PDA

View Full Version : Death star clash Vader.....

Reefer Shark
03-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Anyone else have as much of a hard time finding the HOF asst as I have??? I haven't seen any of these on any toy shelves anywhere :( :( :(

I remember hearing reports that they were showing up at K-Marts, but I have yet to find them there too......

Anyways, I just broke my "don't buy any new figures on ebay" rule and got one off ebay at a very inflated price. I feel like a sucker. I know I can't really complain since I chose to click "bid now". I just had to have it for my carded Vader collection. :stupid:

Wouldn't mind having a few more CT stormy's too, but I don't want 'em enough to resort to ebay.

*ok, I'm done punishing myself for caving in now........

sith_killer_99
03-21-2004, 09:05 PM
I was lucky enough to find a whole set at K-Mart and bought 'em all except Darth Maul (dinged up card). A day later I found another sets at a different K-Mart and scored a MOMC Maul to complete the set.

Those were the only 2 times I ever saw them. :confused:

Kidhuman
03-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Never seen em.

Dr Zoltar
03-21-2004, 09:49 PM
I only saw the remnants of the wave twice. Once at K-Mart and once at TRU. The only figure left was C-3PO at K-Mart. He was MOMC so I snagged him since he was the one I really wanted from this wave. Saw the Luke, R2, and Anakin at TRU that same day. I should have bought the R2 as I went back the next day and they were all gone. I was lucky enough to get the Vader the first time he was released on a Saga card.

sith_killer_99
03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
This is one of those waves that really pays to just order the case. Each case is packed with 1 of each figure. That gives you one of each MOMC with no openers (no need since they are all re-hashes). ;)

Darth Mina
03-22-2004, 12:49 AM
I've only seen the 3PO at Kmart West Covina and TRU in Hwthorne other than that no sign of them
I wanted to score a couple of stormies but no luck :( I did ordered a case from EE (still waiting for wave 4)

jonthejedi
03-22-2004, 05:41 AM
I found the ones I wanted at a local WalMart...who coincidentally never got the Lando skiff or Yavin waves...skipped right to HOF. My Toys R Us just got them in less than a week ago...so there is hope.

sith_killer_99
03-22-2004, 11:58 AM
I found the ones I wanted at a local WalMart...who coincidentally never got the Lando skiff or Yavin waves...skipped right to HOF.

Actually the HOF assortment is pre-Yavin. I believe it is supposed to be the third wave for 2004. At least that's what they posted on EE:

Star Wars 3 3/4 inch Hall of Fame (HOF) action figure assortment Wave 3.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715E

hango fett
03-22-2004, 12:27 PM
i have seen all of them i think. but we only got stormy, 3po, r2, and another i can't remeber right off hand.
H

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2004, 12:51 PM
I don't want any of these as I already have them from previous releases, but I didn't even know they were out yet. My stupid stores think that no stock gets them more money, I guess. Target always has a load of animated figures and occasionally some ultra figures that sell out really fast.

New stock + good supply = happy customers + money for the companies
Wow what a new concept. :sur:

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 12:54 PM
New stock + good supply = happy customers + money for the companies
Wow what a new concept. :sur:

Yeah, basic suply and demand theory. It will work wonders for any business really.

I would like otget the stormtrooper and Vader as I didnt get them the first time around.

jjreason
03-22-2004, 01:27 PM
We apparently got them in Canada, but I saw no sign of them here in Nanaimo. The only wave we've gotten at retail is the Hoth wave (including the first 3 Ultras), with a few late figures from 03 thrown into the mix. A very weird basic figure case with only one key character (Luke Hoth). The rest of the figures are sitting around a little bit, but no where near as long as the 2002 stuff has. The perfect idea would have been to bring in equal amounts each case: new figures and HOF, to provide something for everyone and hopefully hook a few new collectors into the game.

angellus
03-22-2004, 04:50 PM
The K-mart in my area has received at least three HOF cases since early February. I know this because the same SOB dealer has beaten me to the store on three separate occasions and walked out with three sealed cases. But he was kind enough to leave me a wide assortment of dusty Zam Wessells and Senator Palpatines to choose from. The next time it happens I might customize my Porkins figure and make it into a voodoo doll. The likeness is just amazing......

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 05:29 PM
What you have to do when you see him with another full case is mug him in the parking lot. Show him what the Sith can do!!!!!!!! :beard:

Kidhuman
05-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Ifinally found this figure the other day. I had to stash him for two days and pray he was there went i went back. Needless to say he is hanging on my wall right now.

darthzirock
05-08-2004, 01:49 AM
I started seeing these at various NC/SC retailers in early 2004, but usually just the remnants ... a Hanger Duel Anakin Here, a Princess Leia there, a C-3PO elsewhere. Finally, my local Kmart got in a case, and I must have hit the store right after they put them up on the pegs! The only ones I wanted were Maul and Vader, and I snagged those puppies so fast I almost left behind the J-hooks on the cards. Had to go back the next day to return a T-shirt that was torn, and stopped by the action figures aisle. Nothing but dusty old 2002 Saga crumbs left on the Star Wars pegs!

Some areas got these several times, but in my neck of the boonies, that was it! Now, another Kmart about 45 miles away got HOF cases over and over and over--then 2 weeks ago, they finally got the Tatooine wave case.

Sadly, the Death Star Clash Vader cannot hold the Captain Antilles figure by the throat. :confused: However, the Saga 2002 Bespin Duel Vader's open-fingered left hand is perfect for holding Antilles' neck! (I wonder how hard it would be to swap out their arms ...?)