PDA

View Full Version : Figure Case Question

angellus
03-16-2004, 10:25 AM
I have a question that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with. On the vinyl Empire Strikes Back collector cases, does the two-sided card that comes inside the case show only the Empire figures, or does it include the 21 figures that shipped on Star Wars cards, too? And the same thing with the vinyl Jedi case. Does the card show only the Jedi figures, or are the Empire and Star Wars figures mixed in?

LusiferSam
03-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I can answer part of your question. The card that came with my ESB case show 47 figures, 19 SW figures and 28 ESB figures. For some odd reason 4-LOM is missing. The two SW figures that are miss are the original C-3PO and R2-D2. They were replaced by C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) and R2-D2 (with Sensorscope) till the POTF line started (at which R2 was replace again). If you'd a picture I could try and scan the card. Its not in great shape but it works.
It would be my guess that the ROTJ vinyl case card shows all the available figures, ROTJ, ESB and SW. My C-3PO case case shows 79 figures, so I can't image the vinyl case not showing all available figures.

bobafett07728
03-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Hey guys! The figures cases shipped with various different picture cards. . . depending on the time of the release. These cards are similar to the Action Figure Card backs. LuciferSam. . . your picture doesn't show 4-LOM, because he was still a mail-in release. There is a site that has pictures, and a write-up about the different versions of the cases. Here is a link to the Empire case, and you can get to the others from this link. It is a good site for information on the vintage Kenner line.

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/figuretoys/vinylcase-esb2.html

You should get all your Carrying Case questions answered here!!

LusiferSam
03-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey guys! The figures cases shipped with various different picture cards. . . depending on the time of the release. These cards are similar to the Action Figure Card backs. LuciferSam. . . your picture doesn't show 4-LOM, because he was still a mail-in release. There is a site that has pictures, and a write-up about the different versions of the cases. Here is a link to the Empire case, and you can get to the others from this link. It is a good site for information on the vintage Kenner line.

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/figuretoys/vinylcase-esb2.html

You should get all your Carrying Case questions answered here!!

I've been wondering about that. I forgot 4-LOM was a mail-away. The Collectors Archive is good but it doesn't have everything and it's updated infrequently. In particular it doesn't have pictures of my 47 case card or my 79 3PO case card.

angellus
03-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for both your help! This is just what I was looking for. I actually just learned there are two versions of the card that came with the original vinyl Star Wars case. The first one pictured the prototype Boba Fett instead of the production version. Very cool!