PDA

View Full Version : Resculpts we still need (merged)

JediCole
08-19-2001, 12:54 PM
I've seen various threads in which suggestions or desires for specific figures are voiced and, almost without exception, there is always at least one previously produced character in need of a resculpt. I thought it would be best to make a single-thread overview of those I felt were in need of a makeover. This is by no means a complete list, so feel free to include others I may have missed along with your comments. The characters are listed in no particular order.

1. R5-D4 - Though rumored to already be in production, I've seen no good confirmation. Of all of the characters produced to date, this on is by far the one most in need of the resculpt treatment. A break-apart, missle firing body? Where did that come from? Ok, I know it was the "save the idea" off-shoot of the projected "Attack R2-D2" (which was to have been accompanied on a seperate card by "Attack C-3PO" which left me for years fearful of "Attack K-3PO") which was (thankfully) vetoed by LucasFilm. However it appears Lucas has less of a place in his heart for the hapless Astromech with the bad motivator and let this version go straight to the factory floor and into our hands despite our dissatisfaction. A remake only makes sense, both from this standpoint and for the ability to make other R5-D4-sytle droids in the future. (Personally I would love that one with the all-yellow head and yellow highlights, though I do not recall the call numbers).

2. - Dr. Evezan - There are two reasons the nefarious Evezan needs a resculpt. Number one, not everyone bought or was able to buy the Cinema Scene that was his showcase, and number two, the sculpt quite frankly stunk. I've wanted an Evezan figure for over 20 years and when we finally get one he looks more like Jack Nicholson with a lazy eye than Dr. Evezan. And I saw pictures of this figure when it was in production and the sculpter had one of the best photos of the actor in make-up I've seen! Put one of the current sculpters behind such figures as the new Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot on this one and we will get what we need. Oh yes, and tone down the exagerated action pose.

3. Uncle Owen - Like the good (or evil) doctor above, Owen Lars needs a non-exagerated sculpt that anyone who wants to buy JUST ONE FIGURE can purchase. The only real detractor to the original is the placement of the arms. The head sculpt could use a little more detail as well. And as for accessories? Don't give him a Tatooine "squirrel gun" (like the one Luke carried to watch for Sandpeople), have him come with something related to the homestead. No, not more "blue milk" glasses. Pair Luke's uncle with a 2X-3KPR "porchlight" droid (seen in the background milling around at dusk as Luke searched the horizon for R2). Sure Owen never stood next to one on film, but then Beru didn't exactly have a Treadwell doing the dishes with her either. Show a commitment to keeping characters together with reasonable accessories that reflect the scenes in which they appear!

4. Han Solo (Hoth) - I have made quite a case for this one on the tread with this figure as the subject. I will say only that I currently refer to the POTF2 version as "split second Han" because, though I have not had a chance to confirm this, there may be a split second of film in which you can espy Han with the hood of his coat down but the Rebel supplied cold-weather hat still on his head and not crumpled into his hand). A less exagerated pose and something akin to the head on the Han that came with the TaunTaun is what we desire.

5. Ponda Boba - We need a Ponda that falls (in sculpt) somewhere between the POTF2 release and the Cinema Scenes release in regard to its sculpt. A little more action than the carded version, a lot less than the CS incarnation. Oh yes, and a removeable lower arm!

6. Yoda - The "Flashback Photo" series did little to help the old Jedi Master. The rooted hair was a touch I can't decide if I love or hate. At any rate, he could sure stand a resculpt and better accessories. Leave out the backpack in favor of a snake and a swamp flyer (smaller than the one permanantly attached to the Dagobah Complete Galaxy globe). Let Yoda keep the lantern and cook-pot however, to round out his accessories.

7. Luke (Dagobah) - I always thought this was a nice touch, to have a separate Dagobah training version of Luke. The original still bears too much of the "beefed up" approach of early POTF2 figures. Give Luke the backpack that Yoda came with and some non-weapon accessories. He should come with interchangable hands so he can do handstands and a stack of stones and a container to move with the force. A Dagobah version of R2 could come with additional containers as well as a power generator.

8. Lobot - I couldn't wait to have a Lobot figure and what did we get? ACTION Lobot! All of the noble dignity of this character was lost by putting him in a mambo pose. Sure he has puffy sleeves but he's not at Carnival in Rio! Give us a Lobot we can be proud of, Hasbro.

9. Han Solo and Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disquise) - Not a two pack, just saving some space here. Both of these guys need a refit. And using two different poses for the bodies, plus the newly resculpted helmets which are so much more accurate. Give Luke a Stormtrooper blaster and a mouse droid, give Han a blaster rifle to hand off to Chewie and a HOLSTERED Stormtrooper blaster.

10. Death Star Trooper - Another victim of the exagerated action pose. Give this officer of the Imperial Navy a more natural looking pose and give him a holsterable pistol like that which will accompany the new Rebel Fleet Trooper. Remember, that was another type of Imperial blaster carried by Death Star Troopers.

11. Princess Leia (Bespin) - Like so many others, the need is two-fold. First, not everyone bought the two-packs and of course, a better sculpt would be nice.

12. Momaw Nadon - With the incredible attention paid to accuracy in the latest figures, Momaw Nadon needs a resculpt to give us a figure that is just that much more accurate to the movie version, and with jointed legs so he can be seated!

Well, I think twelve was enough of a stretch. I'm sure there are more and they will be addressed by others. I await your comments!

2-1B
08-19-2001, 03:27 PM
I'd like to see a better Luke Jedi Knight! Cloth cape is mandatory, and I also think a nice touch would be an interchangeable hand, one gloved and one artificial.

