PDA

View Full Version : Who watched The SImpsons tonight?

Kidhuman
03-21-2004, 08:34 PM
If you are on the West Coast and see this, you better watch the Simpsons, as they make fun of good old G. Lu himself and the prequels. Good stuff.

Darth Mina
03-21-2004, 11:43 PM
They did an accurate job describing how we all feel about E1 and (dare I say) Jar-Jar

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Dont ya mean Jim Jam?

scruffziller
03-22-2004, 07:46 AM
I really liked the "imitation gruel" colored Yoda.

Maybe GL will take a hint.........:dis:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I watched it, and it was kinda funny. I missed the first few minutes (I started when Yoda was talking to the senate) so I didn't really know what was going on. I liked Comic Book Guy: "I will only see it three more times . . . today!"

I didn't really get why they made the Cosmic Wars creator so small. It seemed a little too cartoony for The Simpsons, and George isn't even very short (I think).

I want some Jim Jam Bonks cereal :D

Bosskman
03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Jim Jam Bonks! HA! That was one of the better newer episodes. The Tauntaun was a nice touch too. You can't complain about a simpsons that features that much Star Wars and alcohol. Once again, it's just like the simpsons cracked open my head and scooped out the load of crap that's inside. I love it!

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah it was a nice cheap shot to the prequels. I hope Stillakid watched it, as he would probably still be laughing right about now.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-22-2004, 04:42 PM
D'oh! I missed it. I'm sure it'll get rerun soon enough.

Was it as funny as the MAD-TV parody several years back where Skywalker Ranch was some dump in the ghetto and they introduced the character Aunt Jar Jarmima?

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Not really Man Can, but it was pretty funny. Homer and Marge were at a winery next door to the Ranch, and when the G. Lu character came out, the started playing catch with him.

JediTricks
03-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Act 1 got it pretty much straight up, only problem... nearly 5 years too late. ;) Act 2, Marge had some really funny lines, stuff that felt like pre-season-3 Marge. Act 3... well, they can't all be winners. :p

I think they made Lucas... er, "Curtis" short to suggest a Napoleon complex. I was dying when they rattled off the address for complaints to Fox because that actually IS the real address!!! :D

derek
03-23-2004, 03:59 PM
I didn't really get why they made the Cosmic Wars creator so small. It seemed a little too cartoony for The Simpsons, and George isn't even very short (I think).

lucas is about 5 feet 6 inches tall.

i've seen photos of lucas with fans who said they too were 5' 6".:)

Act 1 got it pretty much straight up, only problem... nearly 5 years too late

that's just what i was thinking. i was wondering if this was a re-run i somehow missed from 1999. lol

Exhaust Port
03-23-2004, 09:58 PM
This was a great episode for the SW fans whether you like the PT or not (especially if you don't). The dialog during the movie as well as the dialog that "Lucas" was writting when Bart and Lisa walked in was great! On and on about trade embargos, motions in the Senate, etc. Even though I'm a fan of the PT, this plot junk sucks in my opinion. It was nice to see The Simpsons lean heavily on Lucas for writting such garbage.

The hype they showed for the movie was almost carbon copy for the TPM. I liked how Otto stood in line for weeks for the wrong movie. :) ...and how The Comic Book Guy didn't feel that the Simpsons were worthy of the second spot in line for the movie for their lack of costumes. :D

InsaneJediGirl
03-24-2004, 09:27 AM
I saw it,late but good.Perhaps it was a re-run,or they were just still playing on the 'digital effects make it great' ideas.The cereal reminded me of C3POs though :)

JediTricks
03-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Bleh, why am I not surprised that nobody is talking about yesterday's Simpsons. That was some piece of mess. The only part I even half liked was Cletus foretelling Wiggy's future, and even that didn't come off too well.

Anyway, saw this Simpsons news on IMDB, though it's not totally accurate as I believe Groening voiced Maggie's pacifier in the early days. ;)

The Simpsons creator Matt Groening will finally make a guest appearance on his massively popular show - 15 seasons after it debut. While a host of celebrities have appeared on the hit cartoon Groening has taken a back seat, but will now be seen in an episode which will air on American screens on April 4. He says, "The writers wrote it in as a goof. I thought, 'I'll show them. I'll do it.'" But Groening, who plays himself in the episode, will be introduced as the creator of cartoon Futurama, as he insists he couldn't be identified as the creator of the show on The Simpsons because "the whole universe would implode".

Kidhuman
03-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Could be good or bad. Will have to see. Wonder if they will show any clips from the show.

Silent Chazz
03-30-2004, 01:15 PM
OMG the episode rocked. I wish I could find a spot on the internet with Pics from the episode *Dreams of Jim Jam Bonks Cereal as av*

lol lol lol

JediTricks
03-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Just take a photograph of Alphabits and add extra Js to it. ;)

vadersvette
03-31-2004, 08:54 PM
That was the BEST SW spoof on the Simpsons ever! :D lol :D lol

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Ok, for those who missed it, it will be aired this Sunday night in a Simpsons marathon. Saw the commercial during 24

JediTricks
04-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Maybe I'll tape it this time and look for all the background stuff I wanted to catch last time.

This will be a "marathon" of 3 recent reruns, because last week's "marathon" of 2 recent reruns just wasn't enough. I swear, Fox Sunday is becoming a member of the "What's Happening" cast with The Simpsons and King of the Hill playing a minimum of 3 times each from 6pm on (yes, a very pathetic Rerun reference, sue me).

-Durge-
04-08-2004, 09:09 AM
WoW....where can I find screen caps of this episode...?

vadersvette
04-08-2004, 04:07 PM
WoW....where can I find screen caps of this episode...?
There's a pretty lot of them Here (http://justdohit.co.uk/frames.php?ep=FABF10) :D :D :D

-Durge-
04-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Awesome...thanks!

El Chuxter
04-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Is this the current "big ol' Simpsons thread"? :D

Last week's new episode was pretty funny, and I've hated all other appearances of Artie Ziff (minus the classic original prom episode from waaaaay back when). The best part was him running into all of Lovitz's characters in Moe's Tavern. . . including Jay Sherman! :D

While watching last night's episode, I noticed something disgusting that, well, I'm going to have to beat around the bush since this is an all-ages site. Let's just say that Comic Book Guy took Skinner's fiance and mother on dates, and both ordered the lobster. :eek:

The Groening cameo was classic.

Kidhuman
04-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I was thinking the exact thing Chux. Nasty.............

vadersvette
04-19-2004, 04:26 PM
The Groening cameo was classic.
Yeah, that was great! :D lol :D It's like the fourth version of Matt as a Simpson character (The other 3 being the one from way back, an angry bald Southern man (138th episode spectacular), and one with a grey beard and an orange shirt.) lol :crazed: lol :crazed:

JediTricks
04-19-2004, 09:47 PM
I hate to be a killjoy, but I absolutely HATED the new episode last night, it was terrible. There were 2 things that made me laugh, and I already can't remember either of them. I thought the plot stunk, the gags sucked, Groening's cameo was poorly shoehorned in, and the end bit with Skinner in a Catwoman costume (from Batman Returns, no less) was just dopey - as if Skinner wouldn't notice the boobs on it.

Exhaust Port
04-19-2004, 09:55 PM
JT, this is your response for anything Simpsons related. Yes, we all get that you hate the Simpsons now but what is the compulsion to still bring that up everytime the discussion arises. It still makes some of us laugh and a poor episode of the Simpsons is still better than 99% of the other stuff on TV (100% if just looking at Fox). There are plenty of other things on TV to watch if your continually disgusted by the Simpsons.

Kidhuman
04-20-2004, 06:26 AM
The thing that made me laugh hard JT was when Bart and Lisa were looking at the WWII pics with grampa. HIlarious. That and DOdge Rock. LM:beard:O

JediTricks
04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
JT, this is your response for anything Simpsons related.LIES! Lies spread by my opponents to slander my person and drop my ratings in the polls. :D

Not entirely negative: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=316609&postcount=10

Second Paragraph not negative:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=223653&postcount=10

Um... that's all I could find, but still. :p

Yes, we all get that you hate the Simpsons now but what is the compulsion to still bring that up everytime the discussion arises. Because it annoys me how much this show has slipped but I still feel compelled to watch for some unknown reason (maybe it's "secret hope"), and I want to voice my opinion since this ain't the "We love the Simpsons" thread.

Bosskman
04-21-2004, 06:17 AM
I thought the episode was pretty funny. I think, in general, this year's episodes have been funnier than last year's. The Catwoman suit was damned hilarious. The were other parts to it where I laughed out loud too but I've only seen it the once so it's hard to remember (unlike other episodes I've seen 50 or so times). It wa no "sugar ball" episode but it was funny nonetheless.

vadersvette
04-21-2004, 03:59 PM
"Mrs. K, you look awesome! That cloud looks awesome! Hey! That rock looks awesome! My hands look awesome!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JEDIpartner
12-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Nice Star Destroyer hanging from the ceiling of Goose's novelty shop. :)

El Chuxter
12-13-2004, 11:59 AM
That was about the only good thing about the episode. :)

JEDIpartner
12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Oh, admit it... some of the sayings on the shirts were pretty funny. :)

Exhaust Port
12-13-2004, 01:30 PM
I was hoping that there would be a Simpsons website at www.nuclearsecrets.com but no luck. :)

Bosskman
12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
"Made for kids by kids! We pass the slavings on to you!"

The Itchy & Scratchy characters on that were so damned funny I forgot what they were now except for Osama bin Scratchy and Scratch Bob Itch Pants.

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Sunday night's The Simpsons "Future-Drama" was one of the better ones this season. But it still didn't top the "Midnight Rx" episode where Homer and Grandpa smuggle prescription drugs from Canada.

Professor Frink's future-teller machine give us a glimpse of Bart and Lisa's senior year in high school. Although it's only eight years in the future, there have been some major advances in technology. Homer and Marge have separated; Milhouse is a buff weightlifter, Moe has a clone, Nelson has impregnated both Sherri and Terri, and the Springfield PD are all Robocops. Bart's girlfriend Jenda is pretty hot for a yellow chick with an overbite. Plus we have a fifty-first state: Saudisraelia!

As was mentioned in the Futurama thread, Bender makes an appearance on the show.

Oh yeah, you guys are all gay for Moleman.

El Chuxter
04-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Interesting. I thought this was the worst Simpsons episode of all time.

(Or, as Jeff might say, "Worst. Episode. Ever!")

JediTricks
05-02-2005, 07:59 PM
I thought last night's 2 eps were not great, but both eps had great work done by their chief guest stars. Ray Romano seemed a pretty good fit with Homer, funny dialogue and well-delivered. Albert Brooks was really funny in his ep, his little in-between stuff felt totally like him, made me wonder if he wrote it. Unfortunately, I felt both plots and the writing around them was all fairly poor work, so I didn't love either ep.

Ji'dai
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
I didn't care for "Don't Fear the Roofer" with guest star Ray Romano. It was just a weird episode that became even stranger after Homer's admission to the mental institution since everyone thought Ray was imaginary. The Stephen Hawking black-hole bit was stretching things even for a cartoon.

"The Heartbroke Kid" was a little better. Albert Brooks' turn as the fat camp drill instructor reminded me of his role as Hank Scorpio. The voice, jokes, and delivery were eerily similar for both characters. It's almost as if Brooks' writes his own material when he guest stars.

I guess this episode wasn't really the 350th to air. After the pope died, FOX post-poned the 349th episode about Bart being sent to Catholic school when he's suspended from Springfield Elementary.

JediTricks
05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
In production run, it's still 350th. The catholic school ep is airing in 2 weeks as the season finale (both this Sunday's and next Sunday's schedules have 2 new eps, just like this last week's).

Ji'dai
05-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, last week's Simpsons fun hour was pretty blase. I suppose "A Star is Torn" might have been a little more enjoyable if I'd ever watched that reality talent show they were parodying. Still, the spinning newspaper with the headline "10 Year Old Boy Disqualified: Actually Paul Simon" was good for a snicker. Ya know, due to Simon's short stature.. and that he'd actually try to enter a kid's talent show... Okay, so it wasn't that funny. Also unfunny was "Thank God it's Doomsday" satirizing the "Revelations" and popular "Left Behind" series.

Fortunately the season finale episodes were a little more enjoyable. "Home Away from Homer" had Ned moving his family to a Henry Ford-like Americana town after finally tiring of Homer's crap. "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star" (Liam Neeson) had Bart and Homer converting to Catholicism. We get to see Reverend Lovejoy and Ned Flanders on a deprogramming run in their van called the "Ministry Machine," similar to the Scooby-Doo's Mystery Machine.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 02:18 AM
I think having the Catholicism ep bumped to AFTER the season finale was a mistake, if it had aired right before it would have given the season finale's impact of Flanders moving away a lot more weight (before then turning it around and doing a classic Simpsons "fished-in" thing).