PDA

View Full Version : More Playskool coming

Kidhuman
03-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey folks, according to Austrailian Toy Fair, More pllayskool figs and sets are coming. Here is the link (http://www.mousedroid.com/) . They have some nice looking figs and sets.

plo koon 200
03-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Those are awesome. Galactic Heroes. That is quite a re-name.

Darth Mina
03-27-2004, 07:09 PM
I WANT THOSE :D
I just would like for them to me more widely released than the milenuim falcon was it took me about five month to find one

Kidhuman
03-27-2004, 10:26 PM
It seemed that if you missed them the first two weeks of there intial release, you were doomed to Ebay to find them. Wal-mart got them in once and never again. Never saw them anyplace else either.

Tycho
03-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Interesting and awesome!

Luke Skywalker - one Tatooine version we don't already have! (cool!)

R2-D2 - have to be a rehash of the one with the X-wing. That's ok.

Princess Leia - 1st time in Playskool style ever! Cool deal! The buns are a cute way to do her in this style.

Han Solo - check out the package - looks like the mock package is showing a BESPIN Han Solo. We don't have that one yet (ANH, Hoth are done) More cool news!

Darth Vader - repeat no doubt. But he's essential to the lineup.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - a "New Hope" version! Crazy old man! Nice!

Chewbacca / C-3PO - no doubt reruns from the Falcon set. I'll probably skip picking up this one. But the rest sound awesome!

Still: Boba Fett, Emperor, Jabba the Hutt, Lando, would all be awesome!

PREQUELS....

Padme for the first time! Whoo-hoo!

Anakin - rehashed from the Arena Set one? The only other changes they could make is 2 lightsabers, a cloak, or the Outland Peasant disguise one - or just giving him a droid hand. Anything to make him different would be cool.

Yoda is going to be cute! You know it!

Clones! Clones! Clones! I love more Clones. They can do color variations with these and drive us nuts again!

Obi-Wan and Jango from Kamino - awesome to finally get an E2 Obi-Wan and at least one of the Fett bounty hunters.

Now how about a Playskool style Count Dooku??? Super Battle Droid?

Also not to neglect "Phantom," where is the JarJar or the Qui-Gon and Holo-Sidious and Nute Gunray?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Playskool needs many more vehicles. Especially Bad Guy ones.

ANH: Darth Vader TIE, Luke's Landspeeder, Bantha and Tuskens, Sandcrawler

ESB: Slave-One, Snowspeeder, AT-AT

ROTJ: Desert Skiff, Sailbarge, shuttle Tyderium, AT-ST, TIE Interceptor

TPM: Gungan Sub, Droid Fighter, Sith Infiltrator, AAT Tank, Royal Starship

AOTC: Republic Gunship, Jedi Starfighter, Coruscant Speeders, Slave-One (Jango's paint style).

Dude: Vader's TIE, a Republic Gunship, and Slave-One would make my year in Star Wars! The AT-AT, Jedi Starfighter, and a snowspeeder would be the next closest, coolest thing!

Darth Mina
03-27-2004, 10:52 PM
It seemed that if you missed them the first two weeks of there intial release, you were doomed to Ebay to find them. Wal-mart got them in once and never again. Never saw them anyplace else either.
I was lucky enough to find them at a KB toys but you know how expensive that place can be :rolleyes:

JediTricks
03-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I have consistantly found all the sets at KB since they came out, can still find the Arena one and sometimes the Falcon & Ep 1 sets too.

This is cool news, and I probably will even get the Obi-Wan/Jango set (though it'd be the only prequel set I'd want). I also will pass on Chewie & 3PO since I have the Falcon set, but the rest look good and I will want them all. Hopefully, Hasbro will get the vehicles out to the public in concert with these figures so the line doesn't stall out the way it did originally. And I still want a Snowspeeder & TIE Fighter! :D

Rocketboy
03-28-2004, 05:39 PM
R2-D2 - have to be a rehash of the one with the X-wing. That's ok.

Chewbacca / C-3PO - no doubt reruns from the Falcon set. I'll probably skip picking up this one. But the rest sound awesome! Artoo and Threepio look like new versions. Artoo has his 3rd leg out and Threepio has his arm up. Slight variations, I know.

sith_killer_99
03-28-2004, 06:22 PM
I like these figure packs! I will be buying these! :D

JediTricks
03-30-2004, 02:33 AM
Artoo and Threepio look like new versions. Artoo has his 3rd leg out and Threepio has his arm up. Slight variations, I know. Good eye! I'll be much happier with that R2 set now, though I still don't think I'll be getting that Chewie set.

mm74md
03-30-2004, 10:34 AM
My kids love these & they are great for my daughter to play with since there are no small parts. Anyone know when these are slated to come out?

Kidhuman
03-30-2004, 11:49 PM
No release date as of yet mm74md.In my eyes, the sooner the better.

bobafrett
03-31-2004, 07:32 AM
I still see some of the older sets from time to time, and I almost bought a second Endor set with the speeder bikes since KB was putting them on sale. But I have to save as much as I can for my upcoming move. So heres hoping they wait a couple of months to release the new sets, because I have to have them.