JediCole
08-19-2001, 03:53 PM
In retrospect I found another had escaped my mind:

13. Emperor's Royal Guard - We need a replacement for the mumu wearing version in the worst way. Go with cloth as in the original, vintage release. And remember, only one arm is visible! It only makes sense to make this figure as, with few changes, an Episode II Courscan Guard can be made.

14. Couriscant Guard - The Royal Guard got me thinking about this one. Again, only one arm is visible kids! A cloth outer cape will help with the issue of the unused other arm.

Keep those resculpt ideas coming!

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 04:05 PM
I used to be totally satisfied with the Cantina Aliens up to this point, until the release of the Duro. I'm not saying all of them need to be redone, just the major ones: Walrusman, Hammerhead, Greedo and Dr. Evazan. Three of them for the reasons JediCole stated above and Greedo with more precise color matching and a shiny head like in the film.

Hoth Rebel Soldier- why in the world haven't these been remade yet? I usually dislike the GI Joe articulation but for a figure like this (and the Endor Rebel Commando) it seems fitting.

Dagobah Luke-read JediCole's reasons above.

Skiff Guards-the Nikto and Klaatu were never even on a Skiff in the film (did you think we'd forget?) and the Barada was a perfect example of a decent sculpt ruined by a horrible paint job. So another three-pack would be cool, but unlikely. I propose Hasbro should just focus on the Nikto, 2nd Weequay and Kithaba characters from the prisoner Skiff, since none of those have ever been made before. I would say make everyone from the Skiff but unless you're prepared to release a larger, correct-scale Skiff toy then there's really no point.

Luke Jedi-there'd have to be two versions, one for the Jabba scenes with a vest and CLOTH cloak, and one for the Final Duel without the cloak and maybe have the corner of his shirt hanging down, like at the end of the battle. Both would have one ignited lightsaber and one deactivated saber hilt, which could clip onto his belt a la Naboo Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan.

I can't think of any more at this time, when I do I'll be sure to post them.

humsup
08-20-2001, 01:03 AM
Now, pls don't get mad at me because I'm gonna vote for this fig again - General Veers, with removable helmet :D

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 01:57 AM
Here's more:

AT-AT Driver: decent job, but you can do better

TIE Fighter Pilot: again another decent figure, for it's time, but I'd like to see a more accurate one in height and proportion.

Emperor's Royal Guard: everyone knows why this one needs to be remade, it's a shame when the figure that came out fourteen years before looks better than the new version.

Snowtrooper: more accurate and proportional

Imperial Gunner: shorter with baggier looking clothing

That's all for now...

evenflow
08-20-2001, 10:03 AM
In my eyes, the main figure that needs a resculpt is the emperor's royak guard. If they were to redo this one i'd be happy.

A new Luke Jedi would be cool too, but the Emperor's Royal Guard is more important in my eyes.

Eternal Padawan
08-20-2001, 11:51 AM
If we wait long enough every will post about every figure needing a resculpt. I am sick of resculpts. I want NEW figures, not resculpts. So with that in mind, here are my resculpts wish list.

R2-D2 cause we only have a few already.

Darth Vader cause we only have 20!! already.

Chewbacca cause we only have a few already.

Classic Leia cause we only have a few...you get the point.

NO MORE RESCULPTS!

JEDIpartner
08-20-2001, 01:06 PM
As I have said time and again...

See-Threepio!!!!

Sith Worm
08-20-2001, 01:41 PM
I agree with all the people above (except for the eternal padawan) Did anyone ever tell you that quality not quanity story why have all these cool new figures when the main guy in the whole story still looks like crap! And Humsup this day I will not be mad at you for I would love a removable chest plate and helmet Veers!

El Chuxter
08-20-2001, 05:30 PM
Please, no more Ponda Babas! Two is more than enough.

I think a fully articulated Malakili resculpt would rock. ;)

JediCole
08-20-2001, 05:46 PM
Articulated Malakili? Articulated to do what? Cry his eyes out?

Jargo
08-20-2001, 06:46 PM
Bib Fortuna. He needs to be more refined around the face and his cloak made much less bulky. Also his arms could do with some elbow articulation so he can be posed in that obsequios genuflecting way that he appears around Jabba and Luke when he has the jedi mind trick played on him. I love Bib for his inherently wicked look in the movie but his figure makes him look like uncooked dough. And if we don't get a ROTJ Bib then an Episode one version so he can be customised to look more like the ROTJ version we should have got.

Gamorrean guard with a vibro-lance. Posed in a more neutral guard like way. The one we have is great but he looks like he's dancing or something. So just a more neutral pose of the same figure would please me.

Looking at the pictures of the TIE pilot and the AT-AT driver in my visual dictionary and then looking at my figures of them, I can't see that they could be done any better. The size scale and detail actually looks spot on from where I'm sitting.

Death Star trooper with a neutral pose. none of this silly running around posing please Hasbro. It makes the figures little more than useless. I don't think they should look like the vintage rigormortis figures but then I don't think they should look like they are running round like headless chickens either. Softer neutral poses that allow for play and for display are whay most people want. Haven't seen much praise for the super-action pose of your new Eeth Koth figure.........

darth chuck
08-20-2001, 10:32 PM
How about resculpts of all the remaining vintage figures that haven't been redone yet?

Sidiously Darth
08-21-2001, 09:32 PM
1. Imperial Dignitary
2. Cloud Car Pilot
3. Chief Chirpa
4. Warok
5. Romba
6. Lumat
7. Teebo
8. Paploo
9. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt
10. Gen. Madine

I borrowed the above post from another tread. These are the last of the vintage line. They must be made. End of discussion!!!:mad:

I also agree w/ most of the resculpt ideas. And don't forget rubbery Dengar...add the backpack and make him a bit thinner.

buba-fatt
08-21-2001, 11:42 PM
luke dagobah with removable jacket and belt. new carbonite block han. they've made two of him without even getting close to how he should look. a new bith band guy with his sitdown campstove instrument and articulated knees. sy snootles from the original release not S.E.

