PDA

View Full Version : The Real Title of Episode III

plo koon 200
03-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Afriend of mine who has limited insider info has told me the title to Episode III. He seemed very certain that this was the actual title. He gave me three tries to guess to the title.
My first guess was Revenge of the Sith. He said no but close
My second guess was Birth of the Empire. He said I was very close
So I guessed Rise of the Empire. He said I was very close, yet again.

Eventually I got him to tell me the title and he told me it was "A Sith Empire"
So there you have it. What do you guys think?

Boba Rhett
03-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Ehh.. sounds kinda stupid to me. Like a skit title.

2-1B
03-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Is your friend's name DeadEye ?

plo koon 200
03-19-2004, 02:27 PM
He wishes to remain unknown but I can tell you it is no one from these forums.

And Boba Rhett, didn't the last two titles sound stupid at first?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Er, how does your friend know this? It seems kinds hokey to me. I guess it could work, but I don't really like it that much. If it is real, it will most likely grow on me, but I'm not sure right now.

sith_killer_99
03-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Hmmm, yeah it sounds kinda hokey, but then again...

Does anyone remember the first pics of the mock-up for the TIE Bomber?

Howabout the mysterious "insider info" on the "pink" Clone Wars cardbacks.

Both of which turned out much closer to reality than we may care to admit.

The one thing I have learned over the years is, don't count anything out.
;)

joesdomain
03-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Since The Phantom Menance and A New Hope are three words, Attack of the Clones and The Empire Strikes Back are four words and Return of the Jedi is four words then Episode III should follow the pattern with four words. I doubt that is the title.

Darkness Shroud
03-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Cant say i have been keen i the titles of the prequels, but " A Sith Empire"?
That plain sucks! I would rather it be "Birth of the Empire" or " Revenge of the Sith"! If i were a betting man i would put a £1 on the latter.:) :D lol :crazed: (I'm bound to be wrong so i dont mind losing a £1!):rolleyes:

plo koon 200
03-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Since The Phantom Menance and A New Hope are three words, Attack of the Clones and The Empire Strikes Back are four words and Return of the Jedi is four words then Episode III should follow the pattern with four words. I doubt that is the title.
But it does follow the title pattern. My friend also explained that to me.

The Phantom Menace-The Empire Strikes Back
both begin with "the"

Attack of the Clones-Return of the Jedi
both have "of the"

A Sith Empire-A New Hope
both have three words and begin with "A"

Pendo
03-20-2004, 12:47 PM
I think the pattern fits more
A New Hope - The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones - Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back - Episode III.

A Sith Empire sounds terrible :(.

PENDO!

Boba Rhett
03-20-2004, 06:00 PM
And Boba Rhett, didn't the last two titles sound stupid at first?

It sounded odd to me. The kind of odd that grows on you. "A Sith Empire" just sounds stupid. :(

The 'Xir
03-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I think it might work better, if it's called, "The Sith Empire"
check it out...
EpsiodeIII: "The Sith Empire"

Amazing what one little word can do! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Also, none of the other movies share words, except for "the" and "of" etc. If it was called A Sith Empire, it would have the word Empire with The Empire Strikes Back. It seems anal, but I don't think it's a good title.

When will there be an official press release about the title? You know, where it says "it's a title that harkens back to the fun of the original trilogy" or whatever. I'm thinking late summer, but I could be wrong.

Sebulba_Fett
03-22-2004, 12:54 PM
I think it will probably be late August/early September. If I remember correctly that was the time period that EII's title was announced as "Attack of the Clones". And no matter what anybody is saying now, I don't think we'll know the actual working title until then. I mean, even with all of the leaks that were coming out with AOTC I don't remember anyone even being close on that one.

arctangent
03-23-2004, 07:25 AM
But it does follow the title pattern. My friend also explained that to me.

The Phantom Menace-The Empire Strikes Back
both begin with "the"

Attack of the Clones-Return of the Jedi
both have "of the"

A Sith Empire-A New Hope
both have three words and begin with "A"

there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern there really. you are comparing the second ot film with the first prequel film and the second prequel film with the third ot film. if there was going to be a recognisable pattern, surely it would be the title of the first film of each series would be alike, the title of the second film of each series would be alike and the title of the third film of each series would be alike.

the phantom menace and a new hope are similar titles - they are both implying something, telling us something about the state of the times - almost letting us in on a secret, if you like. all the other titles are much more action oriented - 'attack' of the clones, the empire 'strikes back', 'return' of the jedi.

'a sith empire' just doesn't fit in with those, especially if george lucas is harking back to the original trilogy. its far too static as a title.

