PDA

View Full Version : Ephont Mon

mylow thehutt
12-12-2001, 07:27 AM
This guy is cool but when is he comming out? and is he going to be a duelux I haven't heard anything since the fanpoll.

OC47150
12-12-2001, 07:33 AM
Maybe by the end of next year. That's what I'm willing to guess.

Rollo Tomassi
12-12-2001, 09:40 AM
If he's a deluxe figure, then the braintrust at Hasbr:greedy: has to come up with three other Deluxe figures to release with him. They come out in waves y'know.;)

Rollo Tomassi
12-12-2001, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by OC47150
Maybe by the end of next year. That's what I'm willing to guess.

Hmmm...ya think?;)

jedi master sal
12-12-2001, 09:41 AM
rollo, have you already forgotten darth maul, luke in bacta tank, amanaman, leia w/cannon?

these are all deluxe figs.

bigbarada
12-12-2001, 09:45 AM
I think that's what he meant. Luke Bacta wasn't released all by himself he had to be included in a wave of figures. Thus Ephant Mon will either be included in a wave of three brand new deluxe figures or three of this year's deluxe re-issued.

INDIANA
12-12-2001, 10:49 AM
I think we will wait a long time for Ephont Mon.

Ellor Madak wasn't suppose to win either, Eeth Koth was. That's why we had to wait FOREVER for the Madak figure and why we have Koth now.

Amanaman we got QUICK! Seems we were seeing first shots of him right after the election. Hasbro guessed right with him.

I think the Twilek twins were expected to win and are probably in a preliminary phase somewhere right now. Ephont Mon was an unfortunate surprise for Hasbro and I don't expect to see him until 2003 at the earliest. My guess is we'll see the twins show in some form in 2002.

AmanaMatt
12-12-2001, 01:20 PM
Indiana:

The Duros prototype was shown 7-12 days after the poll ended. The Amanaman proto wasn't seen for about 5 months after that 2nd poll had ended.

INDIANA
12-13-2001, 09:52 AM
I could be wrong but I don't remember it that way at all.

Wolfwood319
12-13-2001, 10:35 AM
We'll probably see him after next summer at the earliest. I think at this point Hasbro is just concentrating on AOTC.

I could be wrong, Hasbro might have a dozen more ultra-cool POTJ figures hidden away and will release them early next year....yeah right:rolleyes:

Sith Worm
12-13-2001, 06:06 PM
Agree with the Wolf on this one do I. They are very busy at work trying to pump those AOTC figs out. And Classic will be on the back burner till atleast the summer, in my opinion of course...

evenflow
12-15-2001, 11:47 AM
If I am remebering correctly, i have to agree with Amamamatt. The Duros proto showed up right away, and we had to wait forever to see anything of Amanaman, much like now how we have yet to see anything from Ephont Mon. I hope that there will be another deluxe assortment:

1. Ephont Mon w/ Bubo
2. Yareal Poof w/ chair
3. Yarna D'al Gargan w/ Hoover
4. Trash Compactor Monster w/ trash & compactor

Thats what i wish!!:crazed:

mylow thehutt
12-15-2001, 03:45 PM
you go even thats what i'm talking about. :D

Darth Rage
12-16-2001, 01:09 AM
Man Ephant Mon is going to be a beautiful action figure!

I want to see the rest of the jedi's who were in the council though.

mylow thehutt
12-16-2001, 01:58 AM
hahahahah!!!now your talking:D

Obi-Don
12-17-2001, 07:24 AM
I'm hopeing that next year we will see the rest of the Jedi masters.I have all that they have put out so far except Eeth Koth and it won't be long until I have him to.

Dryanta
12-18-2001, 06:32 PM
Is it just my bad memory?
I could swear that Ephont Mon was announced about a year and half ago as part of a scrapped cinema scene.I think it was reported in Tomarts.Any help or common memories of this?

Obi-Dan Kenobi
12-18-2001, 10:58 PM
The cinema scene thing wasn't confirmed. It was just a rumor that wouldn't die. The word was that one was coming with Ephant, Hermi Odle, and Amanaman.

OC47150
12-19-2001, 07:29 AM
That would've been a great cinema scene. I hadn't heard of that rumor before.

Dryanta
12-19-2001, 07:59 AM
Thanks Obi-Dan.I knew I heard about it.I thought it was a done deal and then it never showed

mark2d2
12-19-2001, 03:07 PM
Wow! You guys are really all psyched about this figure. I'm happy for you.

But personally, I don't get it. (I still haven't found him in the films...Jabba's Palace, I know, but where?)

Having finally snagged an FX-7 and marveling at the sheer power of detail on this fine figure ---- I've begun to mourn the loss of the R1 droid. (The big black phallic thing in the background of the Jawa Droids-for-sale scene in ANH.) Now, THAT would have been a pretty sweet figure.

mylow thehutt
12-19-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Wow! You guys are really all psyched about this figure. I'm happy for you.

But personally, I don't get it. (I still haven't found him in the films...Jabba's Palace, I know, but where?)

Having finally snagged an FX-7 and marveling at the sheer power of detail on this fine figure ---- I've begun to mourn the loss of the R1 droid. (The big black phallic thing in the background of the Jawa Droids-for-sale scene in ANH.) Now, THAT would have been a pretty sweet figure.

Don't worry mark2D2 theres still hope for R1 he may fill the new droid spot for next year:) and look very hard,just when luke and han are yelling for each other when the guards are taking them to see Jabba right behind han is Ephent mon next too amanaman and c-z39,tell me if you found him.

evenflow
12-20-2001, 07:33 AM
I remember reading about that cinema scene, I was so pumped for it, and then i heard it was only a rumor. :( I looks like we will have at least 2 of the 2, and that ain't bad. :) Who knows, maybe we will get Hermi Odle in the future.

Wolfwood319
12-20-2001, 08:56 AM
That would've been a hugh cinema scene though. Those 3 are 3 of the biggest heavy-weights in the OT. The box would've had to have been abnormally large to get all three of them in there. Not to mention the base would've have to have been enlarged as well.

evenflow
12-20-2001, 10:26 AM
This is true, but it would have been incredible.

Jargo
12-20-2001, 11:24 AM
MMMMMMMM, cinema scene... hermi Odle..... Ephant Mon..... Amanaman..... DOH!

I would have loved to see the box for a biggir like that! Ephant Mon can be seen in the moment when Leia and Han are embracing after Han is thawed. The curtain swishes back to reveal Jabba and his goons on the one side and Ephant Mon and the rest of the goons on the other.

Hermi is the bestest monster in the palace IMO what a disgusting perverted looking heap of dead meat he looks! COOOOOL!!!!! :D
Monsters should look that way, not prettied up to appeal to the kiddies. A big cinema scene would have been cool but it's never going to happen. The biggest figures we've had are Maul with swishing robes and Horox Ryyder. But what did they pack with? smaller figures. So all those existing cinema scenes balanced out at three normal sized figures each really. Anyway, I'd rather get individual deluxe figure packs for the bigger figures cuz it seems to be the only way we'll get them at all. Bring 'em on I say.:happy:

jedibear
12-21-2001, 03:56 AM
....he figures pretty prominately in the prequel comic series "Prelude to a Rebellion" along with Kai Adi Mundi.

...I too remember that rumored Cinema Scene with Mon, Odle & Amana...but I think it was more wishful thinking on collector's parts (including this one!)...

Looking at the great detail that figures have had lately, I've got high hopes for the Ephont Man figure....