Darth Cruel
08-25-2001, 03:25 AM
I just want to throw out a thanks to Jedi Cole for noticing the difference in the Death Star Trooper's weapon. This has always been a source of minor irritation for me. According to the Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology. The same manufacturers who supplied the Empire had operatives who secretly supplied the rebels as well. And that is why they have some of the same weapons and equipment. So it can't be argued that they SHOULD have different weapons. I say get them right!

bigbarada
08-25-2001, 02:11 PM
I still think they could improve greatly on the Gamorrean Guard, less of an action stance and a big, oversized cranium like in the movie.

JediCole
08-25-2001, 11:07 PM
Thank you Darth Cruel for that nod of appreciation. It is always nice to know that people are actually READING these posts word for word. So often you will see a thread started (and not just by me) and then read some of the replies and it seems as if the person making the reply didn't even read the post!
JediCole is a child of the days before the Star Wars name and information inflation set in, when nothing was spelled out for us on paper. You had to be a keen observer of the subtleties of the Star Wars Universe. And you had to go back to the movie theatre to see it more than once. God bless JVC for bringing the VHS to our shores! Now our observances can be even more keen, like the frequently posting member who pointed out the Rebel soldier in Biker Scout armor that escaped my eye after countless viewings of Jedi.
Anway, the point I am making is that what makes the Star Wars Universe so wonderful is that you see little things that lend depth. Like the Rebels having a lot of the same weapons and droids that the Imperials have. It would only stand to reason that a rebel force would have both black market and captured weaponry and supplies. But it doesn't end there. Streets bustle with activity, backgrounds are rich and full, there are little throw-away characters and props and such everywhere you look. And before there was a name for all of them! That is the only downside to the later chapters. Everything you see on screen was pre-named, it had to be. Every single individual, every droid, every piece of equipment. It isn't so much the names as the built-in history. I liked it better when things just were what they were and you had to draw your own conclusions. I may be showing my age, but there was a time when you had to figure that Hasbro wasn't going to make a Yarna (large dancer from Jabba's palace) because she wasn't very marketable and there were plenty of characters yet to be seen, NOT because of her questionable past as presented in the Star Wars based literature.
P.S. I also agree wholeheartedly about the Gamorrean Guard needing a resculpt. And give him one of those funky force pikes this time. More of them had those than official "Conan the Barbarian" battle axes!

bigbarada
08-26-2001, 12:33 AM
Now our observances can be even more keen, like the frequently posting member who pointed out the Rebel soldier in Biker Scout armor that escaped my eye after countless viewings of Jedi.

Ummmm, you're talking about me right?;)

I'm with you in ref to the "old days" when every single character wasn't classified, catagorized and catalogued. There was still the element of mystery and imagination in the background characters. You could take any unnamed character and 'make it you own' by giving him/her a name and history. I developed my interest in writing from making up Star Wars character backgrounds. Nowadays, everyone is already spoken for, so to speak, not just in the films themselves but in the EU literature. Especially the deathblows to all mystery and wonder in the Star Wars universe: West End Games and Decipher. Thanks for killing the fun, guys.:mad:

JediCole
08-27-2001, 11:09 AM
Yes, Big Barada, I was speaking of you, but was pressed for time and could not research my thoughts at full. And a special tilt of the Jedi hood to you for pointing out something even a life-long observer had missed after over 100 viewings both on the big and little screen. Imagine how much more we will discover when the classic trilogy is out on DVD! I can't wait for the October release of Episode I to get a good look at the Senate (and because my widescreen tape developed a sound glitch and I refused to pay for another boxed set just to get the film the way it was intended to be seen. Personally I would do away with "Pan and Scan" outright if it were up to me.
Anyway, like Big Barada I can trace the origins of my interest in writing to Star Wars. It took many years to develop from the point of an awkward twelve year old enamoured with Star Wars and scripting his own space dramas off the top of his head to film on 8mm with friends to a serious approach to commiting ideas to paper. In the final analysis, Star Wars not only inspired the collector in me, but also the writer. Both conditions persist to this day.

Jargo
09-02-2001, 08:50 PM
Both conditions persist to this day.

You make it sound like an affliction. :) I'm not interested in the Eu stuff much. I use the names these characters are given because it makes it easier to talk about SGT. Doallyn than 'that guy with the black helmet that has pipes on it who is in jabba's palace and gets clouted by Boushh'.
When you have a name assigned to a character you can all come at each other on the same level. having to explain who you are talking about passes on the name to others and so it goes. I disagree with the way the EU seems to be absorbed as lore into the whole mythos. it's ridiculous and the EU just makes the whole discussion muddy and confusing. The EU has more holes than Oola's outfit and contradicts itself with silly nonsense concocted by lazy writers with no imagination. I've read through some of these essential guide books and laughed out loud at the juvenile scrawlings I've found. Or is that the draw of the EU, the fact that it seems to be written by nine year olds? I exclude the comic books from this because you can't get any depth in a comic book, but the bad writing is applied to all EU.
Before anyone chips in with the tired retort of 'why don't you write something better then' Let me say that I really can't be bothered to. I have no interest in pulp fiction so why waste my life trying to achieve such low levels of literature?
A name for a character is useful but just make up the backstory to the character yourself. I thought that was what the whole thing was about - engaging the imagination and the sense of fantasy and adventure not relying on poor imitations of the patchy originals.

