PDA

View Full Version : Goatee

Darth Jax
03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
the goatee seemed to be at it's height of popularity about several years ago. KH is single-handedly trying to bring it back with his avatar. i'm wondering how many of the males here still sport one?

i've worn at least a goatee since about 92, i figure the more of my face i hide the better. it goes from full-on shaggy beard to really short stubbly goatee and everything in between but i honestly can't remember what i look like completely clean-shaven.

Kidhuman
03-18-2004, 09:55 PM
I sport one. And I am darn proud of it. And leave my avatar out of this. :beard: rules all and I am keeper of the :beard: dont believe me see my sig line. :beard: out

:crazed: please dont take offense to my post. I am completely goofing. I like the :beard: smilie.

silentsteel70
03-18-2004, 10:46 PM
I usually have one, but once amonth a have to shave it off when i go to National Guard drill weekends. I like them because it hides a part of my face,
don't like everybody to know what I really look like. Have to keep some mystery about me.

darthvyn
03-18-2004, 11:43 PM
i've had all kindsa facial hair formations... i've had sideburns of varying lenghts/styles since i was a sophmore in high school, which is now about 10 years... from straight and even with the earlobe, to mutton chops, to triangular points, to full out wolvie-berzerk style all the way to the corners of the mouth, plus all kinds of beards... the van dyke (which is REALLY what the beard smiley has... it's the goatee with a mustache - attached or not...) the goatee, the amish beard, (no 'stache) the fu-manchu/hulk hogan 'stache, just the sides of the fu-manch (no hair on the upper lip itself,) the jesse ventura 'stache that comes to points at the corners of the mouth, and the total white trash/biker dude full beard without chin hair, in essence, a moustache that connects with the wolvie-berzerk style sideburns... i grew that especially for my motorcycle learner's permit...

facial hair is fun...

maybe some lightning bolt sideburns are in order...

jjreason
03-19-2004, 03:41 AM
I have to shave for work 4 times out of 8 days, so sporting a goatee isn't happening on this end. HOWEVER, I've made an application that may allow me to start sporting facial hair again. Hopefully by now those scragglers that connect the upper part to the lower part will be thicker and more convincing. The last goatee I had was a wee bit lopsided, so I wound up shaving off the connectors and having a Col Sanders deal happening. Funky, it was.

Bosskman
03-19-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm in the Militia up here in Canada (sorta like the National Guard in the States) and so I can't have one (although they're allowed in the Navy). I've tried growing one at times but I just don't like the look and feel of it. I'm pretty much anti-hair in general. When I do have hair, I have long sideburns (anothe nono in the militia) but usually I just shave my head and face completely bald.

mabudonicus
03-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Just wanna correct one thing ine this thread....
KH ain't trying to go this alone :beard:
I've changed my avatar to one of the most powerful :beard:'s I can recaall from my young life... this :beard: was everywhere back in the day (PS it's not Gene simmons, but it kinda looks like him)

Looks like we did it, beard has caught FIRE:beard:

Kidhuman
03-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Beard is the hottest thing since McDonald's coffee. Catch the fun and excitement here and only here at SSG. :beard:

Exhaust Port
03-19-2004, 12:56 PM
I had a goatee for a few months in college out of boredom. But then I got a bit itchy and stuff, probably because I wasn't use to hair on my face, so I shaved it off. I now have a job that doesn't allow facial hair so I won't be able to have any until I retire. There was one exception, a few years ago I was stuck in training limbo which kept me out of the "office" so I was free to do what I wanted. I took the opportunity to sport the full beard for about 3 months. I rule! I remember that not being as itchy so I kind of liked it. But all good thinks come to an end and I had to go back to work so the beard came off. I miss not having to shave.

Bosskman
03-19-2004, 01:11 PM
I like the not having to shave part but I don't like the way a full beard feels on me. I remember when I was doing my officer training and I cut myself pretty good with a razor while I was shaving in the field. I got a chit from the medics that said I couldn't shave for 3 weeks. Not only did I feel out of place with the rest of my course, but I always felt dirty and itchy. Besides, everyone called me grizzlyadams. If I ever get the money to do it, I'm getting every hair on me removed with a lazer.

2-1B
03-19-2004, 01:15 PM
I've heard the ladies are big fans of the ol' goatee tickler . . .

El Chuxter
03-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Rupert has a beard, and what Rupert has must be cool!

Darth Jax
03-19-2004, 06:41 PM
I've heard the ladies are big fans of the ol' goatee tickler . . .

i've known a few of them like that. have known others that gave the facial hair ultimatum though. ultimately choose :beard:

jjreason
03-19-2004, 07:11 PM
In my limited experience, girls love smooth faces and either long hair or buzzcuts. Any time you have something a girl likes the feel of - that's a good thing. ;)

B'Omarr Monkey
03-19-2004, 07:48 PM
I had a van dyke for a few years after college, before they became popular, then shaved it off when it seemed like everyone else had one. Recently, my wife talked me into growing one again.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2004, 08:38 PM
I had one on two separate instances. First time, I went Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains fame: about 2-3 inches below the chin. Ugh, that hurt many a time, when it got bent the wrong way. Second time was more subdued, but while shaving around it I got too close and in trying to "Bert and Ernie" it * , I cut too much off on another side and had to ditch it all together. Since then, I've had a couple beards, but they're too hot and itchy for me.

* Bert and Ernie = to take small bits off in an attempt to even things. From a Sesame Street episode when Ernie has two pieces of licorice and they're not the same length. He keeps nibbling a bit off at a time to make them equal for he and Bert, and eventually eats both completely.

Reefer Shark
03-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Man, been sporting the goat & stash for so long that I hardly remember what my face looks like without them.....

I've had random combinations of goat/stash for about the last 20 years or so, but about the last 12 years have been pretty much the constant van dyke. I've "bert and ernied" it off a few times on accident, plus shaved completely for some job interviews too, but never actually had a job that made me keep it shaved off.

All of my girlfreinds have been fans of the goat, and my fiance doesn't have any idea what my face looks like without it:beard:. I should shave it for the wedding just to freak her out!lol

Darth Kev
03-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Reefer Shark I hear ya on the fiance thing!! I'm not shavin' for the wedding though!!:beard:
Had a full beard for the first year ('93) and now I've only been shavin' my cheeks ever since. Every once in a while I'll shave it real short, but never all the way.
They're good camouflage for us old guys gettin' the double chin!!

Reefer Shark
03-19-2004, 09:33 PM
They're good camouflage for us old guys gettin' the double chin!!LOL man!!!! Too true....

Kidhuman
03-19-2004, 10:50 PM
:beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

B'Omarr Monkey
03-20-2004, 12:28 AM
* Bert and Ernie = to take small bits off in an attempt to even things. From a Sesame Street episode when Ernie has two pieces of licorice and they're not the same length. He keeps nibbling a bit off at a time to make them equal for he and Bert, and eventually eats both completely.

I wish that they'd put out a really good collection of all of the B&E routines. I actually bought my kids the one that they have on VHS, and it's okay but they're missing all the great ones like the licorice, the one where B & E share a bologna sandwich and Ernie leaves Bert w/empty bread, the one where Ernie has a bowling alley going in the bathroom keeping Bert awake, the floppy arms one where Ernie checks to see if Bert's sleeping and wakes him up, the one where Ernie sculpts a bust of Bert but runs out of clay and finishes it with Bert's actual nose, etc. What a classic comedy team those two are!

I also wouldn't mind a collection of Grover's adventures in waitering. That Blue bald guy muppet was the most underated muppet on the cast.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-20-2004, 07:59 AM
I wish that they'd put out a really good collection of all of the B&E routines. I actually bought my kids the one that they have on VHS, and it's okay but they're missing all the great ones like the..., the one where..., the one where..., the... one where, the one where..., etc. What a classic comedy team those two are!

