PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for more Star Wars cartoons.

sith_killer_99
03-14-2004, 07:10 PM
So I got to thinking. With the success of the Clone Wars Animated series, what would be some other cartoon projects you would like to see.

Here are a few I came up with.

1. Shadows of the Empire - A feature length cartoon or a mini-series with 5 half hour shows.

2. Pre Star Wars 'A New Hope' - A feature length cartoon based along the lines of the, now famous Radio Drama.

3. Heir to the Empire - 3 feature length cartoons based on the Zahn novels, or as I affectionatly call them Star Wars EP7, 8 and 9.

4. New Jedi Order - A series based on the war between the Galaxy and the Vong, with the main emphasis on the Jedi.

5. Knights of the Old Republic - A series based on the Old time Jedi Knights.

6. Boba Fett - A feature length cartoon based on Boba Fett pre-ANH.

I'm still not sure what kind of animation I would want to see for these. Maybe something highly detailed like Final Fantasy for the Heir to the Empire movies. Then GL could release them in Theaters. The others would be toned down and probably be straight to DVD releases.

Kidhuman
03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
I would love to see heir to the empire made into some sort of cartoon/movie. Those are great stories.

NJO - could be interesting.

Bounty Hunter Diaries - Based on the various bounty hunters from SW.

Something bridging the gapbetween EP3 and ANH

dr_evazan22
03-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I would love to see heir to the empire made into some sort of cartoon/movie. Those are great stories.

True, True. I would love to se these made into live action movies, even if they had to recast the characters since they've gotten older at this point. I thought Zahn's books captured the feeling of the OT closest out of just about anything that's been published.

Another one I'd like to see as live action (I guess it could be done as animation too) is I, Jedi.

How about animated X-Wing Rogue Squadron?

dr_evazan22
03-14-2004, 07:40 PM

True, True. I would especially like to see the Thrawn Trilogy made into live action, even if they had to recast the characters, as the actors are getting older now. I thought that this Trilogy most closely captured the feeling of the OT out of just about everything I've read.

I think it would be cool to see I, Jedi made as well.

How about an animated X-Wing Rogue Squadron?

darthvyn
03-14-2004, 11:19 PM
if they made an anthology "star wars adventures" animated series, we wouldn't have to decide... they could do a story arc or single episode anywhere at any time in the star wars universe... i think that would be the best way for them to go (if they were to do something like this...)

El Chuxter
03-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Perhaps a series based on Corran Horn's days in CorSec? That could be cool.

I'm surprised no one ever did a Jar Jar cartoon.

Kidhuman
03-15-2004, 04:58 PM
I would also like to see the Jedi Academy game made into a movie. Where you see PAdawans going out on some missions.

JediTricks
03-15-2004, 06:11 PM
They did Chux, it's called "The Phantom Menace". :D

Rocketboy
03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
I would love to see:
1. Shadows of the Empire - I'm reading it for probably the 5th or 6th time and every time I picture it as a CG movie (like the Final Fantasy movie).
2. An Old Republic series (prequel era or slightly before) focusing on the Jedi (maybe the adventures of just 1 Jedi and his/her Padawan?).
3. A Republic vs. Empire classic trilogy type show featuring a new character and have the occasional guest appearance by Luke or Han or Leia or someone.

Kidhuman
03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Or even a OT based story showing the other Rebels. What they did before YAvin andafter HOth without Luke, Leia, and Han.

jjreason
03-17-2004, 01:38 PM
My first thought was Shadows as well, not a bad story. The Thrawn trilogy would work in an animated format as well, but it would be quite a long story to tell.

I'd like to see Darth Vader: The early years (there was some rumour of a TV show along these lines was there not?), and some backstory regarding Palpatine - how he became Sith, who his Master was, how he found Darth Maul, how Dooku took his place, etc.

scruffziller
03-17-2004, 01:47 PM
I would like to see some cartoons based on some of the novels done out there.

dr_evazan22
03-18-2004, 12:02 AM
I'd like to see Darth Vader: The early years (there was some rumour of a TV show along these lines was there not?), and some backstory regarding Palpatine - how he became Sith, who his Master was, how he found Darth Maul, how Dooku took his place, etc.

