PDA

View Full Version : tusken raider take down

mylow thehutt
12-12-2001, 08:17 AM
Oh boy did any body see this but at the end of forbinden love trailar anakin strikes down a tusken raider,just before the ep2 titel comes up.

:Pirate: thoughts?

Rollo Tomassi
12-12-2001, 10:58 AM
mylow, mylow, mylow. Where you been buddy? We've discussed this ad nauseum in the othere threads. I think maybe 4 or 5 threads dedicated to this particular topic. But since this is a spoiler section I'm just gonna drop the hammer on ya.

The Tusken Raiders kidnap Shmi. Anakin gets a "vision" that she's in trouble and defies the Jedi Council by taking Padme to Tatooine with him. He finds Watto, who tells her his mom is married to a moisture farmer named Cleigg Lars. When Anakin gets to the moisture far, they tell him that she's been takes by Sandpeople out into the desert. He grabs a speeder and goes out to find her. By the time he gets there, her wounds are too severe and she dies in his arms. Anakin turns on the Tuskens and gives into the Dark Side, laying waste to Tusken men, women and children. He goes hardcore beserker style. It's not pretty. It's his first step on the path to being Darth Vader...

So now you know...:)

Fulit
12-12-2001, 12:21 PM
Or, if you subscribe to my theory, (not many do), Palpatine and or Dooku have set it up to look like the Tuskens are responsible, when really they are not, no more than they were responsible for killing all those Jawas in ANH. See, the Tuskens are always getting blamed for stuff they didn't do, they are very misunderstood. I just think the death of Anakin's mom needs a bit more depth to it than a savage bloodthirsty attack that defies reason.

mylow thehutt
12-12-2001, 03:27 PM
:cool:

Oh ok see I'm new,but I did read that form,See I thought Anakin just light up his light saber and the sene cuts out,I never knew it acaultly shows the sand people getting slaterd,Oh well learn somthing every day.Thax:)

master jedi
12-12-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
The Tusken Raiders kidnap Shmi.

I think Palpatine/Sidious or Dooku/Tyranus make it look like the Sand People either kidnapped her and killed her. Or at least kill her.

Jedi Clint
12-12-2001, 05:51 PM
If you are going to frame someone for murder, you better make sure the victim is dead. Shmi is alive when Anakin finds her.

Co Jo-Da
12-12-2001, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
If you are going to frame someone for murder, you better make sure the victim is dead. Shmi is alive when Anakin finds her.

Then after Shmi dies in his arms, Anakin goes out and kills all the Tusken Raiders in sight. SO VERY EVIL but COOL...

Rollo Tomassi
12-12-2001, 10:06 PM
mylow, pay no attention to these silly theories about Palpatine masterminding Shmi's kidnapping.

And Co-Jo Da : Is you signature supposed to say 'option' or did you mean to have it say 'opinion'?

Fulit
12-12-2001, 10:31 PM
Now, hang on just a minute. I don't belittle your theory, so there's no need to belittle my theory if you don't agree with it. I don't think theres anything silly about it. I just happen to think there's got to be something better than Anakin turning to the Dark Side basically because his mom was involved in some unfortunate altercation with Sand People. It just seems so arbitrary and random. It just seems like it would make the tragedy of Darth Vader more a tragedy if he killed innocents who he thought were somewhat involved in his mom's death, but it turns out they weren't, it was his own master. It may or may not go down this way in the film, I could accept it either way, all I'm saying is I'd rather see it happen that way, not some random killing.

As for the "if you're going to frame someone, make sure they're dead" thing, all I can say is, it doesn't rule out my scenario. Mistakes do happen, plus there's the crazy possibility that it was set up to go just like that, somehow.

Either way, some Tuskens are gonna get hacked up over the whole deal, and isn't that what really matters?:crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
12-13-2001, 11:56 AM
Easy, Fulit my lad. I really don't have theory per se. I'm just telling mylow what happens in the film. Your's is a fine, if a bit far-fetched, theory. You need a reason for Shmi's death to push Anakin over the edge? other than a random farm attack (a common occurence from what we are led to believe from 25 years of canon and EU stories)? How about Anakin has a vision that his mother is hurt and dying. He calls the Jedi Council and says "Hey! My mom might be hurt or dying. may I go save her?"
The Jedi Council says "Blow Kid. We don't care about your mom. Stay on Naboo and do yer job..." Anakin has to sneak around trying to get off naboo(losing precious hours or even days) When he gets to Tatooine he finds his mom AND SHE DIES IN HIS ARMS. If he had been EVEN A FEW HOUR EARLY she would be alive. if you ask me, that's PLENTY reason to blame the dickish Jedi for not letting him come when he asked. He becomes ANGRY with the Jedi Council. Anger leads to him HATING the Jedi. His hatred leads to the Jedi SUFFERING their annihilation. And Anakin turns to the Dark Side. Now it's quite possible that Sidious had Shmi murdered, but the Jedi Council did a fair job of peevin' Anakin off on thier own without any help from the Sith lord...

Fulit
12-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Easy, Fulit my lad. I really don't have theory per se.

Well, if you did I wouldn't call it silly. ;) j/k.

Yes, I need another reason besides a random attack. I'm just thinking maybe that, hearing about Anakin's dream and denied request to the Council to go to his mom, Sidious/Palpatine whoever, would dispatch the killers to take her out, thus fulfilling Anakin's dream and causing another rift between Anakin and the Jedi, because he knows how to play the Jedi, too. I mean, you just know that Palpatine has been "watching his career with great interest", so surely by E2 he knows he wants Anakin for his next apprentice.
Palpatine has his hands in so much of everything else that goes on in these movies, it just seems to me like he should have some role in this too.
It can't be that far fetched, it's not even "my" theory really. I've read it on the same spoiler sites I got the entire plot of the movie from, and everything there has checked out. That's not to say it's definitely going to happen, but I think it would be more interesting if so.

Rollo Tomassi
12-13-2001, 04:20 PM
Ahem..."My Theory (that Fulit promises not to call far-fetched and silly) on the Shmi Kidnapping" by Rollo Tomassi Esq.

Shmi is actually a Sith Witch hiding on Tatooine posing as a slave. During Episode I, QuiGon secretly sabotages the ship (he and Obi Wan are the last ones on board remember?) because he gets a Top Secret communique from the Jedi Council about Shmi and her son. He goes to tatooine and tricks Watto into giving up the child so that it can be raised a s aJedi instead of a Sith. Ten years pass and Shmi is planning on retrieving her now powerfully force trained son from the clutches of the council, but the preemptively strike at her. Sending in a team of Jedi Commandos dressed as Tuskens, they kidnap her, but she sends a mind beam to Anakin, who wants to rescue her. the Jedi Council says no (because they are behind it) but he goes anyway but is too late to save Shmi...

thats my theory. No one may laugh at it...

bigbarada
12-13-2001, 05:18 PM
The best theory yet, Rollo!:D

I think that even if the death of Shmi is a plot, it'll never be spelled out in black and white on screen. It'll probably be left ambiguous to keep us debating this question for years to come.

I have no problem with her death being a random occurence. We are led to believe that this is a dangerous galaxy. The thought that just because someone dies, Palpatine has to be involved is a little too much like that "conspiracy theory" bullcrap that is so prevalent nowadays.

Fulit
12-13-2001, 05:36 PM
LOL, Rollo, that's a very near-fetched theory that's not at all silly.

Co Jo-Da
12-13-2001, 06:33 PM
No doubt Rollo's theory would put the whole universe into a tailspin if it were true and why not. AWESOME thinking Rollo, two thumbs up with a twist...