I also wouldn't mind a collection of Grover's adventures in waitering. That Blue bald guy muppet was the most underated muppet on the cast.
Grover was bald?!? :confused: Were any of the furry, hairy Muppets really bald? ;) Did any Muppet have a goatee? Maybe Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle. Of course, The Count.
I still like the "I eight the sandbox" dialogue. Whenever someone says they "won" something, I try to get them to "ate" something. *

*Note: key to not eight-ing something is to begin with the odd number. You may not realize it, but 8 is an even number. It works every time; try it!:p

Devo
03-20-2004, 03:37 PM
I had a tache and goatee for 2 years of my 3 year college stint (I'm still in the third and hating it). I grew the hair because every time I shaved I either aggravated existing spots or caused new ones. Leaving a layer of fuzz on your face (though not a defined goatee etc) I find helps if, like me, you have mild acne scarring. When I'm clean shaven my skin looks diabolical so I'll never go that route again for the rest of my life. However I did decide to take off the tache and goatee as they were a pain in the arse to maintain (I don't like the wild, wiry look) and also because my own facial hair closely resembled pubes such was its length and consistency.

Bosskman
03-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Yeah, my individual facial hairs are pretty thick too. I actually hate shaving, it irritates my skin like nothing else. Sometimes I have to shave everyday (mostly for militia) and it gives me big-time razor burn and ingrowns. Also, after a coulple of days in a row of shaving, no razor can get the stubble off. I bleed and bleed and bleed. Damn I hate facial hair. Lazer, here I come.

Kidhuman
03-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Ack, the hatred for shaving. It was discussed way back when in this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=18444) .

mabudonicus
03-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Right, this just in... straight from :beard: headquarters!!!
:beard: shall henceforth be referred to as the "Emoti-Koan", the "only emotion you don't feel" (heck, even Pirate suggests something)

The meaning of it, you might ask??? "What is IS, man"

Or something like that.

And now that I'm feeling all :beard:, it's time for some Dengar jokes....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-21-2004, 12:10 PM
I can't grow much in the way of facial hair yet, though I have ungodly amounts of leg hair and some hair in other *ahem* places where I don't think you're supposed to get hair. My parents make me shave my face every two weeks or so, but as soon as I can I'll grow a beard/goatee. I want to work with films (maybe director?) eventually, so I've gotta go with the George/Steven/Peter director beard. :D

The 'Xir
03-21-2004, 01:54 PM
I want to work with films (maybe director?) eventually, so I've gotta go with the George/Steven/Peter director beard. :D

I was gonna acknowledge this Director aspect also!
I've sported a Van Dyke for about 2 years now, and I think alot of us could credit Ole georgey boy for our facial folical fascination! You know kinda like how when your influenced by friends or family to do certain things, or carry yourself in certain ways. Instead of the Force maybe subconsciously George was actuall trying to make us realize the power of the beard!!! :beard: ;)

Kidhuman
03-21-2004, 01:56 PM
but as soon as I can I'll grow a beard/goatee. :D

Right on, thats what I like to hear. With that attitude :beard: will never die. LONG LIVE :beard:

EMOTI-KOAN

Devo
03-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I have ungodly amounts of leg hair and some hair in other *ahem* places where I don't think you're supposed to get hair.

Whatever other 'places' you're talking about you're probably not the only one. :D

Oh and if people find a full shave causes all sorts of irritations I recommend not going clean shaven. Use a (head)hair razor and leave short hairs/stubble unless its against work rules. I don't have particularly great facial hair coverage but it still looks quite good so if you do have proper coverage I definitely recommend the designer stubble look.

TeeEye7
03-23-2004, 06:16 AM
GOAT TEA???!!

Man, I've heard you have to tone that stuff down with sugar or honey!

mabudonicus
03-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Great for growing tomatoes, gota-tea....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Anyways, NEWS FLASH

Today I actually shaved :beard: onto my face... it looks pretty durn cool, once the hype builds a bit I will post a pic...