That sounds like a good idea, one I'd watch.

darthvyn
03-09-2005, 10:10 AM
i wanted to revive this thread, because i still would really like to see more cartoons (and animated figures!!!) involving not only PT characters, but OT characters as well as expanded universe style tales.

imagine seeing luke and biggs taking beggars canyon, day-dreaming about joining the academy... or the story of how luke made his lightsaber. maybe a story arc about the rise of the sith, darth nemesis, and the old days of the jedi knights.

and then we could have animated figures of luke, leia, han, chewie, etc...

since the animated figures are the only things star wars i've collected in more than a year, i'd say this could be an untapped goldmine. and a way for star wars to continue after ep III...

sith_killer_99
03-09-2005, 10:51 AM
i'd say this could be an untapped goldmine. and a way for star wars to continue after ep III...

I would still love to see more SW cartoons. But SciFi magazine once again brought up the up coming live action Star Wars television series. I honestly believe this is in the works, probably for 06. Which would also explaing Hasbro's continued contract until 2018.

Ji'dai
03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
As a kid, I liked Brian Daley's novels that chronicled the adventures of Han Solo & Chewie before they got mixed up in the Rebellion. So a 'toon about their smuggling days would be fun. They could have run-ins with the Hutts, bounty hunters, the Empire, and other criminal syndicates. Even Lando Calrissian could make a guest appearance.

kool-aid killer
03-09-2005, 03:25 PM
I would like to see a cartoon that had to do with Vader, prior to A New Hope. See him hunt down the few remaining Jedi who escaped the Clone Wars alive. Various little planetary rebellions against the Empire and how he went about crushing those who resisted. Make it dark and geared more towards teens and adults.

Or maybe a cartoon from someone on the Empires side, a stormtrooper perhaps who begins to question the Empires cause and his role in enforcing what Palpatine deems to be right.

sith_killer_99
03-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Or maybe a cartoon from someone on the Empires side, a stormtrooper perhaps who begins to question the Empires cause and his role in enforcing what Palpatine deems to be right.

Stormtroopers never question. They are unflinching and unquestioningly loyal to the Empire! ;) That's why they are called Stormtroopers! Or is it, that's why people like that are refered to as Stormtroopers. Chicken...egg...you get the idea. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I would definitely like to see more SW cartoons, as long as Genndy kept doing them. Those horrible Droids and Ewoks cartoons just don't work. How about:

*Tales - Not based on the weird comics, but on the Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Jabba's Palace, etc. series. These would be really cool to see done, especially as cartoons. Then we would even get to see some scenes from the films done as cartoons. That'd be sweet!
*Han & Chewie - As many people said, the early adventures of Han and Chewbacca. They'd have to change anything from the EU to fit with ROTS though, even though I have no idea if Han will be in there (God, I hope not). I heard Genndy say he'd be interested in this anyway.
*Masters of the Force - Just random stories about Jedi and Sith, in their training days and as-yet-untold missions. More Coleman Trebor and Pablo-Jill is always a good thing. :D I like that idea of Sidious's rise to power and training of Maul, Tyranus, and Vader.

darthvyn
03-09-2005, 10:55 PM
that's what i'm talking about, they could do all of that if they had a series that jumped from one time to another. one story arc in the "tales of the jedi" era, one in the OT, one in the time after ROJ, etc.

only, i wouldn't want them to re-hash stuff, i want all new stories. i mean, really, we've already "seen" any of the EU stuff in books, games, and comics. if they did new stories, utilizing the characters we've known, and maybe back-ground characters as well, that would be cool.

SK, any word on what this live-action star wars show is going to encompass?

General_Grievous
03-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Shadows of the Empire to me is the most ideal for a cartoon.

Slicker
03-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Shadows of the Empire to me is the most ideal for a cartoon.That would be pretty sweet. Could you imagine seeing a cute and cuddly Dash Rendar or a menacing Prince Xizor. Friggin' awesome.

JediTricks
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I was going to start a poll about this very topic a few months ago, but got sidetracked.

Hellboy
03-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I liked Brian Daley's novels that chronicled the adventures of Han Solo & Chewie before they got mixed up in the Rebellion.

I would love to see an animated version of their adventures as well and like Mr JJL stated Genndy has expressed interest in doing them after the completion of the Clone Wars series if they'll let him. I think a cartoon along these lines is probably more likely than anything to do with the Jedi or Sith just because its something completely different than the Prequels.

