PDA

View Full Version : Lee's Toy Review gets it wrong, again.

sith_killer_99
03-13-2004, 11:24 AM
From the latest issue of Lee's Toy Review March 2004

The final series of Action Fleet vehicles, Jango Fett's Slave One ($$), Republic Gunship ($$), and Republic Assault Ship ($$) are gaining lots of attention on the secondary market. The vehicles never hit retail and most on line dealers have sold through on them.

This little propaganda was printed under the "INVE$TMENTARY" section. :rolleyes:

And we wonder why soo many SCALPERS and Hot Wheels collectors are snatching up what little SW stuff can be found.

I would like to state for the record that I found all 3 of these vehicles at Wal-Mart, the nations largest retailer, as the line was winding down. So these made it as far as Elizabethtown Kentucky. Sure, they were difficult to find, but they did make it to retail. :Pirate:

Warstar
03-13-2004, 06:36 PM
For the record: Zhaan rules! Love your pic...anyway...

They did make it to retial. I am not sure what crack Lee's is smoking. I saw them here in Bozeman, MT, for a short time.

Had I still been collecting Action Fleet, I might have bought them, but alas...the heyday is over :(

bobafrett
03-14-2004, 08:44 AM
I saw them several times at retail giant Wal-Mart. I have a set myself. I had hoped the line would continue as I liked the new packaging.

Val Da Car
03-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I also saw the set at Target but was not a huge micromachines fan at the time.

I do hate misinformation.

JediTricks
03-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeesh! I too saw 'em at WM here in LA. Ridiculous nonsense. I hate the notion that these are "investments", these are toys, they're meant to be appreciated as such, not traded like commodities.

shinakuma43
03-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Don't forget, Lee's is the guide that produced the Complete Star Wars MM Reference which was far from complete. So, I wouldn;t take anything they write seriously anyways.

I never saw them at retail since I preordered a case from Entertainmentearth.com long before they came out just so I wouldn't have to go to stores and look, but I have heard many people say they found them at Walmarts.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
03-17-2004, 10:47 AM
yeah, what he said (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=17869) :greedy: