PDA

View Full Version : Elevator disassembly

LusiferSam
03-16-2004, 08:56 PM
This question applies to either the Land of the Jawas or Hoth Ice Planet playsets. Does any one know how I can remove an assembled elevator from the cardboard backdrop without damaging either the elevator or cardboard? I resonantly got the Hoth playset and storage would be a lot easier on me and safer for the cardboard if the elevator was disassembled.

Kidhuman
03-16-2004, 11:07 PM
I dont think it comes apart with out breaking it. It was one whole piece IIRC. Is there a little screw on the back, I dont think so, but the last time i looked at it was abut 15 years ago.

Dialogus
03-20-2004, 02:09 AM
I got Land of the Jawas for Christmas back in '79 while my little bro' received the Creature Cantina set. I remember helping my dad with the stickers. Great souvenirs!

Unfortunately I don't have it anymore. Mom sold it at a local flea market many years ago :cry: ... Still, if I remember correctly, there is a way to remove the elevator but you have to be a little rough Lusifer. If I'm right, I used to quickly slip the elevator down so that it can "snap" its way out of the cardboard. Then after I had no problem putting it in place again.

I think the best thing you can do is leave the thing where it is. But if you give it a try, be careful and know what you're doing Cat from Hell!