PDA

View Full Version : Contest on Cartoonnetwork.com

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2004, 04:45 PM
On the main page, there is a link to a contest on cartoonnetwork.com where you can be a designer for a day and design whatever toy you want! It's just for people age 3-18, but still since I am 14 (and there are some people under 18 on here) it looks good. If you win the grand prize, you design what you want, plus you get a lot of stuff (most of it is already out, but it's subject to change). There are a whole bunch of second prizes, which are two deluxe figures (Clone Wars droid army and yellow clone army are shown) and two basic figures (the Yoda/Padawan sets are shown), but they could change too.

I entered, and really hope to win (though I probably won't). I wonder if they'd let you design a screen scene? That way you could really design three figures at a time.

Kidhuman
03-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Looks like my kids will be entering this contest.

bobafrett
03-17-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm 17 at heart. Does that qualify?

evenflow
03-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Damn, I signed up for not realizing the age limitation thing. That sucks.

plo koon 200
03-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Jabba you get to make an action figure of your choice. I'm 18. I hope I win. I think I will try to get them to make a figure that I know they won't make. I was thinking Hermie or ultimate, ultimate Vader but they may make them so I think the dead version of Shmi or rosted Owen or Beru might do. It is not that I am sick or twisted, I just know they would never make those figures otherwise.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Oops, I said 3-18 but it's actually 6-18, don't know if this messes anyone up.

In the unlikely event that I win, I wouldn't know what to design. I could go for a superposeable version of Anakin with a huge portion of the droid factory and neutral cape, or a superposeable Yoda with a lot of stuff from the hangar duel. Or something that they might not get to like Yarna or Hermi or the Tonnika sisters. I guess I'll see . . .

Darth Mina
03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Well not many of us 30+ are goimg to be in the contest :cry:
Good luck Jabba!!! :D :D

Kidhuman
03-18-2004, 07:54 PM
All you had to do was eneter your email Address. My kids dont have one so I used mine, wonder if that makes a difference?

silentsteel70
03-18-2004, 08:28 PM
God are my husband and I the olsdest ones on here???? LOL...I feel real old now...finding out there are 14 and 18 year olds here... :(...and the only child we have at home living with us is too young!!...this really sucks big time!!

plo koon 200
03-18-2004, 11:08 PM
There are a lot of old people here. Jabba and I are in the minority here. Right Jabba?

jjreason
03-19-2004, 04:06 AM
Go get 'em, Younguns! We're all rootin' for ya, because we know that IF you win you'll be coming back here to see what we all want, right? Right???? :D

Kidding fellas, we know you'll do us proud. :)

Yarna.

LTBasker
03-19-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm 17 so I could probably enter it, just... I'm afraid of meeting them, I'm afraid I might see figures from 2002, and go into endless bloodshed as I fling sharpened lightsaber pieces into them with the help of Throne Room and Bespin Vaders! :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey old(er) people, don't feel bad. I'm in the age minority on here, and I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest. There was another guy my age or so, but he only posted once or twice.

Does anyone know if it's just a figure, or something else? I think a screen scene could be good from Jabba's Palace, the cantina, or the arena.

Kidhuman
03-19-2004, 11:10 PM
I dunno John, I looked at the prizes and really cant tell. If that is the ultimate prize pack it is pretty cheap.

vadersvette
03-20-2004, 06:42 PM
I just entered the contest (I'm 17.) I too would like to see a decent Vader, or some pilots (Hobbie, Zev, and a remake of Biggs). My list goes on and on... :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2004, 06:44 PM
For everyone who keeps asking for another Vader - the modern-vintage one is a great sculpt with lots of articulation and a cloth cape. If you're asking for a super articulated version of a character, go for someone who's not in the modern-vintage line. Just a suggestion.

vadersvette
03-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Jabba, I was just saying that there should be a good Vader, OTC vintage or not (I'm hoping it will be--it will be the crown of my collection, especially being on a vintage card!) BTW, have you seen a picture of the vintage Vader?

Kidhuman
03-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Picture here. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=312664&postcount=1)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Well, Hasbro should have picked the names by now. I read they will start sending e-mails on March 31. I'm still hoping . . .