keithfite
03-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey
I am sure this has been talked about but I missed out

Where is the Sandcrawler exclusive to
Are the figures that come with it NEW?
Whats it going to be retail

Is the pilot in the TRU exclusive Red Leader X Wing a new figure

I missed out on that. so I appreciate your help.
Thanks

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 08:35 PM
The sandcrawler pretty much will go to Target. It will be around 50 bucks and come with 3 figures that havent been named yet.

ANd I believe it is a rehashed pilot with the X-Wing

Card Dreamer
03-24-2004, 09:15 PM
uhg, I hate exclusives...should never be allowed...

Darth Mina
03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Exclusives is an other word for EXPENSIVE OVERPRICED item that only collectors want. :crazed:

clonehead
03-25-2004, 01:04 AM
i'm a little tired of the exclusives. it just is another way to have people travel to differnet stores.

Kidhuman
03-25-2004, 06:42 AM
And for scalpers to snatch them all up and sell on Ebay for twice the recommended price. Exclusives always irk me. I cant think of many exclusives that I have except the Holiday 2-pack from Wal-Mart. Actually, the only exclusives I do own, have been bought at Wal-Mart, since I frequent them most often.

arctangent
03-25-2004, 06:58 AM
i have seen the sandcrawler on pre-sale in the uk at www.r2dtoys.com and it is listed with only two figures. i am sure i read somewhere that the droid is the death star droid repainted and the jawa is the one that came with the potf ronto beast pack.

evenflow
03-25-2004, 07:18 AM
I want this vehicle, one of the few vintage vehicles I want but dont have. I wish that they would totally fill it up with lots of droid parts, and I mean alot. Maybe those parts could be put together to make a bunch o fdifferent droids like the old Droid Factory.

JEDIpartner
03-25-2004, 10:34 AM
It amazes me that the Sandcrawler will retail for about as much as the Falcon and won't have any of the cool upgrades to it... other than paint. That's just dire. I don't know what they were thinking.

LusiferSam
03-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I just hope Hasbro fixes the side door. The weakest part of Kenner's design is the hinge for the side door, it just wasn't meant to last. If Hasbro retooled it to be like the AT-AT's side door it would work fine and last.

jjreason
03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry to say, but I don't think they'll deal with the side door. The new Shuttle's bay has a VERY vintage feel to it... the one thing about that vehicle that they really needed to rework but didn't. I don't think the shuttle was worth the amount I paid for it (I like it, and have no regrets, but.....) and I'm of the belief I'll feel the exact same way about the Sandcrawler. At least they're including figures this time.

keithfite
03-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I agree, exclusives are usually a disapointment. I cant believe they cant just put some new figures with these things. oh well. buy the way. This TRU exclusive jedi council set, who comes in that? I thought I heard Qui Gon was in it. But are they new versions of these characters, or just re releases with council chairs?

B'Omarr Monkey
03-25-2004, 05:35 PM
I have very mixed feelings about the exclusives. Depending on the store they are done through, they are either fairly plentiful (the one area that TRU seems to actually deliver on in terms of SW) or turn up in limited numbers in only one shipment (Target) or not at all (Wal-Mart where I never saw the holiday edition figures or CW bonus packs). The stores that carry the exclusives also seem neglect offering them via their websites, which you'd think would be an automatic way to make money from people who live in areas that don't have their physical stores.

On the other hand, I'd rather the vehicles were made as exclusives than not at all. $50.00 is a bit harsh for the Sandcrawler, but since it seems that everybody's been clamoring for this thing to come out, are you going to tell me that you are going to pass on it if you find it?

It seems like we all look for stuff to complain about (myself included) instead of being grateful that these things we all want are finally being made available to us. Sure, there's other figures I'd rather have than the RA-7 (death star droid repaint) or the Ronto Jawa, but when you think about it, what other figures would they include? It also makes more sense for them to include repainted figures with the vehicles since it costs them more to make new ones. It keeps the vehicle price down, otherwise they'd include no figures, so forget ever seeing RA-7. Also, Hasbro knows that they can put new figures on a card and sell them for $5-$6 individually, which is how we'll see the new R5-D4 if they make one. If I were someone who didn't want to, or couldn't shell out $50 for the Sandcrawler, I'd probably be upset if the new R5-D4 was made only available with the sandcrawler instead of a couple repainted/repackaged figures.

Darth Mina
03-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Monkey is absolutely right we all complaint about exclusive but as soon as we get the we are all lovidivi and forget all the nasty names we called hasbro and the store that carried that vehicle.
As far as figures in vehicles I love that idea, that way we won't be left wanting a figure that only come on a 50 + dollar toy, Remember the red R2 unit on the E1 ship. I wish there was a carded one that way I would have it