Darkness Shroud
03-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I think all the 4-3-4 in the title is way too analytical. Dont forget George Lucas loves the old fifties serials like Flash Gordon. So like PM & AOTC the new films title may have some resemblance to an old favorite program of his.:)

Darkness Shroud
03-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Just been browsing Jedidefender.com for the first time and under there EP3 titles someone suggested "Shadow of the Sith". Sounds a bit too much like "Shadows of the Empire" but it sounds better than what ive heard.:) These are also on there, some i and no doubt many of you have heard of as well.

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Fall of the Republic
3. The Rise of the Empire
4. The Dark Times (that one is terrible)

Well George we await your answer...................:beard: !!!

JEDIpartner
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
So... good old Harry over at "AICN" seems to think the title of EPISODE III is going to be "The Creeping Fear", eh? Why not? It's no dumber than "A New Hope" or "The Phantom Menace" or "Attack of the Clones". Apparently and allegedly he's been tipped off by some industry insider. What can I say? A crappy title won't diminish my enjoyment of the film as long as it's good. Hell... George could call it "Droids Do the Hula" for all I care. :rolleyes:

clonehead
03-25-2004, 12:06 AM
nah, i think they should have it say "fall of the republic"

Pendo
03-25-2004, 05:22 AM
It should be called "Anakin Is Really Darth Vader" just to get it over and done with :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

arctangent
03-25-2004, 06:59 AM
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Fall of the Republic
3. The Rise of the Empire
4. The Dark Times (that one is terrible)

revenge of the sith is perhaps a bit obvious as rotj was originally supposed to have revenge in the title. fall of the republic and rise of the empire are both ok and rise... ties in nicely with tesb. the dark time is as bad as a sith empire.

"The Creeping Fear", eh? Why not? It's no dumber than "A New Hope" or "The Phantom Menace" or "Attack of the Clones". Apparently and allegedly he's been tipped off by some industry insider. What can I say? A crappy title won't diminish my enjoyment of the film as long as it's good. Hell... George could call it "Droids Do the Hula" for all I care.

very true. the creeping fear isn't too bad but as you say it doesn't matter what its called. perhaps we all place too much importance on titles. we will all go to the cinema and see it whatever its called.

It should be called "Anakin Is Really Darth Vader" just to get it over and done with

what do you mean?! anakin? darth vader? you have really spoilt the surprise for me now pendo lol !

evenflow
03-25-2004, 08:13 AM
The Creeping Fear just does not sound right to me.

arctangent
03-25-2004, 09:07 AM
its not really dynamic enough is it. i guess that senator palpatine becoming emperor and being revealed as the sith master, darth vader being created and the fall of the jedi the film should have a title that reflects those momentous happenings.

JEDIpartner
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Debunking "The Creeping Fear":

Allegedly, they are now saying someone made that title up (no, really?!!); basing it off of a film Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee starred in together. It was called "The Creeping Flesh". Who knows... the rumour could be true or the debunking could be true. At this point... it's anybody's guess.

scruffziller
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Let's remember this thread when in about a year when the title is revealed. We shall wait and see. But it needs to be a title that does not tell of any forshadowing of the OT. "Rise of the Empire" would do as such. "Revenge of the Sith" sounds as fitting as anything could be.

Darkness Shroud
03-25-2004, 01:17 PM
"The Creeping Fear"? That's something i do on a Friday night/morning when i get home drunk! I wake my Dad and i'll wish mine WAS Darth Vader. (He look's more like a gammorrean guard though!):)

clonehead
03-25-2004, 02:14 PM
well the one thing i can say is that they can't screw up a title like the did for ATOC, it should have just been CLONE WARS!!!!!!!!!!!! damn lucas!!!
Well he has a good chance to redeem himself for his previous 2, well lets call them blunders, but Ep1 was just not good in my opinoin.

joe-da
03-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I love the prequels so far and I'm sure #3 won't disappoint, whatever it's called!

clonehead
03-25-2004, 04:07 PM
for lucas's sake, it better not! j/k

darthzirock
03-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Submitted for your approval, a fat toad of a webmaster at a movie site that stopped being interesting or even remotely trustworthy three years ago. Trying to regain favor amongst his fellow film geeks, he throws every crumb of a rumor on his site, only to be continually burned and ridiculed for his inept efforts. His most recent tidbit, the full title of the last film in an insanely popular space fantasy saga, turns out to be a publicity ploy for an obscure band:

"Fi Lo Radio are set to release a new single, Creeping Fear, and have announced a one-off date at Life Café on Thursday 1 April in support of it."
(More at http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/music/2004/03/04/filo_life.shtml.)