JediCole
09-03-2001, 11:21 AM
Jargo,
I agree that names are most helpful as a frame of reference, and would go on to say I prefer Momaw Nadon and Tessek to inane handles like Hammerhead and Squid Head. However, like you, it is the poorly realized back story that is troublesome. Has anyone else noticed how many background characters had DIRECT involvement in the Rebellion? The Mos Eisley Cantina was not a wreched hive of scum and villainy, it was a safe house for the Rebellion if one is to take the character guides as gospel. Add to that the persistance of characters who are "misunderstood" and are "social outcasts" who have to find a new world where they can feel welcome with others of their kind (or orientation). Finally, and this is the point where the laziness of both writer and the LucasFilm approval department shows most strongly, the bounty hunters. It is not enought that they all be stripped of their mystery, we are now asked to believe that, to a man, they have all had run-ins with Han Solo and/or Chewbacca! Han did not have a perpetual bounty on his head. And what are the chances that every bounty hunter he had ever crossed paths with would be in the Anoad system (or close enough) to answer Vader's cattle call. Can't at least ONE background character NOT be connected, directly or indirectly to the core characters?!

Brave Sir Robin
09-09-2001, 12:35 PM
I noticed that as well when I read "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" by Kevin J Anderson. All of the hunters have had run ins with and have a grudge against Han and Chewie. Boba Fett wants to kill him, Dengar is peeved about his Swoop Bike accident, Bossk hates all Wookiees and would like to skin Chewbacca...can't we all just get long?

bigbarada
09-17-2001, 07:59 PM
Back to the subject of resculpts, I really love the POTJ Scout Trooper, but wouldn't it be cool to have one that was poseable enough to actually sit on a Speeder Bike AND stand on his own? Without looking like he was just struck with a serious case of constipation? What I'm thinking is simply a more neutral posed Scout Trooper with the sculpting of the POTJ version and bendable knees and elbows, packaged with a speeder bike. Maybe he could be included in the next Deluxe line-up.

Twisting wrists on the Scout Trooper and correctly positioned handlebars on the Bike would be much appreciated also.

Am I alone in wanting this?

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 10:40 PM
I couldn't agree with you more!!! I think that the characters that had specific vehicles they are connected with should have more poseability. You can kinda get away with Han, Luke and Chewie with the Falcon and the X-Wings and whatnot... but the Speeder bike is designed a completely different way and BEGS for this kind of articulation!!!

GNT
09-18-2001, 04:22 AM
ANH - Jabba, the one for the special Edition was cr@p! It should be redone whith heaps of articulation :)

Boushh Leia - needs the POTJ treatment

Boba Fett - neutral pose this time!

Ponda Baba w/ removable arm!

Better sculpted ANH Obi Wan!

JediCole
09-20-2001, 11:12 AM
I agree about the Biker Scout (or a new one) with the Speeder Bike needing to be as effective a figure off the bike as on the bike. However, if we are to see a rerelease of the Speeder Bike, how about a more accurate bike to go with the more accurate trooper? All we got (in three different incarnations) was the same bike as the vintage one. What we need is a bike that is slightly smaller (more accurate scale) with a clear acrylic stand instead of giant foot pedals to act as "feet". This would allow for accurate foot pedals, improving the overall look of the bike. Release the bike in an assortment of Scout Troopers, Luke (resculpted to have a REMOVEABLE helmet, he did take his off too as we know), and Leia also with improved sculpts for freestanding poses as well as riding. The Biker Scout bikes should be packed in cases at a ratio that will keep army builders in mind (Perhaps a case would consist of two Luke/Bike, two Leia/Bike and four Scout/Bike).

Also, I quite agree with GNT that a neutral pose Boba would be a nice addition to the collection, something along the lines of his pose while standing with Vader in the Cloud City dining room would be ideal.

There was another figure that begged a resculpt, but it escapes me at present, so I'll post again later.

Lobito
09-20-2001, 06:32 PM
Who needs a resculpt...lets see:

BIB FORTUNA!!!
Jabba of course
R5-D4
Evazan
Ponda baba and,
Emperor Royal guard

Thats it.:)

GNT
09-21-2001, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
Also, I quite agree with GNT that a neutral pose Boba would be a nice addition to the collection, something along the lines of his pose while standing with Vader in the Cloud City dining room would be ideal.

Who needs a resculpt...lets see:

BIB FORTUNA!!!
Jabba of course
R5-D4
Evazan
Ponda baba and,
Emperor Royal guard

Thats it.

I agree 100% with you :) We should start a petition :)

bigbarada
09-22-2001, 04:05 PM
Here's a list of Ep1 figures that need a resculpt, mostly because by the time Ep3 comes out they'll be major characters in the saga.

1. Senator Palpatine (I shouldn't need to explain why a more accurate version of him needs to be done. Even if he doesn't turn out to be Darth Sidious, we all know eventually he will become Emperor Palpatine)
2. OB1- Hasbro has yet to do a really good, non-EU version of him.
3. Queen Amidala in Red Senate Gown- she needs more detailed sculpting and a removable overcoat

The other two key characters in the saga, Anakin and Yoda, both have excellent enough versions from the Ep1 line that a resculpt would be unnecessary.

Fulit
09-22-2001, 05:10 PM
I'll explain why we need a new Senator Palpatine, the old one looks more like George Washington. I think we really need a new Jedi Luke, Bib Fortuna, a friggin' JABBA, a new Snowtrooper with more articualtion, and a new Emporor's Royal Guard would be cool. And who wouldn't like a 25th Anniversary C3P0 and R2D2 with the escape pod?

GNT
09-24-2001, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
I'll explain why we need a new Senator Palpatine, the old one looks more like George Washington.

Hey Lucas,there onto our plan for world domination,what shall we do?

Give them what they want, a new Palpatine, Rick

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2002, 01:29 PM
Hasbro, take this list into consideration. Please.

Resculpts:
*Luke Skywalker (Jundland Wastes [A New Hope]). Includes EII-style saber, with or without magnets (preferably without), a cloth or plastic poncho, binoculars (use the ones from the Classic floppy hat fig - I don't care), and articulation at the neck (up-down and left-right), shoulders (ball-joint), elbows (Jedi Duel style or floppy hat style is your choice), waist, legs, knees, and ankles. There. NO MORE TATOOINE LUKES!!!!!!!!!!
*Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape [A New Hope]). Except this one, with blaster and belt.
*Luke Skywalker (Hoth [The Empire Strikes Back]). With scarred face, magnetic hand/EII lightsaber, binoculars, and, if possible, an electronic wrist communicator with Luke and Han dialogue. And all the above articulation.
*Luke Skywalker (Jedi [Return of the Jedi]). Includes magnetic EII saber, hand binders, glove (this can be an extra black hand - fine by me), magnetic blaster, Rancor's bone, cloth cape, and all of the above articulation points.
*Leia Organa (Bespin [The Empire Strikes Back]). In the dress from the Leia/Han two-pack, but not completely lace/cloth. This figure needs no fancy articulation or accessories, just good sculpting.
*Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise [A New Hope]). Similar to the Fruit Loops 1995 one, but carded. With blaster, removable helmet, Chewie's binders, trash compactor metal rod, and all of the above articulation (which shall be henceforth called "mega-movement."
*Han Solo (Hoth Peril [The Empire Strikes Back]). With cloth hood, real vest color, lightsaber (for open-Tauntaun scene), removable goggles, and "mega-movement."

More to come . . .

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2002, 03:24 PM
*C-3PO (Tatooine [The Phantom Menace]). With Anakin's flag, removable eye, blanket, and light-up eyes. With or without "mega-movement".
*C-3PO (Jabba's Interpreter [ Return of the Jedi]). With slimy body, removable eye, Salacious Crumb (in any pose but the hand-to-hip "Don't go there girlfriend" pose), magnetic feet for a magnetic droid puller-upper thing, and, of course, "mega-movement" (MM) - but toned down a bit.
*R2-D2 (Yavin 4 [A New Hope]). All dirty and "bloody." Has a magnetic top of head for lifting out of X-wing with included droid-puller-upper thing.
*R2-D2 (Jabba's Astromech [Return of the Jedi]). Includes drink carrier, holographic Luke Skywalker, and magnetic head for magnetic, yep, you guessed it, droid-puller-upper thing.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight [The Phantom Menace]). While they already have more than enough Obi-Wans of TPM, and one called Jedi Knight, they need one with a cloth cape, removable braid, and MM - especially in the knees, for the scene with Yoda.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Spirit [Return of the Jedi]). More realistic sculpt of dead Ben with bendable knees and some articulation, unlike the statue from Lay's. Might as well have some Dagobah shrubbery to sit on.
*Lando Calrissian (Pilot [The Empire Strikes Back]). Lando in Han's clothes. What else can be said?
*Darth Vader (Death Star II [Return of the Jedi]). With NO right hand, and NO lightsaber of any kind. Just with a cloth cape and a two-part removable helmet. With blinking chest lights, if possible.
*Emperor Palpatine (Death Star II [Return of the Jedi]). With cloth - but not too much cloth - just enough to have legs that can be legs that can be bent at the knees, and not just a statue. And, of course, with his chair and Luke's saber.
*Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Tester [The Phantom Menace]). Includes MM, blood test kit, and better comlink that can be connected to something in the blood kit.
*Qui-Gon (Final Duel [The Phantom Menace]). While rather crude, includes battle damage and funeral crematorial thing. Yeah.
*Darth Maul (Holograph [The Phantom Menace]). A redone version of the light-up lump of plastic. With some articulation, not necessarily MM, and some paint, so we can tell it's Maul.
*Darth Maul (Duel [The Phantom Menace]). With MM, "Jedi action", and a break-in-half saber.

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
OK fellow collectors, heres the question:

If Hasbro asked what 5 figures you would like to see redone/resculpt, what would it be?

remember 5 only, no more! not 5 and a substitute backup, JUST 5! Choose wisely!

here's my five:

1. Dagobah Luke
2. Hoth Luke
3. Hoth Han
4. Hoth rebel troops
5. Imperial stormtroopers in snow gear (AKA snowtroopers)

Please, list resculpts only!

rherk
05-08-2002, 02:28 PM
1. Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (Jabbas palace)
2. Bib Fortuna
3. Luke Stormtrooper
4. Han Hoth
5. Lando Skiff guard disguise

QLD
05-09-2002, 03:43 AM
1.) General Lando
2.) Skiff Lando
3.) Mara Jade
4.) Speeder Bike Luke/Leia with the camo on.
5.) Hoth Luke/Han

kevfett
05-09-2002, 04:16 AM
1.) Death Star Trooper
2.)Jedi Luke (end Of ROTJ)
3.)Adi Galia
4.)Dengar
5.)Tusken Raider ( A male one that can hold his Gaffi Stick correctly)

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 05:38 AM
5) Jedi Luke!
4) Leia as Boushh!
3) Cantina Band Member! (better elbows like Kamino Escape Jango!)
2) Bespin Gown Leia!
1) R5-D4!

187-Maul
05-09-2002, 07:42 AM
1. Luke Jedi Knight
2. Destroyer Droid
3. Jabba
4. Luke/Han Solo in Stormtrooper Diguise
5. Bib Fortuna

evenflow
05-09-2002, 01:29 PM
1. Jabba the Hutt
2. Luke Jedi
3. Bib Fortuna
4. R5-D4
5. Dengar

Taichi
05-09-2002, 01:46 PM
The figures are perfect.....all of them, and therefore do not need resculpts.....

nobody will be pleased with the resculpts, and there's really no reason to do them, since we already have Han Hoth, Lando Skiff, and all the others......

you were pleased enough to buy them in the first place, so why are you disappointed in them now?

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 02:19 PM
I did not say i "was pleased with them in the first place", I was disappointed in them (Hoth han/luke/rebel soldier/snow trooper) the first time around and saying "nobody will be pleased with the resculpts" is unfair. Besides, i'm not the only one who would like to see these resculpted, just look at past posts in the forum!!! Sculpting and collecting standards have gone up and people do notice the changes. It also attracts new collectors into buying quality products. Besides, Hasbro will most likely resculpt them anyway. They gave us a better Lando, slave leia, rebel fleet trooper, stormtrooper and chewbacca, to name a few!

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 02:20 PM
HASBRO......BRING ON THE RESCULPTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbarada
05-09-2002, 02:35 PM
Resculpts are ESSENTIAL for many of the early POTF2 figs right now. They are far from perfect.

1. Darth Vader Removable Helmet (pretty good, but can be much better)
2. Luke Jedi Knight
3. Han Stormtrooper (so bad I never got the original, so there!:p )
4. See-Threepio (they ALWAYS make his head too narrow and small)
5. Han Carbonite

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 02:52 PM
THANK YOU BIG BARADA!!:D

I AGREE 100%!

it is very essential! It also attracts NEW collectors which Hasbro's "bean counters" love to hear! $$$$$ cha-ching! The POTF2 linup is far from perfect. Besides, who was satisfied with the very first POTF2 "monkey face" princess leia? Thank god for Todd McFarlane for raising the action figure standards and continuing to raise the standards today!

A shout out "hell yeah" to resculpts!!!!:crazed: :D :D

Taichi
05-09-2002, 06:50 PM
If you weren't pleased with them, then you shouldn't have bought them, simple as that.....

Beast
05-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
If you weren't pleased with them, then you shouldn't have bought them, simple as that.....
Taichi, at the time they were good. But they are lacking majorly in some areas. All of the Chewie and Vader figures before POTJ were to short. Princess Leia was to tall. And alot of them were way to buff or out of scale. Just look at the POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper in comparison to the re-sculpt in the POTJ line. It fixed his pants color, his height, and his helmet. Or look at the original 1995 Stormie figure, in comparison to the Commtech Stormie. There are quite a few older figures like that that could use a re-sculpt. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Taichi

see JarJarBinks comment

times have change, so have the level of standard. Easy to say what you know now when you have hindsight! to settle for something is not good enough anymore. Hasbro knows, and have done something about it. It sells. People are hooked on it and will demand more. On with the resculps!

BTW - great comment JarJarBinks

Taichi
05-09-2002, 07:12 PM
I don't see it that way.....

the vintage figures are simply horrendous compared to today's standards, but people still collect them, because they love them....either for nostalgia value (Actually, mostly for nostalgia), but at the time, they were good enough.....the only time we got a resculpt in the original line, was when a character changed his/her costume dramatically.....

and we were fine with it.....and I for one, still am, with that formula.....

I prefer to get new figures....the resculpts, while not entirely my cup of tea (I've already got the character, and I'm more than happy with it) can wait until we have more unmade characters....

sure, the Commtrooper is cool, and resculpts of army builders add variety, but main characters being released in the same costume over and over and over ad nauseum is just pointless......

I can remember a few years ago, all the collectors complaining about the MASSIVE number of Tatooine Lukes available.......they wouldn't shut up about it, but now they DEMAND resculpts.......

I wish these people could make up their minds, so we can get back to basics......

I personally think that EVERY figure released up to this date be repackaged (YES, every figure) with their original accessories (Even Commtech chips) on Saga cards......just like with the original, vintage line........

Hasbro could get rid of that old stock they're sitting on, and I'd be able to complete my collections for a pittance.......

or maybe, just rerelease some Fan-favorite figures (Exactly like the originals, including accessories) that maybe were hard to find, or just really popular......

Beast
05-09-2002, 07:25 PM
They got out of hand with Tatooine Luke, and they never did his darn poncho that he wears. Hopefully he is coming with the landspeeder that is exclusive to TRU this fall. Hasbro has already said that they went overboard on the Tatooine Luke thing, and he has been set aside to focus on other charecters that need redone.

There are plenty of figures that compared to the new attention to detail and sculpting methods, just don't work. I never want to see figures from POTF2 reshipping on the new cards. That would be a major mistake. There are some of them that would never fit in with other charecters that are new.

I don't even wanna fathom making a list of what needs corrected, just because there are so many that need it. R5-D4 definatly does, he was a major abomination. I'm not saying all of the POTF2 figures need it done, but there are quite a few. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 07:31 PM
i also see your point, Taichi

i would like to see more different star wars figures made also. I just don't want to see a massive wave of resculpted figures realeased right away. I still want them!

Rereleasing the POTF2, on the new cards is an idea. Gives a chance for people to get figures they missed out on.

hmmm. . go concept stormtrooper (I know, i know, not in the movie, who cares! BUT I LIKE THE CONCEPT STORMTROOPER! COOL LOOKING!)

SNAYSON
05-09-2002, 07:32 PM
come on people! let's see that list of 5 reculpts you would like to see!

Taichi
05-09-2002, 07:35 PM
Fair enough, I'm happy now, and will no longer argue the point...

