PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars discussion from the early 80s archived online.

chewie
12-11-2001, 10:08 PM
Google's acquisition of deja.com just got upgraded, in a HUGE way to store newsgroup dicussion from all the way back to 1981. I took it upon myself to see how old Star Wars talk was on the 'net, and it seems as though its been there from close to usenet's creation.

Check out this link. Speculation about RotJ! :)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=star+wars&hl=en&as_drrb=b&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=31&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=1982&rnum=6&selm=bnews.sri-arpa.114

Rollo Tomassi
12-11-2001, 10:26 PM
If you think that's good, go check out the made-up "speculation" thread about ESB in our Films--->Original Trilogy ---> 'What would be fun to see" thread.:) It's pretty funny (while it lasted):(

JediTricks
12-12-2001, 12:24 AM
Very interesting. So, did he ever find out what the Mon Calamari was? ;)

GNT
12-12-2001, 01:05 AM
We know that RotJ wraps up the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, and we know that Lucas and Co. will then jump back to the Clone Wars for SW I, II and III.

hhhmmm this doesnt sound to right to me :confused:

bigbarada
12-12-2001, 10:41 AM
Listening to him speculate on the identity of the "other" makes me think that maybe this guy got lucky and was killed in a car crash, so he never had to live through the travesty that was the Luke/Leia brother/sister revelation.:sur: :D

You're right, Rollo, that thread was pretty fun while it lasted, but I have enough trouble remembering what happened last month let alone 22 year ago. I was only 6 at the time.

Rollo Tomassi
12-12-2001, 11:23 AM
Last month was January, right? Ohhh, wait that's NEXT month. geez.. I see what you mean...:p

PS I have it on good faith that Mon Calimari are little furry creatures on the green moon base of Imperial Center that help overthrow the Empire.;)

bigbarada
12-12-2001, 01:45 PM
I guess that makes sense, I had heard of short furry creatures but someone called them "Wooklings."

I once heard George saying that Episodes 7-9 would be about the survivor of Episodes 4-6.:eek: Only one survivor? I wonder who it will be? Probably not Han, I foresee a botched rescue attempt. As for Luke I think, if what Vader told him is true, will fall close to the dark side. Hey! That makes sense, Luke kills Vader and turns to the Dark Side then 7-9 are about his reign of terror and the band of heroes who fight to stop him. What do you all think?

I've heard we actually get to see the Emperor, but they didn't get Clive Revill to do the voice.:mad: Now what kind of sense does that make? I sense a continuity problem.