Kidhuman
03-23-2004, 12:18 PM
OMG I gotta see it. I will build the hype single handedly.

bobafrett
03-23-2004, 12:23 PM
There will be no talk of a goatee in the presence of an Imperial Stormtrooper........What, who did that? Who goateed my helmet? wait, I'm getting kind of used to the look of a goatee, it will make me stand out with the other troopers.......!

Kidhuman
03-23-2004, 12:38 PM
My wife has now grown a :beard:

Kidhuman
03-23-2004, 12:55 PM
GOAT TEA???!!

Man, I've heard you have to tone that stuff down with sugar or honey!

Your name has now changed. From now on you will be Goat-tee eye.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Whatever other 'places' you're talking about you're probably not the only one. :D

Oh and if people find a full shave causes all sorts of irritations I recommend not going clean shaven. Use a (head)hair razor and leave short hairs/stubble unless its against work rules. I don't have particularly great facial hair coverage but it still looks quite good so if you do have proper coverage I definitely recommend the designer stubble look.
I know about armpit, pubic, etc. But this isn't one of those. Apparently my dad doesn't have any in that area, or so he says, so I assumed it was kinda odd. :sur:

I also have some hair on my feet and toes, so my sisters say I have Hobbit-feet :D

Kidhuman
03-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Do your sisters have hair on their toes too? If so, then dont sweat it, its genetic. If they dont, who cares all men have hair on their toes. :beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2004, 07:16 PM
It's a bit hard to tell, but my avatar shows me with the beard I specifically grew for my Jedi outfit for the opening day show of TPM. Not bad for two weeks! Okay, it's bad. :( :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
03-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Wait'll you see my :beard: (how's that for hype building??:D)

Don't sweat yer :beard: pic, BCJ, as it's the beard in your heart that counts, not the one on yer face
:beard:

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Come on man, post that pic, we need a :beard:ed Mabs shot. :beard:

Reefer Shark
03-24-2004, 10:53 AM
KH, congratulations!!!

The goat is on fire, and it owes it all to you! :beard:

I long for the day when all SSG'ers and their avatars are sporting facial hair!

Long live the :beard:

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Its not just me, if :beard: didnt have the appeal, no one would of jumped on it. AllI did was bring it to light with Mabs and Chuxter. We had some on line chats about :beard: and we decided to pay homeage. BTW love the :beard:ed monkey.

Actually its owed to SirSteve for bringing beard tous in true EMOTI-KOAN fashion

Maybe next, we will incporparate :beard: into speech, like the smurfs.....

I found :beard: Spijek today and the :beard: wave. :beard: Lucas is making Episode :beard:

El Chuxter
03-24-2004, 12:13 PM
. . . it's the beard in your heart that counts, not the one on yer face

That's a quote of the day if ever I heard one! :beard:

scruffziller
03-24-2004, 12:17 PM
They're good camouflage for us old guys gettin' the double chin!!
I have a chin "V" to hide the double chin I have always seemed to have had. And I am only 29. But as a full goat.... Nope not happening, I have the shave every 5 days syndrome so it is hard to get any growth going at all. My beard is all patchy and peach fuzzy. Doesn't come in with much color either. Got to buy JUST FOR MEN coloring to give it the color.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Ah, c'mon you guys!! Isn't the goatee a little too much late 90's trendy?!!?? I mean, i would wear a goatee, but i'd be afraid to get somebody tapping on my shoulder and saying, "hey, 1996 called, they want their goatee back."

But hey, i'm not here to judge; more power to y'all. While you're going 90's, might as well toss on some flannel and use lots of laser pointers. :crazed:

El Chuxter
03-24-2004, 04:40 PM
What's wrong with flannel? I was wearing it before Kurt Cobain, and I'm wearing it after him. I plan to be buried in flannel.

You know who else loves flannel? George Lucas!

Ripping on flannel, I can't believe it. :mad:

jjreason
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Canadians love flannel. Seattle only went to the Harewood Dinner Jacket style after they saw "Strange Brew". :D

2-1B
03-25-2004, 12:03 PM
:beard:s are overrated.

mabudonicus
03-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Well, ya'll get a two for one, a sorta preview of my personal :beard: AND a pic of the lovely (and extremely patient, I must add:D) JediElf....