El Chuxter
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I just think it would be nice if The Clone Wars wasn't just this rumor that keeps getting pushed back and will probably never actually materialize. (Hey, just because I think the animation looks like doodoo doesn't mean I won't give it a fair shake.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I thought it was coming in Fall 2008, if they could get a network. Did you hear otherwise?

El Chuxter
11-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Not anything concrete, but every time there's news, it always seems to be a year away. We've been hearing that for how long now?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, seeing as how it's Fall 2007, "a year away" sounds about right. ;)

El Chuxter
11-07-2007, 06:22 PM
My point is, it was "a year away" last year, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I know that. I just like to give you a hard time.

That's what she said.

scruffziller
11-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Animate every SW story ever written.:yes::lipsrsealed:

That is all.:sleeping:

Desfiy
12-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I'd like to see a Shadow of the Empire, Thrawn Trilogy.

Even Make a new Droids and Ewoks cartoon, after all you could clear up all the mistakes they made and tie it into the New Star Wars universe.

By the way I am not saying the originals had mistakes I am talking about the Pooh Dooh that was made in Between the OT and the Old Cartoons, I think it was called The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Tycho
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
So I got to thinking. With the success of the Clone Wars Animated series, what would be some other cartoon projects you would like to see.

Here are a few I came up with.

1. Shadows of the Empire - A feature length cartoon or a mini-series with 5 half hour shows.

2. Pre Star Wars 'A New Hope' - A feature length cartoon based along the lines of the, now famous Radio Drama.

3. Heir to the Empire - 3 feature length cartoons based on the Zahn novels, or as I affectionatly call them Star Wars EP7, 8 and 9.

4. New Jedi Order - A series based on the war between the Galaxy and the Vong, with the main emphasis on the Jedi.

5. Knights of the Old Republic - A series based on the Old time Jedi Knights.

6. Boba Fett - A feature length cartoon based on Boba Fett pre-ANH.

I'm still not sure what kind of animation I would want to see for these. Maybe something highly detailed like Final Fantasy for the Heir to the Empire movies. Then GL could release them in Theaters. The others would be toned down and probably be straight to DVD releases.

I love this whole idea. I came into the SW TV section to post something like this and saw Sith_Killer's thread and here I am. I've only read his first post (Quoted Above) thus far, but I was just watching my Cartoon Network CW DVDs and was thinking the same thing: how would an animation with the Classic characters fly? That would be kind of fun with Han, Luke, and Leia all over again - and a cartoon Chewie!

sith_killer_99
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Okay, I'm gonna skip the "dig up that old fossil" joke.

I missed the pick up they had on this thread back in 2007.

So here we are on the verge of the first "box office" animated SW film.

I still say we need the Zhan trilogy. Too sweet, they could still get most of the original cast to do the voice work. Mark has a lot of experience in that area, so it wouldn't be a stretch. Carrie wouldn't have to worry about going on a crash diet to lose weight for the film. It's the perfect idea!

Besides, the Clone Wars is played out IMO.

Tycho
08-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Would Harrison Ford do cartoon voice work? Well, he's friends with Lucas. Also, voice-over work is something even HE has never done before (to my knowledge). Maybe he'll want to try something new and have a little Star Wars reunion. SW launched his career, (I'm talking to YOU "Indiana Jones and The Clear and Present Millennium Falcon.")

Anyway, if you look at Clone Wars, they did fine without Hayden and Ewan - so they don't even need the original actors to do a Classic SW cartoon.

I would love:

Shadows of the Empire
Heir to the Empire
Jedi Academy
Young Jedi Knights
New Jedi Order

As much as I loved Tales of the Jedi, the bookend stuff in the chronology is not what Star Wars needs right now. More Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie (and Lando) in some format is what would be best-known and most popular.

If you did SOTE, you could also have Darth Vader, Boba Fett, the other bounty hunters, and Jabba the Hutt! Not to mention Palpatine.

I agree that after this feature, Clone Wars will be all-played-out.

Ando
08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I thought Shadows of the Empire was a really exciting story and I loved the book, the soundtrack (which was stolen when someone broke into my truck 10 years ago), the N64 game, and the toys (I want an updated Outrider and Dash Rendar figure!!!). I think it was a really great experiment in multimedia marketing especially since they had everything BUT a movie.

I would love to see a SOTE cartoon movie or series.