PDA

View Full Version : Insider 75 - More Jedi packs

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2004, 07:22 PM
In the Fall, TRU will have more Jedi Council packs. They only listed Shaak Ti and Stass Allie so far, but there'll be more. So far, that means there's been:
*Pack 1 - Mace Windu, Oppo Rancisis, Even Piell
*Pack 2 - Depa Billaba, Yarael Poof, Yaddle
*Pack 3 - Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Ki-Adi-Mundi
*Pack 4 - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, Eeth Koth (not yet confirmed, but shown)
*Pack 5 - Shaak Ti, Stass Allie, *
I assume those two will be in the same set, I'll bet with Coleman Trebor, as an AOTC set. It's nice to know that they'll make people from both movies. :)

Card Dreamer
03-26-2004, 10:45 PM
that's awesome news. I love the Council scenes..second favorite (since I consider all together to be one large scene) out of all the cinema scenes (Ep1 Tatooine Showdown is my #1 fave)

Kidhuman
03-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Council packs like Screen scenes or 4-packs?

Card Dreamer
03-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Screen Scence

vadersvette
03-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Why is Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan listed? They weren't on the council :confused:

Card Dreamer
03-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Vadersvette..because they stood before the council and that is how their figures will be positioned..standing before them...

Kidhuman
03-28-2004, 07:04 AM
I hate these new screen scenes. Iwish they would goback tothe 3-pack cinema scenes. They were much better IMO.

bobafrett
03-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, hopefully these won't meet the same fate as the second series of the Cantina sets did. If they did have the full council set, then I might just be tempted to crack them open to display the sets together.

Card Dreamer
03-28-2004, 09:58 AM
I hate these new screen scenes. Iwish they would goback tothe 3-pack cinema scenes. They were much better IMO.
What's there to hate about them? I love them.unlike the originals, there's much more than just 3 figures with these. With these, you get a whole 3D enviroment. from the awesome floors, to the Jedi chairs, holo displays along with unique figures.

And unlike the oler cinema scenes, these can be put together to form a ....well, larger scene :D

Kidhuman
03-28-2004, 12:23 PM
The screen scenes dont appeal to me. They look like trash. The cinema sceneslook alot better IMO. They were also 1/2 the price. Charging 30 bucks for a few lame figures is outrageous. The other way they displayed alot better in there box. If it were up to me, Isay do away with them all, release the playset and the figures carded. Make everyone happy.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Well... I was chuffed to see that these were coming out. I think it would have been a bit short-sighted for Hasblah to NOT finish up the series. It will be nice to get some neutrally posed versions of Shaak-Ti and some of the other council members. I am hoping this will also mean that we will be getting a neutrally posed Luminara and Barriss.

darthzirock
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
You're paying $30 for the Screen Scenes? Um, they were only $19.98 at Target, $21.99 at TRU. Were you ordering them online or something? Also, the Jedi Council & War Room Screen Scenes are now reduced at Target--anywhere from $13.98 to as low as $3.98, depending upon where you live. But, the retail price of $20-$22 was in line with the last releases of the Cinema Scene sets. I think Wal-Mart had them at $17.96, TRU was getting at least $18.99, maybe even $19.99. So, at retail at least, the Screen Scenes were just about the exact same prices as the old Cinema Scenes.

Silent Chazz
03-28-2004, 05:31 PM
I just came back from a weekend of fun and bought One of the Jedi Council Scenes (The one with Mace, Oppo and Even) at a target out of town for $9.99 (Apparently this Target lowered the Screen Scenes to Figure With Cup Price as I didnt see any Cup sets). I wanted the Second Council Set but they didnt have it, so I got the first one. Now Im wishing I had both sets as Im looking forward to making the complete circle.

What I dont understand though is HOW are they going to do the Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Ki-Adi-Mundi set since its rumored to be the Middle Piece. I mean the Middle Piece is gonna have to be large and Yoda and Ki-Adi HAVE TO come with Chairs, but in displaying em in the package how are they gonna do it? I mean come on, 2 chairs in the middle circle? Not gonna happen, lol. Bring on these sets Big H!!!!

Also, I was messin around with the Cloth Cape on my Extra Pilot Obi-Wan (got an extra for a Jedi Starfighter Im STILL trying to find) by putting it on Mace that came with the Council Set. With him wearinging it sitting down, he looks AWESOME.

Kidhuman
03-28-2004, 07:02 PM
I dont buy them at all, so IO never knew the price of them. I saw them in Target and hated them. I never even bought the trash sets. I bought one....the swing to freedom and only because I needed a toy fix and it was on clearance for 2 bucks at K-Mart. :beard:

Card Dreamer
03-28-2004, 07:43 PM
The screen scenes dont appeal to me. They look like trash. The cinema sceneslook alot better IMO. They were also 1/2 the price. Charging 30 bucks for a few lame figures is outrageous. The other way they displayed alot better in there box. If it were up to me, Isay do away with them all, release the playset and the figures carded. Make everyone happy.
I could easily debate each one of those points, imo. the price issue's been covered, so no need for that one. As for displaying better? I don't see how. Having a clear front AND top allows them to be viewable from ore than one angle, unlike the PotF/Ep1 sets. The figures look a lot better.

And from a top view, you COULD concievably put the two packs together to form the larger scene, though I admit, that's kinda pushing it. But I still don't see what makes them so horrible. Again, you get a lot more than just 3 figs and a cardboard back like with the predasessors (spelling is off, I know). You get everything to make the scene with and a decent photo drop bg...clearly visiable from the front. The only downside is they aren't as compact as the previous versions so they take up a little more space. I think it's a fair trade off

Chazz, congrats on your find, that's awesome news. And take apic of Mace waering that cape for me ;)