I have a whole :beard: chronicle in my HD, I will make it available for any who care.
This is a fun business,thanks to everyone for getting into our frivolous goofiness!!

Oh, and Caesar... Hands down, you have created the most :beard: thing I've seen all day, Cheers man!!! :beard:
\m\:beard:/m/

Kidhuman
03-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Props on the 'tar Caesar. Mabs sweet pic, worth the hype.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Grover was bald?!? :confused: Were any of the furry, hairy Muppets really bald? ;) Did any Muppet have a goatee? Maybe Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle. Of course, The Count.
I still like the "I eight the sandbox" dialogue. Whenever someone says they "won" something, I try to get them to "ate" something. *

*Note: key to not eight-ing something is to begin with the odd number. You may not realize it, but 8 is an even number. It works every time; try it!:p

No, not Grover, the blue, balding human guy who I think also had a mustache. He was kind of heavyset and appeared as a supporting character in many skits.

I don't think any other muppets had facial hair beyond their fur, but let's not forget Sam the Snowman from "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

2-1B
03-27-2004, 12:31 AM
Oh, and Caesar... Hands down, you have created the most :beard: thing I've seen all day, Cheers man!!! :beard:
\m\:beard:/m/

Thanks mate, I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and honor my love for our oil-based economy as well as the female gender. :)

TeeEye7
03-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Your name has now changed. From now on you will be Goat-tee eye.

....and I shall carry it with honor! ;)

Thanks. KH!

GTI7 :crazed:

mabudonicus
03-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Glad at least KH liked the last pic :D
here's the current state of :beard:
It's looking pretty good, doesn't all show upin pics thanks to the crazy amount of snow white hair in it :beard:

More to come!!!
\m/

Kidhuman
03-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Rock the :beard: son.......you go ............

Emperor Howdy
04-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Hmmm,

Hey! This IS fun!

:beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

JEDIpartner
04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
The Goatee, in combination with the shaved head, is the new Mullet!!! If you go into any redneck, cow-pie town you will see this look everywhere!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUGHHHHH HHH!!!! :eek:

it really is true, actually.... and sadly.

Kidhuman
04-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Dude, it has been going on in many a towns for many a years. I started doing it back in 94. Awesome stuff. Give it a try.

CaptainSolo1138
04-15-2004, 11:04 PM
No, not Grover, the blue, balding human guy who I think also had a mustache. He was kind of heavyset and appeared as a supporting character in many skits.

He was that guy who always played the waiter in the restaraunt. Why I remember that is beyond me. I would qualify that as a bald muppet. :)

James Boba Fettfield
04-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Dude, it has been going on in many a towns for many a years. I started doing it back in 94. Awesome stuff. Give it a try.

I support your look. You would make foul mouthed comedian Dave Attell proud, and he got to meet the Scorpions (http://www.daveattell.com/3.jpg) with the shaved head and beard look. The Scorpions! Here I am, rock-well, you understand.

As for the mullet, how many other haircuts can boast of being business in the front and party in the back?

mabudonicus
04-29-2004, 08:21 AM
By dictionary definition, :beard: also means "face courageously or defiantly, as if pulling by the beard"

I submit this classic image as reference, Grim Reaper Fighting Hawkeye and the Avengers from a Marvel 2-in-one

evenflow
04-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Well I have a goatee, which I have had for i'd say 8 years now since I was a freshman in highschool. Not shaved head though, very long hair.

mabudonicus
04-30-2004, 07:31 AM
I have changed my avatar to yet another :beard: related image, hope it pleases....
No-one has said much about all the :beard: in the playoffs... Even Sundin has one now...

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 08:01 PM
SUndin and his :beard: made a perfect pass to Alexander the :beard: the other night. Sweet power of the :beard:

bobafrett
05-31-2004, 07:38 AM
Well, since my move, I have found an excuse not to shave, so I have a beard coming in. I realize it's not a goatee, but can be made into one if I so desire. I am on the right, the one with the beard, along with some of my fellow costuming club friends.