Darth Mina
03-26-2004, 03:05 AM
I would call it E3 The Birth of the Empire. That sound corny and we all know GL likes corny titles :D

JEDIpartner
03-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Let's remember this thread when in about a year when the title is revealed.
Actually... we will probably be getting a title this summer. They announced the title of TPM and AOTC the summer before the movie premiered.

vadersvette
03-31-2004, 10:15 PM
I think the pattern fits more
A New Hope - The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones - Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back - Episode III.

A Sith Empire sounds terrible :(.

PENDO!
I agree with you pendo--Not that I'm some kind of English expert but:
ANH & TPH both begin with an article, and have an adjective in the middle.
AOTC & ROTJ give a verb "of the" noun
TESB & EPIII---Article Noun Verb Adverb :crazed: :crazed:

2-1B
04-01-2004, 02:03 AM
The Empire Takes Hold
The Empire Takes Shape

The Separatists Strike Back :D

joesdomain
04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Did anyone notice today that when you move your mouse over the movies part of the starwars.com homepage and the different episode titles appear that they change the subtitle of Episode III from "In Production" to "The Creeping Fear." I wondered if it is a working title because when you click on the movies section and go to page with all 6 of them listed it still just says Episode III. I realize after I saw it that today is April 1st and April Fool's Day in the U.S. What do you guys think?

sicqnus
04-01-2004, 04:22 PM
"The Creeping Fear" is a hoax.
It has always been...

Jedi Commando
04-10-2004, 01:03 PM
We can guess all day but he'll surprise us in the end!

JEDIpartner
04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Just a couple more months, fellas. Have patience. ;)

vadersvette
04-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Just a couple more months, fellas. Have patience. ;)
Yeah, we've gotten enough spoilers already. I want to be suprised at the theater. But still, like mostly everyone else, I want to see more. :crazed: I just looked in my pics folder, and I have 75 EpIII files, plus a bunch more in a SWInsider I bought, so I'm pretty satisfied with how much spoilers I've seen. I'm just waiting for the trailer! :D

joesdomain
04-12-2004, 03:28 AM
I would not mind getting the title released earlier than normal. The more spoilers the better is what I say especially the creatures, droids, vehicles, planets, and starships in episode III.

JEDIpartner
04-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, you know that the title, once it has been verbalised, will make the televised news as well as the entertinment columns and weekly magazines as it did the last two times.

chewbacca71
04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I think your stretching here.... Follows a pattern? That is a weak pattern. Might as well be...

The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones both have 5 syllables, so since Return of the Jedi has six syllables, then Ep III will obviously have 6 syllables, and thus would not follow your pattern.

Just think your not being told the truth.

Tom Araya
04-24-2004, 10:48 PM
It should be called "Anakin Is Really Darth Vader" just to get it over and done with :rolleyes:!

PENDO!LOLOLOLOL!! lol lol

Star Wars: Episode III "Butterflies and Strawberries"..............damn, that's dark and intense. :eek:

sith_killer_99
04-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Hmm, possible titles for EPIII:

Star Wars Episode III: The Sith Empire Rising to Kick the Jedi's Butt

Star Wars Episode III: Palpatine is Really Darth Sidious

Star Wars Episode III: Palpatine is Really Darth Maul

Star Wars Episode III: Senator Palpatine, Who Became Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is Really Emperor Plapatine!

Star Wars Episode III: Return of the Sith

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Jedi

Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the Sith Because You Tried to Kill Anakin and Now he is Darth Vader

Star Wars Episode III: Jar-Jar Dies

Star Wars Episode III: Sifo Dias Was Just Supposed to be A Throw Away Character, Like Boba Fett

Star Wars Episode III: Who Cares About the Title?

Star Wars Episode III: Dark Prophet Rising

Star Wars Episode III: Dark Knight Rising

Star Wars Episode III: Ben Can You Hold My Lightsaber, I'm Always Loosing It

:Pirate:

Turbowars
04-25-2004, 12:27 AM
I swear Lucas lets his bratty kids name the films. I mean Attack Of The Clones has to be one of the worst names to be given to a film. We all know what is should had been called.:rolleyes: Maul bit the dust too soon for a title for EP1. I don't know, Lucas just makes be mad. Really, he is taking the OT feeling away from me. He acts like he hates the OT and that he seems board with the whole thing. I wish he would had let the story end at ROTJ.:cry:

Although the new films are fun, they are not 100% Star Wars.:stupid:

arctangent
04-26-2004, 06:43 AM
I swear Lucas lets his bratty kids name the films. I mean Attack Of The Clones has to be one of the worst names to be given to a film. We all know what is should had been called.:rolleyes:

i don't - what should it have been called?

I wish he would had let the story end at ROTJ.:cry:

i thought he did ;) !

Turbowars
04-26-2004, 08:04 PM
i don't - what should it have been called? The Clone Wars.

i thought he did ;) !Hehe:speech: