PDA

View Full Version : FX Y-Wing

DarkArtist
03-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Just an idea since we got Dutch Vander, and we already have the FX X-wing why not make a Y-Wing in scale to the X-Wing since the Target Y-Wing was hard to find. Include a new exclusive pilot, removable of course, and the electronics can be flight sounds, laser sounds, and voice overs from Star Wars. Point is this Y-Wing should similar to the Saga versions not the classic / vintage series. :)

jjreason
03-22-2004, 04:51 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that they were planning an OT release of this ship? I would imagine that would mean a direct copy of the Target one, or with any luck a slight re-working of that version. I do like the bigger X-Wing (the Dagobah one, I don't have the Power FX version), but I like it with mixed emotions. I don't like the fact that they changed the scale of the ship because it makes my other X-Wings look disproportionate if I display them all together.

darthdeogg
03-23-2004, 02:28 AM
If they do an OT release of the Y-Wing I think it should have the space to fit an R2 unit like the recent X-Wing, as well as the original '77 Y-Wing. With or without figure? Hmmmmmmmm that'sa toughie.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that they were planning an OT release of this ship? I would imagine that would mean a direct copy of the Target one, or with any luck a slight re-working of that version. I do like the bigger X-Wing (the Dagobah one, I don't have the Power FX version), but I like it with mixed emotions. I don't like the fact that they changed the scale of the ship because it makes my other X-Wings look disproportionate if I display them all together.

I haven't heard any talk of a Hasbro redo of the Y-Wing, but there is some serious rumors of a Lego UCS Y-Wing coming out later this year on shop at home. Perhaps that's where you heard it from.

I passed on the FX X-Wing due to the scale and that you can't take the Luke out of the vehicle. It was just a big turnoff for me. If Hasbro does a Y-Wing like that I'll just leave it on the shelf for someone else.

Hellboy
03-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Out of all the ships produced thus far this is the one most worthy of a re-release IMO. The original was way to difficult to find and the prices this thing fetches on the secondary market are unreasonable as far as I'm concerned. :(

fishyfett
03-24-2004, 12:59 PM
This one and the Desert Skiff. Both were hard to find, high secondary prices and in need of re-scaling. Bad, real bad.

Old Fossil
03-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Knowing Hasbro, they'd never go to the trouble to resculpt the Y-Wing to be more porportionate to the FX X-Wing. They should at least retool the thing to include sturdier landing gear and a pack-in Astromech droid, with a slot to put it in. Make it a TRU or Wal-Mart exclusive.

arctangent
03-26-2004, 09:32 AM
the fx x-wing is my favourite vehicle ever - much better and more accurate than the original even though you couldn't remove luke. i can't see hasbro taking the time to do an fx version of the y-wing though. the y-wing was never officially released in the uk and those i have seen were bloody expensive for what it was and an fx version isn't going to get any cheaper. i can't see why they would re-tool the piece either, knowing that there are lots of people who didn't get one first time round. just release it in new packaging and it will probably sell anyway, so there is no incentive for hasbro to do anything to it.

Fwad
03-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Check out the new insider for info about the Sandcrawler and new Y-Wing.

LusiferSam
03-26-2004, 10:28 AM
If they do an OT release of the Y-Wing I think it should have the space to fit an R2 unit like the recent X-Wing, as well as the original '77 Y-Wing. With or without figure? Hmmmmmmmm that'sa toughie.
Try '83. The original Y-Wing came out with the ROTJ line in '83. That's it looks so good. I'm not sure we need a bigger Y-Wing, I'm happy with the size. But if Hasbro would put the electronics back in and update them that would rock.

Old Fossil
03-26-2004, 01:34 PM
just release it in new packaging and it will probably sell anyway, so there is no incentive for hasbro to do anything to it.

One COULD argue that manufacturing a quality product that improves on an old one is incentive enough. Look at the new Lando Skiff and Bossk figures. There wasn't a huge outcry for resculpts or reissues of those figures (we even got a reissue of the POTF2 Bossk with the TRU Ultimate Bounty pack), yet Hasbro did it anyway, and Lando is selling well and the new Bossk almost certainly will. Seems like the same logic could apply to a vehicle like the Y-Wing, a ship which already has great appeal for the same folks who are buying the new Lando Skiff... like me. :D