Do you mean "the forrest fight" and "Devastator?" because Devastator wasn't in the forrest.

That was Megatron, Starscream, and that Blackout knock-off teaming up on Optimus Prime (and Prime mostly holding his own there for a while!).

Now that I've seen the movie too, I really want my Leader Class JetFire and Leader Class Starscream, as well as the (not ever announced as a real, planned product) a Leader Class of The Fallen.

I will also probably buy that "put the pieces together Devastator" for $100 or whatever it will run.

Anyway, in the "movie/other forum" we have a detailed discussion about the film. No spoilers have been posted yet, but I plan on starting to as soon as I give others a chance to weigh in if they feel the need to stop me.
Yeah, sorry the good ol 4:00 a.m. posts. What you said, the forrest fight and the Devestator scenes. :p