PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 HDD with Final Fantasy XI

jjreason
03-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Anyone bought this yet? I'm dying to get going on FFXI, but I just don't have the cheese right now to make it happen (the set is going for 139.99 up here, a little pricier than I believed it was going to be).

If you have it, what's the scoop? They've promised that load times on older games will be greatly diminished. True or false? Is FFXI everything we'd expect graphically speaking? I'll be looking for info elsewhere, but I'd like to hear the opinions of the locals as well.

Dar' Argol
03-26-2004, 07:46 PM
The thing that ticks me off about this is the subscription charge. This is what has kept me off of such great games as Everquest, Sims Online, Star Wars Galaxies. Its bad enough that its costs $140 for the HDD and game, then the cost of your internet, and then you have to pay to play the game!?!?! SW Galaxies cost $50 and then you have to pay $20 or so just ot play it??? There's got to be a better way. I've been an avid fan for the Final Fantasy series since The Master System. I've played every FF game that was available for US release. I'm saddend to think this may be the first I miss :(

jjreason
03-26-2004, 11:47 PM
I love them too (overall), but I've had a love/hate relationship with games themselves. I still have never beat part I, and hence have never played my emulator-run, translated versions of the Japanese parts II and III. IV V and VI I have for Playstation via the archives package. Playing part VI I got quite far, but can't beat one of the bosses near the beginning of the "World of Ruin" (after Kafka drops the island out of the sky).

VII I've played 3 times through, but I can't get into VIII. IX was all about Tetra Master for me, the game itself simply existed as a means for me to fuel my addiction to that stupid card game (which I believe is being run online as part of XI - that's all I bloody well need). X I still haven't finished as I keep getting distracted. I'm quite close to the end now, and one more push should have me there.

About XI, I have no real knowledge. Does it exist as a game that I can play on my own as well as online, or does it only exist online? Is there a quest that we all embark on, or is it different for everybody? Again, I'll need to look elsewhere for official info, but I'd like to hear impressions from anyone getting involved on this end.

CaptainSolo1138
04-12-2004, 02:41 AM
I really want the new hard drive, but with no application to SOCOM II yet I think I'll wait.

General Grievous
04-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Well I have it for PC. I reccomend It for PC over PS2 because there is no hassle for it. I must say not bad it could be better but its better than I thought. I'm in Fairy I'm Darksteele, if anyone needs help let me know I usually give help and little training parts in the game. So let me know and if possible does anyone know the world pass for Bahamut?