PDA

View Full Version : Who Here Owns The Matrix A.P.U?

Lman316
03-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I bought one of these things a little while ago. It was broken (unbeknownst to me) from the start - there was a small plastic bar in the leg that had snapped off, but luckily I was able to push it back in. Because it was easily correctable and it held without problem, I let it slide. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get Mifune to grip the right lever, but it really wasn't anything to get aggravated over.
However, something that is worth getting aggravated over is this: This thing had been displayed since I bought it. No one has touched it (not even myself) since I put it up. But yesterday, I saw that one of the big arms was drooping a bit. I decided to correct it, but as soon as I touched it (and I'm talking barely), the left arm just fell off.
Today, I travelled out of town to buy a new one (no one around here carries them). I just got it home about two hours ago; I opened it and the other arm was already broken. It was the exact same spot and it looks almost like an identical break.

What I'd like to know is... has anyone else had this problem? Is this is a common thing or am I somehow jinxed?

End...

LTBasker
03-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it's infamous for the figure. You could call customer service at McF and they'd likely replace it, but from what I heard that same thing happens over, and over.

Jayspawn
03-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I've heard the APUs are pretty fragile. I got the Sentinel with is giagantic! And very hard to display or even store because hes so huge. The APU is smaller at least.

Devo
03-16-2004, 09:08 AM
mine broke only two hours ago!! lol It just broke at the left shoulder, I didn't hear any snap or anything. Thing is I've had my APU for about 2 months now. For most people this was a problem right from purchase. In fact I posted on this at Spawn.com - no replies there yet worth speaking of. I want to know if it can be fixed while keeping the articulation.

Lman316
04-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Just a follow up here...

I contacted McFarlane via Customer Service email about this problem. Told them everything that happened and I asked them if it was possible for my first A.P.U to be replaced.
I waited... waited... waited. About two weeks. Nothing. The only thing I got from them was the auto response email. Nothing since then.
So, I felt a bit insulted. I'm not mad that they didn't jump to replace my toy. It's been a long time since I bought it, I don't even have the packaging anymore, so it's completely understandable that they wouldn't replace it. What I am mad about is that they chose to ignore me. They didn't even have the courtesy to send me something. Not even a simple apology.
So, I figured since the email approach didn't work, I'd try snail mail. Not only to inform them of the A.P.U problem, but to tell them how disappointed I was with their customer service. I also told them that this shows me a lot of how they view their customers. Someone has a problem, so you just ignore him or her? That's a horrible business practice.
Wanna know what I got back from them after sending the letter? Nothing. It's been almost two weeks (again) and still nothing.
Does this say anything to you? Because it certainly says something to me.

And what I say to them is, "I'm done." I will no longer be buying McFarlane merchandise and I have told them so.
Most companies care enough to get back to you. They may not have a solution to your problem, but at least they take the time to write back and apologize, if nothing more. McFarlane really dropped the ball here.

End...

arctangent
04-15-2004, 04:14 AM
Just a follow up here...

I contacted McFarlane via Customer Service email about this problem. Told them everything that happened and I asked them if it was possible for my first A.P.U to be replaced.
I waited... waited... waited. About two weeks. Nothing. The only thing I got from them was the auto response email. Nothing since then.
So, I felt a bit insulted. I'm not mad that they didn't jump to replace my toy. It's been a long time since I bought it, I don't even have the packaging anymore, so it's completely understandable that they wouldn't replace it. What I am mad about is that they chose to ignore me. They didn't even have the courtesy to send me something. Not even a simple apology.
So, I figured since the email approach didn't work, I'd try snail mail. Not only to inform them of the A.P.U problem, but to tell them how disappointed I was with their customer service. I also told them that this shows me a lot of how they view their customers. Someone has a problem, so you just ignore him or her? That's a horrible business practice.
Wanna know what I got back from them after sending the letter? Nothing. It's been almost two weeks (again) and still nothing.
Does this say anything to you? Because it certainly says something to me.

And what I say to them is, "I'm done." I will no longer be buying McFarlane merchandise and I have told them so.
Most companies care enough to get back to you. They may not have a solution to your problem, but at least they take the time to write back and apologize, if nothing more. McFarlane really dropped the ball here.

End...

that happened to me too and after a couple of weeks i emailed them again mentioning that i had no response from a previous email. i got an apology for not replying to my forst email and they offered to relace my apu even though it is only a tiny part of it that is broken but it would cost me an arm and a leg in postage to send it back to them so i didn't bother.

it might be worth you contacting them again and mentioning that you have had no response from your first email.

Lman316
04-15-2004, 02:36 PM
that happened to me too and after a couple of weeks i emailed them again mentioning that i had no response from a previous email. i got an apology for not replying to my forst email and they offered to relace my apu even though it is only a tiny part of it that is broken but it would cost me an arm and a leg in postage to send it back to them so i didn't bother.

it might be worth you contacting them again and mentioning that you have had no response from your first email.

But essentially, that's what I've done. I have contacted them again, just not through email. I've found that when problems happen like this, it's best to go to "corporate" (as I put it) and let them know what's up.
Only one other company has ever been this bad (Sam Goody) in not getting back to me. I don't buy anything from there now, either.

I say McFarlane is losing a lot of money on me. I'd planned on buying all the re-hash Alien and Predator figures (more than one of each, too), all of the Alien vs. Predator figures (even though I don't think I'll like the movie), the 12" Alien and Predator, Spawn figures, Movie Maniacs 7, and some of the Monsters 3 series (but I'll admit, I was still on the fence about those). Over a year, I think that's a significant loss, but McFarlane apparently doesn't think so. I guess it's really not that big of a shot in their wallet.

I really don't think I should have to contact them again. It's up to them now.

End...