PDA

View Full Version : Sota Toys: Chronicles of Riddick!!

Beast
03-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I figured I'd pass this on, for those fans of Vin Diesel and of Pitch Black. The upcoming sequel, Chronicles of Riddick is receiving a toy line. And it's being done by the hot up and coming company, Sota Toys. Figures.Com has the exclusive news and pictures for now. So head over there and check it out. They look pretty damn good, but I'm not a fan of Pitch Black. It was a cheesy popcorn film. So I don't expect much more out of CoR. :)

Sota Toys: Chronicles of Riddick (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=173&show_article=21)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Somebody tell me this is a bad dream as Vin Diesel and pretty much every movie he's been in (except "Saving Private Ryan") is complete and utter garbage!!! He's getting a toy line as well?!!?!

eh, at least i'll be able to buy a few simply to blow up with firecrackers or melt him with sparklers as to relieve my aggression of having to see those damend "XXX" trailers and TV Spots. I'm taking this as a sign of one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse! :crazed:

-Durge-
03-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Good news if your a fan. I dont really care about the movie but.

Jayspawn
03-15-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm passing on the movie AND the toys altogether. To me it looks like a sci-fi/ Lord of the Rings knock-off.

Knockaround Guys was a cool movie but the other Vin movies suck!

darthvyn
03-15-2004, 10:10 AM
I figured I'd pass this on, for those fans of Vin Diesel and of Pitch Black.

there's fans of vin deisel still? :confused:

pitch black had a kinda cool premise, but they're going the wrong way and making the series about diesel's character...

plasticfetish
03-17-2004, 01:50 AM
I'm not the biggest Vin fan in the world, but I think Pitch Black is a pretty interesting film. It was a lot better than I expected it to be and Vin Diesel earned a little respect from me with this one. It's weird that they'd come back now to expand on the story line though.

Just watched the trailer and it reminds me of Dune for some reason. Hmmm, who knows? Could be decent... not sure if I'm going to need a Riddick action figure though.

RooJay
03-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Vin is dope even though most of his movies have sucked. The exceptions being Saving Private Ryan, Pitch Black, Fast abd the Furious (though I tried my hardest to not like that one) and the Iron Giant ;) . However, Knockaround Guys actually sucked quite hard (it didn't know what kind of movie it wanted to be). Vin probably shouldn't be headlining movies presently (perhaps not ever, and he's certainly not worth the 20 mil he'd been asking) though he can make for a great supporting character actor. Chronicles of Riddick looks to be pretty cool, and a welcome change in the right direction.
The figures look great also, but I'm more than a bit disappointed that SOTA seems to have dumped the extreme Marvel Legends style articulation they used on their last major film line - Tomb Raider 2. That would've made these figures must haves in my book.