1) Jabba
2) The Emperor
3) R5
4) Han Trooper (Okay, I admit, the first one sucked)
5) Removable bandolier Chewie (Chewie is cool, and we can never have too many wookiees)

Beast
05-09-2002, 07:42 PM
1. Darth Vader: Removable Helmet
2. R5-D4
3. Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
4. General Veers
5. Dengar w/ Backpack

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
05-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Jedi Luke would rock as a resculpt.....especially with his cool 80s helmet hair!!!

and the only way they could make RH Vader cooler would be a magnet in his hand (With wires, like in the 12" 2 pack with Maul), and a two part removable helmet.....

I personally LOVE the original RH Vader......but those points would make it better!

corporal AMF
05-13-2002, 12:27 AM
The only problem with Vader RH was his height,.....he is about tall as Han or Luke.......Also I believe Hasbro never could handle the size of his helmet.......It should be a little bigger.....Do you guys remember his presentation in ANH? His helmet covers almost his shoulders....!

corporal AMF
05-13-2002, 12:34 AM
WELL This is my List::::

1- HOTH characters... Han & Luke (Better sculpts and believable parka down to their knees, also Luke X-Wing hoth, non-buffy)
2-R5-D4 (Obvious)
3-Endor Han with Poncho
4-Palpy (I believe Hasbro can make now a really evil Palpy now)
5-Han & Luke from Death Star compactor (With dirty Stormy suit and wet hair)

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 10:48 AM
Well, we got a new Royal Guard sculpt...everybody happy? Probably not. Here's TEN random resculpts I'd like to see.

1.I'd like to see a carded Han Stormtrooper after 25+ years.

2.A Bartender R2 would be kind of nice, but I bet they're sitting on that one for when they make a Jabba's Sail barge vehicle.

3. A Soft Goods Yoda with two legs instead of one (why does the vintage Yoda have two legs and the newer versions only manage one big unifoot? Explain it to me...)

4. A new Dagobah Luke. maybe with the new Soft Goods Yoda. Yeah. A nice touch Hasbro.

5. A Bespin Gown Leia that doesn't look like Gilda Radner.

6. A non-disco Lobot

7. Han Solo Hoth.

8. A Severed arm Ponda Baba (magnets seem all the rage these days at Hasbro...)

9. Jabba the Hutt. Seriously hasbro, what's the hold-up?

10. All the Jedi Council members with articulated knees and soft goods robes so they can chill in the council chamber or whupass in the Geonosian arena.

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 11:00 AM
Quite a good list JabbaJohnL. May I add a new Dagobah Luke and a New Yoda to go with him? Toss in a cloth backsack and you're good to go. (sigh) Hasbro is probably sitting on this idea for their 25th Anniversary ESB 2-packs...

Wolfwood319
05-26-2002, 11:07 AM
There are currently 4 active threads about resculpts, on the first page alone. Just FYI.

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 11:08 AM
1. Dagobah Luke w/ Yoda and soft goods backsack.
2. Jedi Luke w/ Endor Poncho, Endor helmet, lightsaber blade, hilt, interchangeable hands, soft goods cloak, magnacuffs, and enough articulation to make him ride a speeder bike or writhe in agony under force lightning.
3. Jabba the Hutt
4. Jedi Council members with articulated knees and soft goods robes so they can chill in council chambers or whupass in Geonosian arenas.
5. Severed arm Ponda Baba.

This list might change on a daily basis. I'm very fickle about my unproduced Star Wars goodies.

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 11:14 AM
There's five about R5-D4. R5 wins! Hurrah!

Hey Hasbro! Where's the Sith Infiltrator already?!? :mad:

:Pirate: Yohoho and a bottle o' rum...

JediCole
05-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
10. All the Jedi Council members with articulated knees and soft goods robes so they can chill in the council chamber or whupass in the Geonosian arena.

It is sure nice to see that some of the older threads still float back to the top from time to time. This one is espcially dear to me, not only because I started it, but also because of the love-hate relationship we all seem to have with resculpts.

I agree wholeheartedly on the above and hope that Hasbro will one day see the logic in this move. I would also hope that should the council be produced, we get all 14 members (Yes, that is right, 14! Remember, Yareel Poof and Yattle are no longer on the council by the time of Episode II. Replacing the "female Yoda" and the "Jurassic Giraffe Jedi" are Shaak Ti and that big, black dinosaur headed Jedi Master who's name escapes me.). Such figures would allow maximum playability and should all include their requisite types of Jedi chiars (from the three types used). Of course, the real challenge for Hasbro is Oppo Ranciis, since it has now been revealed that he has a snake-like lower body (I suspected from his first appearance that he had no legs, so it was nice to see that verified in EII). Perhaps they could release such articulated/soft goods Jedi as Deluxe figures to justify the added costs of articulation, soft goods, and accessories (chairs). Yaddle and Yoda could come as a two-pack as could Oppo Rancisis and Evan Piel.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-26-2002, 08:23 PM
No more Tatooine Luke's!!!

:eek:

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 08:51 PM
I agree with Han Stormtrooper and Han Hoth, but I will add Han Carbonite to that list too.

Another removable helmet Vader should still come with his right hand and lightsaber. I want a Vader figure that can be used in every scene of the OT. Basically one all-purpose final version of Vader, not 300 Vaders for 300 different scenes in the films. I'm sick of figures being so scene specific that they are virtually useless. What good is having such a cool sculpt of X-Wing Luke if he can't hold a blaster? The point is not to recreate the movie with the action figures, but to expand upon it.

They all sound pretty good, but I am tired of buying Ep1 Obi-Wans and Qui-Gonns, plus I am sick to death of seeing Tatooine Lukes. Resculpt the Stormtrooper disguise and Ceremonial if you want to do another ANH Luke.

Rogue II
05-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Well, since Hasbro is releasing the Army builder sets, they most likely will have some extra comtech Stormtrooper bodies laying around. Why don't they slap a Luke and Han head on some of those puppies, throw in a blaster, binders, helmets, and put them on cards. Boom! Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise resculpts. Simple, right?