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the :beard:ed world.

bobafrett
05-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the :beard:ed world.

Thanks! Not sure how long I will keep it for, but I have had the look for about a month, and it has been filling in quite nicely! Got some gray going in the beard!

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 08:00 AM
Keep it for life. Its not a look its a statement.

Reefer Shark
05-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks! Not sure how long I will keep it for, but I have had the look for about a month, and it has been filling in quite nicely! Got some gray going in the beard!
Gettin some grays huh?? My fiance freaks out whenever she sees a gray in my goat. She says "you're ooooooooold!!!". :beard:

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Gray just means "Experienced" Leave it alone.

Reefer Shark
05-31-2004, 02:19 PM
Gray just means "Experienced" Leave it alone.
LOL! That's what I keep telling her...

Bobby Fett
06-04-2004, 09:40 PM
I've never had a goatee, but I have had beards now and then. The 'stache has been with me for 34 years. :beard:

Kidhuman
06-05-2004, 12:00 AM
The old school 'stache. Pretty sweet. Represent the old skool wisely.

Reefer Shark
06-05-2004, 12:57 AM
The "stach/no chin hair" thing is definitely old skool. Hats off to you for sticking to your guns. :smoker:

B'Omarr Monkey
06-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Gettin some grays huh?? My fiance freaks out whenever she sees a gray in my goat. She says "you're ooooooooold!!!". :beard:

Except for the soul patch part, the all the hair in my gotee south of my lips is white. My wife actually likes it quite a bit -- or, at least that's what she tells me. :sur:

Darth Jax
06-05-2004, 10:58 PM
plenty of grays coming out amongst the darker ones on my head. but my goatee overall looks much blonder than the rest of my hair.

bobafrett
06-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I like my gray hair, they are about the only thing about me that shows age, well that and being able to say I remember a time before cable television! Great, now I feel as old as my gray hair makes me look. I want my wookie plush toy to snuggle with.

-Durge-
06-07-2004, 03:06 AM
Iam onnly 16 is it true the more you shave the thucker it becomes becuase I cannot get one.

James Boba Fettfield
06-07-2004, 03:22 AM
I think we'd have a cure for baldness if that were true.

Kidhuman
06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Not really JBFF. Cant shave whats not there.

James Boba Fettfield
06-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, before it all falls out then. ;)

Think of it as preventive measure, which leaves you with the baldness you were hoping to avoid.

I didn't say I had it all figured out yet, in time though.

Kidhuman
06-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Try Rogaine or SySprling

B'Omarr Monkey
06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Iam onnly 16 is it true the more you shave the thucker it becomes becuase I cannot get one.

I knew a guy in college that we used to call Amish Boy ,because all of his attempts at growing a beard would result in this whispy version of Abe Lincoln's beard. He could not grow a mustache at all, and what he could grow as a beard was very sparse and patchy. Poor guy.

In other hair related topics, it seems I finally get to cut off my rat's tail and pony tail stub as I have moved on from being a padawan to a full Jedi Knight. Refreshements will be served in the banquet hall at 11:00.

Bobby Fett
06-07-2004, 09:05 PM
In other hair related topics, it seems I finally get to cut off my rat's tail and pony tail stub as I have moved on from being a padawan to a full Jedi Knight. Refreshements will be served in the banquet hall at 11:00.

Congratulations! :)

bobafrett
06-09-2004, 08:40 AM

Nope, my friend who is a month older than me, hasn't been able to grow a beard. We are both 39, and my beard is coming in dark and thick, and at best he gets a really light goatee. I think it's all in your genetics. Besides if I remember right, at 16 I never had to worry about shaving period. :beard:

-Durge-
06-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Well stuff grows thats for sure, just not beard thick...

evenflow
06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Man, I had a full mustache in like 6th grade, goatee by eigth. I love being Italian.

Kidhuman
06-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Damn you must have a hairy back too. I am Italian and didnt get facial hair until age 14.