PDA

View Full Version : Hard to get figures...

clonehead
03-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Once they start with all the Clone Wars figures I kinda stop buying the figures, well that is in bulk at least. What are some of the new hard to find/get figures. The ones i am talking about are like Ephant Mon, hard ones to get like him. Which ones are hard to get?

Kidhuman
03-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Tanus Spijek and J'Quille have been HTF. There seemed to be a mini drought, but stuff is showing up now. It isnt as bad as '03 was, but those have been the hardest to find this year so far.

Dr Zoltar
03-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Well of the Clone Wars line, the Super Articulated Clone Trooper and the Red Arc Trooper have been difficult to find.

clonehead
03-23-2004, 10:53 PM
i haven't been able to find Durge either, am i unlucky or is he also hard to find?

Reefer Shark
03-23-2004, 11:49 PM
I never saw SA clone, Red Arc, or Kit Fisto at retail. Had to get 'em via the secondary market....

There are some that I got lucky enough to find once at regular retail (like Ventress, Durge, concept stormy, R1-G4, etc...). I would consider these fairly difficult to find as well.

clonehead
03-24-2004, 12:09 AM
really??? well my contact at the swap meet by my house has those figures most of the time. she only charges me about 8 bucks and they are in good conditions; maybe i should pick them up before she stops carrying them.

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 12:52 AM
really??? well my contact at the swap meet by my house has those figures most of the time. she only charges me about 8 bucks and they are in good conditions; maybe i should pick them up before she stops carrying them.

I would. It would save alot of time and hassel. And if youfind them anywhere else, like ebay or e-tailer, once you add in shipping, the price is higher than that. It sounds like it is worth the deal. And if it is swap, try trading for some of em. :D :beard:

Lobito
03-24-2004, 01:20 AM
J' quille, Tanus and Rappertunie are impossible to find...Durge and Asajj Ventress are some tough cookies also. Most of these figures just show up in bids...

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 01:23 AM
I was lucky enough and got J'Quille and Rappertunie on Ebay for 16 bucks. + shipping. And that was before they were officially releasaed. I had a feeling that J'Quille would be HTF and I was right. I havent seen him at retail, but have seen Rappertunie and Tanus.

clonehead
03-24-2004, 01:47 AM
crap, there was a rappertunie at the swap meet last week and i didn't buy it! i am going back there this weekend. I have a few figures i would like to trade, but i don't believe they are worth anything: Endor soldier (with and with out beard), chewbacca, maybe a yoda or 2, and i have a few POTF that were opened but put back in the case.

angellus
03-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Darth Vader - Death Star Clash

mm74md
03-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Tanus - This is the only figure I have never seen on the pegs. But from what others said, Tanus should be coming out again in future waves.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd say pretty much everything from 2004 is HTF. Waves have only hit sporadically, at least in my area, so by not camping out 24/7 at retailers chances are you won't get much. True, this year has been better than 2003 but only by a slim margin.

I was able to find all 2003 figures including the CWs, but the toon wars for Yoda and cloney have been tough.

hango fett
03-24-2004, 11:12 AM
super articulated clone trooper, yoda (toon), luke form jabbas palace (non hologram), j'quille. that'd be it for me!
H

Old Fossil
03-24-2004, 11:31 AM
I have never seen the Concept Trooper, red ARC Trooper, or R1-G4 at retail. I had to get R1 off Ebay. Many others I have only seen once: Jabba, J'Quille, Tanus, Luke (not Holographic), BaR2-D2, and SA Clone. I was sure to grab those when I saw them!!!

My WM seems to get 1 or 2 new cases per month, on average. I'll be thankful if that trend keeps going through the Star Destroyer and Endor waves.

clonehead
03-25-2004, 12:04 AM
well, if finding the arc trooper si that hard, then i am now going to consider myself very lucky that i found both of them.