Other than those Tatooine Lukes, I like these ideas.

By the way, aren't we getting another Luke with the upcoming landspeeder this year?

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Well, since Hasbro is releasing the Army builder sets, they most likely will have some extra comtech Stormtrooper bodies laying around. Why don't they slap a Luke and Han head on some of those puppies, throw in a blaster, binders, helmets, and put them on cards. Boom! Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise resculpts. Simple, right?

Because, while the Commtech Stormtrooper was an improvement, it could still stand to be A LOT better. That figure had lots of articulation, but you could never seem to get any good poses out of one; unless you were doing "laying on the ground dead" poses.

I'd prefer they actually put some effort into it and do them right.

I would add TIE Pilot and Imperial Gunner resculpts to the list since the current sculpts are horribly outdated.

Rogue II
05-26-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

I would add TIE Pilot and Imperial Gunner resculpts to the list since the current sculpts are horribly outdated.

And the AT-AT driver, Snowtrooper, AT-ST driver, Scan Trooper...

mylow thehutt
05-28-2002, 06:49 AM
:) all the bounty hunters well 4 really.

1.Dengar:with backpack and better sclupt,and a cool gun.

2.Boosk:just a new sclupt would be nice.

3.4-Lom/Zusscs:make a two out of them.and new sclupts.:cool:

WHOS WITH ME!!!

Lman316
05-28-2002, 10:34 AM
I agree about the Dengar, even though the one we have isn't too bad.
But, I think the POTF2 Bossk is really good (one of the best POTF2 figures, as far as sculpt goes) and I can live with the Zuckuss and 4-Lom.
How about (maybe) a new, normal posed Boba Fett? The POTF2 Boba is okay, but I'd like something neutral posed for my ESB Bounty Hunter scene (I only have two of the 300th Fetts, one for the Carbon Freezing scene and one for Jabba's Palace - so I need something new to go with my other bounty hunters :))

End.

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 10:51 AM
Heh. All that work merging the resculpt threads and people still don't bother to look past the first...I don't know...thread on a page. They just start a new thread willy nilly, not bothering to think or look to see if anyone has had the same idea and maybe come up with similar ideas. They probably don't even read other posts in a thread they post in either. They simply assume...

Lman316
05-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Heh. All that work merging the resculpt threads and people still don't bother to look past the first...I don't know...thread on a page. They just start a new thread willy nilly, not bothering to think or look to see if anyone has had the same idea and maybe come up with similar ideas. They probably don't even read other posts in a thread they post in either. They simply assume...

Actually, it's about the 11th thread down the list - but I still see what you mean.
And am I just as bad for encouraging it? But if I am, wouldn't that make you just as bad for posting a reply too? :crazed:

darthvyn
05-28-2002, 11:29 AM
jedi luke, with "holding-the-lightsaber-with-two-hands" articulation, definately...

Darth Evil
05-28-2002, 02:31 PM
As much as I love the 300th one, I want a neutral pose Boba too.

Jonna
05-28-2002, 02:37 PM
I agree with mylow thehutt completely.

Zuckuss, Zuckus,..........ZUCKUSS (w/ tons of weapons)

mylow thehutt
05-28-2002, 03:36 PM

Whoa!? easy big fella,:stupid: listen I didn't know there was a thread like this or I would posted there. Ok chill ,don't go chewing me up and spiting me out. any way, I would like a new fett with that rope on his shoulder,but I thought the 3000 one was good.I do agree on Boosk but why not do him,got every one else.;)

DarkArtist
05-28-2002, 09:57 PM
If Hasbro does decide on resculpting a Jedi Luke here are a few ideas that I would love to see and would work for everyone else as well.

First make a Luke with massive articulation. I not just talking the norm of what we have seen I mean real human like articulation. Have hip joints similar to the old style GI Joe, knees joints like on the rebel trooper, wrist joints. neck joints, swiveling waist, bending elbows. This figure should be almost similar to a multi-pose Spiderman but in 3 3/4 inch scale.
The basic look should be Luke in the Jedi Flight suit minus the vest. Both the vest and clock should be soft goods. Incluse a removable Endor poncho, also soft goods, as well as helmet. One new style lightsaber with removable blade. Lightsaber should be detailed to look like the actual prop, and shouold be able to be attached to the belt like Eeth Koth or Naboo Jinn and Kenobi.
Two hands, one gloved one blaster burned, and two heads, yes that right two heads, one in agaony and one regualr. Include Force lighting to wrap around his body and there you have one cool Luke Jedi.

Release a new and improved Vader and Emperor Plapatine in the same fashion and bingo you have instant sellout.

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Whoa!? Easy big fella,:stupid: Listen, I didn't bother looking for a thread like this or I would have posted there. Ok? Chill. Don't go chewing me up and spitting me out.

It's a pet peeve of mine. Especially in the wake of new forumites coming in because of AOTC. A lot of people just start a new thread about a topic that someone already started a thread about. And then that thread gets knocked off the front page because MORE people start new threads...and it becomes a vicious cycle. If everybody would take a moment to scroll through the older pages, they might find an interesting topic they were planning to start a thread about in which several people have already voiced highly intelligent comments. Rather than having that person have to reiterate in the NEW thread that which he already noted in the older one, you could simply respond to his thoughts. And it's easier on the moderators trying to keep track of several different threads, if you keep all the comments on a particular subject in that particular thread.

Sound reasonable?

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

And the AT-AT driver, Snowtrooper, AT-ST driver, Scan Trooper...

True, they could also use an update. We also need General Veers with removable helmet and AT-AT Commander chestplate.