PDA

View Full Version : Logan's Run re-make!

sith_killer_99
03-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Posted over at scifi.com:

X-Men helmer Bryan Singer will direct a remake of the 1976 SF classic movie Logan's Run for Warner Brothers and producer Joel Silver (The Matrix), Variety reported. The movie, about a man trying to escape a mandatory death sentence on his 21st birthday, is being fast-tracked to start production this year, the trade paper reported. (The original film had the hero facing death at 30.)

Singer is expected to tackle Logan's Run before he does an expected third installment in the X-Men franchise. "I was drawn to X-Men because of its universal issues of tolerance," Singer told the trade paper. "This deals with a utopian society, but also with the obsession of youth and mortality. I've already started working with my X2 production designer, Guy Dyas, to create a visual world we've never seen before."

Ethan Gross and Paul Todisco, with Singer, are writing a script. The studio plans to release the movie in 2005. No stars have been cast as of yet, the trade paper reported.

The 1976 original starred Michael York. Singer lowered the age to 21, as it was in the original William Nolan novel on which the films are based.

Interesting, but I think 21 is a bit young, even if it is in the original novel. I can't wait to hear who they cast for the film. Also of note, Singer will do this one before he tackels X-3?!?!?

All I can say is:

Renew...Renew...Renew...Renew! :D

Exhaust Port
03-15-2004, 12:54 AM
30 is better. Life barely gets going at 21 and you don't even hit your physical prime until your late twenties. I have this feeling that not only will he change the age but he won't have nearly the same amount of nudity.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Was there nudity in the original? I don't remember seeing any skin.

Sounds like a cool idea. I loved the original so maybe if they take out the cheesy 70's style futuristic look it'll be 100% better...unless they decide to put Will Smith in this one. :rolleyes: